4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 53.
    #1651 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I ordered the titan competition ring set. It was about $51 as I remember. They sure feel like silicone. I only noticed the white stretching issue on the many star posts. Maybe they substituted some rubber rings due to a shortage? Who knows.

Ahh. Maybe that's why I haven't notice this too. I've only used purple on larger rings, not for star posts.

#1652 3 years ago

Genesis is coming together.
    20160411_180516_(resized).jpg
    20160411_180541_(resized).jpg
    20160411_180527_(resized).jpg
    I like the purple. Especially since the ramps are now clear, they give some purple back to the playfield

#1653 3 years ago

That's the first time I've seen a Genesis with the clear ramps. Love it!!! So much better than the opaque purple ones.

#1654 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I noticed something interesting over the past few months on a route game. It looks like some of the rings are getting a very slight tan color... the location is a bar with typically heavy smoke, but I don't think that's causing it as wiping the rings down with a cloth doesn't do anything and there is a game next to it that still has pure white rings. Can silicone react to UV? I have two different types of LEDs from different brands between the two machines. I definitely think it's something environmental though as the non-exposed sides of the rings are still white. This is not a problem for me at all, it's barely noticeable if you ask me. Just curious about possible causes.

Verified it's caused by smoke/nicotine. Is there a proven way to remove these stains from silicone? A paper I read (even though it's from the 80s) says:

In this study, a maxillofacial silicone elastomer was stained with cigarette smoke. The stain was then removed by solvent extraction using 1,1,1-trichloroethane. The cigarette smoke produced large color changes in the elastomer as measured from spectrophotometric reflectance curves. The solvent was totally effective in removing the cigarette stain without changing the color of the silicone base.

I also read Fantastic cleaner works. I'm shopping a game with lightly stained Titan rings that are otherwise fine, I don't want to throw them out and want to reuse them among new pure white rings. The game has been in a heavy smoke environment for about 2 years. The installed ring is normal rubber, the one on the left is a stained silicone ring.

image_(resized).jpg

#1655 3 years ago

I'm terribly sorry I've been so slack on responding to posts!

Quoted from tp:

I know it was mentioned at the start, but did color translucent ever come to be?

We've been trying, but I haven't been completely satisfied with the colors of the prototypes I've received. They just don't have that nice translucent sheen to them. It's a little duller than I'd like. I'll keep trying.

Quoted from Playerone:

Here's the problem I'm having, it almost seems to be hit and miss. I had the same thing happen from transparent silicones from The Pinball Centre and also Titan.
    They seem to split along the mould line. Some will last for months and others a matter of days. Machines do seem to be staying cleaner though.

There was certainly some inconsistencies with a few of our earlier orders. The translucent rings are tricky. They don't seem to have the same stiffness as the color rings due to a lack of coloring agent. We've been working on this with our manufacturer and each sample gets better.

We always suggest using 2 1/2" for slingshots. Our rings seems a little too tight where the manual calls for 2".

Of course, we warranty all rings against breakage this early. Anyone having problems can PM me what they need, and I'll send out replacements ASAP. I know it's a pain to have to change them, and we are working very hard on the issue.

Quoted from d0n:

I bought a kit for my flintstones and installed them today. I noticed when the rubbers are stretched to go over a post, they turn white. The stretching makes them turn partially white in the stretched area. So instead of a nice purple rubber you now have a purple and white rubber.
    Kind of a bummer for such expensive parts.

That definitely should not be happening. Can you please tell me the size of the ring and where it's being used? I actually made that kit and I want to make sure I didn't make a mistake and send out the wrong size.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Do you have an approximate eta for the 3/4 posts?

They are in production now and should be shipping out late next week. Then it's all up to customs (ugh).

If I've missed anything I do apologize. Please feel free to PM me with whatever you need.
    Thanks!
    -Matt

#1657 3 years ago

When do you expect the 1 3/4" rings?

I need a few of those in black.

Just a question, but would a 2 3/4" in ring work on the slings to keep them from breaking/splitting?

#1658 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I did not see a "WOZ Kit". Did you have to buy them individually based on size?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/128

#1659 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Verified it's caused by smoke/nicotine. Is there a proven way to remove these stains from silicone? A paper I read (even though it's from the 80s) says:

I also read Fantastic cleaner works. I'm shopping a game with lightly stained Titan rings that are otherwise fine, I don't want to throw them out and want to reuse them among new pure white rings. The game has been in a heavy smoke environment for about 2 years. The installed ring is normal rubber, the one on the left is a stained silicone ring.
    image_(resized).jpg

Back when I was fixing video game consoles for people/refurbishing traded in consoles to re-sell, I came across many that the owners had smoked around before. That stuff is nasty! The very best cleaner I ever found for nicotene is called Mean Green. It just melts it right off. Great stuff, its what I would recommend.

k2-_63774ef6-844e-4550-a9f0-ece4a1b7a687.v1_(resized).jpg

#1660 3 years ago

We have some big news!

Titan Pinball is up for sale!

Here is the link to thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-titan-pinball-llc

#1661 3 years ago

Here is Fathom with Titan transparent rings and a bunch of LEDs. The transparent rings really glow with the LED treatment, would recommend.

fathom_(resized).jpg

#1662 3 years ago

Just a quick update: The new sizes have landed in the US. It's now up to customs to decide when to release them.

#1663 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Just a quick update: The new sizes have landed in the US. It's now up to customs to decide when to release them.

OMG - you mean there is a chance I could do my Space Shuttle before PaGG!?! Hooray (fingers crossed)!

#1664 3 years ago

Are there competition rings made for lightning flippers? Perhaps I'm overlooking... but don't see that option on website?

#1665 3 years ago

About creating a kit -
    When you create a kit, in the 'Size/Type', everything is referred to as 'rubber'. I'm not sure I created a kit for the Silicon Competition Rubbers.. May want to indicate that there..

#1666 3 years ago

OMG - you mean there is a chance I could do my Space Shuttle before PaGG!?! Hooray (fingers crossed)!

It's quite possible. But I've had customs sit on things for a while for no reason. I'll put them on the site and make the announcement the moment they come in.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Are there competition rings made for lightning flippers?

Not specifically. I've played our regular flipper rings on them with no noticeable difference. I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on this who has used them.

Quoted from Coyote:

When you create a kit, in the 'Size/Type', everything is referred to as 'rubber'. I'm not sure I created a kit for the Silicon Competition Rubbers..

We left it as "rubber" in case we wanted to tie it into either type if we ever carried the regular rubber rings again. As it stands now, everything is directed to silicone when you purchase a kit. I'll try to go in and change the wording so it explicitly says silicone. Thanks!

#1667 3 years ago

We left it as "rubber" in case we wanted to tie it into either type if we ever carried the regular rubber rings again. As it stands now, everything is directed to silicone when you purchase a kit. I'll try to go in and change the wording so it explicitly says silicone. Thanks!

No problem. I was just really confused for a while, and then decided to go with it anyways.

#1668 3 years ago

When the new sizes come in will you be getting more red star posts as well or should I plan on ordering those elsewhere?

#1669 3 years ago

When the new sizes come in will you be getting more red star posts as well or should I plan on ordering those elsewhere?

I don't think we'll be able to get them in before we finalize the sale. We've had to put our ordering for other inventory on hold during the process. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, we're still waiting on customs to release the new rings. It doesn't look good for this week. I'll update as soon as we have any new info.

#1670 3 years ago

I don't think we'll be able to get them in before we finalize the sale. .

Sold that quickly? Good for you.... I hope whoever bought it has sense enough to offer the super customer service as you & your wife do.

#1671 3 years ago

I sincerely hope the buyer fully intends on maintaining your product line and reputation. I would hate for anything to happen to your brand. Sounds like everything is going smoothly though.

1 week later
    #1672 3 years ago

I haven't been keeping up here. I'd like to place another order, can I still do so with no issues?

#1673 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I haven't been keeping up here. I'd like to place another order, can I still do so with no issues?

Yes I just placed one this morning. There will be no interruption with orders while the transistion happens

#1674 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yes I just placed one this morning. There will be no interruption with orders while the transistion happens

Yaaaaaaay!!!!

#1675 3 years ago

It good to see you got it sold but it's also a little sad. You guys were a joy to deal with.

#1676 3 years ago

Not specifically. I've played our regular flipper rings on them with no noticeable difference. I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on this who has used them.

Alright...I've had some on my BSD lightning flippers for several weeks. They play nearly the same...nearly...but there are some areas on the flipper that have a really dead "dead bounce". It feels like it's just a tad too lax...

#1677 3 years ago

I just finished putting Titans on my MMR-LE I used this kit here https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/131 which was mostly spot on but I did have a couple left over (yes I checked everywhere) and also there were no rubbers for the outlane posts, I assume that is because Titan didn't make them when this kit was put together?

Anyway does anyone know which outlane post rubbers I should get? are they the 3/8 O.D or the 7/16 O.D ?

Here is a picture of my original outlane post rubber next to a 3/16 I.D to compare, I really want to get it as close as possible so it doesn't affect the gameplay too much.

20160513_161611_(resized).jpg

#1678 3 years ago

Installing the rubbers on my MMR was much more of a task than I expected, quite a bit of fiddly dismantling to get to some of them.

Played about 20 games so far after and gameplay wise I can't tell the difference with the post sleeve rubbers and top lane rubbers, the bounce on the top post of the slings seems slightly more bouncy, but the active part of the slings is not noticeably different IMO.

The flipper rubbers (silicones) do play differently IMO to the original rubber, dead bounce is good and not much different to original and shots are good and predictable. But the ball seems to roll slightly faster and further down the flipper than on the original rubber, so a trap that would not have made it to the end of the flipper and rolled back down to be trapped will now roll over the end. So over all I would say game play is ever so slightly harder with Titan flipper rubbers Vs original black rubber, I would prefer more difficult to easier as easier makes me feel like I am cheating.

The purple color looks nice and I am happy with it, but I was happy with the original black also. I would not have bothered changing just for the color change, but the bonus of it keeping my new pinball cleaner is my motivation.

I was cleaning black lines from my in lanes every week, I assume I won't need to now.

Verdict = I'm happy with my new Titans and they are staying on

#1679 3 years ago

I used to switch my games over from black rubber to white as soon as I got them, because the black made the playfield so dirty. Now I put in black Titans, and the game looks original while staying clean much longer.

#1680 3 years ago

Actually if you want to know why some games are black to begin with it was due to operator request because black does not show dirt.

#1681 3 years ago

Hey guys,

I just finished a topside teardown of an NGG I picked up a few months ago and I installed Titan Rings with some Super Shiny pinballs when I put it all back together. As an FYI, 50 pinballs will fit in the flat rate shipping option (thanks for the help with that Matt).

The rings looks awesome and the game plays amazing. I probably only put in about 30 games before I did the teardown because the game had a few issues that needed addressing and just didn't play right. I didn't even put up a top score with the default scores in there. After putting everything back together with the Titan rings, boom, second game, 64M, club champion, hole-in-one challenge wizard mode, the who deal. It is just night and day.

I put my kit up on the site (https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/345) because it looks like no one had an NGG kit up there. It is mostly a mix of orange and blue with some highlights thrown in here and there. Thanks for a great product Matt and I can't wait to put these in my other games!

DSC_1439_(resized).JPGDSC_1440_(resized).JPGDSC_1444_(resized).JPG

#1682 3 years ago

Hello all.

Sorry for being absent from the forums for a spell. Life is a little hectic here at the moment.

Just wanted to give an update on the company and where things are headed.

We are in contract negotiations now, and everything seems to be going well. I am very excited to have these particular people interested in the business. They are keen to continue the level of customer service we hope we have been able to provide. We have had several conversations about bringing in new products, as well as getting inventory back in stock. I truly believe they can grow this business far beyond what I was capable. Not to put too fine a point on it, but they want it for what it can become, not just for the Titan brand.

We'll stay open as long as possible while we make the transition. We're still getting almost all orders out within 24 hours. Before the temporary close, I'll make an announcement on Pinside as well as our website. The plan is to have as little downtime as possible. I think we're shooting for about 10 days once everything is signed.

On the subject of the new sizes, don't get me started! According to the tracking numbers I was given, it all should have been delivered last Friday. Now, the damn thing shows it's back overseas! I hope that is not really the case, and I'll be on the phone tomorrow to sort it out.

Again, thank you, thank you, and thank you!! We honestly cannot convey how much your support has meant to us.

-Matt and Eve

#1683 3 years ago

Update on my mini review of my Titans above, I have now noticed quite a few more air balls from the post sleeves, I remember when I read this whole thread that was mentioned before, was there any fix?

I might swap my posts back to original rubber if I can't settle the airballs down. My main aim is keeping the game cleaner so posts shouldn't make that much difference to the rubber tracks on the playfield.

Anyone got an answer to my post #1677 above about the outlane rubbers?

#1684 3 years ago

Hi Guy's

Looking for a picture of TWD in clear and red please.
    Anyone willing to share a pic?

#1685 3 years ago

Just finished my TFTC. Wow, this game plays so different now! Ball really flies along the ramps and around the loops. Don't think it's ever played this fast before today.

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #1686 3 years ago

Glow in the Dark green rings on Indiana Jones STERN

DSCF2013_(resized).JPG

DSCF2017_(resized).JPG

#1687 3 years ago

My WCS gettin Titanized in purple with translucentslings

FB_IMG_1465069836317.jpg

#1688 3 years ago

Panthera with all different colors.

20160530_213231_(resized).jpg

20160531_201607_(resized).jpg

#1690 3 years ago

(This was posted on our sales thread)

We are extremely pleased to announce the sale of Titan Pinball to Eric and Heather Smith, aka angryjeep on Pinside. After speaking with many interested parties, we believe we have found the perfect fit for our business philosophy. Eric and his wife are excited to bring the same level of passion and customer support that Eve and I always strived to give our customers.

We've had many discussions about the way we currently do business, and I honestly believe Eric will meet, and exceed, our level of service. They are part of the pinball community and enthusiasts, and I think that enthusiasm will take Titan Pinball to new heights.

You can expect them to expand the catalog, restock LEDs, and bring in unique products of their own. And, I know they'll do a much better job keeping track of inventory than we did!

The website is currently in vacation mode. You can still browse and add to your cart, but the checkout feature will be disabled. Eric is loading up inventory this weekend, so the site should only be down for a handful of days.

We would like to give our absolute deepest gratitude to you all. In a very short time, the people here on Pinside allowed us to transform our hobby into real job that we enjoyed every single day. We will never forget the people who helped make a dream come true.

Thank you,
    Matt and Eve
    (Formally known as Titan Pinball)

#1691 3 years ago

Good luck, guys!

#1692 3 years ago

(This was posted on our sales thread)
    We are extremely pleased to announce the sale of Titan Pinball to Eric and Heather Smith, aka angryjeep on Pinside. After speaking with many interested parties, we believe we have found the perfect fit for our business philosophy. Eric and his wife are excited to bring the same level of passion and customer support that Eve and I always strived to give our customers.
    We've had many discussions about the way we currently do business, and I honestly believe Eric will meet, and exceed, our level of service. They are part of the pinball community and enthusiasts, and I think that enthusiasm will take Titan Pinball to new heights.
    You can expect them to expand the catalog, restock LEDs, and bring in unique products of their own. And, I know they'll do a much better job keeping track of inventory than we did!
    The website is currently in vacation mode. You can still browse and add to your cart, but the checkout feature will be disabled. Eric is loading up inventory this weekend, so the site should only be down for a handful of days.
    We would like to give our absolute deepest gratitude to you all. In a very short time, the people here on Pinside allowed us to transform our hobby into real job that we enjoyed every single day. We will never forget the people who helped make a dream come true.
    Thank you,
    Matt and Eve
    (Formally known as Titan Pinball)

Congratulations.

#1693 3 years ago

Thank you both for bringing such a great product to the masses!! On a side note....... Has anyone here amassed a large quantity of extra Titans that they don't plan to use?? I have and was wondering, maybe we should start a separate rubber ring trading thread of some sort? lol I'd really like to replace what I have with something that I need and get them to someone who could use them.

#1694 3 years ago

Here's a post ring that hasn't been cleaned in many months. A few wipes with Novus 1 later... try doing THAT with rubber!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1695 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Here's a post ring that hasn't been cleaned in many months. A few wipes with Novus 1 later... try doing THAT with rubber!

Is that supposed to be white? It looks like a faded yellow..!

#1696 3 years ago

Smoky location. Cleans up great in bleach solution.

#1697 3 years ago

Clearcoated Buck Rogers almost buttoned up for Pintastic.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1698 3 years ago

That Buck Rogers looks amazing! Especially the clearcoat.

#1699 3 years ago

**edited to include black and red thin flipper**

New sizes are ready to ship!

So here's the breakdown:

Flipper Thin!
    -Less bounce due to *slightly* harder silicone and thinner profile
    -Available in black, red, green, orange, yellow and glow in the dark
    -Off-spec color blue, purple and light blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

7/8" Post
    -Available in black, white, red, yellow and translucent
    -Off-spec color blue available

3/4" Bumper Post
    -These have a nice chamfer on the top edge
    -Off-spec color blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

Stern Slim Post
    -Very hard silicone for a bounce resembling the stock sleeve
    -Off-spec color blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

Tee Post
    -Available in all colors! Black, white, red, green, orange, yellow, translucent, gray, pink and glow in the dark
    -Off-spec color blue, purple and light blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

And finally 2 3/4" ID Rings

Unfortunately, credit card processing is still offline. I have been on the phone with PayPal every day and they assure me they will have an answer by tomorrow. Until then it is still possible to pay with a credit card through PayPal without creating an account. Thanks for your patience. I know a lot of you have been waiting and Heather and I really appreciate your business! We are really enjoying the biz so far!

Capture_(resized).JPG
    Single_2_3-4_(resized).jpg
    Single_3-4_sleeve_(resized).jpg
    Single_7-8_Post_Sleeve_(resized).jpg
    Single_Stern_Slim_(resized).jpg
    Single_Tee_Post_(resized).jpg

#1700 3 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with the clear silicone rings tearing and crumbling? My slings are tearing prematurely like several other members. Now I put on some smaller clear rings and they are immediately breaking down and leaving crumbles on the playfield. Is this common with the clear? Not happy about this as changing some of these is a real PITA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Boards
    PinSound Plus Out of stock
    PinSound
    $ 35.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside