4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 58.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I just posted pictures of black hole in blue on page 31. Almost too much blue though. I think orange might be cooler next time to accent the small amount orange of the playfield.

Thanks for posting. It doesn't look bad but you might have a point about too much blue. Especially since I have blue led's in the GI. Orange is an interesting idea! Maybe mix up a few colors even. Hmmm now I'm getting a few ideas. Thank you!

#1602 8 years ago

I know it was mentioned at the start, but did color translucent ever come to be?

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

6 months in I'm seeing some very minor wear on the tip. This game gets played a ton on location, several times a day easily. I think this product has held up fantastic during that time. I have rotated the ring and will see how long it ultimately lasts!

Titan bands are great but they do wear and in some situations just as fast a normal rubber in high impact areas. The flipper bands last longer than standard flipper rubber before wear shows up. When used used on slingshots (2 and 2 1/2) they last a bit longer. The wear on normal rubber in this area looks like tearing/fraying around the posts. With Titan it wears more like an eraser were there is less material around the posts. In high traffic areas like the spike posts on the upper playfield on GOT the Titan rubber doesn't last as long as normal rubber. The mini post bands by Titan reflect the same behavior on say Star Trek where the loop ramp is.

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The mini post bands by Titan reflect the same behavior on say Star Trek where the loop ramp is.

For super high impact posts like that, I prefer Super-Bands. They are more resilient.

#1605 8 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I know it was mentioned at the start, but did color translucent ever come to be?

Been around for a while. They look great on games like WOZ. I have them on my slings and flippers and they take on whatever color the sling rgbs are, really very cool.

#1606 8 years ago

I think he means colorized transparent rings.

#1607 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think he means colorized transparent rings.

Basicly like super bands look like. I'd love them also.

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Basicly like super bands look like. I'd love them also.

Yes this^

#1609 8 years ago

Dammmm thats quick service!...I just placed an order like 2 hours ago and I just got a shipment confirmation... Nice!....I'm sure I forgot something though

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Dammmm thats quick service!...I just placed an order like 2 hours ago and I just got a shipment confirmation... Nice!....I'm sure I forgot something though

Man I always do

#1611 7 years ago

Yep...I did.

I got my order today though. Less than 48 hours. Damm Matt...thanks! I waxed with Blitz one and put on the new silicone. Game looks and plays great. ( I put these same pics on a different thread as well but they apply to both)

IMG_20160401_192146341_(resized).jpgIMG_20160401_192146341_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160401_164727560_(resized).jpgIMG_20160401_164727560_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160401_164712980_(resized).jpgIMG_20160401_164712980_(resized).jpg

#1612 7 years ago

I don't remember if I ever posted this, but here's footage of glow in the dark flipper rings under black lights...

#1613 7 years ago

I'm doing a Medusa in Titans soon and finishing up my Godzilla in black and glow in the darks soon as well.

#1614 7 years ago

I like the post rubber bounce that the Titans offer vs. The dead bounce I was getting with the superbands posts. It gives me a fighting chance to save the ball when used in an outline situation

#1615 7 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I like the post rubber bounce that the Titans offer vs. The dead bounce I was getting with the superbands posts. It gives me a fighting chance to save the ball when used in an outline situation

My experience is the exact opposite. I find the Super-Band mini post rubbers to be much bouncier than the Titans.

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My experience is the exact opposite. I find the Super-Band mini post rubbers to be much bouncier than the Titans.

Yes. Agree.

#1617 7 years ago

Here's the problem I'm having, it almost seems to be hit and miss. I had the same thing happen from transparent silicones from The Pinball Centre and also Titan.
They seem to split along the mould line. Some will last for months and others a matter of days. Machines do seem to be staying cleaner though.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1618 7 years ago

I just installed Titan translucent rings on my WOZ. They look amazing! The color changing GI really shines through!

#1619 7 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Here's the problem I'm having, it almost seems to be hit and miss. I had the same thing happen from transparent silicones from The Pinball Centre and also Titan.
They seem to split along the mould line. Some will last for months and others a matter of days. Machines do seem to be staying cleaner though.

image_(resized).jpeg

I'm having the same issues on some of my machines...how do we make it stop splitting on the slings?

#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm having the same issues on some of my machines...how do we make it stop splitting on the slings?

How much are you stretching the rubbers to put them on? Most slings should use 2-1/2 inch and not 2 inch. A lot of times the manual calls for 2 inch and to me that is wrong even for normal rubbers. In all cases with Titan I try to install them by look and feel and not by what it says in the manual. I move up a size rather than force it on because I have had a couple of tight rubbers split. A normal rubber can handle stretching, but the Titans seem to do a lot better when they are not stretched much at all.

#1621 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How much are you stretching the rubbers to put them on? Most slings should use 2-1/2 inch and not 2 inch. A lot of times the manual calls for 2 inch and to me that is wrong even for normal rubbers. In all cases with Titan I try to install them by look and feel and not by what it says in the manual. I move up a size rather than force it on because I have had a couple of tight rubbers split. A normal rubber can handle stretching, but the Titans seem to do a lot better when they are not stretched much at all.

2.5" on the slings. Except for iron man, one sling is a 2".

#1622 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

In all cases with Titan I try to install them by look and feel and not by what it says in the manual.

Good advice, even for conventional rubber rings.

#1623 7 years ago

Titan blue on aluminum flipper bats with clear on the slingshots.

IMG_20160405_134419411_(resized).jpgIMG_20160405_134419411_(resized).jpg

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just installed Titan translucent rings on my WOZ. They look amazing! The color changing GI really shines through!

Can you post a video or a couple of pics with the different GI colors?

#1625 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Can you post a video or a couple of pics with the different GI colors?

Sure. Here are some pics. They don't do it full justice. I took a decent video, but I have yet to get a YouTube account. I should fix that.

IMG_0686_(resized).JPGIMG_0686_(resized).JPG
IMG_0687_(resized).JPGIMG_0687_(resized).JPG
IMG_0688_(resized).JPGIMG_0688_(resized).JPG
IMG_0689_(resized).JPGIMG_0689_(resized).JPG
IMG_0685_(resized).JPGIMG_0685_(resized).JPG

#1626 7 years ago

As you can see, there is a huge difference over the stock black rings.

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Here are some pics.

I did not see a "WOZ Kit". Did you have to buy them individually based on size?

#1628 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I only bought the two translucent rings for the slings, flipper rings, and one black mini post ring for the center post. The other rings I left as stock. I didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping everything out at this time, and I really only wanted the look that the clear rings gave to the slings. The Titan ring for the center post seems to have a bit more bounce than the standard rubber ring that came with it. I have yet to swap out the flipper rings. That will be this weekend.

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/130

LTG : )

#1630 7 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have yet to swap out the flipper rings. That will be this weekend.

Let me know how that goes with the ruby slippers flipper toppers (that sounds pretty funny ... whatever they are called). One of my slippers broke and had to super glue it back on and back together. It has held up for about 8 months, but may still replace it (or the pair) when I go to change the flipper rings. I may stick to a color for the flippers instead of clear since no real GI is near by.

#1631 7 years ago

Thanks LTG : )
The pics show some of the white ones, which I never saw before. Do you think that the silicone ones would hold up better for my issue mentioned on the JJP Google Groups with this pic? I'd like to hear your opinion ... not "normal" wear at this location so will silicone hold up better with the "squish" effect against this post.

20160326_190706[1]_(resized).jpg20160326_190706[1]_(resized).jpg

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Let me know how that goes with the ruby slippers flipper toppers (that sounds pretty funny ... whatever they are called). One of my slippers broke and had to super glue it back on and back together. It has held up for about 8 months, but may still replace it (or the pair) when I go to change the flipper rings. I may stick to a color for the flippers instead of clear since no real GI is near by.

My ruby slipper fell off after one day and I super glued it back on. That lasted a week and then the slipper broke in half. JJP is sending me a new flipper bat and slipper. I'm guessing to change the rings, you need to take the bats out because of those slippers. Since I have to anyway, that's how I'll change mine. If I don't have the new bat by this weekend, I'll change the rest of the flippers and wait on the two main ones until I have it. I got black Titans for the main flippers. I pretty much tried to stay to original colors for the flippers. I'm hoping the Titans will look a lot cleaner. The ones that came with the machine already look pretty bad.

#1633 7 years ago

I bought a kit for my flintstones and installed them today. I noticed when the rubbers are stretched to go over a post, they turn white. The stretching makes them turn partially white in the stretched area. So instead of a nice purple rubber you now have a purple and white rubber.

Kind of a bummer for such expensive parts.

#1634 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The new samples have arrived
7/8" post, "Stern" thin post, Tee-post, 3/4 post, and 2 3/4" ring.
I just need to figure out the proper hardness for the posts, and choose the first colors to bring in. I'll probably start with black, white, translucent, yellow, blue, and red.

Titan_Pinball_New_Rings_(resized).jpg

Do you have an approximate eta for the 3/4 posts?

#1635 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Finally the fatter 7/8" post typically used in yellow on Bally/Williams games!

The high color rendering index rating of incandescents really brings out the ring and post color on your game. Looks amazing! What's with the pinball on a stick?

Just noticed this question. I assume you are asking about the pinball on the side rail of my machine? It's a homemade magnet. I use grey epoxy paste to stIck a rare earth magnet onto an old ball. I have a couple of them. They are perfect for holding sheets/blankets on the game when not being played.

#1636 7 years ago

Does Titan make game specific kits?

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I bought a kit for my flintstones and installed them today. I noticed when the rubbers are stretched to go over a post, they turn white. The stretching makes them turn partially white in the stretched area. So instead of a nice purple rubber you now have a purple and white rubber.

Did you get the purple silicone rubber or the purple rubber?

They sell both.

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Does Titan make game specific kits?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

LTG : )

#1639 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Did you get the purple silicone rubber or the purple rubber?
They sell both.

silicone.

I probably won't spend the extra money on titan rubbers again. They don't play a lot differently from what I can tell. If they last 3-4 times longer than regular rubbers, then, they will have equaled the cost of an $18 regular rubber set.

Yeah, it's cool that they make colors. They do get bonus points for the great color availability.

#1640 7 years ago

Got a picture? I've put purple on multiple games and I don't see any white when stretching them out.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just noticed the same splitting on the bottom of my slings after only a few months. Seems like this is normal??

IMAG0035_1_(resized).jpgIMAG0035_1_(resized).jpg

#1642 7 years ago

Mine had minor splitting at the same spot and I just rotated the ring. Has been fine for the past 500 plays or so.

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine had minor splitting at the same spot and I just rotated the ring. Has been fine for the past 500 plays or so.

Thanks for the tip. Did you move the split part around another post or keep it between the posts?

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks for the tip. Did you move the split part around another post or keep it between the posts?

Between. Turned it so it was in the inlane instead.

#1645 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I have experienced this issue multiple times. The trick is that when you put the rings on make sure that the outer mold line is evenly horizontal the entire way around the ring. If the rubber is put on twisted or even slightly twisted the white will appear. When putting the rings on they like to catch on the plastic posts and twist, a small drop of dish soap or saliva etc. will allow the ring to slip directly onto the post as opposed to twisting when put on dry. Yeah sounds weird but I'm tellin ya, it works.

#1646 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have experienced this issue multiple times. The trick is that when you put the rings on make sure that the outer mold line is evenly horizontal the entire way around the ring. If the rubber is put on twisted or even slightly twisted the white will appear. When putting the rings on they like to catch on the plastic posts and twist, a small drop of dish soap or saliva etc. will allow the ring to slip directly onto the post as opposed to twisting when put on dry. Yeah sounds weird but I'm tellin ya, it works.

I put a little Novus 1 on the silicone before putting it on. Prevents twisting and won't attract dirt.

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've put purple on multiple games and I don't see any white when stretching them out.

Exactly.

I have a bad feeling dOn got purple rubber and not Competition Silicone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titans-competition-silicone-rubber-vids-review

736791f4ebeccbfdbf42f1fd719c4e1cf7aade66_(resized).jpg736791f4ebeccbfdbf42f1fd719c4e1cf7aade66_(resized).jpg

#1648 7 years ago

I've seen the silicone ones turn white as I squeeze them over a post, but then they quickly return to their normal color.

#1649 7 years ago

I intentionally overstretched a red ring on the shooter lane of my Pinbot. It "tinted" the ring somewhat milky white, especially at the posts. I expected this though,having stretched out as much as I did. Perhaps we ate just talking about overstretching? None of my other rings have any issues whatsoever. I took care to size them comfortably.

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
I have a bad feeling dOn got purple rubber and not Competition Silicone.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titans-competition-silicone-rubber-vids-review

736791f4ebeccbfdbf42f1fd719c4e1cf7aade66_(resized).jpg

I ordered the titan competition ring set. It was about $51 as I remember. They sure feel like silicone. I only noticed the white stretching issue on the many small star post rings. Maybe they substituted some rubber rings due to a shortage? Who knows.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.