4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 53.
    #1551 3 years ago

glad to see the 2 3/4"! I think those are perfect for Iron Man

#1552 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Matt, do you have plans to order more of the thin flipper rings? I really love the samples!

I've been wondering about them. How is the play compared to the regular Titans, Superbands and plain rubber?

#1553 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I've been wondering about them. How is the play compared to the regular Titans, Superbands and plain rubber?

They are right in-between traditional red and black, IMO. Definitely less bounce than Titan or trad red rubbers. I prefer them on some of my games.

#1554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Matt, do you have plans to order more of the thin flipper rings? I really love the samples!

It is definitely the plan. I have received a lot of positive feedback (as well as some negative) on how they play. I am waiting to hear back on the longevity of the rings before I put them in inventory.

#1555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

It is definitely the plan. I have received a lot of positive feedback (as well as some negative) on how they play. I am waiting to hear back on the longevity of the rings before I put them in inventory.

holding up well on route so far from the ones you sent me.

#1556 3 years ago

No sign of wear at all on the ones I took to Expo. I estimate 500 - 600 plays.

#1557 3 years ago

I don't see any issues with mine. I'll have to get a closer look for wear at the tips.

#1558 3 years ago

Thanks, I ask because I tried to put the proper size super bands on the slingshotS of my tfle and they literally bent the supports over. I also worry about when the plunger pushes the sling out could that be to much tension fo mech and lead to malfunction because there's no give or stretchyness. Got any opinions on this vid? Also you need to make vids guide to music attenuation for these new sterns so people know - is a good thing and where the sweet spot is between speech and music.

#1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Thanks, I ask because I tried to put the proper size super bands on the slingshotS of my tfle and they literally bent the supports over. I also worry about when the plunger pushes the sling out could that be to much tension fo mech and lead to malfunction because there's no give or stretchyness. Got any opinions on this vid? Also you need to make vids guide to music attenuation for these new sterns so people know - is a good thing and where the sweet spot is between speech and music.

Crash had mentioned this earlier in this thread. Sounds like you may want to go up a size.

Quoted from Crash:

I have to disagree. From my experience the manuals are a bad source of accurate information. For example, many list slingshot rings as having 2" rubbers. That's just crazy tight, and they won't last long. I have always used 2-1/2" rings and had a good fit with no splitting issues. Also, I have noticed that posts and ring configurations change between the time a manual was printed and the final playfield build.
    I have a question regarding price. I think the flipper rings, at least on the surface, offer a better value than Super Bands strictly on price (and like you said, similar material properties). However, looking at your original rings vs. these new competition ones... what all has changed to explain the price gap? IE, 2-1/2" rings being $0.56, and the competition ones being almost a dollar more. I understand it's a new product of course, but if I'm going to convert all the route games we run to these Titan rings what would be the big benefit of added cost reliability wise? I'm not trying to nitpick, but a ~3x price increase is pretty significant when buying lots of these things for a route setting.
    I was going to hold out for the Super Bands full ring sets but looking at your attractive prices I just have a feeling they are going to be much more expensive.

#1560 3 years ago

I am trying to decide what color to do my Lotr in, anyway have any pix or suggestions?

#1561 3 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I also worry about when the plunger pushes the sling out could that be to much tension fo mech and lead to malfunction because there's no give or stretchyness. Got any opinions on this vid?

Maybe not physical malfunction, but if a band is too tight, the sling will not drive the ball as far as it was designed to.

And of course, if the band is too loose, it can cause double firing on the slings.

-

If you change to a new style of rubber, or size of band; it's a good idea to test the slings with a ball a few times before putting the glass back on. The switches may need adjusting.

#1562 3 years ago

just ordered a nice amount for my metallica ! unfortunately i forgot to add a shooter tip .

#1563 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

just ordered a nice amount for my metallica ! unfortunately i forgot to add a shooter tip .

what?!? you didn't order the set that I had already created in transparent?

#1564 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

I put orange on my met and think it looks amazing.

#1565 3 years ago

6 months in I'm seeing some very minor wear on the tip. This game gets played a ton on location, several times a day easily. I think this product has held up fantastic during that time. I have rotated the ring and will see how long it ultimately lasts!

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

#1566 3 years ago

Any volume discounts? I'm looking at 10 pins worth. Full & half sized sleeves also.

Thanks in advance. Lee

#1567 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Any volume discounts? I'm looking at 10 pins worth. Full & half sized sleeves also.
    Thanks in advance. Lee

Yes what he said. I'd do all mine.

#1568 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

what?!? you didn't order the set that I had already created in transparent?

I used it as a reference ,but I ordered a few different colors for my flippers , and some clear and coloured rings . Pretty much a big variety pack .

#1569 3 years ago

Well, don't forget to use the Titan10 code at checkout for 10% off. When you start to figure the cost of cleaning and how soon you'd replace regular rubbers (and wipe up all their mess several times) the cost of Titans looks better. Besides, the difference in looks is enough to warrant buying them. I'd contact Matt directly through his site to ask about bigger orders though. He's very helpful.

#1570 3 years ago

Just got this Bow & Arrow working after a long and idle life of not running. Titan rubbers and comet LEDs happened to get in there along its path to recovery. Head to The Sanctum next week to join the lineup. Just need those t posts now

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1571 3 years ago

Damn I've placed three orders recently and never knew of a code for 10% off. Ah well

#1572 3 years ago

Would like to try some of the thin flipper rings to see if they eliminate the "hop" on some 80's Bally machines.

#1573 3 years ago

I put Titans on my Space Odyssey and I love them. I took the game to TPF this last weekend and had no issues. The game got quite a bit of play and the rings look brand new. I am a believer and Titan from here forward!

#1574 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Would like to try some of the thin flipper rings to see if they eliminate the "hop" on some 80's Bally machines.

Check with Cliffy as he's got better return frames for those games that help eliminate hop. Thin rings help as well. I've actually got both on my Flash Gordon right now.

#1575 3 years ago

Never knew there was a 10 percent off code, so thanks. Will definitely use next time. Just got my most recent order today.

#1576 3 years ago

Im experimenting with some colors. Any thoughts on this light green on the MET pro slingshots.

IMG_20160321_173912633_(resized).jpg

#1577 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Im experimenting with some colors. Any thoughts on this light green on the MET pro slingshots.

Looks great.

#1578 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

That's likely a wire ball guide that's set too high. Tap it a bit down into the playfield until it sits at the height of the center of the ball.

#1579 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

I just replied to your email.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Would like to try some of the thin flipper rings to see if they eliminate the "hop" on some 80's Bally machines

Can you send me a PM with your name and address? I have a couple of sets left.

Quoted from MMP:

Never knew there was a 10 percent off code, so thanks. Will definitely use next time. Just got my most recent order today.

TITAN10...never expires

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just need those t posts now

I am placing the order today! It will take a few weeks to arrive. I do have 5 each of white, black, and translucent from the prototype order if anyone needs them (NO Shimoda! I already sent yours! )

#1580 3 years ago

I just replied to your email.

Thanks for the fast response. You have mail.

#1581 3 years ago

Great customer service Matt.

Thanks for the purple post caps

#1582 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Orange looks awesome, was suggested to me went with it couldnt be happier

#1583 3 years ago

Thank you to Matt @ Titan for all your help. I'll be placing an order shortly. Great customer service.

#1584 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Thank you to Matt @ Titan for all your help. I'll be placing an order shortly. Great customer service.

You putting some on LW3?

#1585 3 years ago

That's already done. I took off the superbands.

#1586 3 years ago

Just got to play a few machines at a friend's house. Mixed review.

+ The orange on SoF looked amazing against the light blue playfield. Proper use of contrast.

- The Flippers wouldn't 'dead bounce pass', which caused me to turn off a few machines and walk away. If you take that move away from me in pinball, I'm done.

I'm not sure if that action is color-sensitive or if it's across the board on all Titans, (or alien intervention) but it was on two machines for me, and that was enough of an "experiment" for my tastes.

If I were going to use these kits in the future, I'd simply use traditional rubber for the flippers, and Titan for the colors around the PF. There's no question that the colors and use of translucents to emit more light are a BIG plus around the PF. If they are easier to wipe down and clean than traditional whites, than that would be an even bigger plus.

-mof

#1587 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

- The Flippers wouldn't 'dead bounce pass', which caused me to turn off a few machines and walk away. If you take that move away from me in pinball, I'm done.

This is very surprising as I have tried every color of flipper rings that Titan offers in the competition silicone and dead bouncing is exactly the same as regular rubber, if not more bouncy. I have had orange on one of my games for a long time and dead bounce constantly on that game. I am a player first and foremost, and if these didn't dead bounce, I would've tossed them after the first game. Makes me wonder why you couldn't on the game you played. very weird.

#1588 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is very surprising as I have tried every color of flipper rings that Titan offers in the competition silicone and dead bouncing is exactly the same as regular rubber, if not more bouncy. I have had orange on one of my games for a long time and dead bounce constantly on that game. I am a player first and foremost, and if these didn't dead bounce, I would've tossed them after the first game. Makes me wonder why you couldn't on the game you played. very weird.

Ok good to know.
    -mof

#1589 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Makes me wonder

Makes me wonder if he want playing Superbands and thought they were Titans? Titans always flipper pass. My problem with Titans on flippers is that they are stickier and thus more effected by spin on the ball. This cuts down on accuracy. I love Titans everywhere else but may soon switch back to plain rubber on flippers only.

#1590 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Just got to play a few machines at a friend's house. Mixed review.
    + The orange on SoF looked amazing against the light blue playfield. Proper use of contrast.
    I'm not sure if that action is color-sensitive or if it's across the board on all Titans, (or alien intervention) but it was on two machines for me, and that was enough of an "experiment" for my tastes.
    If I were going to use these kits in the future, I'd simply use traditional rubber for the flippers, and Titan for the colors around the PF. There's no question that the colors and use of translucents to emit more light are a BIG plus around the PF. If they are easier to wipe down and clean than traditional whites, than that would be an even bigger plus.
    -mof

I have tried several color Titan silicone flippers and they bounce as much or more that the standard red rings. I wonder if your friend had super bands or some equivalent on there. For a couple of my games the Titan flippers are too bouncy. That's why I'm pestering them to carry the thin rings.

#1591 3 years ago

I have Superband flipper rubber on 8/9 of my pins. I have no issues installing or with any flipper tricks including drop stops.
    I love the look of the clear/translucent rings, but hated the ones from PBL. Thus I'm all in with Matt & Titan.

#1592 3 years ago

It would be awesome if you could put together a big tub of bands like pinball life's tub. Then you could pick any color flipper rubber with it. I'd probably buy a tube of almost every color. I have been holding off because I want enough to try different colors on 6 pins and there is no easy way to do that on your site from what I can see.

#1593 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

My problem with Titans on flippers is that they are stickier and thus more effected by spin on the ball.

I was wondering if Phoebe had Titans on her Congo and Metallica at LAX. There was a crazy amount of spin on some of those balls.

#1594 3 years ago

Whoops he actually does have a 100 peice bulk set. How did I miss that? Cool

#1595 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was wondering if Phoebe had Titans on her Congo and Metallica at LAX. There was a crazy amount of spin on some of those balls.

If I remember correctly she likes to put superbands on all her games.

#1596 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Makes me wonder if he want playing Superbands and thought they were Titans? Titans always flipper pass. My problem with Titans on flippers is that they are stickier and thus more effected by spin on the ball. This cuts down on accuracy. I love Titans everywhere else but may soon switch back to plain rubber on flippers only.

PM sent.

#1597 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I have all Super-Bands on my games, and Metallica actually has all Super-Rings, Bands and Posts on it. (sorry some of the posts are Cliffy's!) I don't have Titans on any of my games, they seem fine, I played Erik's GOT at LAX. It played fine with Titans Flipper bands. I was able to dead bounce, post pass and everything else I normally do...but I can also do the same things on my games with Super-Bands. Some of my older games with Super-Bands don't dead bounce or post pass, but then they never did that with regular rubber either. I think there are alot of other factors that come into play on each game as far as dead bounces and post passes and other game play related moves. I think it has more to do with the actual machine than it does what type of "rubber" (I know some are not actually rubber) the pin has on it. I know with Super-Bands when they are clean, they can be really fast and sometimes hard to control but a playfield freshly cleaned is just as evil, so add them both together and it makes for a really fast hard game! That being said, I always clean my playfields and Super-Bands before I take them to a show, so I'm sure that for the first few games before they get a bit of dirt on them they are grippier and put some mean spin on the ball. Once they have a few games on them they play just fine.

I hear all this "stuff" about how this flipper rubber doesn't play right and that one feels like it's too easy or cheating, and you can't dead bounce or post pass with this one...I (don't consider myself a great player) have played many different types of flipper bands, and they all have their differences. Any player can and should be able to adjust to whatever is on the game. I have had Super-Bands on my games form the beginning (had prototypes on MET before they were released actually put them on right out of the box) My Metallica has had these same bands on it for probably 6 or 7 shows and probably 7 to 8 thousand games and they still look fine and clean up easy with no signs of wear.

I haven't tried any Titans, I might at some point in the future as they have some cool color choices, and I never planned on coming on their thread to talk about Super-Bands as I think that is kinda rude...but anyway, someone mentioned me and asked what I had on my games so I wanted to answer. I was waiting to see how they hold up as I have no issues with what I have. I tested Super-Bands on a couple games for awhile before I converted all my games to them.

Phoebe

#1598 3 years ago

Anybody got pics of colored rings on black hole? I'm thinking of switching mine out for blue or black or clear... Just wanted to see some examples!

#1599 3 years ago

I just posted pictures of black hole in blue on page 31. Almost too much blue though. I think orange might be cooler next time to accent the small amount orange of the playfield.

#1600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Anybody got pics of colored rings on black hole? I'm thinking of switching mine out for blue or black or clear... Just wanted to see some examples!

Saw this the other day. There may be more buried in this thread!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/28#post-2914593

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 249.00
    $ 209.99
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 224.99
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 75.00
    There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside