4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 53.
    #101 4 years ago

How do I see my shipping status? I got both order confirmations but no tracking info?

#102 4 years ago

I got a tracking number in the confirmation email.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do I see my shipping status? I got both order confirmations but no tracking info?

Not sure. You should have received it. I'll PM it.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from JBBOPT:

Was really hoping to get clear silicone or rubber rings for my STTNG but it requires 3 1/2 inch for the slingshots

Don't fret The 3 1/2 will probably be our next mold size (along with Stern posts).

#105 4 years ago

I

Quoted from winteriscoming:JP calls for 2 3/4", but I went with 2 1/2" and it stretched out just fine and isn't too tight. I know mine was just a 1/4" difference, but maybe 3" would work for you?

I think the manual calls for a 4 but people commonly use 3 1/2 on STTNG, I don't think a 3 would work...

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from JBBOPT:

I don't think a 3 would work...

I think that would be..*ahem*...stretching it.

#107 4 years ago

Will be placing an oredr tonight for my HUO TOM; probably going to try the clear ones

#108 4 years ago

A good test for these rings will be the WOZ upper lanes slingshot rubber where many people have had the ring break including me. I ordered a few and will be trying one there first.

#109 4 years ago

There is a ring on Frankenstein that gets a lot of abrasion at the ice cave post where the ball comes fast out of the bumpers. I was replacing some lamps and happened to notice it. Glad I did as this will be a good durability test area for the silicone rings.

I'm also contemplating replacing slingshots on one or two games with a Competition ring on one side and a standard Pinball Life rubber on the other. Then I will compare them after a few months, replace the rubber ring, and then compare the old silicone to the new one.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Will be placing an oredr tonight for my HUO TOM; probably going to try the clear ones

Is it matter if its huo or a non huo tom pretty sure they use the same rubbers? I kid d

#111 4 years ago

Freight costs are very reasonable & they get them out the door quickly!

#112 4 years ago

Ordered! Put together a CV set to the best of my ability, I hope the manual is accurate on this one. Grabbed a bunch of extra fastener hardware too.

#113 4 years ago

Old rubber.

image.jpg image-610.jpg
    #114 4 years ago

Well crap, package was delayed by the weather... no notice from tracking of course. Was looking forward to trying them.

#115 4 years ago

We had some major SQL crash issues today. Everything seems to be back up and running. Please let me know if anyone has an issue with the site. Thanks!

#116 4 years ago

Got my flipper rubber in yesterday. I like them so far. They sort of seem in between regular rubber and SuperBands (but probably closer to rubber) to me (as far as grip and bounce). More bounce than Super but a little less than rubber, less grip than Super. That's just my initial impression anyway.

I'll say one thing......they are WAY easier to put on!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Got my flipper rubber in yesterday. I like them so far. They sort of seem in between regular rubber and SuperBands (but probably closer to rubber) to me (as far as grip and bounce). More bounce than Super but a little less than rubber, less grip than Super. That's just my initial impression anyway.

Sounds like a great product if more reviews come in like this... looks like I stocked up on rubber at the wrong time

#118 4 years ago

I have clear on order. I'm interested in seeing if they turn white when stretched like the translucent rings on other websites. I'll report back

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

What did you put them on and what color? I'm thinking about getting them for my Star Trek Pro (I know you have one too) when I eventually do a full shop job.

#120 4 years ago

I just replaced the slings and the flipper rubber on my EBDLE. Great rubbers. I put black on the flippers and blue on the slings. Looks great and plays better. I will be buying many more of these. Thanks again Titan!

#121 4 years ago

Pictures people. We want to see how these things look on the games. I am very curious how colors would look in slings and various other areas. I originally figures colors would look gaudy, but with the few I have seen its looking a lot better than I thought they would.

#122 4 years ago

Quick ship on the assortment that I ordered just to see what these look like. Initial impression is great

#123 4 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

What did you put them on and what color? I'm thinking about getting them for my Star Trek Pro (I know you have one too) when I eventually do a full shop job.

I bought two red sets for my IMVE and HSII....just to try them. I think I will be ordering sets for the rest......probably blue for ST Pro.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I bought a two red sets for my IMVE and HSII....just to try them. I think I will be ordering sets for the rest......probably blue for ST Pro.

Would love to see pictures and hear a report when you do.

#126 4 years ago

I swapped a Tron sling with a Titan clear and left the Pinballcenter clear on the other for comparison. So far the Titans look slightly clearer and a little more flexible, although I can't say if that's due to age or use.

Also I love the clear shooter tips! The light leaking from LED flipper buttons makes the tip glow a little. I think I'm going to add a spotlight just to make it pop! Thanks a bunch!

#127 4 years ago

I'll have to wait until I get the game set back up at home before thoroughly inspecting wear and telling the final play number, but the rings in my JP held up over the weekend at the Louisville Arcade Expo.

I checked audits this morning before the expo opened today it was at 443 plays and the dirt on the rubber was not bad at all. Here are pics from that time.

IMG_20150308_095643.jpg
    IMG_20150308_095652.jpg
    IMG_20150308_095700.jpg

I wish I had gotten a flipper pic, since I've only had black rubbers in this game prior to this and wouldn't have noticed dirt on the black.

At any rate, rather than keeping it dirty through today, I decided to give them a quick cleaning. They wiped off really easily. I sprayed a dab of Simple Green on a rag and they all cleaned up in a couple wipes.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I swapped a Tron sling with a Titan clear and left the Pinballcenter clear on the other for comparison. So far the Titans look slightly clearer and a little more flexible, although I can't say if that's due to age or use.
    Also I love the clear shooter tips! The light leaking from LED flipper buttons makes the tip glow a little. I think I'm going to add a spotlight just to make it pop! Thanks a bunch!

Any pics of the two on the game to compare?

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Any pics of the two on the game to compare?

Photography skills lacking but here you go! Right side is the Titan sling and GI bulbs are the same whites

IMG_4044.JPG IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4045.JPG
    #130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Quick update on this; I think they dead bounce MUCH better than SuperBands. On SuperBands you could get a drain instead of a normal dead bounce from one flipper to the other....these act a lot like regular rubber in that sense. Definitely ordering more flipper bands and probably some colored slings for all my pins.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Photography skills lacking but here you go! Right side is the Titan sling and GI bulbs are the same whites

Thanks for the pics! Looks like maybe just a slight difference between them.

#132 4 years ago

Do the flipper rubbers work on mini flippers like Thing on Addams Family and Simpsons Pinball Party upper playfield? Or is this something that will be coming?

#133 4 years ago

image.jpg

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from bganzer:

Do the flipper rubbers work on mini flippers like Thing on Addams Family and Simpsons Pinball Party upper playfield? Or is this something that will be coming?

I'd contact Titan Pinball directly. Mini flippers use a smaller sized rubber than standard flippers, and Titan doesn't appear to offer anything described as a "mini flipper rubber" on their web store at this point. That said they've been open to making new sizes that people have requested, so shoot them an email!

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from bganzer:

Quoted from fosaisu:

Mini flippers use a smaller sized rubber than standard flippers

Indeed. We don't carry them yet, but they are on the short list to have a new mold made. We will probably ask everyone what the next rubber should be. (Stern Post, 3 1/2, small flipper, etc.)

#136 4 years ago

Sucks that there is no mini flipper rubber. My next redo is TZ. Guess I will have to use Super Bands.

#137 4 years ago

Just ordered a colored kit for my CCC. Been waiting to have more options than black or white. Thanks Titan!

#138 4 years ago

JP ended up with 586 total plays over the weekend at the Louisville Arcade Expo. The Titan Competion Silicone Rings are still in-tact. I just got the game set back up at home and don't have the energy for a close inspection at this time, but will post back with pics when I get back to it.

#139 4 years ago

Some new rings on my World Cup Soccer.
    It's out in the wild and earning me money :^)

WCSwithTPrings1.PNG

WCSwithTPrings2.PNG

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Don't fret The 3 1/2 will probably be our next mold size (along with Stern posts).

Thank you!
    Will be placing an order of (boring) white silicone rings for my High hand & Top card projects once the 3-1/2" rings are available. How about the brown rebound rubber on Gottlieb EM's?

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

How about the brown rebound rubber on Gottlieb EM's?

Interesting. I hadn't thought of those. I suppose if there is enough interest, I don't see why not.

I will be ordering the next 2 molds this week. One will be the 3 1/2, the other will be either small Stern/Data East post or small flipper rubber.

Does anyone have an opinion for the second mold?

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Interesting. I hadn't thought of those. I suppose if there is enough interest, I don't see why not.
    I will be ordering the next 2 molds this week. One will be the 3 1/2, the other will be either small Stern/Data East post or small flipper rubber.
    Does anyone have an opinion for the second mold?

Hmm... I'd like to see the small Stern/Data East posts, but now that I've swapped them for star posts, I could see myself doing that on most of my games that have them... Not sure how prevalent they are on SST, which I also have, but it definitely has a small flipper.

Of course, I'm just selfish and want to have compatible rubbers for all MY games, so submitted for your consideration is the thinner Gottlieb flipper rubber (for my Super Mario Bros.).

#143 4 years ago

rebound rubbers are 1.75 from PBR for the brown ones... with how big they are, what would they cost for Titan to make their margin? 30 bucks? Nah...

#144 4 years ago

Ok, we have 2 Addams Family's on location. And as you know they get played by the public more than any other game. So I swapped the left slingshot with a Competition ring and the right one with new rubber. The first game is at our main location (a laundromat) and it will get much more play than the one at the other location. I plan on doing the second one soon.

image.jpg
    image-115.jpg

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Ok, we have 2 Addams Family's on location. And as you know they get played by the public more than any other game. So I swapped the left slingshot with a Competition ring and the right one with new rubber. The first game is at our main location (a laundromat) and it will get much more play than the one at the other location. I plan on doing the second one soon.

I just love the fact that a 23 year old game is still out there earning.

#146 4 years ago

I want both mini flipper and stern post but I would choose flipper first

#148 4 years ago

I also vote for mini flipper and 3-1/2" rings.

#149 4 years ago

Ah SOB!!! I just spent $300 swapping all my games over to clear rubbers. I'll have to try some of these out to see if it's worth swapping some over again. Those larger ones turned white when stretched so those may be the first ones to try out.

Any chances you will be making these too? The ones that go at the end of a ramp.
    545-5428-00.jpg

#150 4 years ago

Installed a few in Addams #2. Want to see how they hold up before I do some more. I love how glossy and bright they are!

image.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 149.00
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside