4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 53.
    #1351 3 years ago

Working on the black hole with light blue. I'll post more pictures when it's done.

20160107_202120_(resized).jpg

#1352 3 years ago

Waiting on a shipment of a lot of colors from titan. I'll be doing walking dead in red. Black hole in light blue. Addams family in Orange. And whirlwind in light blue. Pics to come in the following weeks.

#1353 3 years ago

Post the other BH in the BH owers club topic/thread please!

#1354 3 years ago

Any idea when 7/16 white will be back in stock? Need to place an order as asap and I need some. Thanks.

#1355 3 years ago

I'm really hoping someone will make a kit for GoT pre. I want to, but figured it would be best to get the machine before picking colours out.

#1356 3 years ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

Any idea when 7/16 white will be back in stock? Need to place an order as asap and I need some. Thanks.

I found a bag I had been missing, so they are back in stock today. Sorry about that

The other out-of-stock items will be in soon. I had hoped they would be here when I returned, but my shipping company changed the method of payment on me, and I couldn't do it from over seas. They are supposed to be in the air later today. Fingers crossed!

#1357 3 years ago

I had a 2 1/2" translucent break on a slongshot in a stern Star Trek in about 2 weeks. A few hundred plays. Anyone else have this problem or how are everybody's lasting? Just ordered enough rings for 4 games all going on location and I had a few on as slings to test.

#1358 3 years ago

I have had a few slings on location breaking after a short amount of time. It seems to be worse on some games where players post pass alot. The weak break point always seems to be at the sharpest point of a turn/ around a post.

#1359 3 years ago

How about on all other locations on the game. How do they hold up everywhere else

#1360 3 years ago

rarely do I get an issue anywhere but slings and I think even with slings it is within acceptable limits. Rings are a replaceable part that I expect to break at some point.

Slings are also quick and easy to change out so no issue

#1361 3 years ago

I'm far away from my games on location and would like them to last at least a month though. Although my games get about 500+ plays per month but regular rubbers lasted 4-5 months easy. Maybe I'll just to have to keep rubber slings if silicones can't hold up.

#1362 3 years ago

it is hit or miss.

I have some games with silicone that have been no problems for over a year on route.

#1363 3 years ago

^^^^ that's what I like to hear

#1364 3 years ago

The only issue I've had was a minor split at a tight post bend. I rotated it and it's still holding up. Had no issues with slings at all, and I'm saying that for a dozen location games.

#1365 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The only issue I've had was a minor split at a tight post bend. I rotated it and it's still holding up. Had no issues with slings at all, and I'm saying that for a dozen location games.

How long have you been using them on those games?

#1367 3 years ago

Ordered the kit for my Rollergames shop job. Look forward to trying them out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/daves-rollergames-project-shop-restore

#1368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I found a bag I had been missing, so they are back in stock today. Sorry about that
    The other out-of-stock items will be in soon. I had hoped they would be here when I returned, but my shipping company changed the method of payment on me, and I couldn't do it from over seas. They are supposed to be in the air later today. Fingers crossed!

How is the restock going? I am hung up without the white 5/16 ID rings.

#1369 3 years ago

Also not showing standard flipper in red....is that right?

#1370 3 years ago

What is the status of new sizes? I have games specifying 2 3/4" and 1 3/4" sizes.

In the mean time it appears to be better to go up a size than down. 2.5" bands fit fine on 2" slings, and for 2 3/4" slings I'll go with 3" rather than 2.5"

#1371 3 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Also not showing standard flipper in red....is that right?

I received an order the other day and there was note from Matt that the red flipper bands I had ordered were out of stock.

#1372 3 years ago

The red flipper rings (as well as the rest of the restock order) are currently waiting in customs. Hopefully, they won't sit on them as long as they did last time.

There were some issues with the 3D modeling for the new molds, which put us behind schedule quite a bit (completely my fault). The new molds are nearing completion and will be on order as soon as possible.

The next set will include: 2 3/4 ID, Stern slim post, Tee-Post, 7/8 Post (a little thicker than standard), and 3/4 x 5/8 post (short, thick post).

There is not as much demand for the 1 3/4, so I'm putting it with the next set which will include a few more odd pieces such as ramp ends.

I'm not 100% sure we can bring in everything in all colors. We recently renegotiated a deal to improve the overall quality. We throw about 10% of our rings into the "second hand" pile due to small defects or color inconsistencies. This deal should take care of that, but our price goes up, as well as the minimum order quantity per size/color. This means that some of the more obscure parts (like Tee-posts and ramp ends) will start with several basic colors, then expand. This will help keep the prices lower.

If you have had any breakages and need replacements, please send me a PM and I'll get them out ASAP.
    I have noticed that our first run of translucent slingshot sizes have had a few issues. They seem to be softer than the color rings. The follow up order was done in a higher Shore rating, and they seem to be holding up better. Also, I strongly suggest that you use 2 1/2 for slingshots (especially on Sterns).

Thanks again for all of the wonderful support!
    -Matt

#1373 3 years ago

If you have had any breakages and need replacements, please send me a PM and I'll get them out ASAP.

I had just enough store credit to replace a couple
    No worries! Thanks for the service and products, Matt!

#1374 3 years ago

Also, I strongly suggest that you use 2 1/2 for slingshots (especially on Sterns).
    -Matt

So for IMVE ( which calls for (1x) 2" and (1x) 2 1/2" on the slings) would you recommend 2 1/2 " for both? Thanks...mark

#1375 3 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

So for IMVE ( which calls for (1x) 2" and (1x) 2 1/2" on the slings) would you recommend 2 1/2 " for both? Thanks...mark

I personally would. I have had one person tell me the 2" on IM was tight and started to show wear.

#1376 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I broke my first silicone ring today.
    The game has been in the garage since this summer and just recently has seen a ton of plays. Does rapid temp change have any effect on silicone? I know it's not good for the rest of the game by the way

12091_(resized).jpeg

Temperature/moisture/lack of moisture all effect all types of rings.

#1377 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Addams Family flippers in red on location.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pro Tip: Get a real cheap knock off dremel tool (like harbor freight)
    and with the cone shaped bit lightly file off the old rubber left on flipper bats
    prior to any new ring install. It cleans off quickly and looks good instantly.

#1378 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Pro Tip: Get a real cheap knock off dremel tool (like harbor freight)
    and with the cone shaped bit lightly file off the old rubber left on flipper bats
    prior to any new ring install. It cleans off quickly and looks good instantly.

This can also be cleaned off entirely non abrasively with simple green and 5 minutes of scrubbing.

#1379 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This can also be cleaned off entirely non abrasively with simple green and 5 minutes of scrubbing.

Or 2 minutes with Goo Gone.

#1380 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Or 90 seconds in the ultrasonicator.

#1381 3 years ago

I personally would. I have had one person tell me the 2" on IM was tight and started to show wear.

Got it....Ill wait til the red flipper rubber back n stock and complete the order....thanks...

#1382 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Or 90 seconds in the ultrasonicator.

Or instantly by installing a new $4 bat since the old one is probably broken internally anyway. Thing Flip accuracy goes way up after replacing a limp old bat.

#1383 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

... replacing a limp old bat.

#1384 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

"entirely" = an absolute stretch of the truth when you're doing this on older games that have been heavy routed (like most 90s games)
    and the rubber has solidified on the bat.

Also, yes, you can buy new flipper bats, but why do so when not required?

#1385 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Debatable

But yeah,
    I'd loooove to see a video of simple green or goo gone "entirely" removing rubber from a bat
    on a game that is 20 years old and routed.

#1386 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Debatable
    But yeah,
    I'd loooove to see a video of simple green or goo gone "entirely" removing rubber from a bat

Results will vary.

tough stuff I let soak and then scrub it off.

I most of the time just replace a 20 year old bat and also rebuild the entire flipper.

#1387 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

99% of the time they are broken if you look underneath and twist them. I never, ever clean flipper bats on a modern game.

IMG_4209_(resized).JPG

#1388 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I agree. No sense in buying parts to replace perfectly good ones.

#1389 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Debatable

If I can't get it off with a rag, simple green and a finger nail, it's usually time for a replacement (faded/brittle plastic is common in that case). As such I never get to the sandpaper/dremel method.

#1390 3 years ago

A tad over a month ago myself and someone else asked about these. Are there any updates? My machine is unplayable without them.

5/8 inch high rubber bumper 3/4 inch outer diameter with 3/16 inch center hole

975e676a5502e6a0a7387b7acbcb96444ec671b4_(resized).jpg

#1391 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

A tad over a month ago myself and someone else asked about these. Are there any updates? My machine is unplayable without them.

975e676a5502e6a0a7387b7acbcb96444ec671b4_(resized).jpg

Those are the ones you put on a tournament game to make an easily exploited shot a lot tougher!

#1392 3 years ago

Just received another ring shipment from Titan. Everything about the transaction was excellent. Unfortunately I will not have any time to put the new rubber on the machine, but when I have the time I'm sure that it will look great and play well. The customer service and communication from what I have experienced so far has been top notch. Plan on doing all my machines with their product.

#1393 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I messed up the CAD for these and had to start over with new molds. Everything looks good now, and as soon as my manufacturer gets back from vacation (a few weeks) we will begin production. Because of the new minimum ordering requirement we have, we will probably begin with the core colors (black, white, red, yellow, maybe blue) and expand on those as demand dictates.

#1394 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Those are the ones you put on a tournament game to make an easily exploited shot a lot tougher!

That's what I did on Police Force and its center ramp. Problem pretty much solved.

#1395 3 years ago

I messed up the CAD for these and had to start over with new molds. Everything looks good now, and as soon as my manufacturer gets back from vacation (a few weeks) we will begin production. Because of the new minimum ordering requirement we have, we will probably begin with the core colors (black, white, red, yellow, maybe blue) and expand on those as demand dictates.

Please include red and blue for us Space Shuttle owners who do not want to go with the stock yellow!

#1396 3 years ago

Yes!!! Thank you Thank you!!! Core colors are fine by me, much better than nothing.

#1397 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Please include red and blue for us Space Shuttle owners who do not want to go with the stock yellow!

Space Shuttle is exactly why I asked for an update on these. I agree on the yellow, it just doesn't go with the existing PF colors at all. I can't wait to color coordinate my machine with Titans

#1398 3 years ago

Good news! The restock order arrived early

Everything is back in stock. If you're not seeing something in stock, please let me know (it just means I missed adding it back to inventory).

I'll be sending out back-order rings ASAP.

I hadn't thought about Space Shuttle. I'll make sure to get blue.

#1399 3 years ago

Thank you!

#1400 3 years ago

Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 18.95
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 65.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 157.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 234.99
    There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside