4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,627 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by trk12fire
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2627 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 53.
    #1301 3 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

What's the discount code?

TITAN10.

#1302 3 years ago

Awesome, I order the wrong stuff and didn't use a code for the stuff I did use.

#1303 3 years ago

Matt, Is there any chance that we could see this in the future? I'd like it in silicone for my Space Shuttle

5/8 inch high rubber bumper 3/4 inch outer diameter with 3/16 inch center hole
    detail.jpg

#1304 3 years ago

definitely want to see those 5/8" x 3/4" (3/16" center hole) posts. RFM uses one as well

#1305 3 years ago

Can you please restock your competition red flipper bat rubbers?!?!

#1306 3 years ago

A small note on your silicone shooter tips. I decided to swap these on a couple of games from standard black rubber tips. They weren't in bad shape, but I'm weeding out the remaining rubber tips I have and getting away from rubber entirely. I would definitely suggest this if you are using rubber tips. They look great (I'm using white), install easily, and deliver more energy to the ball when you plunge. Seriously, I was about to replace some shooter springs but now that I installed the silicone tips, no need to do that to get a strong plunge!

#1307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

A small note on your silicone shooter tips. I decided to swap these on a couple of games from standard black rubber tips. They weren't in bad shape, but I'm weeding out the remaining rubber tips I have and getting away from rubber entirely. I would definitely suggest this if you are using rubber tips. They look great (I'm using white), install easily, and deliver more energy to the ball when you plunge. Seriously, I was about to replace some shooter springs but now that I installed the silicone tips, no need to do that to get a strong plunge!

Stronger isn't better. Accurate reproduction of the original rubber tip's properties is important. Twilight Zone is a perfect example of the need for a very light plunge.

#1308 3 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Stronger isn't better. Accurate reproduction of the original rubber tip's properties is important. Twilight Zone is a perfect example of the need for a very light plunge.

You can light plunge with these fine. They have more bounce to them but it's not insane.

#1309 3 years ago

I thought this was inferred, but you can still plunge for skill shots just fine.

#1310 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Can you please restock your competition red flipper bat rubbers?!?!

I found a handful more of these I had set aside. They are back in stock on the site, and the restock order is in production now.

Quoted from sohchx:

Matt, Is there any chance that we could see this in the future? I'd like it in silicone for my Space Shuttle

5/8 inch high rubber bumper 3/4 inch outer diameter with 3/16 inch center hole

There is a very good chance. I'm not sure if they'll be in the next order or not, but I'm going to try to have most post sleeve variations as soon as possible.

#1311 3 years ago

A quick note about Metallica. I have had several reports of tearing/breaking on the MET slingshots. It seems the 2" ring it calls for is a little too tight. I would definitely suggest moving to a 2 1/2".

#1312 3 years ago

I have never seen a case where 2" is fit for slingshots.

#1313 3 years ago

Just finished overhauling my DE Tommy machine with all Titan silicone. It previously had black PL rubber and the difference is night and day! The game is so much faster and smoother now. I'm using 2.5" rings in place of the 2.75" on the slings (will change once available) and so far it seems OK.

Matt - is 1.75" in the next set of molds by any chance? I missed that one (there's only 1 on Tommy) and may try a 2" to put in its place for now. Absolutely love this line of products and the amazing customer service that goes with it!

#1314 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

A bunch of sterns recommend this, I know my Monopoly does. Would you recommend 2.5" instead? Finally getting around to a slings and flippers order for a bunch of games

Thanks!

#1315 3 years ago

2.5" for most slingshots, 3" for Sega slingshots.

#1316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

A bunch of sterns recommend this, I know my Monopoly does. Would you recommend 2.5" instead? Finally getting around to a slings and flippers order for a bunch of games
    Thanks!

Same question for me.....seems a lot of my Sterns call for ( and I've replaced with) 2"....haven't noticed any problems, but not sure what to look for ( they're not breaking)...is 2.5 a " known" replacement size for slings? I'd like to get the right ones for maximum life/ performance....thanks...mark

( and are there any other sizes that are called out in the manual that would be better suited w a different size?)

#1317 3 years ago

Just ordered back ups for the kit I put in Avengers and a whole set to put in my Iron Man. Going with translucent for both. Thanks Titan!

#1318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Just ordered back ups for the kit I put in Avengers and a whole set to put in my Iron Man. Going with translucent for both. Thanks Titan!

I think I'm going to go translucent on all mine, moving forward ( love them on my TRONLE)..they just look great!!!

Going to put an order together tomorrow for WOZ and IM ....ditto on the thanks!!!....mark

#1319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

A bunch of sterns recommend this, I know my Monopoly does. Would you recommend 2.5" instead?

I'm not sure. I can tell you that the majority of the issues we have had with breakage are occurring on Stern slingshots. I haven't been able to test 2 1/2 on them personally, so I cannot comment on how well they fit or play. If anyone is currently having an issue with the 2", let me know and I'll send out some 2 1/2.

#1320 3 years ago

Personally I have found that 2 1/2 inch rings fit slingshots properly on most DMD games. Over the years I have rarely bought kits or checked the manual to see what is called out, so I am kind of surprised to hear any games call out 2 inch on slings...

#1321 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Personally I have found that 2 1/2 inch rings fit slingshots properly on most DMD games. Over the years I have rarely bought kits or checked the manual to see what is called out, so I am kind of surprised to hear any games call out 2 inch on slings...

Well, paranoia setting in here....I've just gone by the manuals...they call for 2" on several of mine ( on one side)....one more thing to check....never ends.....

#1322 3 years ago

Today marked a great milestone! All of my games are now fully equipped with Titan! I cannot say enough great things about these rings, they are just awesome! My collection has never played better. Way to go Matt and Eve!

Marc

#1323 3 years ago

I'm thinking about doing orange on Addams family. Has anyone tried this and have pics?

#1324 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Correct, it's just common sense to not even try that to me...

#1325 3 years ago

Hello!

I have issues getting through with my purchase.

This is what I have ordered:

Product Name Model Quantity Unit Price Total
    Titan Universal Silicone Ring Kit
    - Univeral Kit - Main Color: White
    - Univeral Kit - Post Rubber 1 (2): Red
    - Univeral Kit - Post Rubber 2 (3): Red
    - Univeral Kit - Flipper Ring 1 (2): Red
    - Univeral Kit - Flipper Ring 2 (2): Red TitanUniversalKit 1 $40.50 $40.50
    Titan Universal Silicone Ring Kit
    - Univeral Kit - Main Color: Black
    - Univeral Kit - Post Rubber 1 (2): Black
    - Univeral Kit - Post Rubber 2 (3): Black
    - Univeral Kit - Flipper Ring 1 (2): Black
    - Univeral Kit - Flipper Ring 2 (2): Black TitanUniversalKit 1 $40.50 $40.50
    Titan Competition Silicone Rings
    - Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Mini
    - Ring Color: Black CS-FLIPMINI-BK 1 $1.12 $1.12
    - Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
    - Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 1 $1.45 $1.45
    - Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
    - Ring Color: Green CS-FLIP-GR 3 $1.45 $4.35
    Sub-Total: $87.92
    First-Class Package International Service: $20.15
    Total: $108.07

But whenever I click on confirm order, I get a pop-up notifying me that the transaction cannot be completed.. Am I doing something wrong?

Fred

#1326 3 years ago

I have had some issues ordering online but was able to work through it and get my order. I think the site is a little buggy but I'm sure they will figure it out. Love the rings they play like real rubber.

#1327 3 years ago

Has anyone compared these to PinballLife's new PerfectPlay silicone rings? Look, feel, ease of installation, bounce?

#1328 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Has anyone compared these to PinballLife's new PerfectPlay silicone rings? Look, feel, ease of installation, bounce?

They are both excellent and play very similarly from my experience so far. Installation is a snap with both brands. I do like how some of their colors are slightly different (PL has a nice darker orange). I think you win either way.

#1329 3 years ago

I use traditional rubbers on all my games. However I ran out of 3/8 post rubbers while doing my Ripley's last week and got four Titan replacements from a friend. So far they have given me no trouble. And best of all I didn't have to place another order before getting this machine back in the line up.

#1330 3 years ago

You really should give these a solid try, they clean up excellent and durability is fantastic. Not to mention they keep your playfield much cleaner! Maybe get a set of flipper rings and from each brand and compare, and some 2-1/2" rings for slingshots. So far I am liking the fact that colors appear to be more vibrant with the PerfectPlays.

#1331 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Not to mention they keep your playfield much cleaner!

Ever since I stopped using crap replacement rubbers, and went with quality ones, that hasn't been a problem. I get it though as one of the top suppliers touted on pinside also sends out rubbers that crumble in your hand. I learned fast about those.

#1332 3 years ago

Who has been the best brand for standard rubber? I used to use PBL but lately it seems like their stuff doesn't last more than a few months before it starts to deteriorate.

#1333 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Who has been the best brand for standard rubber?

I've been using Marco's PRW lately and am very happy with the results. If those ever go to crap like some of the others I may go with Titan's. But so far so good. I've got lots of machines to do.

#1334 3 years ago
    Quoted from FrederikFrost:

But whenever I click on confirm order, I get a pop-up notifying me that the transaction cannot be completed.. Am I doing something wrong?

Fred

Hi Fred. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll forward this to my web guy asap. I do know we have been having some sporadic Paypal issues lately, but I though they had been resolved. I can put together a manual order and send you an invoice if you need.

#1335 3 years ago

***Titan Pinball will be closed from 12/29 to 1/13***

Due to some ridiculous clerical errors, my wife is having to return to Ukraine for a couple of weeks. I've never met her family, so I'm going with her. The site will still be up, but the checkout function will be disabled.

It's as good a time to go as any. We've got a restock order in production now, and it should be here right around the time we return.

There's also a new flipper ring in production that is geared toward control players. We'll be sending some out for testing and have them on the site asap.

Thank you all again for the wonderful support!
    -Matt and Eve

#1336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Who has been the best brand for standard rubber?

PBR seems to be the most consistently good standard rubber.

Happ is another good choice.

#1337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

***Titan Pinball will be closed from 12/29 to 1/13***
    Due to some ridiculous clerical errors, my wife is having to return to Ukraine for a couple of weeks. I've never met her family, so I'm going with her. The site will still be up, but the checkout function will be disabled.
    It's as good a time to go as any. We've got a restock order in production now, and it should be here right around the time we return.
    There's also a new flipper ring in production that is geared toward control players. We'll be sending some out for testing and have them on the site asap.
    Thank you all again for the wonderful support!
    -Matt and Eve

Safe travels..and thanks for heads up....I'll have an order for you upon your return....mark

#1338 3 years ago

Hey guys, I bought a kit of translucent rings for my IM. It arrived but it's missing the six 7/16 rings I ordered

Does anyone have a couple spare translucent rings in that size I can buy off you? Since Titan is down for a while, I thought I'd ask a few of you. I'm going to try to use 5/16 till I can get the correct size in there.

Anyone, I'll pay double what you paid

#1340 3 years ago

I always find it interesting when people are married to someone from another country.

#1341 3 years ago

I apologise that it's taken me so long to get these pics up . Christmas / New Years break from work has given me some time to finally get my Metallica back together after adding some mods and of course Titan's "Glow in the Dark" rings .

First impressions of these rings are they are great and act very close to normal rubber . Seems like they will be easy to keep clean too which is great .

Been a while since I've been in this thread and was just reading the comments regarding the 2" slingshot rings . I've got 2" now on my Metallica as well as my other new Sterns ( in normal rubber ) and haven't had an issue . One thing I do when fitting them is to make sure the ring is "evened out" . By this , I mean make sure it is stretched evenly around all 3 posts and not pulled too tight in any one corner .

Anyhow here's some pics to enjoy : ( Matt @Titan Pinball , feel free to use these pics for your site etc. )

IMG_9402_(resized).JPG

IMG_9397_(resized).JPG

IMG_9391_(resized).JPG

IMG_9394_(resized).JPG

IMG_9395_(resized).JPG

IMG_9396_(resized).JPG

#1342 3 years ago

Walking dead with red slings. I'm going to have to do the whole machine in red now....

20160103_161240_(resized).jpg

#1343 3 years ago

Anyone else notice Superbands are absorbing dirt? There is a faint trail on this white ring that I can't get off with Novus.

image_(resized).jpg

#1344 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Anyone else notice Superbands are absorbing dirt? There is a faint trail on this white ring that I can't get off with Novus.

image_(resized).jpg

On pinball rubbers, I use: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2651
    Love it! Haven't tried it on Superbans yet, but probably never will ... in process of pulling them out of every machine to replace with either factory rubbers or better yet Titan (once they get some more sizes that I need).

#1345 3 years ago

Yeah I used to use that for rubbers. Never need it with Titans.

1 week later
    #1346 3 years ago

I broke my first silicone ring today.
    The game has been in the garage since this summer and just recently has seen a ton of plays. Does rapid temp change have any effect on silicone? I know it's not good for the rest of the game by the way

12091_(resized).jpeg

#1347 3 years ago

Rapid temp change is bad for everything on a pin.

Playfields plank, backglasses peel, cabs spider....

Never keep a pin in an unheated garage.

Use a reptile heating pad inside if you have no choice.

8650_(resized).jpg

#1348 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Rapid temp change is bad for everything on a pin.
    Playfields plank, backglasses peel, cabs spider....
    Never keep a pin in an unheated garage.
    Use a reptile heating pad inside if you have no choice.
    8650_(resized).jpg

I know, I know

I actually did have one of those reptile pads in it.

#1349 3 years ago

As a general rule, what temps on either extreme are most damaging? Is humidity the most damaging?

#1350 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

As a general rule, what temps on either extreme are most damaging? Is humidity the most damaging?

Any rapid change is especially bad for wood. Humidity is obviously bad. I would not even think of storing one of my "nice" games in an unheated garage. Ideal is what is comfortable for you most likely.

Our weather has been all over the map lately, like t-shirts to parkas in a day or two. My neighbor is actually housing my SG. He's trying to ease his wife into the idea of buying one...lol
    He's doing the "neighbourly" thing by helping us out...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.00
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 89.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 334.95
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    There are 2627 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside