4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,628 posts
  • 399 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by JackMorten
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 831 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg

There are 2628 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 53.
    #1201 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still didn't get my order. IF this was PBL I would have had my order by tuesday of last week.

Yeah and they'd be dried out crap rubber too. Just hold on to your light sabre and have some patience.

#1202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

You could throw 3/16" rings on a 5/16" post, you could use 1" in place of 1 1/4", etc, but it changes game play by stretching a rubber thinner than it was intended... posts get smaller, slings become tighter, and just not the way the game was designed. If we didn't care about things like that, there would be no reason for Titan Competition Rings to exist.

but remember. white rubber now is thicker than white rubber back in the 90's. So if you stretch a 2 1/2 in a 2 3/4 space. the rubber is actually closer to actual diameter to original or black rubber. I don't use guides when shopping out a game. Basically, I just look at the post configuration and pretty much can tell right away what size its suppose to have on it. Sometimes the guides or playfield printing doesn't match anyway, because the game was revised after the art or manual was printed.

#1203 3 years ago

Loving these.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#1204 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but remember. white rubber now is thicker than white rubber back in the 90's. So if you stretch a 2 1/2 in a 2 3/4 space. the rubber is actually closer to actual diameter to original or black rubber.

You may be right for pinballife white rubber, but pbr white rubber is thinner and harder than pbl rubber. Considering polyurethane rubbers aren't as pliable even as black rubber I have my doubts that 2 1/2" would work as well in place of 2 3/4". Silicone I don't know yet... been hoping 2 3/4" shows up some day because I don't have a need for 2 1/2" otherwise to risk it.

#1205 3 years ago

well the titans I just got stretch really well. Havn't put them on yet, but I dont' see a reason why they wouldn't.

#1206 3 years ago

So far, our experience with Solar Ride is matching everyone else's... a definite improvement in gameplay with no issues of the rings being too stiff or too bouncy. The son of the previous owner was over... and beat my high score in a single game.

#1207 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

2 3/4" non-black rings are generally difficult to find.

PBR sells them in white.

#1208 3 years ago

Can we get the 100 piece bulk set in translucent? It's not letting me pick it.

#1209 3 years ago

I'm loving these too. Great feel on control with flipper rubber. Translucent sling rubber looks awesome.

Had Superbands before.

#1210 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can we get the 100 piece bulk set in translucent? It's not letting me pick it.

I had to pull the translucent because we are out of 3/8. If anyone still wants a translucent bulk pack, you can order another color and just leave me a message at checkout. It will be missing the 3/8, but I can send those later once they are back in stock.

#1211 3 years ago

Cool thanks. I am making an order now and you can just put black
    3/8s in there. I will note that in the comments as I checkout too. thanks!

#1212 3 years ago

When are glow in the dark bulk packs and flipper rubbers going to be ready?

Also I'd like to request some light reactive colors:
    Fluorescent green (see the pps fluorescent rings for example)
    Perhaps fluorescent orange as well.

#1213 3 years ago

Fluorescent colors would be awesome. I have a black light room in my basement, with Dirty Donny posters and early 80's pins.

#1214 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

When are glow in the dark bulk packs and flipper rubbers going to be ready?

I'm placing a restock order this week. We got shorted some of the GITD this go around, so we ran out faster than expected.

I will certainly inquire about florescent colors. I'll ask them to send some samples with the current order.

#1215 3 years ago

I'd love to see Florescent as well. Translucent Florescent would be awesome.

#1216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I'm placing a restock order this week. We got shorted some of the GITD this go around, so we ran out faster than expected.
    I will certainly inquire about florescent colors. I'll ask them to send some samples with the current order.

Yes, yes, yes.....!

Absolutely love the feel of these. TWD needs some glow in the dark

#1217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Cool. This is the green color: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-SAT-FLP-FGR-1

This thing glows in a great way under proper light.

#1218 3 years ago

Just an opinion. I just put Titan competition rubber all over my tron. looks great.. but, for me the flippers are way too sticky. Especially on a game like tron that has the ball hitting the flippers will all sorts of spin.. behavior is really not good. Might be ok on a slower machine. Anyway, just my two cents. But boy do those translucent slings look amazing.

image.jpeg

#1219 3 years ago

Looking for pictures of anyone who has done Titan sets on
    TAF
    RFM
    CFTBL
    TZ

They are all on my hit list and looking for ideas. I did AFM in green which was fantastic, but these I'm having a hard time coming up with color schemes, and I'd hate to just do all white on all of them.

#1220 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'd hate to just do all white on all of them.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. If white looks the best, keep it white. I did on my TZ and WW.

#1221 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. If white looks the best, keep it white. I did on my TZ and WW.

I like "tasteful" you know? I still prefer warm white LEDs or incandescents in my GI, and my LEDs are all mini's...I don't go for color overkill.

#1222 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I like "tasteful" you know? I still prefer warm white LEDs or incandescents in my GI, and my LEDs are all mini's...I don't go for color overkill.

go translucent! It is very tasteful and they do a great job of adding to the warm white glow.

#1223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

go translucent! It is very tasteful and they do a great job of adding to the warm white glow.

Interesting. Haven't seen too many of them lit up. Seeing them in a baggie doesn't really convey anything beyond looking milky white.

#1224 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Looking for pictures of anyone who has done Titan sets on
    TAF
    RFM
    CFTBL
    TZ
    They are all on my hit list and looking for ideas. I did AFM in green which was fantastic, but these I'm having a hard time coming up with color schemes, and I'd hate to just do all white on all of them.

Addams Family flippers in red on location.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1225 3 years ago

I'm thinking, at least for TAF, stock white bands, red flippers, and a combination of blue and yellow post sleeves depending on location on PF.

TZ I already did blue flipper rubbers when I got the machine, but since it's about to get shopped, figured time to do the rest....so looking for ideas. Was thinking blue or yellow to go with the dark theme....

#1226 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

+1 for all white. White rubber looks great IMO. I never liked that new games went all black, I like bright playfields, so what if you have to wipe down the rubbers every once in a while.

#1227 3 years ago

Yes red Titan flippers and white Titan rings look great. Using black rubber post sleeves since they actually hold up pretty well.

#1228 3 years ago

My only issue with white rubber is that I feel like after a few plays it looks dirty. Do the titan whites resist that better than conventional rubber?

#1229 3 years ago

all silicone titans wipe up very easy with a little spit on a rag.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Interesting. Haven't seen too many of them lit up.

look just above that post of the tron with translucents lit up. They take on the color of the bulbs you have around them and help diffuse the light. VERY neat property and help spread the light source. I am a big fan and they look really sharp on games.

That said, full color can look nice also, but it seems many people get a bit carried away with thiking color wash it great (similar to how some do LEDs). I vote either go for a color that disappears and blends with background or go with a color that pops and accentuates the game. To me translucents are the best of both options. They dont stick out and detract from the natural beauty of a game but also provide just a hint of flare.

#1230 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

My only issue with white rubber is that I feel like after a few plays it looks dirty. Do the titan whites resist that better than conventional rubber?

Yep.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/5#post-2312016

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/8#post-2351360

#1231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

did my TAF w red too....looks great!!!!

#1232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

finished translucents on TRON...looks awesome....

did white on my FGY, but think the translucents would have looked just as good

excited to do my WOZ w those, as I'm sure the light tubes will look excellent "glowing" through the rings......

#1233 3 years ago

Completed my Comet and Atlantis, pretty happy with the results, thou I will need to do another order as I forgot to add a couple of rubbers...

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.jpg

#1234 3 years ago

well I got them on spooky now. I do notice the ball does react differently. I do not like the flipper rubbers, so I have normal flipper rubber on. But I do notice from the posts and slings, that the ball gets a lot more spin than it normally would. Not set on changing all my games to these.

#1235 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

WTF clean your flipper bats dude.

#1236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

all silicone titans wipe up very easy with a little spit on a rag.

look just above that post of the tron with translucents lit up. They take on the color of the bulbs you have around them and help diffuse the light. VERY neat property and help spread the light source. I am a big fan and they look really sharp on games.
    That said, full color can look nice also, but it seems many people get a bit carried away with thiking color wash it great (similar to how some do LEDs). I vote either go for a color that disappears and blends with background or go with a color that pops and accentuates the game. To me translucents are the best of both options. They dont stick out and detract from the natural beauty of a game but also provide just a hint of flare.

I thought my full color looked good. I probably wouldn't go multiple colors on too many games but I thought they matched the plastics really well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/24#post-2787484

#1237 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought my full color looked good. I probably wouldn't go multiple colors on too many games but I thought they matched the plastics really well.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/24#post-2787484

I personally would have gone a single style, much like I paint all the trim in my house one color. Just personal preference and all that matters is you like it.

I think translucent woudl look really sharp on that game. If I was going to try a color I would have gone with Yellow throughout.

#1238 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well I got them on spooky now. I do notice the ball does react differently. I do not like the flipper rubbers, so I have normal flipper rubber on. But I do notice from the posts and slings, that the ball gets a lot more spin than it normally would. Not set on changing all my games to these.

I personally got Titan rings because I wanted my rubbers to feel more like red rubbers. I used to have purple rubbers on my WCS, STTNG, and Shadow and it was bounce-tacular. The Titans make them feel soo much more normal.

#1239 3 years ago

I used Titan competition rings on various machines last week and must say, I get what all of the fuss is about. They felt really great and close to regular rubbers. The playfields were really clean and hadn't been shopped recently after Titans had been installed. I had just played my FT that had super bands installed on the flippers so I had to readjust, which took a few plays. I'm making my list now but can't wait to have these on my machines. Then, it's on to experimenting with LEDs.

#1240 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I personally got Titan rings because I wanted my rubbers to feel more like red rubbers. I used to have purple rubbers on my WCS, STTNG, and Shadow and it was bounce-tacular. The Titans make them feel soo much more normal.

red rings? where do you get those in normal rubber?

The flipper rubbers for titan are still not like real rubber. Way better than shitterbands, but still not the same. So I will continue to use regular rubber on all my flippers.

the rings. Still not sure 100%, played the hell out of spooky last night. Ball does some crazy stuff, but it does with new white rubber too, so i'm going to let it dirty up some before I judge.

#1241 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The flipper rubbers for titan are still not like real rubber. Way better than shitterbands, but still not the same. So I will continue to use regular rubber on all my flippers.
    the rings. Still not sure 100%, played the hell out of spooky last night. Ball does some crazy stuff, but it does with new white rubber too, so i'm going to let it dirty up some before I judge.

That's a good idea to give it some time... new rubber is always extra tacky, and even superbands get better once a little dirt gets ground in.

#1242 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally would have gone a single style, much like I paint all the trim in my house one color. Just personal preference and all that matters is you like it.
    I think translucent woudl look really sharp on that game. If I was going to try a color I would have gone with Yellow throughout.

The nice thing about rings is they will wear out and you can try a different approach next time.

If you put translucents on all of your machines doesn't that make them less special. I think they fit really well with Tron but I'm not sure about other machines. I also like them with colored LEDs but I'm not a big fan of colored GI.

#1243 3 years ago

I am not sure but dont think the Titan bands wear out... Lots of posters in this thread that have games with 1000s of play on route for the past year and no real need to replace.

I am not looking for special when putting on rings. I am looking for: good bounce/feel, not distracting to the eye, and hold up for the long haul. I also like the translucents since they diffuse light well and I think they just look cool.

I did just do IM in red and it looks pretty sweet!

#1244 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I did just do IM in red and it looks pretty sweet!

Got any pics? I'd like to see that.

#1245 3 years ago

All I can say is WOW! These are great, they look awesome and the pin feels much more "alive" than before but it still feels like the old rubber when using the flippers to control the ball, if that makes any sense. Needless to say all my pins will be getting these but for now I'm still playing around with the colors and have a 2nd batch with the translucent bands on the way, can't wait to try those out.

Thanks!

Titan_flipper_shot.jpg

Titan_upper_PF.jpg

#1246 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hilton
    I know exactly what you are talking about. I really wanted to have one color throughout on CC. I tried all white, blue, yellow, and red. They looked OK but I really like it when I mixed it up a little.
    Wally100_8749.JPG100_8752.JPG100_8785.JPG

#1247 3 years ago

looks good wally!

#1248 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Got any pics? I'd like to see that.

sorry, just saw this and the game is already out on route now. I can try to snag a few pics when I go out later this week.

1 week later
    #1249 3 years ago

Any update on safe Cracker Flipper rubbers yet?
    Magicchiz

#1250 3 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with Titan sling rubbers snapping? One I bought for my TSPP about two months ago just snapped, and there's one on my IM right now that looks like it's about to go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 2628 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside