4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 58.
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Well, I placed an order - for a whole bunch of 3/8" post rubbers for my wife's Nudge-It. I'm curious to see how they are.
As an aside, Titan - You're low on stock on something - my card registered a PHP error:

Not sure if that means it wasn't able to write MY order to the log, OR, if it wasn't able to write a low-stock alert... Either way, may wanna check that error out.

I got a similar error to this last week during the order process for the Stern ST kit. The order came in full, I believe. Although I will now go to double-check.

#1152 8 years ago

double-post after submit failed to return a result

#1154 8 years ago

Thanks a lot for pointing out the error. I think it has something to do with a low stock alert to me, not the customer.
I'll have my web guy take a look asap. I does look like everything has come through OK. If we were actually out of something, you wouldn't be able to checkout with it in the cart.

#1155 8 years ago

I saw the same thing last night... I figured the logs would tell you there was an issue.

#1156 8 years ago

Cool, good to hear then!

#1157 8 years ago

I just put competition flipper bands and slings on two of my pins and couldn't be happier with the results so I ordered more along with some other bands and rings.
The only thing better than the product is Matt's service ... top notch!!!

#1158 8 years ago

Just placed an order to do a Waterworld. Can't wait to see these in person and try them out.

#1159 8 years ago

Tried to build a kit for Pinbot, but the game is not in your database?!?

*** Update - Titan got back to me via email. You have to type in "bot" for the game to come up in the database. ***

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Tried to build a kit for Pinbot, but the game is not in your database?!?

Just replied to your email. The name is in the database as PIN·BOT. Our search has a little trouble with names that have characters (same thing can happen with AC/DC). If you search for 'bot', I think it's the 4th one on the list. Thanks a lot!

#1161 8 years ago

Man, just put on the competition rings on my SM and FGY and MAJOR difference over the superbands......great product!!!! just when I thought my Pin budget could grow.....have to take inventory tonight....highly recommend.....mark

#1162 8 years ago

In the sample kit I received some sort of glow in the dark green. Can I get a whole kit in that color? It looks awesome with the right light on it.

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In the sample kit I received some sort of glow in the dark green. Can I get a whole kit in that color? It looks awesome with the right light on it.

Yes, that is glow in the dark. I believe Titan carries it in all sizes. I don't know if a particular game kit is available.

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, that is glow in the dark. I believe Titan carries it in all sizes. I don't know if a particular game kit is available.

I looked at the flippers and it didn't list it as a color or could buy or the kits

#1165 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I looked at the flippers and it didn't list it as a color or could buy or the kits

It looks like they're out of stock on the glow flipper rubber. If you look at mini-flipper or 3/8, it does show up. Also, there's not really kits. The kit database will let you add rings to your cart, but they're rarely the colors you actually want since it's so subjective.

#1166 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I did my entire TWD LE in the glow in the dark rubber

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Pics?

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Id like to do my avatar. Bummer crap is out of stock.

#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Id like to do my Avatar. Bummer crap is out of stock.

I bought them all

#1170 8 years ago

Just got my package in today. Fast delivery!

#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

you will like these!!! flipper feel is crazy good.......

#1172 8 years ago

Let's see some pics of Titan bands

#1173 8 years ago

Just got an order for a complete replacement set of rings for our Solar Ride here. Some of the rubber on this machine may have been original - which meant stiff, cracked, and generally not the best stuff. Plus two of the rings were BLACK replacements - ick on several levels.

OldRingsNastyNastyNasty.jpgOldRingsNastyNastyNasty.jpg

The manual called for white rings - we went with clear for everything, partly to help the GI on the playfield (now LEDs), and partly because I wasn't sure bright white rings would have looked good against the patina on the playfield. It looks pretty good. And it plays a lot faster than with that old, stiff, cracked up rubber. We even replaced the shooter tip and flipper rubbers, but those were done in the original colors.

PFNewRingsLEDs.jpgPFNewRingsLEDs.jpg

#1174 8 years ago

I need to take some pics of my Stars. I'll be sure to do that tomorrow.

#1175 8 years ago

I really like the competition translucent 2.5" rings, as I had replaced white rubbers with them I notice they are stiffer, but not as stiff as black rubber it seems. I like the feel of the competition flipper rubbers as well. They have a different stiffness than super bands as well I have noticed.

the shooter tips are nice, and hopefully they should hold up for a long time.

nice product so far!

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

The manual called for white rings - we went with clear for everything, partly to help the GI on the playfield (now LEDs), and partly because I wasn't sure bright white rings would have looked good against the patina on the playfield.

I know the feeling, I've been hesitant on bright white on several games, but I have yet to regret it after installation on any so far... keep in mind older games were designed with white rubber in mind, and particularly after many decades of dulling colors, the benefits just increase. The translucents do look good though!

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I know the feeling, I've been hesitant on bright white on several games, but I have yet to regret it after installation on any so far... keep in mind older games were designed with white rubber in mind, and particularly after many decades of dulling colors, the benefits just increase. The translucents do look good though!

The manual did specify the white rubbers... on the other hand, I was pretty sure we wouldn't regret the clear, either, and I was right.

#1178 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes shipping is fast, Just wish they would label the sizes, in the bags they send. They said they were working on that but it's been 6 months. Must be 1 heck of a slow printer.

#1179 8 years ago

Here's my Stars. I used the colored nuts and rings which look really good.

2015-11-08-144529.jpg2015-11-08-144529.jpg
2015-11-08-144517.jpg2015-11-08-144517.jpg
2015-11-08-144459.jpg2015-11-08-144459.jpg
2015-11-08-144508.jpg2015-11-08-144508.jpg

#1180 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Yes shipping is fast, Just wish they would label the sizes, in the bags they send. They said they were working on that but it's been 6 months. Must be 1 heck of a slow printer.

Ring size is moulded into the ring.

#1181 8 years ago

Here's my first order.. Let me tell you, it was difficult getting all these rubbers entered in. I mean, I wish someone could have had a kit ready for me.. I ordered a complete set in light blue and yellow - the wife preferred the yellow, and I do too, at least up in the "sky" area. The shooter she decided to go blue, since it matched the colors on the shooter apron.

472807.jpg472807.jpg

#1182 8 years ago

I can't imagine using white post nuts now. Orange on KISS, pink on Playboy,etc.

#1183 8 years ago

I was wondering if I could convert a mid 80s Bally to use nuts instead of screws for the plastics. I don't think it would be a problem other than getting the screws with barbs on the head.

#1184 8 years ago

Still didn't get my order. IF this was PBL I would have had my order by tuesday of last week.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still didn't get my order. IF this was PBL I would have had my order by tuesday of last week.

When did you order? I got mine same week.

#1187 8 years ago

They save you money by using First Class mail. Unfortunately that can be fast or slow depending on luck of the draw.

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ordered the end of the week before.

I ordered the 2nd, and it arrived on the 6th. If you got a tracking number, what's it say?

#1189 8 years ago

that's right it is first class. I have a friend that works at the post office, and they are purposely holding first class mail a day or 2, to slow it down over priority. because it didn't matter if it was first class or priority, it would arrive just as fast. So things are being slowed down now, to make priority more appealing.

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's right it is first class. I have a friend that works at the post office, and they are purposely holding first class mail a day or 2, to slow it down over priority. because it didn't matter if it was first class or priority, it would arrive just as fast. So things are being slowed down now, to make priority more appealing.

That's BS.

#1191 8 years ago

i agree, but it's happening. Not every hub does it, but many of them do it.

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

I would double-check the titan pinball ring set in the database - the instruction manual lists a couple different sizes for the various star post rings, but the 3/8" ID ones fit well.

Thanks for the Breakshot pictures. I noticed too that the manual has most of the star posts with 3/8" ID rings and a few with 7/16" ID rings. I have no idea why they would use different ring sizes on identical star posts. I do notice that most of the 7/16" ID rings are on star posts right behind drop targets. Anyone know why those ones would be 7/16" rings instead of 3/8" rings?

#1193 8 years ago

I discovered today that you can build a ring kit on the Titan site that contains ring sizes that Titan doesn't actually sell. That doesn't work out well when someone buys the kit because the system doesn't put the unavailable ring sizes in the cart, doesn't put the unavailable ring sizes in the Wish List either, and there is no message provided to the user that a portion of the kit wasn't put into the cart. You just have to notice when reviewing your cart contents that something is missing.

I'm not talking about an "out of stock" situation here. For example, I constructed a kit that contained 2-3/4" rings. Did that because that's the ring size Capcom specifies for Breakshot slings. When constructing the kit the drop down for ring size does have an entry to select 2-3/4". But if you were to try and add a 2-3/4" ring directly to your cart you would find that there is no drop down for that ring size at that point.

Perhaps the ring size drop down list used in the kit construction needs to be the same as that used during direct ordering? Or, perhaps an error message should be displayed to the user when an item in a kit can't be added to the cart during purchase of a kit? Might be another way to handle it. The "kit" feature certainly is a nice feature to have from a customer standpoint.

#1194 8 years ago

got my order today. I'll install them and see how well it goes.

#1195 8 years ago

Kits... suggestion for Titan.
Many use stock colors like Black for the kits.
Is there an easy way to change the colors?
It'd really be awesome if the kits were graphical... I showing playfield picture and location of the rings; so the colors could be selected. Big programming job there; so I'm sure that it's impossible.

#1196 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It'd really be awesome if the kits were graphical... I showing playfield picture and location of the rings; so the colors could be selected.

The database allows for attaching pictures, so if the kit designer puts forth the effort, this is already kinda possible. I added the ring page from the manual to the game that I added. Probably not as nice as you were asking about, though.

#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The database allows for attaching pictures, so if the kit designer puts forth the effort, this is already kinda possible. I added the ring page from the manual to the game that I added. Probably not as nice as you were asking about, though.

Yeah that's what I did on the kits I made too (plus adding explanatory text for the extra rings added for those missing/incorrect in the manual). It would be cool to have an interactive playfield map for each game so you'd know which rings you were tweaking but far too much work for the likely return I'd imagine.

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

For example, I constructed a kit that contained 2-3/4" rings. Did that because that's the ring size Capcom specifies for Breakshot slings.

2 3/4" non-black rings are generally difficult to find. I have at least 3 games that need them: GNR (4), BF (1), XM (2). Would be great if Titan could produce that size.

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just use 2 1/2 no reason for 2 3/4

You could throw 3/16" rings on a 5/16" post, you could use 1" in place of 1 1/4", etc, but it changes game play by stretching a rubber thinner than it was intended... posts get smaller, slings become tighter, and just not the way the game was designed. If we didn't care about things like that, there would be no reason for Titan Competition Rings to exist.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.