4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 58.
#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

The rubber previously were just a standard set from Ebay

#1102 8 years ago

why are you buying rubber sets on ebay? Should be buying from pinball life. he has the best prices on white rubber around.

#1103 8 years ago

Double post oops

#1104 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

Previously installed were a standard set of Ebay rubbers

#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are you buying rubber sets on ebay? Should be buying from pinball life. he has the best prices on white rubber around.

Yeah I used to buy my white rubbers from Pinball Life and they would come old and dry when they arrived and not soft and bouncy. So I stopped buying from them and switched to Titan and soooo glad I did

#1106 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because at the time I had no idea that Titan existed until I saw this thread a few weeks ago. Also I have been buying from the same seller for almost 15 years and I couldn't really beat $18 shipped per set.

#1107 8 years ago

Translucent Titan flipper and slingshot rings on STTNG.

Titan_STTNG.jpgTitan_STTNG.jpg

#1108 8 years ago

$18 Seems high for a game. When you buy rubber a ring at a time. Usually costs around $7-8 per game, depending. I do not like titan flipper rubber, but for rings, they might have similar feel to white rubber. Unless they changed the formula again for a 3rd time. Wouldnt' mind trying rings out.

#1109 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah I used to buy my white rubbers from Pinball Life and they would come old and dry when they arrived and not soft and bouncy. So I stopped buying from them and switched to Titan and soooo glad I did

Before Titan I started to avoid buying rubber from PBL for the same reason... chalky and halfway dried out. Marco seemed to have a more consistent stock of rubber rings, but I really like the Titans now.

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Before Titan I started to avoid buying rubber from PBL for the same reason... chalky and halfway dried out. Marco seemed to have a more consistent stock of rubber rings, but I really like the Titans now.

Interesting - I purchased a lot of rubbers for my TZ about 3 months ago from them, and all showed up in perfect condition. Maybe it was a bad batch that's not depleted? Dunno.. (I did NOT go for these Titans as I'm wanting some more long-term reports. )

#1111 8 years ago

Orange was an excellent choice.

PB010266.JPGPB010266.JPG

PB010263.JPGPB010263.JPG

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

(I did NOT go for these Titans as I'm wanting some more long-term reports. )

If your routing and getting serious play numbers maybe that would make sense but for home use after 8 months any issues would surface by now.

#1113 8 years ago

I have nothing bad to say about the competition rings. After thousands of plays on some of our location games they are holding up well and always come clean with 2 or 3 wipes of Novus. They are not drying out, cracking, or failing randomly like a lot of the new rubber rings we see today.

#1114 8 years ago

I've had them on a few routed games that I service for months and no broken rings yet.

So far, so very good.

#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Orange was an excellent choice.
PB010266.JPG
PB010263.JPG

Dang I never would have thought to put orange on that game, but it looks really great! A lot of times, modern mods like colored rubber or LEDs look tacky on an EM. Those look like they came from the Gottlieb factory!

#1116 8 years ago

fine I bit the bullet and ordered some for a game. Going to give them a shot and see how they do. I know i'm not a fan of the flipper rubber, but rings have a different type of interaction, which won't be as noticeable as flippers are.

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

fine I bit the bullet and ordered some for a game. Going to give them a shot and see how they do. I know i'm not a fan of the flipper rubber, but rings have a different type of interaction, which won't be as noticeable as flippers are.

Make sure you get the "competition" rubbers and not the regular ones!

#1118 8 years ago

Make sure you get the "competition" rubbers and not the regular ones!

Wait, I just bought a bunch of Titan rubber at Expo but I assumed all Titan was the same - you're saying there's two different types?

#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Wait, I just bought a bunch of Titan rubber at Expo but I assumed all Titan was the same - you're saying there's two different types?

Yes, competition which is awesome and like real rubber, and then regular which is like Superbands, not so awesome. Check out Titans website, you will see them both there.

#1120 8 years ago

Okay, I got clear which appears to be Competition only. Phew.

#1121 8 years ago

Yes, competition which is awesome and like real rubber, and then regular which is like Superbands, not so awesome. Check out Titans website, you will see them both there.

whew...scared me too...ordered a complete set of flipper and ring rubber, and they were all called" competition" on the order...hopefully, I'm ok....

#1122 8 years ago

There is no question as to what you get. Competition is silicone, plain and simple.

#1123 8 years ago

I didnt' see a difference on the website. IS there only one kind?

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No there is clearly a difference on the website. And they difine it very clearly.

This is Titans regular rubbers.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=114

And this is Titans competition rubbers.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

Very easy to spot them both on the website.

#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You want the competition ones.

#1126 8 years ago

Quick question, got the Titan Competition rubbers (they look great!) and put some clear ones on my WOZ. I noticed at the top right part of the playfield, just below the OZ lanes where you increase your bonus, it seems the ball doesn't bounce up to the roll overs like it used to. Could it be the white rubber that was there before just gave it a lot more bounce? And in time would these perhaps start to bounce more with use or no?

#1127 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Quick question, got the Titan Competition rubbers (they look great!) and put some clear ones on my WOZ. I noticed at the top right part of the playfield, just below the OZ lanes where you increase your bonus, it seems the ball doesn't bounce up to the roll overs like it used to. Could it be the white rubber that was there before just gave it a lot more bounce? And in time would these perhaps start to bounce more with use or no?

I would say no. Sounds like the rubber ring you have on there is a size too small/tight. Go up one size in rubber in that spot.

#1128 8 years ago

I would say no. Sounds like the rubber ring you have on there is a size too small/tight. Go up one size in rubber in that spot.

yea...that's a tricky sling for sure....definitely don't turn the power up there, and if it's too tight, likely to break the ring pretty quick.....

#1129 8 years ago

No there is clearly a difference on the website. And they difine it very clearly.
This is Titans regular rubbers.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=114
And this is Titans competition rubbers.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52
Very easy to spot them both on the website.

So according to what you're saying here, Titan's competition rings (which are made of silicone) feel like real rubber, but their regular colored rubber actually feels more like Superbands (which are made of urethane) to you?

I've never used Titan's regular rubber flipper rubbers but it seems odd that they would feel less like standard rubber than their silicone bands do. I guess I'm glad I only ordered the competion rings since I already had plenty of regular rubber on hand from other companies.

I have a couple hundred games on the the Titan competetion rings and I would agree that those are pretty good, especially when compared to SuperBands. They clearly have both better bounce and less exaggerated grippiness than SuperBands do.

#1130 8 years ago

No there is clearly a difference on the website. And they define it very clearly.

True, but it's still somewhat confusing to the customer...Both silicone and polyurethane rings are advertised as having the same feel as red flipper rubber (Shore A45), but the primary complaint about polyurethane is that they do not feel like regular rubber in bounce or tackiness.

#1131 8 years ago

I just put a large order in for all my machines' slings and flippers. I had colored standard rubber in most of my machines ... and they were shredding / getting old. So; I decided to go to Titans instead of superbands.

#1132 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I just put a large order in for all my machines' slings and flippers. I had colored standard rubber in most of my machines ... and they were shredding / getting old. So; I decided to go to Titans instead of superbands.

Make sure they are the competition ones!

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

True, but it's still somewhat confusing to the customer...Both silicone and polyurethane rings are advertised as having the same feel as red flipper rubber (Shore A45), but the primary complaint about polyurethane is that they do not feel like regular rubber in bounce or tackiness.

It looks like Titan might be doing away with their regular rubbers? They have very little selection in them left. I think you can only get the flipper rubbers and 7/16 and 3/8, that's all. Seems to me like they are clearing them out. Which is ok with me, I only buy the competition ones anyway.

#1134 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

There's nothing made from polyurethane listed on their site that I've ever seen. Its only silicone (competition) and colored rubber (regular). It does appear the selection of colored rubber is much smaller than it used to be before the silicone products were introduced.

#1135 8 years ago

just reviewed my order. They were the competition ones. This is basically a test run of rubber for me. If they don't perform, it will be the last order I ever do from them.

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

There's nothing made from polyurethane listed on their site that I've ever seen. Its only silicone (competition) and colored rubber (regular). It does appear the selection of colored rubber is much smaller than it used to be before the silicone products were introduced.

Yea, Titan doesn't say what their regular rubber is made of. Superbands (polyurethane) does advertise as having the same bounce as red rubber.

#1137 8 years ago

I used 2" which is what the Woz Manuel said went there.

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Make sure the leaf switches are gapped small so they will be sensitive.

#1139 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I used 2" which is what the Woz Manuel said went there.

Sometimes the manuals are wrong and sometimes these rubbers fit tighter. Try a 2.5" there instead, trust me, it will work

#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

Added a little color to Breakshot!

Could you give me a more complete description of the full set of color rings you added for Breakshot and where you placed them? Couldn't see the center or top of the playfield in your pictures.

Looking to order a set for Breakshot myself, but pics would really help to see how they look. No pics for this game on Titan's site yet.

#1141 8 years ago

Breakshot will be lit with all clear incandescent bulbs. So was thinking that with that lighting white rings would be better to use than clear in any location where a special color isn't desired. Thoughts?

#1142 8 years ago

I just wanted to say 'Thank You!' again to everyone!
The support has been tremendous.

To clear up a few questions :
We do carry limited sizes in "regular" rubber. It's made from SBR and we ordered it at Shore A45 (which is supposed to be approximate to red flipper rubber). We had some quality issues with our last manufacturer which forced us to pull most of the sizes. You'll only see flipper rings and very small sizes in the SBR rubber. There are also fewer colors and no translucent.

The Competition rings are made from silicone. These are the rings that are tied into our Kit Database (which has also grown significantly thanks to all of you!). If you order directly from the database, they will always be the Competition rings.

We are thinking of trying out some new hardness ratings, and perhaps offering different 'bounce' levels with the flipper rings. There will also be some new sizes in the near future.

We would always love to hear your suggestions and feedback.

-Matt and Eve

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I just wanted to say 'Thank You!' again to everyone!
The support has been tremendous.
To clear up a few questions :
We do carry limited sizes in "regular" rubber. It's made from SBR and we ordered it at Shore A45 (which is supposed to be approximate to red flipper rubber). We had some quality issues with our last manufacturer which forced us to pull most of the sizes. You'll only see flipper rings and very small sizes in the SBR rubber. There are also fewer colors and no translucent.
The Competition rings are made from silicone. These are the rings that are tied into our Kit Database (which has also grown significantly thanks to all of you!). If you order directly from the database, they will always be the Competition rings.
We are thinking of trying out some new hardness ratings, and perhaps offering different 'bounce' levels with the flipper rings. There will also be some new sizes in the near future.
We would always love to hear your suggestions and feedback.
-Matt and Eve

I love the bounce level right where it is now on the competition rings. If you do end up doing different bounce levels can you please call the ones your using now "classic" bounce so I know what ones to order? Thanks again for a superior rubber!

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

Could you give me a more complete description of the full set of color rings you added for Breakshot and where you placed them? Couldn't see the center or top of the playfield in your pictures.
Looking to order a set for Breakshot myself, but pics would really help to see how they look. No pics for this game on Titan's site yet.

Here are some more (poorly lit) pictures.

I used orange posts in the center, with a purple one by the 8-ball and red by the top drop target bank. Nearly all the small rings are clear, except for the 7/16" ones - purple in the center lock area, orange near the top drop target bank, and red at the bottom flipper post.
Purple slingshot bands and red flipper bats as well.

There are a lot of colors on the playfield, but the colors seem to blend well together.

I would double-check the titan pinball ring set in the database - the instruction manual lists a couple different sizes for the various star post rings, but the 3/8" ID ones fit well.

image6.jpgimage6.jpg

image5.jpgimage5.jpg

image4.jpgimage4.jpg

image3.jpgimage3.jpg

image2.jpgimage2.jpg

image1.jpgimage1.jpg

image1_1.jpgimage1_1.jpg

#1145 8 years ago

No pics on the games yet, just my satisfyingly perfect sized packaging.

IMG_20151102_200018157.jpgIMG_20151102_200018157.jpg

#1146 8 years ago

Just ordered a complete set in combination of orange, blue and yellow for Funhouse. Will post pictures when complete.

#1147 8 years ago

If you do end up doing different bounce levels can you please call the ones your using now "classic" bounce so I know what ones to order?

The plan is to introduce a new, inferior ring and call it "New Competition". Then, when everyone hates it, we'll come back with "Competition Classic" and make billions! Muahahahahaha!!

#1148 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The plan is to introduce a new, inferior ring and call it "New Competition". Then, when everyone hates it, we'll come back with "Competition Classic" and make billions! Muahahahahaha!!

Pure genius!

#1149 8 years ago

I love the bounce level right where it is now on the competition rings. If you do end up doing different bounce levels can you please call the ones your using now "classic" bounce so I know what ones to order? Thanks again for a superior rubber!

Agreed!!!

#1150 8 years ago

Well, I placed an order - for a whole bunch of 3/8" post rubbers for my wife's Nudge-It. I'm curious to see how they are.

As an aside, Titan - You're low on stock on something - my card registered a PHP error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/opencart/system/logs/orders.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/titanpin/public_html/catalog/controller/module/lowstockalert.php on line 5

Not sure if that means it wasn't able to write MY order to the log, OR, if it wasn't able to write a low-stock alert... Either way, may wanna check that error out.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/23?hl=in_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.