4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 58.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Never happened with black rubber.

they have a similar durometer as RED rubber, not black...

It says right on the website, "All sizes and colors of Competition Rings are engineered to provide the classic feel of red flipper rubber (Shore A45)"

#1052 8 years ago

dup

#1053 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What does the mini flipper rubbers and the 3/8 flipper rubbers fit?

3/8 is for most Gottlieb flippers (3/8 width).
Mini flippers would be like on TAF, the flipper on the left above the in/out lanes.
There's also the beaded flipper which the rubber is flat on the outside and has a bead all the way around the inside that fits into a groove on the flipper (many Gottlieb mini flippers are beaded). IDK, maybe this is what your mini flipper needs? Unless you are saying the rubber you had on it was round like a regular ring.

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It says right on the website, "All sizes and colors of Competition Rings are engineered to provide the classic feel of red flipper rubber (Shore A45)"

Just comparing them to black rubber sleeves because that's what they replaced. No air balls when hitting the black rubber, but air balls galore with Titan sleeves, cliffy sleeves and whatever other colored sleeves I've tried. Multiple games, different manufacturers - Sega, Williams, Dataeast.

And I'm not talking about black flipper rubber....black sleeves and post rubber. I've only seen those rubber in black anyway, never red on any game I've owned.

#1055 8 years ago

I don't get ANY greater or lessor amount of air balls wit titan post sleeves. I have found all the Titan products to play almost identical to white rubber on my whole game.

If anything i get less with cliffys as they are more dense than black. I prefer cliffy post sleeves for this reason.

#1056 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I should have said in my post that I knew they would be more bouncy than the black rubber and honestly I wasn't shocked that the sleeves created such a different reaction. I'm more surprised by how differently the slings play, balls that hit the very top of the sling used to be much more controllable with black slings in my opinion (and my scores have reflected that). On games that would typically have white rings this is okay, but coming from the black ones it makes a big difference. As I said, if I replaced the black rubber on the posts near the outlanes it may counter-act this and make it less of a outlane drain monster. On many games I don't think the extra bounciness is a problem, but on others it really seems to change game play. YYMV.

#1057 8 years ago

black rubber sucks anyway!

Man up and go white. then upgrade and go color.

"Play Better!!!!!"

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

3/8 is for most Gottlieb flippers (3/8 width).
Mini flippers would be like on TAF, the flipper on the left above the in/out lanes.
There's also the beaded flipper which the rubber is flat on the outside and has a bead all the way around the inside that fits into a groove on the flipper (many Gottlieb mini flippers are beaded). IDK, maybe this is what your mini flipper needs? Unless you are saying the rubber you had on it was round like a regular ring.

Someone said 1" rings might fit and they did.

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

black rubber sucks anyway!
Man up and go white. then upgrade and go color.
"Play Better!!!!!"

There are white rubber post sleeves and 1/2 bumpers?

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There are white rubber post sleeves and 1/2 bumpers?

sleeves = no
all other rubbers = yes

If you could figure out how to tune in your game, you would not get air balls.

thread is 7 months old and you are the first to have this feedback... Fix your game physics and you wont get air balls....

I have titan rubbers on 7? maybe 8 games now with NO issue. Buck up chimpmunk. learn to play better

#1061 8 years ago

Dude, pay attention. I'm saying that the sleeves and 1/2" bumper rubbers cause air balls in THE GAMES I'VE INSTALLED THEM IN.

That's it. No pissing. No moaning. Just stating facts as it pertains to me. You have stock in Titan rubbers? Are you a hired cheerleader? no? Then get a grip and let a customer voice his opinion on the product he spent money on.

#1062 8 years ago

And I've never seen white 1/2" post rubbers either. For clarification, see below.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/0466/products/545_5151_medium.jpg?v=1364561626

#1063 8 years ago

sorry, I was ribbing and a little buzzed last night. tried to denote that with smiley.

I have no affiliation with Titan, just like the product.
Bummed that you are getting air balls from post bumpers. What game in particular is this on? It seems to be largely feedback isolated to you/your game. IME when I get airballs on any game, more often than not it starts at the flipper and I find that a flipper rubber is either slightly too high or too low on the bat itself. Have you checked to see if the titan 1/2" post sleeves sit in the identical up/down position where you are using them? Sitting even a 1/16"inch lower can quickly cause lots of air balls.

Aside from that I would be surprised if the durometer/bounce is much different on titans from the black rubber fatties. You could do a simple test of making a board with side by side post sleeves and do a drop test to see the rebound height of a ball changes much w the sleeves. Small differences could also be coming in if the sleeves are not fitting as tight and changing the physics.

Maybe email directly with Titan and see if they have any thoughts or tests on this.

#1064 8 years ago

Just got done rebuildin the flippers on my Fire! Got the orange bats and orange Titans going. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1065 8 years ago

Here's Stargate with clear slings. I'm addicted to clear!IMG_20150926_121317278.jpgIMG_20150926_121317278.jpg

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Here's Stargate with clear slings. I'm addicted to clear!IMG_20150926_121317278.jpg

Clear is the new black buddy!

#1067 8 years ago

How does clear rubber look if you use normal GI lighting? I would imagine they would look best with color lights which would make the clear rubber kind of glow a certain color. I'm reluctant to buy them because my GI is just normal color.

#1068 8 years ago

They just take on the color of whatever illuminates them. Incandescent would give them a yellowish glow. If nothing is lighting them they look white from the players perspective.

Order a couple and try them. I'm glad that I did.

#1069 8 years ago

Cleared my Tron yesterday. They look great.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1070 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Cleared my Tron yesterday. They look great.
image.jpeg

God damn I need a tron. Haha. So badass

#1071 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair I've done a lot more than just put Titans on it - lol

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that thing looks awesome. I had fun watching Bowen struggle with it last night.

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

To be fair I've done a lot more than just put Titans on it - lol

Oh I know. Looks great!

#1074 8 years ago

My Titans just came in, but my diagram in my machines manual has print that isn't very clear in the places where rubber is supposed to go. Do you guys know of a source or database that has very clear diagrams for rubber placement?

Thanks!!

#1075 8 years ago

Sometimes depending on the game, there are nice diagrams right on Titans website.

#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

My Titans just came in, but my diagram in my machines manual has print that isn't very clear in the places where rubber is supposed to go. Do you guys know of a source or database that has very clear diagrams for rubber placement?
Thanks!!

What game?

#1077 8 years ago

Williams Millionaire. I checked no one has done anything on Titan's site yet

#1078 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Williams Millionaire. I checked no one has done anything on Titan's site yet

Is this chart on page 50 clearer than yours?

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1597/Williams_1987_Millionaire_Manual.pdf

#1079 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes the clears are badass on TRON, and yes, you must get one.....the machine just kills!!!

#1080 8 years ago

That is exactly what I have. I have it figured out now. I'm missing some 7/16 rings. Thanks Hootowls!!

#1081 8 years ago

Flipper rings on a Gilligan's I worked on,
Baby blue looks so dang good!

1GilligansWithTitans.PNG1GilligansWithTitans.PNG

#1082 8 years ago

Does anyone know if Titan has a contact number for support?

#1083 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Does anyone know if Titan has a contact number for support?

Sent PM

#1084 8 years ago

The clears look awesome on Xmen. Take my word, forgot to get pictures!

Anyone done Funhouse or BSD?

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pics or it didn't happen.

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Haha! Sorry, it is now in the possession of Project Pinball destined for a children's hospital somewhere.

I should note that the clears work very well for two things. First they let a lot of GI light through to help light the machines. Also, they take on the color of the GI lights, so they work well in games with multicolored or RGB GI lights. Here is a pic from WOZ with clear rubber and plastic protectors too. Both help the pitiful GI lighting in WOZ work better.

20151017_153641.jpg20151017_153641.jpg

#1087 8 years ago

Just put the Glow-in-the-dark rubbers on my Monster Bash. I think it totally matches the plastics and corny joke theme and looks great! Followed the manual and ended up a little short, so placing a follow-up order with Titan. I put an updated kit on their site for MB. Maybe some additional lighting from Pinball bulbs will really make them pop.

IMG_1424.jpgIMG_1424.jpg

#1088 8 years ago

Here's a thought. Play a game or two in the dark then turn off the game. See which rings glow most, and think of it as the game telling you, "You're not done, are you master? Come back to meeeee!"

#1089 8 years ago

You have a PM from me sir

#1090 8 years ago

I finally got to play a few games on a ST pro with Titan flipper rubbers and they felt great (as someone who hates superbands). Putting in an order for 11 sets soon!

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Anyone done Funhouse or BSD?

Here are a couple different colors for BSD. I chose purple for now... blue could look nice with black flipper bats.

BSD1.jpgBSD1.jpg
BSD2.jpgBSD2.jpg
BSD3.jpgBSD3.jpg
BSD4.jpgBSD4.jpg

The double orange looked so good on chuckwurt's Fire. Tried it on IJ and it's growing on me.
IJ1.jpgIJ1.jpg
IJ2.jpgIJ2.jpg

#1092 8 years ago

TOM
TOM1.jpgTOM1.jpg

#1093 8 years ago

I've had Titan rubbers on my TSPP for about a month now. The verdict is that they are awesome--I can barely tell the difference from these and standard red rubber. It's good stuff, far better than Super Bands.

#1094 8 years ago

Has any one else noticed how much grip you get between the flipper rubber and the ball?? I love it!!! On my machines I can actually catch the ball most times when it contacts the rubbers and slow it down ,or bring it to a stop to cradle. Also with that added grip I can aim most of my shots precisely where I want them to go.

#1095 8 years ago

Looks like I need to add these games to the ring DB tonight!

Black Knight
Space Mission
Centigrade 37
Strange World
Magic
Trident
Skateball
Lightning

I ordered a set in black for my new Shadow, and a sampler pack.

#1096 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has any one else noticed how much grip you get between the flipper rubber and the ball?? I love it!!! On my machines I can actually catch the ball most times when it contacts the rubbers and slow it down ,or bring it to a stop to cradle. Also with that added grip I can aim most of my shots precisely where I want them to go.

I don't notice any difference between these and regular rubbers in this regard.

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't notice any difference between these and regular rubbers in this regard.

Maybe he is thinking of Superbands.

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has any one else noticed how much grip you get between the flipper rubber and the ball?? I love it!!!

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

#1099 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have said no difference, but the difference between Titans and regular rubbers is so much less than superbands it's night and day.

You get great dead bounces with them (Titans), and the ball doesn't stick to them and crawl down the flipper bat like SBs.

#1100 8 years ago

I do notice a little more grip than regular rubber at times when the ball is spinning off of a slingshot or post. I also notice a little less bounce than red rubber (though that may depend on the red rubber you have), bounce is probably closer to black rubber.

What I don't notice is any slowdown of the ball as it transitions from the inlane to the flipper like Superbands or the way Superbands seem to slightly "pull" the shot, I assume due to the extra grip.

Maybe I'm imagining the differences, I should try some A, B, C experiments.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.