4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.
    #1001 3 years ago

Any Safe Cracker flipper rubbers yet?
    magicchiz

#1002 3 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Will adhesive stick to silicone well?

Yes - there's this really good adhesive on the market - it's called silicone!

LOL

#1003 3 years ago

Matt -
    There are 2 different cross-section sizes for a 3/8" I.D. ring - 3/16" and 1/4". Can you make the 1/4" available? Was installing a 3/8" I.D. silicone on a modern Stern game and found that it looked odd (too thin) in comparison to the stock rubber ring.

#1004 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

LOL

Until it dries, that is. Once silicone had cured, even more silicone doesn't stick to it well.

#1005 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

LOL

Good luck with that. You'll get inconsistent results at best going that route. I've worked with 2 part casting silicone and the results, even with the exact same type of silicone, when trying to adhere uncured to cured can result in peices that easily pull apart. Sometimes it makes an inseparable bond, but there are a lot of factors, like contaminants and cleanliness of the cured silicone that affect it. And what's Matt supposed to do, give you a small sealed tube of caulk with every stand-up target pad and wish you luck? I don't think that's going to work.

#1006 3 years ago

I just did my Capt Fantastic in silicone. It's not crazy, just white rings everywhere except the flippers, where I went with yellow instead of red, just because I think it looks cool.

Brad

#1007 3 years ago

Hey Matt maybe get some different color posts each dressed with every color you carry. As i was having a hard time picturing red post with orange or gray or yellow or ....

So yeah I ended up picking white for most.

So on your site you would pick the style and color post and a row of the same color post in a row with each of your color rings on.

My Black Hole is next glad to see you have Gottlieb flippers!!!

#1008 3 years ago
    Quoted from Magicchiz:

Any Safe Cracker flipper rubbers yet?

I'd like to try to bring these in with the ramp ends and a couple of other small pieces. We should be able to start working on molds in the very near future.

It looks like adhering the silicone to the metal behind a target is problematic. As suggested earlier, I think I'll look into developing a channel so the piece could slide on. We'll see where that leads.

#1009 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

As suggested earlier, I think I'll look into developing a channel so the piece could slide on. We'll see where that leads.

I don't have much experience with the variety of stand-up targets available, but are there enough differences that a one size fits all wouldn't be feasible if going the route of sliding it over? Just something to think about, I guess.

#1010 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Hey Matt maybe get some different color posts each dressed with every color you carry. As i was having a hard time picturing red post with orange or gray or yellow or ....
    So yeah I ended up picking white for most.
    So on your site you would pick the style and color post and a row of the same color post in a row with each of your color rings on.
    My Black Hole is next glad to see you have Gottlieb flippers!!!

Am I misunderstanding what you're asking? Aren't most all Titan products available in all colors? I bought pink post sleeves for Caribbean Cruise and recall having a lot of color options when purchasing.

#1011 3 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I don't have much experience with the variety of stand-up targets available, but are there enough differences that a one size fits all wouldn't be feasible if going the route of sliding it over? Just something to think about, I guess.

It's quite possible this will be a problem. I'm going to need to get in front of a good variety of machines and take some measurements.

#1012 3 years ago

Hey Everyone I have been having fun with these Titan Competition rings in doing my last three restoration/Shops outs. They look PHENOMENAL and my customers love them! Here is my most recent project on a SPIDERMAN I just acquired from another pinsider that I will be delivering to a customer this week. I used primarily red rings but also used green and blue in strategic areas based on color scheme and the LED's I was using. Let me know what you think!20150913_170257.jpg20150913_170215.jpg20150913_170204.jpg20150913_170142.jpg20150913_170117.jpg20150913_170539.jpg20150913_170356.jpg20150913_170334.jpg

#1013 3 years ago

Has anyone images of a T2 with Titan Competition Silicone Rings?

#1015 3 years ago

These are great, I have them on most of my games and have some waiting to go on the other game once I tear it down. They play like new white rubber, and continue to play like new white rubber long after white rubber stops playing well.

#1016 3 years ago

Final pics of my Escape project in silicone. Let's see how they hold up on location!

image_3.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image.jpg

#1017 3 years ago

Do the black silicone rubbers give off black like standard black rubbers?

#1018 3 years ago
    Quoted from dawasa:

shouldn't. but there can be some very minor flaking at first (any color) from the flash that can be present from the moulding process.

#1019 3 years ago
    Quoted from dawasa:

I have black rings on my EBDLE and it got played a ton for a weekend at the Cleveland pinball show. No wear on the rings or black crap everywhere. Really the only wear I could see was to my new drop targets that got pummeled all weekend haha. Also had my Big Game there with Green and Red rings on it. I just had to wipe down the sling rings, and the flipper rings, and they look like new!

#1020 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Final pics of my Escape project in silicone. Let's see how they hold up on location!

That game looks so awesome and I'm not just talking about the Titan rings.

#1021 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

That game looks so awesome and I'm not just talking about the Titan rings.

I thought the same thing. Looks like a really cool game.

#1022 3 years ago

Game is Bally Escape from the Lost World. Quite uncommon at 1500 units made. How many of these do you see on location these days?

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/escape-from-the-lost-world

#1023 3 years ago

Just got my High hand up & running good... stayed conservative with Titan silicone white rings & red flipper rubbers. The Titans seem "bouncier" than standard rubber - really makes this old wedgehead come alive . I like it!

#1024 3 years ago

Crash, where do you have your games on location? A place you own? A touristy spot like Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?

#1025 3 years ago

I work for an operator. Most of our stuff is at a laundromat in Lebanon. Search the map for Holiday Wash. We have some other stuff in town as well.

#1026 3 years ago

I'd say the players are definitely liking the new flipper feel!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#1027 3 years ago

Post 1024 (round number in computing). Saw these on the same Elvira at that arcade I mentioned before. I seriously thought he was using translucent yellow rings on the flippers, looks weird! The bats are actually yellow so I don't know why it showed up white on camera. It's a dark place with black lights so that could be why.

image.jpg

#1028 3 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know of my recent experience with Titan. I ordered a kit and while installing it found that it was missing 3 pieces. Double checked against the manual and sure enough, the kit was wrong. I contacted Titan and asked if they would be willing to help with the shipping cost because the shipping was going to be the same price as the 3 rings. They did me one better, they sent the pieces free of charge. Way above what I was asking or expected. IMO - its my responsibility to validate that what I ordered was correct for my game, not them. I received the rings in the mail as promised.

I couldn't be happier with their product and their service.

How do the rings play? Dont know yet. Still have to finish the game.

Thanks Titan!!!!

#1029 3 years ago

Bought my first set of Titan rings last week. I really like how they play and look... I got black for the rings and yellow for flips.

Titan MET.jpg

#1030 3 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Bought my first set of Titan rings last week. I really like how they play and look... I got black for the rings and yellow for flips.
    Titan MET.jpg

Steelers flippers. Yuck. Haha. Jk. Looks cool. I like the yellows Titan has.

#1031 3 years ago

What size rings would go on mini flippers like these?

image-5.jpg

#1032 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

What size rings would go on mini flippers like these?

Hard for me to tell but maybe you can make something out using this parts manual (starting on pg 66).

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_Playfield_1987/index.html#/66/

#1033 3 years ago

I have looked at the manual and it doesn't say anything about those smaller flipper rubbers.

I'll probably just try some different ring sizes I have lying around to see which one fits. It's round rubber not flat rubber like the regular flippers. What does the mini flipper rubbers and the 3/8 flipper rubbers fit?

#1034 3 years ago

I've used 1" rings on those.

#1035 3 years ago

I green'd up my AFM...added my kit to the titan DB as well if anyone else wants it!

63609765-2050-4AA7-AA42-3A07855B4DEA1.jpg

IMG_06841.jpg

FA4F4602-593C-4E7F-BDAB-E68F5B08E26F1.jpg

#1036 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I green'd up my AFM...added my kit to the titan DB as well if anyone else wants it!

63609765-2050-4AA7-AA42-3A07855B4DEA1.jpg IMG_06841.jpg FA4F4602-593C-4E7F-BDAB-E68F5B08E26F1.jpg

Looks great!

#1037 3 years ago

Any timeline on when the new molds will be out? T-posts, etc.

#1038 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I've used 1" rings on those.

Thanks, I'll try those.

#1039 3 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Any timeline on when the new molds will be out? T-posts, etc.

As soon as possible. The tooling isn't cheap, so we have to shore up a little from the last big order.
    They are still on the agenda, as well as some other misc. pieces.

I'm still hopeful we can have everything we want to carry by the end of the year.

#1040 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

we have to shore up a little from the last big order

So everyone needs to being buying Titan rings!

I still need to populate more of my games with Titans.

#1041 3 years ago

Just ordered a clear kit for Tron with orange post sleeves. Can't wait to get it installed

Any chance you'll make the little bumpers that go by the spinning disc in the back?

52410.jpg

#1042 3 years ago

any chance Titan will be at expo?

I would love to pick up more bulk translucent and save on shipping

#1043 3 years ago

I put the GITD rubbers on my AMH and have to say I really like the feel of the competition rubbers.

#1044 3 years ago

Added a little color to Breakshot!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1045 3 years ago

Just got my order of rubbers from Titan and I can say that the post sleeves and 1/2" post rubbers cause MAJOR airballs just like the other colored sleeves I've tried in my games. Installed orange rubbers in Space Jam and they look great, but I get airballs landing in the wireforms now. Never happened with black rubber. Same as with other brands when installed in other games and had to take them out and use black rubber. I'll keep them in Space Jam since I'm selling it and they look great though, but if I was keeping the game I'd have to use black again.

Also got colored rubber for my Breakshot, funny that someone else did too. Wondering how it will affect game play, but again I'm selling this one too, so they'll stay regardless.

#1046 3 years ago

Just noticed this but Matt likes to include an extra piece here and there out of courtesy. We really appreciate your consideration for your customers!

#1047 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Just got my order of rubbers from Titan and I can say that the post sleeves and 1/2" post rubbers cause MAJOR airballs just like the other colored sleeves I've tried in my games. Installed orange rubbers in Space Jam and they look great, but I get airballs landing in the wireforms now. Never happened with black rubber. Same as with other brands when installed in other games and had to take them out and use black rubber. I'll keep them in Space Jam since I'm selling it and they look great though, but if I was keeping the game I'd have to use black again.
    Also got colored rubber for my Breakshot, funny that someone else did too. Wondering how it will affect game play, but again I'm selling this one too, so they'll stay regardless.

I've been putting off posting about this so I'm glad you broke the ice. I put competition slings, flipper and sleeves on my MM and it makes the outlanes drain like CRAZY compared to the black rubber I previously had on it. It may be because I still just have black rubber on the posts at the top of the outlanes but my scores have gone down like crazy since I've put these on. Like you I'm also getting a tremendous amount of airballs, mainly when I drill one of the sleeves near the ramps with a missed shot and the ball comes flying back - often hitting the wire rail if it's the peasant ramp I missed. I really like how these look and how easy they are to clean but I'm not good enough to have my scores drop so drastically so I think I'll have to go back to black rubber, at least on MM.

#1048 3 years ago

You could've saved me a few $$ if you didn't put off posting.

Was really hoping for better performance out of the Titan sleeves and post rubbers, but same un-pinball like behavior as the Cliffys and other colored posts I tried. I'd rather have a pinball machine play as it was designed than add a few splashes of color.

Swapped these over to my No Fear last night and it was Airball city! Way too many posts on NF to allow this behavior since the black rubber on the posts just brick my shots and don't launch them all over the place.

I can't recommend these to anyone because of the game changing physics these introduce. Slings are one thing - they're fine and look great, but not any rubber going on posts on either side of ramps or major shots.

My wife noticed the airballs right away on Space Jam, and was like "damn!". Not fun.

Although I'm glad I forgot to add the glow in the dark rubbers to my order for both my TFTC pins because that would've been a total waste of money.

#1049 3 years ago

They work perfecto on my Gottleb High hand EM pin. Nice & bouncy.
    Zero complaints here.

#1050 3 years ago

They bounce like white rubbers, not black, ie. way more bouncy. I like it personally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 9.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 239.00
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside