4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 53.
    #951 4 years ago

I put a 2.5" on the right slingshot on my Batman Forever. It calls for 2.75", but the 2.5" work perfectly fine.

#952 4 years ago

To me 2.5" is a little tight, and that may be why the original ring was fraying at the corners. But then again, it's rubber.

#953 4 years ago

My orders came in today. I didn't expect both in one day, great timing! Everything is packed very well. Really like the new colors I'm trying.

#954 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

My orders came in today. I didn't expect both in one day, great timing! Everything is packed very well. Really like the new colors I'm trying.

I agree. I ordered mine late Thursday night, just got them. Also trying orange for the first time and they look great!

#955 4 years ago

Yeah! The orange flipper rings look fantastic. Going to put them on Tales from the Crypt!

#956 4 years ago

If I buy the kit I make, do I get the discount? Maybe I just made a kit that people were looking for.

#957 4 years ago

I don't see why not, you contributed your time to make the kit. It would be a good motivator for people to add more to the database.

#958 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I buy the kit I make, do I get the discount? Maybe I just made a kit that people were looking for.

Yes. For every kit you make you get a discount on that purchase.

#959 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you make a kit, and then purchase it, you should receive store credit after the purchase.
    Anyone who buys the kit from now on will also earn you store credit.

#960 4 years ago

Just ordered rings for my AFM restore. Excited to see what they look like.

#961 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Just ordered rings for my AFM restore. Excited to see what they look like.

What color did you get? I did my AFM in GITD, and they're awesome looking.

#962 4 years ago

That the second time I have seen GITD. What is it?

I went red in most places with green in a couple spots where the plastics are predominately green.

#963 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That the second time I have seen GITD. What is it?

Glow In The Dark

#964 4 years ago

LoL you kids and your slang terms.

Thanks.

I considered it here but I never play in the dark so it came down to clear or colored and I went colored. If I don't like the colored I'm going to go white and be done with it.

#965 4 years ago

Like chuckwurt said, glow in the dark. They don't really glow all that much (a little during Strobe Multiball), but the slight hint of green and somewhat translucent to pick up light from GI really fits nicely with the game, in my opinion.

I left my TZ white, but all the others, I ended up liking some color. It was a bit of a shock to the system at first, but once my brain rewired, it's fun to be able to customize a little more.

#966 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

LoL you kids and your slang terms.
    Thanks.
    I considered it here but I never play in the dark so it came down to clear or colored and I went colored. If I don't like the colored I'm going to go white and be done with it.

Red looks great on AFM. watch the papa video with Bowen playing you can see them on it there. Unless someone else is making colored rings that I didn't know about.

#967 4 years ago

Here are a few more games I've done today.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#968 4 years ago

What game is that last pic?

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Blue is an inspired choice for EAPTM. Nice job!

#971 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Did you just do the flipper rubbers or all the rubbers with the Titan rubbers?

#972 4 years ago

Everything in Titan on Escape. Others I'm still converting.

#973 4 years ago

I like their website but I wish the ring diagrams were readily available so you could color them accordingly. And I'm still hoping for an LED kit database where we can share our ideas for LED setups.

#974 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like their website but I wish the ring diagrams were readily available so you could color them accordingly. And I'm still hoping for an LED kit database where we can share our ideas for LED setups.

I think an LED version is so much more involved when we are talking about games that can have over 100 bulbs and you could have 10-20 different types of bulbs easily. Plus it's hard to get LED setups to take good pictures or videos so others can see what that configuration truly looks like.

#975 4 years ago

Frankenstein in gray.

image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

#976 4 years ago

I added Silverball Mania to the kit database.

IMG_20150831_054615251.jpg

I like them a lot!

#977 4 years ago

Just added clear competition rubbers for my Tron and Now I'll enver go back to the regular old rubbers. These things are dynamite!

#978 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just added clear competition rubbers for my Tron and Now I'll enver go back to the regular old rubbers. These things are dynamite!

Indeed, such a simple idea - why did it take so long for someone to think of using silicone? Congrats to Titan for pioneering these.

#979 4 years ago

Stupid question of the day....

What's the best way to measure the existing rubbers so I can ensure that I buy the correct replacements? I think my 1968 Safari would look great in Orange. I'm assuming that I just measure the diameter of the ring when pulled from the game and laying on the table?

#980 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What's the best way to measure the existing rubbers so I can ensure that I buy the correct replacements? I think my 1968 Safari would look great in Orange. I'm assuming that I just measure the diameter of the ring when pulled from the game and laying on the table?

First check the manual (of course with Gottlieb if you don't have it you won't find it without buying). Outside of that understand that older rings will stretch. You can print off this though:

rubberchart.jpg

#981 4 years ago

Vid1900 posted this somewhere else earlier in the thread : http://pbresource.com/rubber/rubberchart.jpg

Depending on age though, some of them may not snap back to original size. Also (apparently) the silicone is stretchier than regular rubber, so at very large sizes, some say to use something a bit smaller.

#982 4 years ago

I love my clear rings (nice glow with leds)and the red bats20150621_210350.jpg20150621_210454.jpg from Titan, thats where im getting my rings from for now on, plays real fast!

#983 4 years ago

What's the best way to measure the existing rubbers so I can ensure that I buy the correct replacements?

You should be OK asking Steve for sizes and quantities. Manual should call out most.
    But like my Silverball Mania no mention of rebound rubber or the small guard posts for protecting the spinners.

I noticed for the 1" rubbers the distance between the posts was about two inches.
    There was one 2" ring and the distance between was about 3.5" with a switch in between. So you could kind of figure out just using common sense and how tight you want the ring if you want to really customize the field.

So many cool colors. If it doesn't work on one machine it will work on something else.

#984 4 years ago

Looking forward to getting my Titan fix!

Not so much looking forward to picking them up..

Tax + customs fee, approximately $125!

Axl

#985 4 years ago

Got mine in the mail last Friday. Now just have to put the machine back together.

#986 4 years ago

Do these "rings" dirty a machine up as quick as the factory ones. I have a TWD with the factory black rubbers and it seems to get dirty real quick and leaves marks on the posts fast. Was hoping installing these on my machines would eliminate these problems. What has been everyone's experience so far?

#987 4 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

What has been everyone's experience so far?

They dont do any dirting themself as they dont shed like black rubbers. They also stay clean for a long time and wipe up to clean with a slightly damp rag.

#988 4 years ago

Placed my order for 4 machines worth of rubber on Wednesday evening, items were shipped Thursday and I received them today (Saturday). That to me was excellent customer service and quick shipping. Can't wait to install and see how they play and hold up. Thank you!

#989 4 years ago

Someone just gave me a suggestion to bring in small pieces to put behind targets in place of foam.
    I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

#990 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Someone just gave me a suggestion to bring in small pieces to put behind targets in place of foam.

I like it. The foam compresses, contributes to bent targets, and then airballs..

I would also love to see the rubber grommets that go on the end of ramps.

#991 4 years ago

cool idea, IF it works. Would need some sort of compression to help absorb hit force and not bend standup brackets. Not sure how silicone pads would play?

#992 4 years ago

I am picturing little square pads that have a rectangular void(offset) that you would slip over the targets backing plate. Putting them on may be hard and measurements would need to be pretty presice to get a snug fit. Like bicycle hand grips slip on. But don't come off. That would be the trick not working off.

I do not think it would help at all not bending the target stop bar it may be worse. But you would not have material shedding. And once again with astetics look great. Yellow target orange silicon backing pad.

Yes a very cool idea!

#993 4 years ago

What is the correct flipper rubber size on your website for Gottlieb Flippers? Looking to place and order for my Cue Ball Wizard and the drop down is not clear to me.

I assume flipper 3/8 ?

#994 4 years ago

I believe so yes.

#995 4 years ago

Yes, that is correct.

#996 4 years ago

Tales from the Crypt in orange and yellow. Kinda gives it an electric Halloween look. And players are already noticing the improved bounce.

image_1.jpgimage.jpg

#997 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I would also love to see the rubber grommets that go on the end of ramps.

We still plan to bring those in. I am going to start on the CAD pretty soon.

Thank you all for the feedback concerning the "foam". I think I'll go ahead and get to work on these.
    I'm not sure I can have manufactured with adhesive. I will probably just have to include double sided adhesive with each order.

#998 4 years ago

We still plan to bring those in. I am going to start on the CAD pretty soon.
    Thank you all for the feedback concerning the "foam". I think I'll go ahead and get to work on these.
    I'm not sure I can have manufactured with adhesive. I will probably just have to include double sided adhesive with each order.

Will adhesive stick to silicone well?

#999 4 years ago

Good question. I'll need to experiment with some different types.

#1000 4 years ago

Would be awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Gold Wings Repro Ramp Out of stock
    Vandelay Industries
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 248.85
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 89.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside