4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 53.
    #51 4 years ago

Do the translucent ones turn white when they are stretched?

#52 4 years ago

Not that I can tell.
    I just went and stretched a bunch of them, and didn't see any discernible difference.
    If it they do, it's minimal.

#53 4 years ago

We've added a sample pack for the new rings. It's smaller than the regular rings, to keep the price down. I'm up for any suggestions on the content of the sample pack.

#54 4 years ago

I would say that it would be advantageous to include at least one of every type rubber in the kit and offer two color options: All of one color of your choice, or a mix determined by Titan (not sure how many colors there are)

#55 4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas!

I particularly like the color option. I'll go about adding that in asap.

#56 4 years ago

So cool! When it's time to re-rubber one of my games, I think I'll give these a shot and maybe try some colors, too.

#57 4 years ago

Ordered some clear rings for the slings. The pinballcenter / PBL clear rings have been too stiff for me. Looking forward to trying these out!

Post edited by Erik: meant to try out some clear shooter tips too but forgot. Next time!

#58 4 years ago

Instead of doing kits for specific games you might want to consider selling bulk sets similar to pbl.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Post edited by Erik: meant to try out some clear shooter tips too but forgot. Next time!

Yea, yea, I can take a hint

I threw a couple in there for you.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Instead of doing kits for specific games you might want to consider selling bulk sets similar to pbl.

This is all I buy these days. I am curious now also how much better the Titan whites will be over the normal whites out there now. the last few tubs I have bought have been breaking and just not feeling like normal white rubber. I also live in Arizona, so was thinking it might be the heat they get subjected to in shipping. I don't want to have to piece together a set for a game so a tub or a kit would work better for me.

#61 4 years ago

Have you tried GID powder in the clear ones yet? I would love to have a set to go with my Glo-Balls for the Viper Night Drivin. The more UV the better!

#62 4 years ago

You have a coupon code field. Is there a Pinsider discount?

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Unfortunately, I will not be making it to Texas.

We are working on some new incentives for people to add kits to our database: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/
    Hopefully we can get it rolling soon and have multiple kits to offer.

Rubber kits are really easy to make from the manuals btw. Grab them from ipdb and make kits. It'll be awesome for your sales

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Rubber kits are really easy to make from the manuals btw. Grab them from ipdb and make kits. It'll be awesome for your sales

Except when manuals are wrong. Not that I have a lot of examples, but JP has at least 2 mistakes in the manual with regards to the required rubbers. If you went by the manual, you'd have one less standard post sleeve than you need and an extra slingshot sized rubber that the manual indicates is somewhere in front of the t-rex... It's probably best for an owner to at least confirm if the manual is correct.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Except when manuals are wrong. Not that I have a lot of examples, but JP has at least 2 mistakes in the manual with regards to the required rubbers. If you went by the manual, you'd have one less standard post sleeve than you need and an extra slingshot sized rubber that the manual indicates is somewhere in front of the t-rex... It's probably best for an owner to at least confirm if the manual is correct.

Perhaps true on occasion, but I have gone by the manual on putting in new rubbers and by far way more correct than if an LED kit was made from a manual.

#66 4 years ago

just created a kit for the williams joust machine. actually created 2 kits by mistake when I hit the wrong button and "tweaked" a kit, rather than "updating" the original kit.

titan pinball:
    please remove the kit with the comments "duplicate kit created by mistake"

#67 4 years ago

Kits are frequently wrong...or inaccurate I might should rather say. Even Pinball Resource kits have a stray extra or missing mini-post or something. Just stocking a supply of regular whites is what I recommend...but these colored jobs are much more game and use specific (and a little more expensive) where kits are needed more and need to be right.

#68 4 years ago

I can help make kits off my games. Only have a handful of games, but would be happy to figure out exactly what each game needs.

#69 4 years ago

Okay can someone with a Crescendo manual tell me all the rubber sizes?

What? Nobody has a Crescendo manual? =|

#70 4 years ago

Are the translucent ones similar to the ones sold by pinball center?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/120-premium-rubber-set-transparent-p-6445.html?language=english

I would buy kits like that^^

I actually ordered 4 kits from them aboput 2 months ago but they seem to be lost in transit/customs so it would be nice to actually get a similar product stateside.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

I have to disagree. From my experience the manuals are a bad source of accurate information. For example, many list slingshot rings as having 2" rubbers. That's just crazy tight, and they won't last long. I have always used 2-1/2" rings and had a good fit with no splitting issues. Also, I have noticed that posts and ring configurations change between the time a manual was printed and the final playfield build.

I have a question regarding price. I think the flipper rings, at least on the surface, offer a better value than Super Bands strictly on price (and like you said, similar material properties). However, looking at your original rings vs. these new competition ones... what all has changed to explain the price gap? IE, 2-1/2" rings being $0.56, and the competition ones being almost a dollar more. I understand it's a new product of course, but if I'm going to convert all the route games we run to these Titan rings what would be the big benefit of added cost reliability wise? I'm not trying to nitpick, but a ~3x price increase is pretty significant when buying lots of these things for a route setting.

I was going to hold out for the Super Bands full ring sets but looking at your attractive prices I just have a feeling they are going to be much more expensive.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

However, looking at your original rings vs. these new competition ones... what all has changed to explain the price gap?

I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that the original Titan colored rings are made out of a rubber that's more similar to standard rubber rings, and not silicone. I guess it's a matter of whether or not the silicone rings will last significantly longer, and if you find the other benefits such as potentially easier cleaning to be worth it to you. I think any accumulated dirt on them would wipe off pretty easily.

I think a lot of the dirt on playfields comes from standard rubber rings rubbing off on the ball kind of how rubber soles of shoes can leave skid marks on hard floors, but I could be wrong about that. I would think the silicone rings would be much less likely to transfer material onto the ball, so my hope is it results in a generally cleaner game. I guess that remains to be seen.

I'll be installing a full set in my JP for an expo over the weekend and will report back with results afterwards.

#73 4 years ago

OH.. Nevermind then. I missed the part about them being made from actual shore A45 rubber. And now that you mention it I think he said something about the real silicone ones being "on hold" several months ago (which are what this newest thread is announcing). I think what happened was Art mistakenly referred to them as silicone rings in his thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/really-specialsilicone-ringsall-colorsnew-to-marketmust-see

Yeah I would really like to see how the new competition rings fare in an expo setting.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Great idea. I'm on this I'll make so you can choose flipper and post rubber colors separately.

Quoted from BSavage:

Have you tried GID powder in the clear ones yet? I would love to have a set to go with my Glo-Balls for the Viper Night Drivin. The more UV the better!

I haven't thought of that. I could always ask my manufacturer for kicks and giggles.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Are the translucent ones similar to the ones sold by pinball center?

I'm not sure. I don't know what they are made from. Judging from a few of the comments, I would guess ours are softer / bouncier.

-
    @Crash - Yes, the original rings are standard SBR rubber which are much cheaper to manufacture. The Competition rings are the ones that were in development for quite some time (that Art alluded to). The price difference comes primarily from the cost of the new material. We also have certain quality demands from the manufacturer that cost a bit. Add in the mold manufacturing and shipping, and it gets up there. These are meant to last a long time with minimal maintenance. I personally believe they are worth the investment (I'd better ).

Quoted from TunaSled:

You have a coupon code field. Is there a Pinsider discount?

Right now there is a 10% discount on the Competition Rings until the end of March. TITAN10
    When it expires, we plan to have a permanent discount for Pinsiders.

-
    I want to thank everyone for the kit input. The biggest reason I don't input them from the manual is the color variations. Without a machine in front of me, it's difficult to see a lot of the rings and choose an appropriate color. The idea behind the database is to see the permutations people come up with, and give customers several options per game.

Eventually, it will be updated to give an automatic discount to the creator of the kit. Until then, if anyone makes a kit and then buys it, send me a PM and I'll do a refund on the back end.

The support so far had been amazing. I am really excited to see people's opinions when they put them in play!

#75 4 years ago

Matt,thanks I just dropped and order with you guys the discount code worked all good! I also took a few minutes and created a Nascar Kit I did leave a note for whoever uses it to be aware there will be two black post sleeves missing per Sterns manual. Looking forward to getting these and giving you some good feedback! Throw me a bone with a handful of your led's if I like them I will put together an order for couple hundred
    Preston

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I think what happened was Art mistakenly referred to them as silicone rings in his thread.

Yup, I received silicone samples and jumped up and down, before I knew that rubber was first on the list......I personally am very pleased with Silicone, but I dont play extensively to share long term
    opinions.....I can say they clean easy, bounce nicely, handle light well, and help eliminate all the rubber dust and trails.

I am also quite confident, there will be opinions that state the exact opposite....so, as usual, its personal taste.....I just think in many cases, clear is such a sweet look....

#77 4 years ago

Getting ready to shop out a Genesis, might try the clear rings with some black light bulbs.

#78 4 years ago

3 of us in our group just placed a batch order, looking forward to testing these out. Another nice way to customize your pin

#79 4 years ago

OPG that's what I just ordered were the translucent silicone. We were at the Fla. expo the other week and we grabbed a pair of red stupid bands can't wait to get up to Md. to try the machine shopped w/ some new product it was already wicked fast.

#80 4 years ago

Put in an order this morning. I'm hearing nothing but good things so far and am replacing some rubbers anyway so why not? Thanks for helping to push innovation forward! By the way is there a confirmation that the discount code went through? I typed it in and clicked "update cart" and did see "you saved ~$1.75" on my ~$45 order. Should have been $4.50, did it mean the bulk discount on my LEDs? Just never saw a confirmation message on the discount code.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

By the way is there a confirmation that the discount code went through?

The quantity discounts are automatic. The "You Saved.." is for the discount code. I double checked just to be sure. The total amount of your "Discounts" is correct. Thanks again!

#82 4 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up. I probably just misread it. Tiny iPhone screens can be annoying.

#83 4 years ago

It does suck that most manuals are wrong for the games when I comes to rubber sizes because it would be much easier to just buy a kit tailored for each game and buy a few extra as you saw fit. Ah well.

#84 4 years ago

Just a comment about your website Matt. I can't seem to find a link to the kits from the homepage. Am I missing something? I had to get to the kit page by the link in this topic, or typing 'kits' after your website in the address bar.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

Am I missing something?

Unfortunately not. I'm still working on the integration. I need to put that towards the top of the list.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

It does suck that most manuals are wrong for the games when I comes to rubber sizes because it would be much easier to just buy a kit tailored for each game and buy a few extra as you saw fit. Ah well.

Many games got additional posts in latter parts of the run, so even if the manual was correct when published, it may have changed as the year went on.

Many bally manuals skip the small post rubbers altogether.

#87 4 years ago

I received my order today and will be installing this evening.

With just handling some of the rings, they seem well-made and the colors are vibrant. I have some orange, red, yellow and light blue. I stretched a few just to see how they compare to standard rubbers and they feel comparably stretchy. I think they'll stretch over posts and install just like standard rings.

The main difference just on visual inspection alone from standard rubbers is that the silicone rings are much slicker whereas the standard rubbers end up with more of a matte/chalky look to them. I'm curious to see if there's any noticeable change in overall gameplay.

I'm particularly interested in seeing how the post sleeves will affect play in JP vs. the Cliffy posts that I current have installed. The Titan Competition sleeves seem less rigid, so I'm betting they'll be bouncier, maybe closer to standard rubber and the gameplay may end up closer to the game designer's intention.

More feedback to come.

Thanks,
    Jim

EDIT: Oooh, I just noticed that the rings have an identifying inscription on one side. No guessing what size they are or having to hold them up to a size chart!

#88 4 years ago

Keep us posted!

#89 4 years ago

Yes, also let us know how well they hold up over time, though obviously that will take time.

#90 4 years ago

You can always do this for speedy and professional results!

#91 4 years ago

I figured out how to add a kit to the database, but two questions:

1) It seems to only allow "rubber rings" to be added -- does this mean the kit would not work with the new silicone "competition" rings?

2) Is there an automated way to order the kit I just made? Or do I need to manually add each item from the kit to my cart?

#92 4 years ago

Very well done Titan. Love the translucents!

#93 4 years ago

I just ordered a couple flipper sets to try out.

#94 4 years ago

I finished up my installation. All rings were replaced, with the exception of two tiny post rings I missed when putting together my list. I love the colors!

Installation was a breeze. They behave just like regular rubber rings for installation purposes. I haven't played yet, but will report back after some play testing. I did manually roll the ball around the pf and it seems to get some good bounce off of these rubbers.

By the way, I ended up replacing the metal posts with star posts and avoided the ring stacking I had originally planned. The plastic posts look a lot better and hopefully won't negatively impact play.

Here's a couple pics from my phone. I'll get some better pics with a DSLR when I can convince my wife to take them.
    IMG_20150304_231308.jpg
    IMG_20150304_231241.jpg

#95 4 years ago

Was really hoping to get clear silicone or rubber rings for my STTNG but it requires 3 1/2 inch for the slingshots

#96 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see how durable these are.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from JBBOPT:

Was really hoping to get clear silicone or rubber rings for my STTNG but it requires 3 1/2 inch for the slingshots

JP calls for 2 3/4", but I went with 2 1/2" and it stretched out just fine and isn't too tight. I know mine was just a 1/4" difference, but maybe 3" would work for you?

#98 4 years ago

I've played a few games and will post more, but I've got a good impression so far. They're definitely bouncy, probably moreso than the older rubbers I had.

The post sleeves are definitely bouncier than the Cliffy ones. The ball ends up airborne a lot more now when hitting the posts at high speeds, though some of that is likely also attributed to tightening up the screws in the flipper assemblies. I'm not sure how this behavior compares to the standard rubber post sleeves in JP since I haven't had those installed.

#99 4 years ago

Just ordered an assortment of the new silicone rings. Can't wait to try them out!

Any plans to make larger sizes?

#100 4 years ago

Dang my order shipped immediately and is slated to arrive tomorrow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.00
    $ 254.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 4,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside