4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 58.
#751 8 years ago

These are from Sexy Girl:

384428.jpg384428.jpg

#752 8 years ago

384430.jpg384430.jpg

#753 8 years ago

384429.jpg384429.jpg

#754 8 years ago

Feel free to use my pics as well, though they are pretty poor. Next time the glass is off, I'll take some with the SLR.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

How about rubber flipper link stop grommets? Replacing these with silicone will help with longevity and will not dirty up the mechs.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00
Also I think these grommets are used for generic solenoids. Are they interchangeable so just one kind can be used?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6577

I've got another grommet to add to the list: 23-6420 (new substitute part no.: 38-6420)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6420

these were originally made in a semi-translucent amber color, but transparent would work just as well. they are found on the bottom of a lot of the coil brackets that have bell armatures. on some of the older machines, the original grommets have all but dried up, cracked and fallen apart.

according to the moll.no pinball parts list database, a total of 292 are called for across just about every wpc/wpc-95/pin 2k title

#756 8 years ago

Do you already have 5" in the works for Gottliebs?

#757 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions so far! My only concern is that I don't know if silicone is the right choice to use on mechs. I think I'll have to choose one size to invest in and see how it holds up. Then we can see about bringing in the others.

Does anyone know the proper part numbers for the "end of ramp" pieces?

Quoted from shimoda:

Do you already have 5" in the works for Gottliebs?

Actually, I needed to ask you about this. You have the 4 and 4 1/2 prototype. Do they fit well? I was curious if the 4 1/2 could be used in place of a 5 inch. I know when the rings get that large, they tend to stretch quite a bit.

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

If it doesn't interfere with my nap, I'll give it a shot!

LMAO!.I got USPS shipping confirmation.

Now it's nap time.

#759 8 years ago

No problem on using my pics as long as I get a 10% royalty on all orders of orange sling shot rings.

Just kidding. Feel free.

#761 8 years ago

Any luck with these square bumper pads? Crossing my fingers that they could be done.

IMG_0398.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Any luck with these square bumper pads? Crossing my fingers that they could be done.

I'm certainly not ruling these out. I just don't know if silicone is up to the task of handling the abuse.
Is this particular size very common? I don't mind making the investment for the tooling if it's a regular part.
Also, are these easy to change out? I though a lot of these were riveted to something.

#763 8 years ago

I'm certainly not ruling these out. I just don't know if silicone is up to the task of handling the abuse.
Is this particular size very common? I don't mind making the investment for the tooling if it's a regular part.
Also, are these easy to change out? I though a lot of these were riveted to something.

This is Williams/Bally part# 23-6766, and is used in numerous '90s games (Monster Bash, Cirqus Voltaire, Revenge From Mars, Johnny Mnemonic, Champion Pub, NBA Fastbreak, etc.). They are easy to remove and change out - normally held in place by a small retainer fastened with a single Allen screw.

#764 8 years ago

Are those used on ramp ends?

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are those used on ramp ends?

They are used on a lot of Stern games including LOTR. And yes, the secure with a screw and nut. Unless you get up close it looks like a rivet, but its not.

#766 8 years ago

As promised, here are better pictures of my TOTAN.

IMG_6389.JPGIMG_6389.JPGIMG_6393.JPGIMG_6393.JPGIMG_6392.JPGIMG_6392.JPGIMG_6390.JPGIMG_6390.JPG

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

I would be concerned that silicone would have too much bounce.

Some games use the 1 inch square with adhesive backing.

#768 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

I would be concerned that silicone would have too much bounce.
Some games use the 1 inch square with adhesive backing.

Does anybody know what material these were made from originally? I was under the impression it was silicone.

#769 8 years ago

Feel free to use my pics.
In fact here are a couple more from my WOZ.

2015-07-03_10.43.46.jpg2015-07-03_10.43.46.jpg

2015-07-03_10.43.28.jpg2015-07-03_10.43.28.jpg

2015-07-03_10.43.15.jpg2015-07-03_10.43.15.jpg

#770 8 years ago

My Special Force in yellow:

IMG_0288.JPGIMG_0288.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0291.JPGIMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0294.JPGIMG_0294.JPGIMG_0295.JPGIMG_0295.JPG

#771 8 years ago

The only slightly disappointing thing is that the somewhat yellowish tinge from the incandescent lights washes out a bit of the yellow color on the rings:

IMG_0283.JPGIMG_0283.JPG

Otherwise, it looks great.

#772 8 years ago

Feel free to use any pics I have posted.

#773 8 years ago

I'd like to know what everyone needs.
So far, my list includes: Rim-Tee (T post), ramp ends (still working on part numbers), and Safe Cracker flippers.
What other odds and ends could we bring in?

I would be interested in having the rubber rings for slings on classic stern games made, I believe they are non-standard, 1.75".

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I would be interested in having the rubber rings for slings on classic stern games made, I believe they are non-standard, 1.75".

Standard size sling rings fit fine on my big game.

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My Special Force in yellow

now, with these new rubs, you have almost doubled the value of the pin...

(joke inside, no stress please)

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

now, with these new rubs, you have almost doubled the value of the pin...
(joke inside, no stress please)

Ha! You're probably right. It is an under-appreciated pin and a player's condition pin at that. I did have the distinct thought when I put them on that they were now the cleanest, best looking thing in game.

#777 8 years ago

Just placed my order for most of a Hook set! Some rings were not in stock but it's all good! Can't wait! I already have the flipper rings and I love them!

#778 8 years ago

I love the GITD. I think they will be perfect for LOTR's POTD. Even if they don't glow much, the greenish tint will fit perfectly IMO.

#779 8 years ago

matt,
how difficult would it be to be able to place an order for items which are 'out of stock' (since your products aren't something like many pinball parts, where once they're gone, they're gone) and to:
a) offer the ability to either ship out what is in stock immediately with the balance shipping out once it becomes available again or
b) wait and ship the entire order once the 'out of stock' items are re-stocked?

a few companies that I order things from offer this ability (where the items are pre-order goods and the release dates between them is a month apart or less).

from a consumer's point of view, it might make things a bit easier than for say having me order a portion of what I need and then to still keep checking the site to see if the 1 or 2 items have come back in stock and then order them.

just a thought

#780 8 years ago

I appreciate the part numbers for the smaller stuff. I'm making a list, and we're going to see what we can bring in (hopefully all of them).

Also, thanks again for the pictures. I've got them downloaded and I'll be updating the kits asap.

Quoted from j_m_:

how difficult would it be to be able to place an order for items which are 'out of stock'

I believe our new site has this capability, I just haven't turned it on. My main concern being that people won't notice an item is OOS, and wonder why it didn't show up in their shipment. It's certainly no trouble to do if that's what is preferred.

The real issue is that I need to order more and do a better job of anticipating volume. I hate being out of an item, it drives me nuts!

#781 8 years ago

Maybe have the system email the customer upon submit "reminding" them they are out of stock and "selected" a certain type of shipment. (split, backorder, ship-all)

#782 8 years ago

Thanks again for all of the kind words!
We're about ready to place the order for the rebound rubber and the 4 and 4 1/2.
After that, it's time to work on the misc parts. I'd like to know what everyone needs.
So far, my list includes: Rim-Tee (T post), ramp ends (still working on part numbers), and Safe Cracker flippers.
What other odds and ends could we bring in?
Also, I would like to ask permission from everyone to use the pictures that have been posted. I can download and organize them all so they can be added to the ring kit database. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Tron disc and kiss disc under genes head. This black disc sucks. Playfield is beyond filthy with a handful of plays.

#783 8 years ago

I'm officially doing Caribbean Cruise as my next Titan rings game. I just picked up one in need of a teardown, so it will be a good time to catalogue which rings I need.

The playfield has a lot of pink on it, so pink rings would go, but I think I want something a little more contrasting like yellow to accompany some of the yellow accents. Any opinions?

20150707_170706.jpg20150707_170706.jpg

#784 8 years ago

pink where there is mainly green. green where mainly pink.

#785 8 years ago

Just got my shipment today and I'm thoroughly impressed!
Will definitely order more of the rings to pimp out the rest of my pin.
Loved the feel of the flipper rubbers. Somewhat spongier if that's even a word.
Well done guys! Love your product.
Thanks again!

#786 8 years ago

Received my shipment today and even though I ordered pretty much everything opposite what I needed and need to place another order, I'm extremely happy with the product!! Here's a little before and after

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#787 8 years ago

I just went to the web site, and made my first purchase right away. Owl earrings!?!!?!?! My wife will be happy.

#788 8 years ago

Translucent isn't showing up as an option on the 2 1/2" ID?

#789 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Translucent isn't showing up as an option on the 2 1/2" ID?

They are currently out of stock. It should be about 2 weeks before we get more in.

#790 8 years ago

Added Glow in the Dark rings to Starship Troopers and TMNT.
Added Gottlieb size ones to Mario Brothers and Sky Jump.

#791 8 years ago

PM sent.

#792 8 years ago

Put some translucents on my High Speed. I like them be able to pick up the led color. (Please gnore my chipped plastics and missing wire form)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#793 8 years ago

It looks like Gottlieb System 3's (not sure of others) might call for a non-standard post sleeve. They seem to be slightly fatter and slightly shorter. I was taking apart Caribbean Cruise to catalog the rubbers needed, and noticed these posts. I then looked at Super Mario Bros and they look like they might be similar, thought I didn't take one off to verify. They're yellow on CC and black on SMB.

According to Marco Specialties:
Yellow bumper post rubber sleeve is 1/4 Inner Diameter x 1/2 Outer Diameter x 7/8 inches high.

This is different than the Post Rubber Standard, right?

I don't have the CC manual, so don't have a part number from there, but Marco lists it as Gottlieb #A-26648Y (though I see this same part number on their 1/4 inner diameter x 7/16 inch outer diameter x 1-1/16 inch tall posts...).

Anyway, I can probably get away with using standard posts and cutting them down if needed, but it would be something to consider as a potential new rubber.

Edit: I noticed 7/8" posts are an option when building kits. One feature that might be nice is if the kit contains a type of rubber that's not currently available, it would give a notification that X was not added to your cart because it is not currently available.

#794 8 years ago

I think the shorter posts are different enough that we should to bring them in very soon.

I need to add them to our inventory, even though we don't carry them yet. This will then show they are "out of stock".
We are working on a system that will automatically add any OOS items to your wish list. It should make it easy to keep track of which items you still need.

Also, we went ahead and added the 4, 4 1/2, and both rebound rubbers to our latest order
It's going to push it back 10 days, but I thought it was worth it to have them here now, instead of in the next order a month from now.

Thank you all for the continued support!

#795 8 years ago

I need to get my wishlist together... I know the green rubbers on my RFM are toast. Need to look at the rest of my games to see what is needed.

#796 8 years ago

Arg! Nothing like ordering and excitedly waiting a couple of days until delivery, only to get my order today and realize I didn't add the right number of rings to my kit AND even though I was pretty sure I did, I totally forgot to order the standard post sleeves as stand-ins for the shorter Gottlieb ones, and I even noted that I was going to do that in the previous post! Totally my fault.

I think the shorter posts are different enough that we should to bring them in very soon.

On a positive note, I had a couple of standard post sleeves left over from my JP order and figured out that they will work fine in place of the shorter ones. At worst they just get compressed a little when screwed down, but no modifications are necessary to make them fit.

I would say there's no reason to rush on the shorter post sleeves, I'd be fine filling out my 2 Gottliebs with the standard ones, but it might be nice if when ordering a kit that has the shorter ones, it notifies that they're not available and gives the option to sub in the standard posts. I suppose a "standard post sleeve" version of the kit could just as easily be made and noted in the comments.

Thanks for the great products!
-Jim

#797 8 years ago

I love the way the transparent look but I also want to color match my other games. Has there been any thought or is it even possible to do transparent colors?

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

but it might be nice if when ordering a kit that has the shorter ones, it notifies that they're not available and gives the option to sub in the standard posts

I have added them to inventory, so they will now show as "out of stock", but I don't if it's possible to automatically substitute them. I'll probably add them to the short list for tooling, so it should be a temporary problem.

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I love the way the transparent look but I also want to color match my other games. Has there been any thought or is it even possible to do transparent colors?

We've been talking with our manufacturer about this. The first samples we got of "color translucent" were just kind of pastel

They haven't quite gotten the hang of what we are looking for, but we'll keep trying and see if we can get it right.

#799 8 years ago

I finished my Caribbean Cruise. The Titan silicone rings look great! The pink is a good match for this game. I put some yellow in for many of the rings, but they would have looked good in all pink, too. The flippers and post sleeves are pink as well as a few other rings.

Note that I used standard sized post sleeves and they fit just fine. The posts are the exact height of a standard post sleeve, so I'm not sure what benefit the shorter ones are other than being slightly fatter and maybe affecting the movement of the ball a bit differently due to that.

20150727_182929.jpg20150727_182929.jpg20150727_183039.jpg20150727_183039.jpg20150727_183120.jpg20150727_183120.jpg20150727_183138.jpg20150727_183138.jpg

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I finished my Caribbean Cruise.

Did you enjoy the trip?

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.