4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 58.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I believe they are about a month out from production on the conical posts.

Thanks crash!

#702 8 years ago

i copied this from the other thread just so others could see it here too.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

The only issue i see (and this is a personal one) is that when a kit is added to the database it is based off of the creators personal color preference. is there a way to make the shopping cart editable once a kit as been added? i just pulled up tron for example, what if i wanted to change the flipper rubbers to all orange, or clear, or etc? right now i don't really see how to do that.

I think what you guys are doing is great by the way. I do foresee someone just going to the manuals for the games, then added them to the database (like i just did for Black Knight 2000), without giving it much thought. should that really be rewarded? i did BK2K because i own it and i wanted to see how the "create a kit" database upload worked. If there is a way to change the ring color when i order it (i see no reason for me to remake the Lord of the Rings kit list) then i think this will be awesome, but if i have to manual go into each ring and change the color then i might as well just make it from the list in the book and type each size in so i can select the color i want then.

there is a possibility that i am doing something wrong on my end too.

just my observation. keep up the great work!

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i copied this from the other thread just so others could see it here too.

Hmm... I haven't looked at kits and how they work, but it's almost like you'd want to see an editable list of everything with color drop-downs prior to adding it to your cart. If you wanted to break something out into different colors, it should give the option on each line of adding a new line of the same thing so that you can change the color/quantity. Just a suggestion.

#704 8 years ago

Hopefully, everyone put in the stock colors in their kits.

If you don't like the colors, open a second Firefox window and just order the parts in the colors you need them- using the kit as your reference.

#705 8 years ago

Hi Matt .

Received my mini-flipper rings in the mail today . Thanks again for posting those out .

I'll endeavour to get both my machines fitted out with Titans over the next weekend or so and get some pictures up .

Thanks again . A1 service .

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully, everyone put in the stock colors in their kits.
If you don't like the colors, open a second Firefox window and just order the parts in the colors you need them- using the kit as your reference.

The two kits I submitted were for my specific tastes. Not stock. However I believe multiple kits can be made for the same game, so other people can submit different kits that they made to their tastes. That provides more options to others.

I do like the idea of be able to change the colors of a kit once it is in your cart though. Seems easy enough to implement.

#707 8 years ago

maybe an option for the description to include the words "STOCK kit" vs. "custom kit" would help.

eg. when creating a kit, if there was either a check box or a set of radio buttons to indicate if the kit that you were assembling was "STOCK" or "Custom", that would help group and identify the kits

and like chuck mentioned, being able to select a stock kit and then modify the individual parts with different color choices would be cool too.

#708 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe they are about a month out from production on the conical posts.

Indeed. They are in production now. Along with post caps and beaded flippers.

Quoted from j_m_:

maybe an option for the description to include the words "STOCK kit" vs. "custom kit" would help.

There is a description box available for each kit. This is where I have been putting info such as "Kit from Manual".

I appreciate the suggestions for the kit database! I put up a brief response for the new request in the announcement thread.
While we can add an option to change colors before adding a kit to cart, don't forget that every kit qualifies for rewards, not just the original.

Thanks again!
-Matt

#709 8 years ago

Ok I replaced a crapload more rings on Addams Family this morning. I replaced the right slingshot ring (that I had left as original rubber for comparison) since I was tired of looking at it. Even after cleaning one final time, the ring still ended up looking pretty terrible in comparison to the Titan ring on the left sling. I replaced these only three and a half months ago. Barely one quarter, and already the rubber looks like crap while the silicone still looks brand new after the same amount of cleaning. It doesn't appear the small indentation from the kicker arm has gotten any worse, so I can safely say this will most likely not be an issue long term. I removed the old ring and compared both sides to a new Competition ring. I believe the quality of these products speaks for itself!

234.jpg234.jpg235.jpg235.jpg236.jpg236.jpg237.jpg237.jpg238.jpg238.jpg

I also swapped out the flipper bands and did notice a groove in the upper right flipper rubber from where the flipper hits the ball guide when fully actuated. I think the Thing mini flipper has the issue as well (I forgot to look) but if it does, not nearly as bad. I installed the new ones and looked carefully, and the guides still seem to be touching the ring, but barely if that. Doesn't appear like it will be a problem. Can anyone else with Competition flipper bands installed on this game check on this to verify?

243.jpg243.jpg244.jpg244.jpg245.jpg245.jpg

There's one other thing I noticed, and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but the red bands to seem to slightly discolor at the tips when installed. It honestly doesn't bother me but take it as an observation. I don't see any splitting or damage at the tips.

241.jpg241.jpg242.jpg242.jpg

And here is another Titan vs. 3 year old Happ Crap ring example.

239.jpg239.jpg240.jpg240.jpg

#710 8 years ago

I posted this video on the "Show Us Your EM Machines" and it had people asking about the rings - they're all orange silicone from Titan and they make the game awesome to play and to look at! Skip to 4:30 for the game demo.

#711 8 years ago

We have now added a feature to change colors when buying a kit from the database

A popup window will appear, and you can adjust the colors for any of the line items.

The original kit maker will still receive credit for the purchase.

Titan Pinball Database Colors.jpgTitan Pinball Database Colors.jpg

It was another great feat by Compy to make this happen!

If you need to make a lot of changes to a kit, please consider creating a new one for that game.

#712 8 years ago

Sweet. I know I sound like the most lazy person ever, but these changes are what will get me to finally get this order I've been dinking with in.

#713 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can anyone else with Competition flipper bands installed on this game check on this to verify?

I cannot comment on TAF, but I had this happen on Big Game as well. Nothing too crazy, but I noticed the ball guide cutting into the ring. I adjusted the guide and it seems to miss the ring now. I will keep an eye on it.

#714 8 years ago

I've already placed two orders, and I'm planning a third... and I've only finished one game.

I'm finding it to be a lot like installing LEDs in a game. I buy some, guessing at what will look best, then find that different colors actually look better than the ones I originally thought.

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We have now added a feature to change colors when buying a kit from the database
A popup window will appear, and you can adjust the colors for any of the line items.
The original kit maker will still receive credit for the purchase.
Titan Pinball Database Colors.jpg
It was another great feat by Compy to make this happen!
If you need to make a lot of changes to a kit, please consider creating a new one for that game.

I was about to ask about this. I was afraid of people seeing my kits but not buying them because there could be one or two rings they don't like. This makes it a lot easier for both customers and contributors and encourages remixing of existing kits. Is it possible to load a kit, make a change to ring types/count/colors, and save a new kit? That would save a lot of manual editing putting together a new kit from scratch.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I've already placed two orders, and I'm planning a third... and I've only finished one game.
I'm finding it to be a lot like installing LEDs in a game. I buy some, guessing at what will look best, then find that different colors actually look better than the ones I originally thought.

I agree. I already have about 2 dozen loose rings that aren't being used. I find they are good to have around to quickly throw on a new game that has worn out old rings so that I can at least play right away and make it look right later when I get time to order the rings I want for that specific game. Pretty much the same for my LED stash. Cannot have too many haha.

#717 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I was about to ask about this. I was afraid of people seeing my kits but not buying them because there could be one or two rings they don't like. This makes it a lot easier for both customers and contributors and encourages remixing of existing kits. Is it possible to load a kit, make a change to ring types/count/colors, and save a new kit? That would save a lot of manual editing putting together a new kit from scratch.

The "Tweak this Kit" button has been there since the beginning and this is precisely what it is for. You just have to be logged in to view the option!

#718 8 years ago

The ability to load up a kit and change the colors rules, I finally put in the order to shop out ACDC that I've been putting off.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The ability to load up a kit and change the colors rules, I finally put in the order to shop out ACDC that I've been putting off.

About time!

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think I'm in the same boat as you. I want to say it's that I haven't had time to figure out what I need for a game rather than being too lazy, but having a kit in the system makes it that much easier to go ahead and order even if I don't install it right away.

Edit: Alas, none of my other games (already have them installed in JP) currently have kits. Looks like it's on me to get these figured out.

#721 8 years ago

Judging by the order number looks like you have made 200 more sales since the last time I purchased, which is about a month ago. Wow! That's 25% of your current business to date!

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Judging by the order number looks like you have made 200 more sales since the last time I purchased, which is about a month ago. Wow! That's 25% of your current business to date!

He'd make a ton more orders if people would start posting more pictures of finished games. I am holding off right now because I am just not sure what colors I want to use. I can't afford to make multiple orders and experiment sadly.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

He'd make a ton more orders if people would start posting more pictures of finished games.

Here is a Silverball Mania getting ready for it's GI test.

sbm-rubber.jpgsbm-rubber.jpg

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ha! That number is a little misleading. We ran a LOT of fake transactions over the last 2 weeks to get ready for the transition to the new site.

#725 8 years ago

Don't be so modest...

#726 8 years ago

My RRWOZ just got a complete makeover with Titan comps. Red, purple, pink, orange, light blue, translucent and best of all glow in the dark. The GITD's look like they should have shipped with it. Here a couple of pictures.

GITD2.jpgGITD2.jpg

GITD1.jpgGITD1.jpg

LightBlue.jpgLightBlue.jpg

Yellow_Red_Purple.jpgYellow_Red_Purple.jpg

Orange_and_GITD.jpgOrange_and_GITD.jpg

#727 8 years ago

Very nice!! Did you use GITD in the Haunted Forest™ too?

#728 8 years ago

I don't have a great eye for colors. Anyone want to recommend colors for MM? If I just go with black, maybe a color for the flipper rings and posts?

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Very nice!! Did you use GITD in the Haunted Forest™ too?

I used purple in the forest because it matched the playfield so well. But gitd would look great too.

#730 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't have a great eye for colors. Anyone want to recommend colors for MM? If I just go with black, maybe a color for the flipper rings and posts?

If there is any light behind a rubber I recommend the translucent because it allows more light to make it to the playfield.
Also you might look at the colors of the plastics and the playfield to get some ideas for colors. I would think that red, yellow, orange and purple would all work well with the colors of the MM Playfield.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If there is any light behind a rubber I recommend the translucent because it allows more light to make it to the playfield.

Yes.... Translucent rings look awesome on ST.

#732 8 years ago

I can't say enough good things about these rings and flipper rubbers. Really like the way they feel and wipe clean.
Great product!

#733 8 years ago

Hands down the best upgrade you can do for your pinball game. I'm finally done my collection and can say each game looks 100% better with Titan installed. Thank-you for a remarkable product!!!

#734 8 years ago

hey matt,
are you just out of the 3/4" ID transparent rings? I did not see them listed any more (even as as "out of stock")

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hey matt,
are you just out of the 3/4" ID transparent rings? I did not see them listed any more (even as as "out of stock")

Yes. We have a couple of sizes of translucent that are OOS right now. There is a large inventory order being manufactured, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

#736 8 years ago

cool, thanks matt.

it was just odd that on the "new" site (which is very nice and much easier to navigate as well as order from ) there was no "box" for the transparent color for that particular size (which would normally just display an "out of stock" if you selected it.

#737 8 years ago

I just replaced the slings on my Star Trek Pro with orange rings from Titan (thanks to ectobar for the color idea). I have to say that they look awesome! Way better in person. Here are some old pics:

oldsling1.JPGoldsling1.JPG
oldsling2.JPGoldsling2.JPG

And, here are the new pics:

newsling1.JPGnewsling1.JPG
newsling2.JPGnewsling2.JPG
newsling3.JPGnewsling3.JPG

What was amazing was that when I took off the old black rings, my hands were stained. I thought I had touched grease. They must have been filthy. I love the way the new slings work.

Also, shout out to Titan. Awesome customer service and fast response time.

My next project is to replace the white rings in my Special Force with yellow. I'll post more pics when I do that.

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What was amazing was that when I took off the old black rings, my hands were stained. I thought I had touched grease. They must have been filthy.

Black rubber sucks. It's a big reason why playfields get so dirty.

#739 8 years ago

Here's a few pictures of my games in progress. I had planned on purple in TOTAN and green in SS, but as you can see, I'm leaning toward light blue in both. Green only on the SS slings.

20150702_175748.jpg20150702_175748.jpg
20150702_175738.jpg20150702_175738.jpg
20150702_175535.jpg20150702_175535.jpg
20150702_175726.jpg20150702_175726.jpg
20150702_175702.jpg20150702_175702.jpg

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Here's a few pictures of my games in progress. I had planned on purple in TOTAN and green in SS, but as you can see, I'm leaning toward light blue in both. Green only on the SS slings.
20150702_175748.jpg
20150702_175738.jpg
20150702_175535.jpg
20150702_175726.jpg
20150702_175702.jpg

Looking good. For some reason, love color matching the star posts. But honestly, these rings look great everywhere any color. Haha.

#741 8 years ago

Funny, I like contrasting colors on the posts. When I matched them, it seemed like too much of the same to me. The ability for everyone to be able to make their own game look the way they want is why these are so great.

#742 8 years ago

I'm digging that Star trek with the Orange. I probably would have tried the dark blue, but that orange really pops there imo.

#743 8 years ago

Just placed a $237.09 order.The new site rocks!.The old site had coupon and paypal issues for me.And with the kit color changing plug in.I Luv it.If it's simple,you earn my business.If it's a headache,I wont bother.

Hoping it ships on July 3.

Off with the Super Bands.Hello,Titan!

I never got comfortable with the Super Bands.Hell of a time with the 3rd flipper ramp shot with ST and Tron.Regular rubber=Easier timing.At least for me.

#744 8 years ago

I'll chime in again with praise for this product. They look so good, feel closest of alternatives to 'regular' rubber without many of the drawbacks. Titan had me test some of the new rubbers like rebound rubber and the longer rings and they are another wonderful addition that have that fresh rubber bounce but look so good, clean easily, and don't contribute to dirtying a machine. Question is, why did it take so long for someone to make this happen?

#745 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm digging that Star Trek with the Orange. I probably would have tried the dark blue, but that orange really pops there imo.

Yeah, it draws on the orange in the play field in that one location. I love it!

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Hoping it ships on July 3.

If it doesn't interfere with my nap, I'll give it a shot!

#747 8 years ago

Thanks again for all of the kind words!

We're about ready to place the order for the rebound rubber and the 4 and 4 1/2.
After that, it's time to work on the misc parts. I'd like to know what everyone needs.
So far, my list includes: Rim-Tee (T post), ramp ends (still working on part numbers), and Safe Cracker flippers.
What other odds and ends could we bring in?

Also, I would like to ask permission from everyone to use the pictures that have been posted. I can download and organize them all so they can be added to the ring kit database. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Funny, I like contrasting colors on the posts. When I matched them, it seemed like too much of the same to me. The ability for everyone to be able to make their own game look the way they want is why these are so great.

I'm not a fan of "matched" color either. I changed my TOM posts from purple to red to put purple rubber on it.

As for pictures, anything I've posted is fine to use.

#749 8 years ago

Also, I would like to ask permission from everyone to use the pictures that have been posted. I can download and organize them all so they can be added to the ring kit database. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

You are very welcome to use any of my pics from this thread or the others.

#750 8 years ago

What other odds and ends could we bring in?

How about rubber flipper link stop grommets? Replacing these with silicone will help with longevity and will not dirty up the mechs.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00

Also I think these grommets are used for generic solenoids. Are they interchangeable so just one kind can be used?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6577

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.