4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 58.
#601 8 years ago

Titan and Comet teaming up is GREAT news!

Excited to see what will happen and let me know when I can order a bulk kit of GitD.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I can't wait to see what Art can do with these. Maybe some sort of blacklight LED spotlight?!
Thanks a lot for the pics Neverahighscore. I must say I was very skeptical about the pink, but those look great!
We just placed a very large inventory order, and with that are Tapered posts, Post caps, and Beaded flippers.
Also, samples of rebound rubbers and 4 inch so we can test the hardness. I'll be looking for volunteers

You know of one volunteer

#603 8 years ago

We've been limited to black and white for so long that these colors are a bit of a shock to the system. I bought a sampling of every color and started with slingshots. It's taking me a few days for each game to decide what color to use. I can put them on and love the color while concentrating on the slingshots, but then not like it as much when I step back and look at the entire game. Give me a few days, though, and I like it again.

So far, I've settled on purple flipper rubber and light blue rings on TOTAN. SS is green on both. TZ didn't feel right, so I kept white rings on it. It's one more thing for us to debate, but having choices is awesome. I'm excited to see how they hold up and how much cleaning effort they can save me.

#604 8 years ago

try the translucent o TZ

#605 8 years ago

I put a full set of white competition play field rubbers with blue flipper rubbers on my Tron Pro. They bounce way better than Superbands do, so dead passing works much better. They don't seem to cause as much weird spin or anything like Superbands did as well. They look and play great so far. I am super happy with them. The flipper rubbers do play grippier than standard rubber, but not in a bad way...

#606 8 years ago

Here is some Pics....

Very hard for pictures to do Justice.

The color is Sweet, and they charge fast, with about a 3 to 5 second light hold.

Single SMD UV lights, do not put out enough light to have an affect.

A 5 SMD, or a 5 Superflux do a wonderful job giving an entire ring a Full Glow.
A COB Panel Floods everything, and can be tied to a Flasher.

Now, the next question will be install and how its seen.....I have some ideas, but not sure exactly.

I can share that a UV reactive Flipper Bat with UV lights inside and contrasting GITD Rubbers, would be Insane....

Titan Glow Rings Room Light.jpgTitan Glow Rings Room Light.jpg Titan Glow Rings Spot Light.jpgTitan Glow Rings Spot Light.jpg Titan Glow Rings UV SuperFlux.jpgTitan Glow Rings UV SuperFlux.jpg Titan Glow Rings Glowing.jpgTitan Glow Rings Glowing.jpg
#607 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I can share that a UV reactive Flipper Bat with UV lights inside and contrasting GITD Rubbers, would be Insane....

that was my first thought. Lighted flipper bat and use UV bulbs in it. Maybe the lighted starposts mod also?

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that was my first thought. Lighted flipper bat and use UV bulbs in it. Maybe the lighted starposts mod also?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#609 8 years ago

Working on plug and Play Post lights at this moment.....protos look great in front of me, Hilton.
In UV, its worth testing...

Sorry Matt, didnt mean a Hijack Post.

#610 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#611 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry Matt, didnt mean a Hijack Post.

Hijack away

#612 8 years ago

Hmm... GITD/UV LED kits in the future maybe?

#613 8 years ago

I just got all my stuff in...

Comet - Orange
XMLE - Yellow
Tron - Clear
Metallica - Purple
Crescendo - Glow in the Dark

Colors are fantastic, and these are very stretchy compared to SB. The flipper rubber does still affect the ball transition from the lane guide to the flipper a *little*, it is SUBSTANTIALLY less than SB however, and people that are not very carefully watching may not even notice it...for all I know it will get better with play as well....there might still be a release agent or something on there, and when I re-wax that will make the band slicker too. You can tell right away when you take one out of the bag and pull on it that it's not anything like SB's. Had no trouble at all putting the flipper bands on this morning. Super easy.

The GITD is *awesome*. The base color is nice IMO, and I was able to basically light up the whole bag of rubber for Crescendo with a little hand held flourescent UV light that runs on 4 AA batteries. Art sent me a sample bulb that I have no clue what it is, but I need a bunch of them for that game that I suspect is not UV but a purple or pink that does a good job of GI *and* activates UV reactive.. I need to pull it out and figure out what it is, I think it will work great for these. Pretty sure it was a flex head too. Will pull it and post a pic so we can figure out what it is.

#614 8 years ago

received my order today, impressed 7 days and it was here, that's a good thing since i'm in canada.

installed (not everything, i was curious) pink in my restored playboy, man they look good! and play great. colour is perfect.

thanks for making those available.

bally playboy pink rubber.JPGbally playboy pink rubber.JPG

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man they look good! and play great

I agree! I'm really liking these rings, too. Just switched over my F-14 after enjoying how well they played on Maverick. Also like the translucents for lighted areas, like slings, to let more light out. Thanks Matt!

Mav SlingMav Sling

F14 SlingF14 Sling

#616 8 years ago

Received my order today . Thanks again Matt @Titan Pinball . VERY quick service and quick delivery from USA to AUS.

I have my GITD ready to fit to Metallica . Gonna look sweet !

Quick question : I ordered some Mini Flipper Rings for the lower playfield in ACDC . The rings I received are the same diameter as the standard flipper rings but narrower in width . I was under the assumption that the mini flipper rings should be the same "width" as a standard flipper rubber ... BUT ... slightly smaller in diameter .

Have I ordered the wrong ones ?

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Have I ordered the wrong ones ?

Crud. It looks like you ordered the right ones, and I pulled the wrong ones

Terribly sorry about that!

I see four of them on the order. Are they all wrong?

I can get the correct ones out asap.

#618 8 years ago

I have changed over to theses from all mine. Yes I have stock pilled them. Almost every color but about 3 or 4 away they cost is good but buying in bulk not so much. Here are my thoughts.

1. The translucent are my favorite and go with any game.
2. The bounce of the ball much better and seems to a few of us much faster.
3. Polished a PF and when I went to buff it. I used a cloth type material (Not a good Idea) stuck all over them
and are like static electricity around them. It stuck to the ones not even close to where I was buffing. Had to re-rubber the whole game but learned a lesson.
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 9.33.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-10 at 9.33.01 AM.png lost money on that game.
4. They are more gummier than a normal rubber but I like that kinda.

Over all I give the product and 8.7 out of a 10 missed out on 1 point. Why do you have a code box if there are never any codes? Annoying...Don't you know us pinheads see that as a few buck off and we worship that concept.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Why do you have a code box if there are never any codes?

We do

It's TITAN10 for 10% off for Pinsiders.

#620 8 years ago

We do
It's TITAN10 for 10% off for Pinsiders.

It looks like you already have bulk rates for the more you buy. Is this pinside 10% off on top of the bulk rates? The cheaper they are the more I will buy.

#621 8 years ago

It does apply to volume purchases, but not to the bulk kit (it's already 30% off).

#622 8 years ago

It does apply to volume purchases, but not to the bulk kit (it's already 30% off).

Yes I meant volume. I like that your willing to discount to get more business. Now if people will just post some pictures of their TZ and FH games with titan rings on them so I can get some ideas I will order faster. I'm thinking dark blue or clear for both. White just seems so blah now even though it looks great on all pins.

#623 8 years ago

Thinking of trying some glow in the dark stuff in my Elvira. Anyone have pictures of these installed on any game?

#624 8 years ago

TITAN10 coupon does not work.I have tried it with several items (not bulk items).Does not show savings.Put coupon code in box,Then update cart.Nada

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

TITAN10 coupon does not work.I have tried it with several items (not bulk items).Does not show savings.Put coupon code in box,Then update cart.Nada

Works for me.

#626 8 years ago

I'm frankly fine without codes to purchase, they are more than normal rubbers but in the best ways there are no comparisons. I will be replacing every rubber in every game with these. Matt has made quite the investment of time and money getting these developed and should be rewarded for it. Of course, if a code is there, it does mean I can order 9% more product and just spend the same.

And for anyone who hasn't had the benefit of meeting Matt he truly is one if those generous and great guys.

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Now if people will just post some pictures of their TZ and FH games with titan rings on them so I can get some ideas I will order faster.

Are they posted in the kit database? If not, maybe no one has used them in those games yet. I would say that since there hasn't been a single bad review, you have little to fear. Just get a variety of colors that you think might work and save the ones you don't use for future games.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The code only applies for the competition silicone rings, is that what you're trying it with?

#629 8 years ago

Crud. It looks like you ordered the right ones, and I pulled the wrong ones
Terribly sorry about that!
I see four of them on the order. Are they all wrong?
I can get the correct ones out asap.

Hi Matt . Yeah all the mini flipper rings I ordered are wrong . The standard ones in the bulk kit are correct .

Don't worry about posting the correct ones out .. I'm from Australia and the postage will be more than the rings are worth .

I'm sure I'll end up ordering more from you at some point . Keep it in mind and I'll drop you a reminder on my next order and get you to put them in with it .

#630 8 years ago

I almost forgot but thought I'd let everybody know about the customer service you get from Titan Pinball .

When I placed my order the checkout postage cost was a little bit high but I'm from Australia so I expected it .

After completing my order Matt sent me a partial refund as the actual postage cost was less than what I had been charged .

A lot of parts sellers would not do anything about it and pocket the extra $ , which leaves a customer feeling ripped off .

My refund was only a couple of $ and it's this kind of service that will keep me coming back time and time again .

Thank you Matt and Titan Pinball . Look forward to dealing with you again .

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Don't worry about posting the correct ones out .. I'm from Australia and the postage will be more than the rings are worth .

I appreciate the thought, but this was my mistake. It will drive me nuts knowing you have the wrong rings.
I'm sending the correct rings out today. (It's not that bad for a small package using USPS)

#632 8 years ago

We will be at SFGE next weekend. We aren't doing a booth this year, but we will bring some assorted rings for sale.

If anyone wants to pick up an order, place it on the site and let me know via email.
I'll refund the shipping cost and bring it with me.

#633 8 years ago

FYI, we just put light blue Titan flipper rings on the AMH that will be in the PinvasionII tourney. They look and play great!

#634 8 years ago

We got our samples in for the new molds!

They came in a couple of hardness ratings, so we can see what people like best.

If anyone at SFGE would like to try them out and let them get some abuse over the weekend, I'll throw in some flipper rings as well.

What you see in the picture is all we have. Just a couple each - 1 1/2 rebound, 1 1/4 rebound, 4 inch, 4 1/2 inch, tapered post, and post caps. I have the beaded flipper on my Tee'd Off

I found the post caps make a great replacement for the metal acorn nuts on Gottliebs.

Titan Pinball New Rings.JPGTitan Pinball New Rings.JPG

#635 8 years ago

I found the post caps make a great replacement for the metal acorn nuts on Gottliebs.

Well.....

They used post caps before acorn nuts. They're great if the plastics don't get banged on and there's no airballs, but once things started moving to 50vdc flippers and the balls go all over the damn place....lol...

#636 8 years ago

Interesting. I'd not considered that.

These fit pretty snugly. I'll give them some abuse and see how they perform.

#637 8 years ago

does the TITAN10 discount not give the full 10%? i am ordering 5 of each flipper color and 5 of each 2.5" ring color to see what i like before i order in bulk.

i put in all of the info, typed in the the TITAN10 code and i am getting a 8.97% discount, not 10%. is there something i am doing wrong?

#638 8 years ago

Cool, if the post caps go into production, I'd love to switch out my acorn nuts on Crescendo for them. I'd rather the caps give way than the irreplaceable plastics.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

does the TITAN10 discount not give the full 10%? i am ordering 5 of each flipper color and 5 of each 2.5" ring color to see what i like before i order in bulk.

i put in all of the info, typed in the the TITAN10 code and i am getting a 8.97% discount, not 10%. is there something i am doing wrong?

That's strange. No, it's set to 10%.
I can make any corrections on the back end and send a refund.

#640 8 years ago

Finally, colored rebound rubber!!!!

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Finally, colored rebound rubber!!!!

Yes, but are they ribbed?

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yes, but are they ribbed?

Who cares?

Women don't play pinball.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

PLEASE make variety kits for these new silicone rubbers as well. So hard to outfit a full game and would love to try a few out in different places.

Agreed
Not too many sales without full kits being available.

#644 8 years ago

Please let's help him put the kit info together. You can't use service manual often because they are not specific enough. I love them and a friend might get kit info for Gorgar soon.

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Who cares?
Women don't play pinball.

Downvoter must be a woman who was pissed that they are not ribbed.

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

paypal link doesn't work, you get stuck in an address loop.

Same thing is happening for me. I have to click on the "Pay with PayPal" link, but the site doesn't know to calculate shipping first and PayPal fails because the shipping isn't included in the cost. If I am on the PayPal payment page and click "Cancel and reselect payment/verify information", it takes me to my profile page. Hitting "Check Out" from there only gives me standard credit card options, no PayPal option.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbali:

PLEASE make variety kits for these new silicone rubbers as well. So hard to outfit a full game and would love to try a few out in different places.

Do mean something like our bulk kits, except multicolor?

Quoted from Pinbali:

Agreed
Not too many sales without full kits being available.

Hopefully, this is about to change.

Quoted from akm:

Same thing is happening for me. I have to click on the "Pay with PayPal" link, but the site doesn't know to calculate shipping first and PayPal fails because the shipping isn't included in the cost. If I am on the PayPal payment page and click "Cancel and reselect payment/verify information", it takes me to my profile page. Hitting "Check Out" from there only gives me standard credit card options, no PayPal option

I really thought this was fixed
I know it's a pain, but you can always email me what you need and I can put it together manually and give you shipping options.

#648 8 years ago

We are working extremely hard to move the site over to a new e-commerce platform. Everything is being done from the ground up.

The new site offers features such as: staying on product page when adding to cart (hooray!), better integration with Paypal and CC processing, better shipping options (trying out a flat rate choice), better international shipping choices, wish lists, cart session saving, reviews, and so on.

Many of the checkout issues should (will!) be a thing of the past.

The other major objective we are trying to tackle is bringing in the kits as they are made and turning them into purchasable items

We're shooting for another 2-3 weeks to have the site up and running. I'm sure there will be bugs at first, but we're putting our best effort into making this a top-notch site.

#649 8 years ago

Sounds great man. Convenience = sales.

#650 8 years ago

Agreed and more than willing to try them out. Just cuz they're pretty.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.