4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 53.
    #451 4 years ago

Just wanted to say I am REALLY enjoying this product!

I am also VERY happy to see Rob will be carrying them. I am a big fan of these and most importantly the better price!

thanks for making these and providing a great playing and fun color options.

I am really looking forward to GitD, but not sure what I am going to put it on. I would have put it on Predator, but well... dammit

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Just waiting on hot pink and GITD/UV reactive...

yep. same here.

#453 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just wanted to say I am REALLY enjoying this product!
    I am also VERY happy to see Rob will be carrying them. I am a big fan of these and most importantly the better price!
    thanks for making these and providing a great playing and fun color options.
    I am really looking forward to GitD, but not sure what I am going to put it on. I would have put it on Predator, but well... dammit

It was my conversation with you at your place about them Hilton that made me decide to give them a try.

Pricing structure will be a bit different since I don't do pennies at shows, heck, I don't even do change. If you've ever noticed, everything is in whole dollars. If something is less than a dollar, it becomes 2/$1, or 12/$1, or whatever the case may be. I don't want to be dealing with change. So, what I've come up with is; rubbers under an inch will be a buck each, rubbers an inch and over will be two for $3. Discounts for more than 10, more discounts for more than 20, etc., so prices should end up in line with (or a bit better if you factor in shipping) Titan's site pricing.

As for other colors, I'm going to see how the translucent do. If things go well, carrying everything at a show isn't out of the question, but let's get past the first show first.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#454 4 years ago

good call on starting with translucent. They go well with everything and are my go to rubber.

Glad you are trying them out and hope it works out for both you and titan. I have a feeling it will be a good marriage

#455 4 years ago

I hate regular rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch. It also looks like someone puked all over it too.

image.jpg

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch.

Are those actual rubber? Or are you saying your Titan Silicone is breaking up like that?

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

are these the titan silicone?

#458 4 years ago

No it's rubber. Hence "I hate rubbers."

#459 4 years ago

may want to edit that post to clarify "regular rubbers" since this is the titan silicone rubber thread

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch. It also looks like someone puked all over it too.

I think some yellow Titans would look awesome on baywatch.

#461 4 years ago

Titan rings aren't rubber technically but ok. Figured it wouldn't be confusing. But my point is that breakdown is another major drawback of regular rubber.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I swear, you people and your forgetfulness
    I took care of it.

Thanks, Matt! Got the surprise refund for the discount last night. You rock! Looking forward to seeing these on the playfield.

#463 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

No it's rubber. Hence "I hate rubbers."

Figured that's what you meant, just being careful to avoid unintended rage at Titan after the whole snapping saturn flipper rubbers thing.

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Figured that's what you meant, just being careful to avoid unintended rage at Titan after the whole snapping saturn flipper rubbers thing.

True, I mean..

If a game has all Titan rings on, and they all need to be replaced, is someone going to say, 'I need to re-silicon my game.' or will they stick with 'I need to re-rubber my game.'?

#465 4 years ago

Re-ring sounds better.

#466 4 years ago

rubbers are what I put on any game. In my mind, I now use silicone rubbers. I know that is not technically correct, but that is how I think of it.

I supposed silicone rings works also.

#467 4 years ago

Well if these rings stand the test of time/longevity test, we may very well be saying, "I need to put new Titans in my game." Or better yet, "I need to switch my game to Titans." as they will be the go to for any collector/operator

#468 4 years ago

What amazes me is that we are just now, in 2015, getting a mass produced, widely accepted, and modern innovative replacement for regular rubbers which have been around for decades. And who was it to usher in these new rings? Marco? Nope. Pinball Life? Nope. Super Bands? Where are those again? It's of all people, a small husband and wife home-based business. And they are mopping the floor with the competition. I love it.

#469 4 years ago

I bought some of these for my Pinbot restore. I'm excited to see how they work.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

It's of all people, a small husband and wife home-based business. And they are mopping the floor with the competition. I love it.

Yep, I hope they continue to kick ass. I buy their LEDs, as they are the best priced.

#471 4 years ago

I also love their frosted LEDs. The shape is very close to incandescent.

#472 4 years ago

How long till the 3-1/2 rings are on the website?

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What amazes me is that we are just now, in 2015, getting a mass produced, widely accepted, and modern innovative replacement for regular rubbers which have been around for decades. And who was it to usher in these new rings? Marco? Nope. Pinball Life? Nope. Super Bands? Where are those again? It's of all people, a small husband and wife home-based business. And they are mopping the floor with the competition. I love it.

Super-Bands are doing just fine, thanks.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Super-Bands are doing just fine, thanks.

For now, but once people find out that the Titan silicone flipper rubbers are much easier to install & have a feel similar to red rubber it will change. I really don't see how the Superband urethane rings will work out once they (finally, if ever) release them. I would think that they would have so much tension due to lack of "stretchiness", that they would tend to pull out playfield posts when you attempted to install them.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the Superband flipper rubbers when they came out, but the Titan silicones are superior.

#475 4 years ago

All depends on the longevity of the Titan rings IMO. It's too early to call. I know several ops and techs and they're all using superbands on the flippers for obvious reasons...the damn things last forever unless there was a bubble in the casting and it just happens to get placed near the tip or back edge and can wear and weaken over time. But IMO I don't prefer playing on them. I don't blame ops for using them to reduce their costs..

There's no comparison between Titan and SB for anything other than mini posts and flipper rubbers, because SB has never produced a "normal" ring size.

#476 4 years ago

superbands play like crap but last forever.

Titans play GREAT but need more time to determine lastability. At this point they are holding up well from what i can see. If they have good lastability, then superbands are dead.

#477 4 years ago

Finished up Ironman in Yellow after getting round 2 of ordered rings.

Did the whole thing yellow, even up by the pops where white probably would have been fine. enh.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Finished up Ironman in Yellow after getting round 2 of ordered rings.
    Did the whole thing yellow, even up by the pops where white probably would have been fine.

Are the flipper rubber Super Bands or Titan?

#479 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Are the flipper rubber Super Bands or Titan?

Titan. I don't like how the superbands play at all.

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate regular rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch. It also looks like someone puked all over it too.

I put all new white rubbers on my LWJP, the night before going to MGC. After mgc the white was dirty!! and pretty beat... I need to try these! Been meaning to

#481 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I put all new white rubbers on my LWJP, the night before going to MGC. After mgc the white was dirty!! and pretty beat... I need to try these! Been meaning to

Pictures for reference? Do you have a log of how many games it had on it?

#482 4 years ago

Has anyone done a MM, CV, Totan, or ToM with these? I'm going to bite the bullet and place a big order, but just wanted to know if someone had a 'parts list' so I can just click off what I need on the site.

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from KeithinMI:

Has anyone done a MM, CV, Totan, or ToM with these? I'm going to bite the bullet and place a big order, but just wanted to know if someone had a 'parts list' so I can just click off what I need on the site.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3056

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4913

Nothing submitted for TOM or CV yet. Maybe you can submit a kit for those when you do them? Titan gives a discount on the ring purchase if you submit a kit for the game too.

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Pictures for reference? Do you have a log of how many games it had on it?

I totally didn't check :/ It was always busy when I checked on it...

I can get pics...the rubbers are probably just dirty and not bad. But I hate that in less than 24 hours after install, they look like that :/

#485 4 years ago

I just want to add how great of a guy Matt is from Titan. He's been helping us with Hardware and bulbs when needed during our Python's Pinball Circus project.

One of the nicest guys in Pinball.

#486 4 years ago

My TZ mini playfield ready to go back on when the rest of the game is done.

LTG : )

IMG_0937.JPG
    #487 4 years ago

Just an update on the new sizes and colors:

It's seems my customs agent has make a slight boo-boo. The paperwork had some errors and everything has been delayed. It shouldn't be too long before they are back on the way.

I apologize to anyone who is waiting on the new stuff. I'll let you know the moment it arrives.

#488 4 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#489 4 years ago

Sweet. I need to start making a ring list.

#490 4 years ago

Already have the list compiled, just need the new product to show up so I can give you money.

#491 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Already have the list compiled, just need the new product to show up so I can give you money.

Yes, please take my money so I can finish my games in the Pink!

#492 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Just an update on the new sizes and colors:
    It's seems my customs agent has make a slight boo-boo. The paperwork had some errors and everything has been delayed. It shouldn't be too long before they are back on the way.
    I apologize to anyone who is waiting on the new stuff. I'll let you know the moment it arrives.

Would the back-ordered translucent be part of this?

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Would the back-ordered translucent be part of this?

Yes. A restock order was included with the new rings.

#494 4 years ago

I straight up ran out of the rings ordered/received
    that I ended up using on my games and my clients games.
    Holding up and playing just fine so far.

1 week later
    #495 4 years ago

Has anyone installed these on a TSPP yet? If so, what colors did you use?

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Titan. I don't like how the superbands play at all.

I've been staying out of this thread because superbands make me want to die, but if people who don't like superbands are onboard with this I'll have to order a few...

#498 4 years ago

or the 3-1/2" white?

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Any update on Pink???

Quoted from dasvis:

or the 3-1/2" white?

I have been told the shipping fiasco had been resolved and they should ship back out in the next couple of days. I have my fingers crossed for late next week

I'm terribly sorry for the delays. I hate this as much as anyone.

#500 4 years ago

I tried out several sets of these competition rings at a friend's place last weekend and I have to say, they feel pretty good. Much more like traditional rubber to me than the standard Titan, non-competition rings. I'm going to have to pick up a few sets for myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside