4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 58.
#1 9 years ago

We are very excited to introduce Titan Competition silicone rings!

Overview 4.jpgOverview 4.jpg

From our website:

New Materials - Classic Feel

These next generation rings are made from specially formulated silicone that provides a durable, easy to clean, vibrant replacement for standard pinball rubber. Our Competition rings are resistant to UV light and less susceptible to drying and cracking, giving them a much longer lifespan than traditional rubber.

All sizes and colors of Competition Rings are engineered to provide the classic feel of red flipper rubber (Shore A45), allowing you to change colors without compromising game play.

Competition Rings come with a 180 day warranty against cracking or splitting.* (*from time of purchase. Warranty only covers rings installed properly and under normal and intended use.)

Make your machine look and play its best with Titan Competition Rings!

Available in:
Black, White, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Blue, Light Blue, and Translucent
Flipper, Post ,3/8 OD, 7/16 OD, 3/16”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 7/16”, 3/4”, 1”, 1 1/4",1 1/2”, 2”, 2 1/2”, 3", and Shooter Tip

We are offering a 10% discount through the end of March. Just use the code TITAN10

(Edit: This code is now permanent. Not applicable for bulk or sample packs - these are already discounted)

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=33

Thank you,
-Matt
Titan Pinball

#2 9 years ago

Those look great!

Any chance of colored translucents in the future?

#3 9 years ago

Absolutely. If these do well, we will be asking the community what sizes and colors to bring in next.

#4 9 years ago

Neat, but very pricey.

#5 9 years ago

Nice, price is fine by me.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Neat, but very pricey.

super bands.PNGsuper bands.PNG

titan bands.PNGtitan bands.PNG

Looks more than reasonable to me!

#7 9 years ago

paypal link doesn't work, you get stuck in an address loop. checking out through your site works fine.

happy with the last stuff I ordered (all still in use), and perfect timing for this announcement, I can use this stuff for a clearcoated playfield that should be getting finished up in a couple of weeks.

thanks!

#8 9 years ago

I would be really tempted to order these for Jackbot I am about to put back together but without proven reliability, I can't send a game to TPF with new product on it...will probably order some for my own testing anyways, very interested.

#9 9 years ago

Pretty sure the pricing comment was directed towards non-flipper rings....about 2.5x the cost of normal rubber.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

paypal link doesn't work, you get stuck in an address loop. checking out through your site works fine.

Sorry you are having problems with checkout.
Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into that ASAP.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can't send a game to TPF with new product on it...

Good call. Some tournament directors get a little nervous with new equipment on the machines.
Usually, you also have to have backups in case something breaks.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Good call. Some tournament directors get a little nervous with new equipment on the machines.
Usually, you also have to have backups in case something breaks.

Well, I'm not the tourney director (thank god..) and Jackbot would be on the general floor if it makes it in time, but still..I really don't want to change out a ring somewhere in the back right side of that game if a ball nicks it and it happens to go, lol.

Purple on Met, Orange on Congo, Clear on Tron (This might make Quiddity's day that there is now an option for clears that are not hard as a rock like the PBL/PinballCenter ones!), and you don't even want to know what I could do with these on Crescendo... lol..

#13 9 years ago

I don't see how any of titans rings could fail compared to any new ring on earth failing. rubber is usually...rubber, unless it's silicone. just keep spares for the slingshots.

I'm more annoyed when LED nightmares are allowed into tournament play.

#14 9 years ago

I would be very curious to here from pinsiders who have tried these. I have a few "normal" rubber rings that crack and split too readily. If these rings last longer than it would be worth the higher price for me (as long as the increase in life span is proportionate to the increase in life).

#15 9 years ago

translucent fluorescent for Frax's Crescendo would be pretty awesome..

#16 9 years ago

I'm a big fan of super bands. Have them on all my flippers now. I wonder how these compare feel-wise. Maybe the same?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

I don't see how any of titans rings could fail compared to any new ring on earth failing. rubber is usually...rubber, unless it's silicone. just keep spares for the slingshots.
I'm more annoyed when LED nightmares are allowed into tournament play.

Guess you better be done with tournaments then, since all new pins coming off the line everywhere are LED...unless you were just referring to exceptionally poor examples of LED conversions, in which case, I agree. =P

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

translucent fluorescent for Frax's Crescendo would be pretty awesome..

Hell yeah! Anything that is UV reactive would be FREAKIN' AWESOME.

Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a few "normal" rubber rings that crack and split too readily.

Yeah, historically, the mini-post rubbers that go on the red plastic and polished metal posts are horrible failure rates IMO... usually lose 25% or more just putting them on the posts!

#19 9 years ago

PLEASE make variety kits for these new silicone rubbers as well. So hard to outfit a full game and would love to try a few out in different places.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Will these be available at TPF?

Unfortunately, I will not be making it to Texas.

Quoted from bemmett:

PLEASE make variety kits for these new silicone rubbers as well. So hard to outfit a full game and would love to try a few out in different places.

We are working on some new incentives for people to add kits to our database: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

Hopefully we can get it rolling soon and have multiple kits to offer.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, historically, the mini-post rubbers that go on the red plastic and polished metal posts are horrible failure rates IMO... usually lose 25% or more just putting them on the posts!

I've replaced my mini-post rubbers with the super band ones, and that was a real help. However, some of the larger rubber rings are starting to break more frequently than they should. So, I would be curious to see if this product helps.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I would be really tempted to order these for Jackbot I am about to put back together but without proven reliability, I can't send a game to TPF with new product on it...

Seems like that would be a great test of a new product, high traffic/high play situation. Maybe they'll hook you up with a set just for testing in such an environment.

#23 9 years ago

just bought some. they look pretty cool. I will report back.

#24 9 years ago

I'm interested in some for JP, but I notice not all sizes that JP calls for are available (1/2" and 2 3/4"). What is the recommendation for the sizes that aren't available? Go the next size down or next size up?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Seems like that would be a great test of a new product, high traffic/high play situation. Maybe they'll hook you up with a set just for testing in such an environment.

Saving the cost of a rubber kit isn't worth the hassle for -me- to do it, unless I get Crescendo up and running before TPF, which is not looking good right now. Potentially taking 6 pins, all over the place on the floor because half my games will be with vendors, plus probably playing in some tournaments.....I don't need additional issues that can be mitigated easily by waiting to test these out after the show.

IF they wanted to do it and someone else was game, DMD's typically seem to average about 450-600+ plays at TPF depending on popularity of the game and ball times.

#26 9 years ago

Will you be at the Louisville show next week?

#27 9 years ago

Sorry, no.

We're a husband and wife crew, so it's tough to travel to shows and have a booth.

#28 9 years ago

I'd love to see some colored versions of the fatter, shorter post rubber sleeves. I don't know if they're just not prevalent or what, but I've never seen colored ones of this rubber from any manufacturer.

Per the Pinball Life page for the standard black version (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=66):
5/8" OD (outer diameter); 5/16" ID (inner diameter); 1/2" High.
Stern/Sega/Data East Reference #545-5151-00

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd love to see some colored versions of the fatter, shorter post rubber sleeves.

This is certainly worth looking into.

If there is enough interest, I'll have some new molds made.

#30 9 years ago

Is the clear a "glass like" clear, or is it like other clear rings with a "cloudy" appearance?

#31 9 years ago

This is certainly worth looking into.
If there is enough interest, I'll have some new molds made.

I just had a crazy idea... If I go based on the inner dimensions, I see that you have a 5/16" ID ring... Couldn't they be stacked up to the needed height on these posts? That could look nice and certainly opens up possibilities with these posts for now. Plus you could alternate colors in the stack for a cool effect...

#32 9 years ago

Mr. and Ms. Titan were at my "Flip Off Hunger" tournament in December, and we installed these on the slings and flippers of my LOTR. They've held up just fine, and still look great. The main difference between these and super-bands is that they behave much more like standard rubber. I have nothing scientific to back this up, just my limited experience. They're easier to clean than normal rubber too, and seem to be more resistant to getting dirty. I'm going to order a set for NASCAR, because I'm tired of cleaning its rubber once a month.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Is the clear a "glass like" clear, or is it like other clear rings with a "cloudy" appearance?

Certainly not "glass like", but pretty translucent. The smaller the rings, the clearer they become.
I'll get some pics together and try to demonstrate.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I just had a crazy idea...

Well, it works - technically

Kind of a Michelin Man vibe going on. That's a 3/16 on top.

Sega Post Rubber 1.jpgSega Post Rubber 1.jpg

#35 9 years ago

We are working on some new incentives for people to add kits to our database: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

I'm logged in, but I don't see a link to upload a kit on this page.

#36 9 years ago

Type your game in the search bar. It should show up in a drop down list. Click it, and it will take you to the game's page. If there is no kit, you should see "There aren't any kits for this game yet. Why not create one? ". If there is a kit, you should see "Create a Kit for this game"

#37 9 years ago

I have more kits to upload, but could not find how to do it either.

I might have to order some of these new rings and do a review with a bounce test.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have more kits to upload, but could not find how to do it either.
I might have to order some of these new rings and do a review with a bounce test.

I love bounce tests

#39 9 years ago

Well, it works - technically
Kind of a Michelin Man vibe going on. That's a 3/16 on top.
Sega Post Rubber 1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I like it! Of course, I'd still love to see an actual post rubber at some point, but this works! Depending on the title, it could be fun to alternate colors in the stack.

#40 9 years ago

I'm putting color rubbers on my Avengers LE. Can't wait to order a bunch from you. They look great!

#41 9 years ago

If this gets the "O-Din" seal of approval, I'll be pretty damn impressed...
Always good to see someone trying to improve upon the standard without sacrificing tradition.

Side note,
I went back to traditional flipper rubbers on everything a few months back because it felt like I was cheating with the Superbands.
Looks like I'll be putting in a sample order with Titan to see if they can finally cut the Spicoli mustard.

#42 9 years ago

Here are some pics of the translucent rings with the overhead lights on...

Translucent 1.jpgTranslucent 1.jpg

Red Lights On 2.jpgRed Lights On 2.jpg

Red Lights On.jpgRed Lights On.jpg

#43 9 years ago

That is sexy.

#44 9 years ago

Real sexy. Translucent is pretty awesome.

#45 9 years ago

Fuuuuuuuuu.....

#46 9 years ago

How about some pictures with the lights off?

Red No Lights.jpgRed No Lights.jpg

Green No Lights.jpgGreen No Lights.jpg

Purple No Lights.jpgPurple No Lights.jpg

#48 9 years ago

Nice. Might need some.

#49 9 years ago

Someone hurry up and play test these things and give us a report. I am about to dig into my new TZ and o a major shop on it, so give me a reason to try the Titan rings. I really like the clear ones. I am sure I missed something in the thread, but are these regular rubber or something similar to super bands and the like?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

but are these regular rubber or something similar to super bands and the like?

These are made of silicone.

Regular rings are usually natural rubber or SBR. The Super Bands are made from urethane. Urethane and silicone share a lot of the same properties.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.