View topic image gallery

DSC_0287.JPG
DSC_0288.JPG
DSC_0299.JPG
DSC_0309.JPG
DSC_0286.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I'm proud to announce my latest creation:

Playfield plastic protectors for BadCats.

This is a 15 piece set made from 1/16 polycarbonate, not PETG.

A lot of work went into designing these. The offset edges of the protectors evenly follow the contours of the playfield plastics. They fit like a glove.

Since these are made on a cnc machining center, the edges have a smooth, machined edge to them. This allows the edges of the protectors to give off a very slight glow. The edges don't have that clear, flame-polished look.

This set is available for $62/shipped, continental US.

I've done my best to keep the cost reasonable. Fixtures had to be created for each plastic set I make. The cost of the material is much higher than the cost of PETG, and much more durable.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Here is a link to more pictures:

http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/indypinhead/library/Protectors

DSC_0286.JPGDSC_0286.JPG DSC_0309.JPGDSC_0309.JPG DSC_0299.JPGDSC_0299.JPG DSC_0288.JPGDSC_0288.JPG DSC_0287.JPGDSC_0287.JPG
#2 9 years ago

That's a BIG protector set too...most protector sets are only 4 or 5 pieces covering the most common ones. Wish Pinbits would follow this lead and offer full or "common breakage" sets for those of us that are anal enough to put protectors everywhere...even if it's just to keep the art from getting scratched when shopping the game out.

#3 9 years ago

This set covers practically every playfield plastic.

I went a little nuts on my BadCats.

#4 9 years ago

Whats up with that post between the flippers? very nice, wold love to see you do more for other games. Love how you did one for every plastic. Nice

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Whats up with that post between the flippers?

That's the way I've always seen them.

The Star post is wrong though. It's supposed to have the mini spike post, I think.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's the way I've always seen them.
The Star post is wrong though. It's supposed to have the mini spike post, I think.

the post you have is the exact post in my bad cats.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the post you have is the exact post in my Bad Cats.

The pics I've seen on IPDB show either a mini spike type post, are the steel cylinder type w/ a rind on it.

Haven't seen any w/ a starpost.

#8 9 years ago

https://img-f.pinside.com/201411/2014556/312315.jpg
picture from dmacy's bad cats resto thread.

#9 9 years ago

That's good to know...thanks.

I plan on doing a playfield swap once I get my CPR playfield.

#10 9 years ago

I ended up putting in a mini spike post like most BC have. Under the red star post, it looks like new so guess mine was born with it or put in early in its life.

Also patiently waiting for a new playfield. OP: the protectors are really nice.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

wold love to see you do more for other games.

Other protector sets are in the works.

#12 9 years ago

Bump....just in time for the new BadCats playfields.

#13 9 years ago

Bump, protect those plastics!

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

These look great. Will it be okay to hold off on ordering?

#15 9 years ago

CPR plastics are made of PETg which is virtually indestructible so plastic protectors really are not needed, however, I guess you can never have enough protection? 2 Condoms better than 1? LOL

#16 9 years ago

The Bad Cats at our local arcade has a star post between the flippers too.

#17 9 years ago

The star post is stock. All of the bad cats I have run into have had a star post.

The flyer shows a mini post on the prototype. But it also shows one of the 3 other alternate backglasses as well.

Looking at the other pics on IPDB shows one with a mini post and another with the thicker metal post. Maybe they switched it mid-run.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

These look great. Will it be okay to hold off on ordering?

I'll have them when you're ready.

8 months later
#19 8 years ago

bump for old time's sake

4 years later
#20 3 years ago

Necro bump. I would like a set of these if you still have them available. Please let me know and I can PayPal you.

Thank you!
Chris

2 years later
#21 1 year ago

Are these still available?

1 week later
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Are these still available?

Yes, I still have them for sale.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-badcats-plastic-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.