(Topic ID: 261725)

New problem Mr Mrs Pacman

By Scmitchell

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Game will reset in the middle of a game. Press start and immediately go back to playing a new game. Scores reset to zero. But old game is lost. A few balls later it does it again. My last one would do this but didn’t restart a game Until a few minutes later. This one restarts immediately

#2 4 years ago

And one more thing...the sounds all continue when the reset occurs... as if nothing has happened. but the
    scores go to zero and the ball drains no flipper... hit restart and a new game begins ... for a few balls.

#3 4 years ago

When it resets, is there a pause for 15 seconds or so where the LED on the CPU board start blinking and then attract mode starts or are you dumped back into attract mode immediately?

Low 5v/12v making the CPU go into reset briefly would be first guess. Using the test points on the MPU check 5v and 12v.

#4 4 years ago

Hmm, if you told me the game was rebooting then I would say it's a Slam switch or Tilt issue. But a reset and a new game starts? Can you post a video of this happening?? Check the front door wiring.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

Hmm, if you told me the game was rebooting then I would say it's a Slam switch or Tilt issue. But a reset and a new game starts? Can you post a video of this happening?? Check the front door wiring.

some kind of switch matrix issue where it plays all the balls and manages phantom close the start button again sounds plausible.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

it doesnt automatically start a new game but i can hit teh credit button and immediately start a new game

#7 4 years ago

I will try a video this evening. i have read where it might be associated with the flipper diodes. It does seem that the ball is in the upper playfield when it happens

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scmitchell:

it doesnt automatically start a new game but i can hit teh credit button and immediately start a new game

Oh, that makes more sense. Sounds like the games slam switch is being activated. Check the 2 slam switches to make sure they are not too sensitive. Also check the coin switches. The way the matrix is wired if you knock down the right combinations of targets and have a stuck coin switch the game will slam. Slam is a full reboot and the game comes up like you turned it off and on.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigAl56:

Oh, that makes more sense. Sounds like the games slam switch is being activated. Check the 2 slam switches to make sure they are not too sensitive. Also check the coin switches. The way the matrix is wired if you knock down the right combinations of targets and have a stuck coin switch the game will slam. Slam is a full reboot and the game comes up like you turned it off and on.

Its strange that the sounds continue on as if nothing at all has happened...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-problem-mr-mrs-pacman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.