View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xerico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#85 11 years ago

Is the pre-buy list closed? Is there a wait list?

I would like to join either list.

Thanks.

Marcus

3 weeks later
#629 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

A full day without a single Predator post? What's going on? Hunting mode?
Just a quick update on Predator + ??? poll (Are you considering joining - or did you join - another pin project besides Predator?). Here is a short summary:- Predator only : 6- Predator + Nemo : 2- Predator + WOZ : 1- Predator + BHZA : 1 (was 2)- Predator + P3 : 0- Predator + Full Throttle (formely Circe) : 0
Not exactly statistically significant yet, with 10 answers only...

Predator #127 + Nemo for me.

Marcus

1 week later
#795 11 years ago

If the purpose of the deposit is to separate real buyers from place holders, then I think 10% (or $500) is a better price point.

I personally feel that you have shown enough of the game to justify a 10% deposit request.

Whether it is 5% or 20%, I'm ready to put down a deposit.

And if any lower numbers bail out, I simply request that you give those paying the deposit an opportunity to switch numbers before handing out one of the lower numbers to a new customer.

Marcus

#878 11 years ago

No email #127. I did receive an email regarding my shirt. I just did not receive a mass email.

Marcus

3 weeks later
#1411 11 years ago

Woo Hoo!! My deposit check cleared my bank on Friday!

Now I just need for 206 games to be completed so mine can be started.

Marcus
Predator #127

1 month later
#1980 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Here is some back and forth between me and James on Facebook.
Gabe DAnnunzio:Looking forward to it James. Do u follow the talk on pinside
James Dubay I do. I check it many times a day....everyday. I intentionally did not create an account to keep myself removed from the discussions. Feedback regarding my artwork, of ANY kind, is ALWAYS much appreciated. ALL comments are given serious consideration in creating the best work possible.
Gabe D'Annunzio Pinball people are very passionate about there games. Don't take it the wrong way your hand drawn art is amazing.
James Dubay Understandably so. Everyone is regarding their interests and hobbies. Especially when investing so much money. As I said, I appreciate all the good words and the critiques. The goal is the absolute best end product. The more people involved, the better.
James Dubay Feel free to repost on Pinside. I would, but as I said, I have refrained from an account; I prefer being removed from the conversation. Further, I believe it's more appropriate for Kevin to be the voice for all things Skit-B. I just post the occasional photo updates and comments on here.
James Dubay Since yesterday: Mac modified, Hawkins modified, Dutch shoulder modified, Dutch gun modified (scale and perspective relative to Arnold from movie photo and lifelong (40+ year) gun enthusiast and expert consulted with source material for opinion on perspective and scale).

This is just one of many examples of why I am, and shall remain, committed to the Predator Pinball Project.

Marcus

#2078 11 years ago

I was thinking Undercover Brother. Maybe sneak White She Devil as an easter egg.

Marcus

1 month later
#2626 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Means that we still have a handful of original pre-order spots that haven't gotten back with us. If they don't get back with us by the 15th, we have to assume that they no longer want to be a part of the project and we will open their spots to waitlisters at that time.

So here is a Hypothetical situation ...

If one of the remaining 29 has slot #25 (i.e. 25th game to be built), will a wait list person jump the line and be able to get slot #25?

Or will everyone currently in line move up and the remaining 29 slots move to the back of the production line?

Marcus

4 weeks later
#3162 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

It definitely looks better than LW3? But isn't that really a Dubious honor? Theyre shooting higher than that. Its just ok, it's just not "WOW" !!!!

I agree.

I too think it has that Data East Vibe. Now art experts might be able to differentiate between the stroke technique, shade, color schemes, etc used in Data East as opposed to Predator, but I'm a simple pinball collector. And the style of the Predator looks an awful lot like Data East hand drawn art to me.

Now some may consider Data East art to be poorly done, but for me, I don't view the comparison as a bad one.

Now onto my less than expert art criticism of the the Predator Playfield art ...

I was expecting the art to be something that "a five year old should not see". I was expecting blood, gore and spectacular violence. I was expecting gruesome depictions of skulls attached to spines with buckets of blood dripping off the spine.

Instead, it looks like a lot of other hand drawn playfields. The Predator is holding a candy apple covered skull. The guys are posing for their team photo. Some explosions surround an insert.

I'm just a tad bit underwhelmed by the overall art package thus far.

This hasn't soured me on the project. I'm still committed to my game. I'm just not super excited about the direction at the moment.

Hopefully, a fresh surge of excitement surfaces after the Saturday seminar.

Marcus

#3517 11 years ago

I would like a topper that starts out with the helmet closed, but once you start a wizard mode it opens up to reveal the Predator's real face.

That would be an "interactive toy"!

Marcus

1 week later
#3872 11 years ago

One way to generate a LOT of Pre-pays is to produce all Pre-payer games before those that chose not to Pre-pay.

The order of the Pre-pays would still be ordered based on original production number.

Being in the 200s, I would be more likely to Pre-pay if that meant I could jump the line over those that do not Pre-pay.

The incentives now for Pre-payment are not enticing to me.

Just a thought.

Marcus

2 months later
#4803 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm humped myself into uselessness more than once and did not die.

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Somebody, put this on a t-shirt...

Or ... Somebody use it as their quote on their Predator machine.

Marcus

3 months later
#5891 10 years ago

Open Letter to Skit-B:

Thank you for continuing your hard work on Predator.

I know that Expo wasn't the success that you had envisioned, but I have confidence that you will put out a great, independent game.

I know some have lost faith and are deciding to drop their pre-order. Please do not let that get you down. There are plenty of us on the buyers list who are still committed to your Predator vision.

Continue doing that voodoo that you do so well.

Signed,

#127 Predator

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xerico.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=xerico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.