View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#42 11 years ago

Can't wait for my lunch break to watch this!

#135 11 years ago

A few people outside of here that I have talked to seem very skeptical of it and said they playfield looks very basic. It think its sort of WOZ situation where people don't understand seeing stuff in the whole process and comprehend that it's an unfinished product.

With stern they announce the game and pictures are released of the whole finished and polished game(except code which you can't see anyways). If nothing was said about this until they were ready to start producing and had a few finished ones built already it would be crazy.

2 weeks later
#424 11 years ago

Is that Roger Sharpe playing predator? That's awesome

#481 11 years ago

I think it possibly took so long to sell out just for the fact that most if not all the orders are from dedicated people that have thought long and hard about spending this 5k. I know I did and I waited a long time to be confident in that I could spend it. Wish I got in sooner but couldn't be sure on the money until then. I'm guessing a lot of people were in the same boat.

#487 11 years ago

You know they will be clear so what's the problem. I'm glad they had new ramps made that worked properly. At Allentown the ramps were very narrow and home built. They world but were hard to hit and not the smoothest. I'd rather have nice ones in black so I could see how those shots should feel and know that they will be clear when I get it instead of look I can see my ball in the in lane but I can't hit the ramp. I will just assume the ramps will work when I get it.

As far as knocking the vendor of the ramps I believe they said here they couldn't get clear ones from him in time for expo. Not sure that's throwing him under the bus or more a statement that they hadn't had time to order a set of clear ones in advance far enough as they have been rather busy

#491 11 years ago

Would you rather see the lanes and have the ramps unhittable? I understand that not seeing them stinks but at least when you can hit a ramp in a prototype game you can get a feel for flow and how it plays. It's still a whitewood. It's not going to be a perfect game.

#508 11 years ago

I had no problems with some one saying that they didn't like something on a Prototype work in progress but to act like its the biggest deal in the world seems silly. Anyone can hate on any one of my machines. I love them and that's all that matters. I love my gottlieb hulk. Can't say I know anyone else who does. Surely wasn't going to be able to hype it up so I could get a good ROI

#553 11 years ago

Don't think any magnets but I believe the said every toy will be interactive

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

No kidding... my water heater just went out... another $1000 not going towards pinball...

Should of called me! In a plumber. I could of used tht 1000 to pay for my pred!

1 week later
#756 11 years ago

5% is doable and fine by me. Since my space is so limited here I will be selling my collection (2 games max) To make room/fund so as long as I can see a decent idea of when my spot is coming up I can clear room and free up the remander funds. Just don't want to do it to early and then have no games for an extended period. Production list/order updates will be great.

1 week later
#1116 11 years ago

Just got mine. #57 and production #151. I'm happy

4 months later
#3142 11 years ago

I think I just realized something I hope to be true. A lot of people seem to think the skull seems wrong in the bottom and what happened to predator choking or facing Arnold as we saw some sketches before starting to show. Like in this sketch.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Now what if that skull is in fact Arnold's and the UV light will show the extra artwork and his face will be over the skull? Sort of uv light is reality and what we see here is what the predator is envisioning

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3146 11 years ago

It would work better the other way around I believe as well. Just a thought. I wonder how far along the UV art is. Is it done as well but won't be shown until the game is released?

#3431 11 years ago

Need a Bowen tutorial ASAP! Would love to watch that.

#3435 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to Allentown. Maybe we will see the latest prototype they have been working on.

1 week later
#3736 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah...we need a breadth of fresh Predator Air!

New prototype not confirmed tho.....

1 week later
#3949 11 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

i think the goodie bag should have a big pouch of chew

Great idea!

#3984 10 years ago

I don't even know what to think of that picture. Seems backwards progress but i know it has to be positive progresd! Any wonderful surprises for Friday at the show?

#3995 10 years ago

Will see it tomorrow. Will clear some room for some video

#4082 10 years ago

Just spent a few hours with Kevin and Aaron. Everyone is going to be thrilled with UV artwork. I promised not to repeat too much. Game is pulling together nicely.

All the plastics are going to be stacked jungle theme. Even some for covering parts of the ramps but not enough to hid and shots or flipper lanes. Jungle plastics covering the claw on the ramp so when you go to lock a ball the jungle comes out and eats it.

Another co feature being woked on is they are trying to put a back panel on the back of the playfield. It's going o have info on it to keep tack of progress info like hunts and which characters collected.

It's all I can remember for now. Time to dive home. Kevin and Aaron I was great hanging out and talking with you guys again.

#4113 10 years ago

Talking with Kevin he said mirror blades are going to be a big no no on this with the UV lighting and everything. There really won't be a need for them. It may have jungle decals on the walls to blend the theme together. They are looking into it still.

#4213 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok Kevin, how about the triangular targeting laser? Maybe you can atleast throw it on the DMD...in the hunt mode maybe?

I know something about this. Nothing can be said now but don't worry about it is all I can say.

#4214 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I think if you went the video games route again, Zelda could be one of the most complete pins out there. Everything you need for a pin theme. Of course, that might demand more than a retheme.
So, I'm still stickin with Gyromite.
» YouTube video

Funny you said that. It may of been a topic of conversation this weekend

#4262 10 years ago

Alright. To defend myself for not taking any video at the show.

It's all in the pictures. Gameplay was probably worse than the last proto they brought to the show. This was rough and put together quickly just for the show. It was appreciated very much to see it. Shots were a little sloppy. Controllable post for thr orbit was a bit wonky. Flipper power eas turned down to avoid braking anything that would put it out of commision for the show. That made ramps tricky to hit and when you did they didnt come back all that fast to the flippers. You could get a feel for everything but could tell its going to be nice and smooth. Honestly if I took video of it most people would probably complain about how it played All the good stuff really was in the conversations with Kevin and Aaron.

I will get started on working on something that everyone will want once they get there game per something a little birdy told me

#4289 10 years ago

For those wanting video of predator at Allentown here is some from a video my friend John put together of th show. It's not much but you get an idea. It's near the begining of when they get into the show if you want to skip forward. He's mostly a vid guy than a pin guy.

Jim

1 week later
#4406 10 years ago

Started on my addition to my game. Will be interactive.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#4558 10 years ago

Is say its the claw that locks your ball on the left ramp.

2 months later
#5222 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As of now, I'm #55 Prod #90....let's see what happens...

I'm machine 57 production order 132. Right in the middle. I don't mind that. Gives me a bit more time with Metallica before it has to go for predator

1 week later
#5318 10 years ago

Why is the Hobitt linked to this? Can a mod remove it?

-Jim

1 week later
1 month later
#5902 10 years ago

Was hoping for a big reveal this weekend. Was looking forward to it buy didn't get upset when it didn't happen. No reason to drop out. Looking forward to some pictures and video coming up from you Kevin.

Here's to having my predator to bring to Allentown in April for the masses to play

-jim

1 month later
#6412 10 years ago

All I'm waiting for Kevin is a nice picture/video of the final production of the playfield UV art in its full strength glory. So I guess my question is when will that be in your possession?

-Jim

1 week later
#6436 10 years ago

Awesome call on the inserts. They look great!

Am I correct in assuming that this is the playfield you told me last Monday was shipping with correct UV intensity?

-Jim

1 week later
#6577 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

As someone who worked crime scene for years, I can tell you that blood can get very "jelly" like in a short time.

Id believe whatever you say on that for sure

#6609 10 years ago

Yeah. Most of the modes on JD. Sniper mode if you shoot him a second time he falls off the tower and is impaled. If you hit both launch buttons at the right time a dog comes and pees on his in palled body as well.

-Jim

2 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.