Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tweedlefuzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#35 7 years ago

How do i get in on a pre-order? Who do i need to pester to get one of these?

PM? Email? Telegraph? How does this work?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

Email Kevin and he will get back to you. Be patient though as he does get a lot of emails.

Emailed Kevin. Thanks

Never realized this was a MI based company.

#149 7 years ago

Aaaaaand......

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But BSD would not be the same game without those center targets - keeps you on your toes all the time!

Agreed.

Kinda reminds me of F14 in that respect. Make able shots it you are aiming, but most of the time very dangerous. Most of the shots follow the same V pattern and that tells me this is going to be one fast Pin!

Some pinball machines fight back!

#205 7 years ago

Any info on the armor color/ finish planned on?

Chrome, brushed... red?

I think I may black it all out regardless.... It would look slick!

predator.jpg

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Pretty darn sure they are going in order of when you signed up. They were letting people pick numbers significant to them and/or randomly assigning at the end, but it doesn't have anything to do with how they will come off the assembly line.
Rumor also has been that if someone backs out of a number it just won't be produced, but I'm sure by time everyone at the expos see it that they'll be completely sold out and probably with a waiting list so that isn't even an issue.

This was my understanding as well. I just set up a pre-order and my number is fairly low... 105. I dont anticipate mine being built until sometime in the first to second quarter of 2013.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Surely it has to be sold out by now right?

Dont believe so. Email Kevin and ask.

kevin@skitbpinball dot com

Get to tha choppa'!

#361 7 years ago

! damn i missed the teaser photo

#366 7 years ago

Nice

The_Predator_by_stevegoad.jpg

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Does anyone know how many are left and when money is due?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-owners-club-taking-names-and-kicking

~20-30 at last check in

no $ down but half when they start making yours then half on completion

#452 7 years ago

Anyone know how they are planning to manufacture these? 2-3 at a time by themselves? Just curious.

Take all the time you guys need..... but just know ive sworn off buying all other pins until i get this one in my house. I'm letting deals slip past me and i know it'll be worth it.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think they plan on putting them together themselves (plus a few helpers) in small batches of 5 to 10 at a time. I think this is a GREAT idea and the correct way to go for a game like this.

Cool. I thought this was the case.

#476 7 years ago

Woo cant wait! Congrats Skit-B!

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

If reserving criticism until a project is finished, and being supportive of people who are trying to do something good for the hobby is low, then I'm all for it.

Have a nice life. Ignore

Seconded

Please keep the updates rolling guys. Love the style and the way you are doing them.

They really show the passion that you put into the machine. Little updates such as a picture of the underside or teaser of the art is all we need... Just to tide us over.

The videos are the best and i hope more are to come. One thing i may add is try to have some videos of a complete game... Like start playing and have someone else walk through what is happening. I would like to see some more videos of just the speed and ball movement. Would be sweet.

Keep up the good work!

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I could give a shit less what you think of my game. If you don't like it, don't buy one. Then again, you couldn't right now if you wanted to, because so many others do like it.

Damn straight!

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Is there any video showing actual gameplay viewing the playfield at the Expo? I logged on my wife's FB to view the ones up there but could find none of gameplay did I miss something?

I've looked and haven't found anything.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interactive toys....thanks for a start.....with all these posts, no guesses, suggestions, ideas or inside info.......

Back Alley is doing the toys. That is as much as i think we know atm. Thats good news as they do great work. Cant wait to see what they come up with.

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Oh crap!!
I have not PMd you all this time. Please find me a spot!!!!!!! PM sent with all my info.

Dang nabbit…

I would email kevin@skitbpinball dot com directly. I think he said he prefers that.

Your slackin' Hwawonyu...

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Here's hoping that tax returns be fat

This will be my first year actually getting a return. Most of the time i owe a ton of money (nice job and no family, deductions, etc.). Finally got a house to my name and i hope the whole mortgage thing will help that.

All available money to the Pred fund!

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I am not signed up for anything else. This is probably my one and only NIB. I am also not allowed to look at CL, eBay, or anything for sale until then so that I can save up for Predator instead.

^this

#627 7 years ago

Just watched Predator again on AMC today. Had to get a refresher course since i haven't seen it in a few years.

Cant wait!

#636 7 years ago

Just a bump for those w/o FB

p_art.jpg

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

What's the deadline time area looking like? I know there was talk of December. Didn't believe that for a second! :p

Deadline is asking to much i think. December seems like a pipe dream.

I would settle for a list that shows the order of machines to be built though now that preorders are finished

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

loookin' good...more more.

yup yup!

#734 7 years ago

2 moar from fb

predator1.jpg predator2.jpg

#780 7 years ago

5% is no problem at all

I will be picking my machine (#105) up in person for sure. No shipping required!

#791 7 years ago

The two (of the proposed 4 total) that we have been talking about are the swinging skinned bodies and the Predator's claw. On the right side of the left ramp there will be two skinned bodies hanging upside down in the "jungle" that swing and sway when you enter/exit the left ramp. From what we've talked about and what I've seen, they are very graphic and very real-looking. Should add a lot of emotional depth to the jungle area. On the left ramp itself you've seen the diverter that diverts the ball off the ramp for locking purposes. This will be converted into a life-like Predator claw that will appear to sort of steal the ball off of its path and pull it under the ramp. The other two, well... Let's just say they are going to fit the theme very well

Sounds fun!!!!

#816 7 years ago

I think the "LE" idea should be done away with altogether.

yes! thank you!!!

one solid well tested pin at a good price.... thats all you need

#835 7 years ago

shut_up.jpg

#877 7 years ago

no email #105

1 week later
#1104 7 years ago

My email(s) arrived this past weekend. Cant wait, keep us posted!

Now to watch predator to figure out a quote....

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

#3 in your hearts and #1 to leave the "basement"

That is nice!

Mine is going to be #200 or so to leave. More time to save my pennies

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I wouldn't be opposed to a Spring delivery... but that's also because I want to drive to Michigan to get it.

I will be picking mine up in person for sure.

Are you worried about going over the boarder w/ it? Im in Windsor doing some work now and i know how much of a hassle it can be to move equipment over.

1 week later
#1287 7 years ago

Love the video. I was laughing out loud in the airport!

That pic looks too cool! I was wondering what you had planned for that area... Cant wait for more updates.

Thank you again for engaging the community in they way you are. Gives me great faith in not only the project but you guys as a solid company. Cheers!

(Posted from Geelong, Australia... makes me miss MI )

#1335 7 years ago

PAID

#1395 7 years ago

Anyone have any idea of good predator noises. I think the game needs some more call outs that sound like the pred himself. He makes a cool clicky noise and some other noise when he cloaks. Ideas?

#1443 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Deposit Sent

There was a guy looking to snipe your number F_T, dont know if you saw that post. (doubt youd give it up though lol )

Checking in from Sydney. Internet is only 30$ for 2hrs/1000mb... what a deal! lol

What better to do then check in on my Skit B progress.

Cant Wait!!!

1 week later
#1526 7 years ago

Is this the shark club in Howell or Waterford?

Either way its only about an hour away at most. Worth the drive if you ask me!

Ill take pics for sure. (have to get out of Australia first)

1 week later
#1694 7 years ago

Seems like i missed a whole lot of nothing, followed by a little bit of info... then some pony's .

Cant wait to see what you guys have in store. I know itll be great!

#1737 7 years ago

Wow she is going to be a looker! Great work!

Merry Christmas

1 week later
#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Man that artwork is sick! I Love it. I can only imagine what it's gonna look like with color and uv lighting.

Damn straight! Its going to be one hell of a package!

#1882 7 years ago

Silverballer said:
Will the girl from the movie be represented in the pin? I cant recall if she has been mentioned yet and Im much too lazy to look back thru this monster thread.

Think anna's sittin this one out

I think its she is in an early mode called "catch the girl". Could be wrong.

As far as her being in the art; no I don't think so.

#2061 7 years ago

Im planning to pick mine up in person the minute its ready.

Cant wait to see some more videos/pics. I would love to see some of the boards and tech that will be used in production. Coming from the car world this pin seems like a restomod; All the style and class from "back in the day" but modern and improved under the hood.

Btw how is everyones Pred fund coming? Reminds me i have to hit up the Coinstar again...

#2112 7 years ago

Bump.

Any new infos?

Bueller? Bueller?

1 week later
#2277 7 years ago

holy sh*t is right!

Perfect

#2278 7 years ago

From FB

skit.jpg

#2297 7 years ago

Ya I believe the machine is in pieces right now.

Something good is coming, I can feel it....

1 month later
#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

man we need a locked thread that just shows updates and pictures of the game so far...I'm with Sammy you have to sift through 55 pages to find all the info

Truth.

This will be much easier to do once the new Pinside topic setup is ready. Few sticky threads at the top of "Skit-B" and done.

2 weeks later
#3285 6 years ago

Enough of your petty bickering! Moar pics!

Look what came for its test fit while I was playing.....

IMG_20130406_153706_631.jpg IMG_20130406_153632_102.jpg IMG_20130406_160126_659.jpg

#3292 6 years ago

I also heard a ton of updates as James was there too! Art updates... the skull being one of them.

Don't want to spoil any surprises as they said the update was in a few days.

IMG_20130406_145116_935.jpg IMG_20130406_145123_913.jpg

#3297 6 years ago

Fine, I will share the art updates I heard then:

Skull going back to "white with blood n' stuff"... that's a a quote

Arnold is getting lowered

The blue is getting changed

#3417 6 years ago

Different angle of the skull from Amanda K on FB.

pred.jpg

#3440 6 years ago

hell yha!

#3468 6 years ago

So I passed around the link at work to get some other opinions.

Only a couple of points... other then it looks sweet lol.

Arnold:
His peck shading is kinda off. The shading looks like his pecks are being spread out. Also the outside of his right arm needs some more shading to define it as its more in shadow.

Right helicopter:
The left helicopter looks sweet. The perspective is kinda off on the right one and it doesn't have the same awesome lightened areas as its twin.

Pred's skulls:
The skulls the pred is wearing don't have the same awesome detail as the others on the middle/Left side of the PF. They dont really need blood, but some more wear/cracks would help make them look less bland white.

Pred's hand:
I think its good it just could use some more detail. It looks kinda flat as it is.

General:
More foliage is needed, but i have a feeling i wouldn't have the same opinion if it was in a populated cab so....

Truthfully I have been staring at it with my coworkers for a while just trying to find things that could be changed.... not an easy task. Honestly, If the art didn't change much at all i would still be happy. I like the art and i think James is doing a great job! Keep up the good work! Just some spots for more trained eyes to look at.

#3544 6 years ago

Speaking of plates...

I was looking up some quotes and found it was just easier to look up the whole script.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Predator.html

#3587 6 years ago

I like reading articles and stumbling across Skit-b's name. People are taking notice.

Cant wait for my "Boutique Pin"

#3593 6 years ago

Yes.

They used my Pic of the Skull

Cant Wait! Im not a patient man i guess.....

#3609 6 years ago

This happens to me every now and then. Most recently I caught our name come up in an interview with Dennis Nordman on the Pinball411. Which article are you talking about?

This was the article i was referencing:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/will-the-metallica-table-help-pinball-ride-the-lightning-to-relevance/

#3701 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Is there going to be any kind of an update on the production order now that we've bumped down and moved around a little? I know it's still likely to change some, but just wondering how much closer I've gotten to the half-way point.

I would love this as well

#3756 6 years ago

money.gif

#3843 6 years ago

It all seems great to me.

Before I commit a bunch o' money I would like to see a revised build order and some timing as to when my machine could be built. I know things change but a ton has happened since the last time I received an estimate.

Cheers

1 week later
#3988 6 years ago

Lock it down!

Looks great guys

#4001 6 years ago

Niiiiice. Thanks Drano!

#4008 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'd think of pulling the word Predator off the translite or the speaker panel.

Ill be trying to get Matt to do something fun with the speaker panel most likely.

1 week later
#4359 6 years ago

Cant wait. Print it, Build it, Ship it!

Im ready for a nice video of a near "locked" machine with plastics, UV, flashers, and toys n' such. Hope we are not to far off from this point. I know the guys have been bustin' ass to get prototypes to the shows, but I hope we are still some what on track. I still dream of the "other" pred that is locked in the back room and not to be seen yet. Who knows if it exists.... but i sure hope it does.

Keep us posted boys!

2 weeks later
#4557 6 years ago

is that the "finger" for the left return lane?

#4561 6 years ago

Bump

duck_hunt.png

#4699 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I bet a lot of people will start their payment plan after the next big update.

Yup.

As soon as the final 100% machine is shown I will be starting to put my money down. Not that I don't have faith or anything like that.... more of a principal thing.

Cant wait!

2 weeks later
#4813 6 years ago

It's the deep breath before the plunge.

#4835 6 years ago

You guys are crazy...

This is the first real picture of a part that will make it into our games!

Im nursin' a semi... just saying.

3 weeks later
#5111 6 years ago

impatient.gif

3 weeks later
#5279 6 years ago

Production Number: 105
Production Order: 168

#5311 6 years ago

lol hAbO... my reaction as well.

The spinal cord also has membrane pieces between the discs that are not pictured. I got to hold the white prototype earlier this year... It is a very high quality piece, it reminds me of the type of material they make the skeletons out of that you saw in science class.

Cant wait. Thanks for the pic Matt.

1 month later
#5502 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I think the paint will react to the UV lighting. Thats why its an orangish tint.

My thoughts as well. I bet the skull has some uv layer on it that will look sweet in the right light.

Cant wait... Hurry up and POST ALL THE THINGS!

#5524 6 years ago

I only saw the early white prototype at the MI expo when mike brought it....

From what I saw the VUK does a 90 3-4" back from the rear base of the skull, then drops out of the upper jaw area near the front teeth. The spine follows the VUK then continues into what I assume will be the back board ~12" away (much longer the the VUK). Again.... this was the first fitting (I believe) of this part so who knows what is going on now. Here is the pic I took from the show, hope it helps skull.jpg.

1 week later
#5657 6 years ago

impatient.gif
#5918 6 years ago

The new gameplay videos coming from us will focus on strongly showcasing this advancement.

Oooh! ETA on these????

1 week later
#6154 6 years ago

Thanks for the detailed feedback Kevin!

I personally don't care about clear vs. colored inserts... don't matter to me, use your best judgment.

I would like some additional UV lights near the center of the board to make sure preds face is lit up near the center.

Game looks great! Now get off the internet and get back to work!!!

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Saw this and figured it belonged here...
Predator BEARD!

Just saw this and was about to post it here... Too fast fattrain!

With great beard comes great responsibility

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 125.00
Id Rather Play Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tweedlefuzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside