Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After seeing that last update and the cool dudes behind it I'm finally in at #224!!!
Predator along with Silence of the Lambs my two favorite movies of all time.....and Tommy Boy of course!
BHZA, WOZ and now Predator on the horizon....I'm loving it!
Congrats on passing 50k Ted!....

Welcome to the party!!!

1 week later
#305 7 years ago

I gotta say, I'm pumped about the adult language . . . I know that may sound juvinile of me, but all the little kid themes (and even my beloved XMen is really teenage theme) are getting to me. This is going to rock!

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

This post will have me humming the "Now You're A Man" theme song all weekend. Orgazmo is one of my all-time favorite movies, but seriously, it's not exactly the most well-known of licenses out there. I could think of SO many voice call-outs you could use for that game, though... How about an "A$$-F*ck Twins" two-ball? "Stunt-c*ck" add-a-ball? That's just the tip of that iceberg!

Man, Orgazmo was awesome. Haven't seen it since 2001; that would be an awesome theme; just the adult nature of the theme would generate some sales. It is so little known that many would think it was an original theme!!!! Ha!

#344 7 years ago

Just to follow up the Orgazmo suggestion, my wife now hates that movie without seeing it because i played that song three times; hillarous stuff.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Guys I love the niche of the big lebowski. But ic Predator is a hit (which it will be) we.should be talking about the kids in the B to be going bigger than 250. I mean, I'd think they'd have deserved it by then.........seriously i only have room for one pin!! Hahha

No way; let the other manufacturers do the G rated pins. Skip should be an adult only brand in my view; that would rock.

2 weeks later
#645 7 years ago

An updated playfield map is a good idea. We'll probably get something like that up in a few days.
We're also going to create a email mailing list for everyone on the pre-order to formally show production numbers and let everyone know directly when an update is made or posted.

This is a great idea. Man, I'm pumped for this game! Question, how is the music score coming along? A games music is extremely important; an annoying score can be a really bad thing.

No. 37!!!!!

1 week later
#931 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Ugh. DO NOT DO THIS! Please BCC everyone.

Yes...please keep everyone BCC'd . . . I don't need all these pinside guys having my email address!!! Ha!

#1016 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

First, I trust you guys will come up with the best possible descision.
Second, If you decide to go CPR I wouldnt worry about a few extra 100 to get the quality.
Thanks for all the effort guys!!

This. A few extra hundred bucks for a big quality boost is well worth it in my view. Easily.

#1030 7 years ago

Glad I got in on this project. Sounds like it will be innovative and adult. Should rock!

#1066 7 years ago

Couple hundred bucks at least. First, I have to say that while price is a big deal in anything and everything, CPR playfields are worth every cent they cost. That being said, the least expensive playfield they have on their site for sale at the moment is over $600(American) after being shipped. Even at manufacturers' cost, it would be quite a bit, I'm sure. Another issue would be shipping time/cost. They are based out of Nova Scotia, Canada, so that might pose a bit of a turnaround.

Totally worth every penny. Go for the quality.

#1113 7 years ago

I just received the personalized email a few hours ago. All good. They will get to everyone.

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

when we are supposed to send the 5%, I'm guessing it's now but is the CC payment setup?

I sent mine via snail mail check.

#1185 7 years ago

I would be upset if it reached $5250, and I know you guys would be, too.

I always expected the game to finish up around the $5,500 mark. If ya'll keep it at or below 5k that would be an amazing achievment.

2 weeks later
#1467 7 years ago
Quoted from prefontaine79:

cool ball save sound=Predator saying "Want some candy?" yes i realize this is pred2 but...

There are actually several quotes from Predator 2 that would be pretty cool to implement. I'd be all for it (if Skip has the rights to do it) because there is no way Predator 2 would get its own game . . . so it might as well donate a couple of its top catch phrases to this game. Would be cool.

#1480 7 years ago

I think a Predator 2 quote or two as a rare easter egg would be cool. I hear what you all are saying though and agree Predator 2 was not nearly as good as Predator 1, but it wasn't a totally terrible movie either . . . just needed Arnold!

1 week later
#1677 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This thread jumped the shark. I think its time for a "New New Predator Thread"

Please. Yes; I can barely catch up and it is a lot of nonsense it seems.

#1678 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Sigh. It always reverts back to the bewbs with you guys. Not complaining, I just dont get the fascination.

That's because you have your own set. For all the rest of us, we get it.

1 week later
#1776 7 years ago

Wow, so glad I got in on this machine early! The adult theme was the driving factor for me but that artwork surprises me how good it looks! Keep up the great work guys!

1 week later
#2034 7 years ago

Every time I log and read these updates I get more and more pumped. What an awesome project. So glad I got in on this.

#2104 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing/hoping that Predator owners will be the first to actually know the 2nd game when that time comes and we will then be able to reserve a slot at that time if we decide we want to???
For now I am more concerned with game #1 and assume that the Skit-B guys are also.
I am so pumped to be for this ride!

I believe Kevin had confirmed these items you ask about for game 2.

#2165 7 years ago

The pop bumpers look really strong . . . love the back hand shots this machine features. Looks like you guys are really making great headway.

Question: how satisfied are you guys with the current state of the music score? Is it finished? Still being tweaked? Are all scores implemented with the various modes?

Keep up the great work; very happy to be in this project and in on an adult themed game!

#2222 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

SkitB >> Just a reminder that when it comes to production time for components I know many of us will be interested in buying extras fo things like plastics, rmaps, and playfields.
Just something to think about. I am sure many of us would eb happy to preorder these extras if that is the only wany to ensure we can get them.

With how the artwork is shaping up, some of us might want to buy an extra playfield for display purposes. I know I would hang one; would be awesome. The idea of preordering these is a good one that way you know you don't over order. Those who want to pre-order extra plastics and what not could pay for that in advance or an extra deposit or something so you knew you were not ordering un-needed parts.

Also, in another thread started by Phoog where he was promoting his high end pinball glass (it is somewhere in the middle of regular glass and PDI/Invisiglass about twice the price of regular glass and 1/3 the price of PDI/Invisiglass) I recommended Phoog contact you guys about being your supplier for the pinball glass for the machine. That would give you guys high end glass and would be good marketing for Phoog (who is trying to do a discount alternative to PDI/Invisiglass that is still a substantial upgrade). Might be good for you guys to follow up with Phoog and make a deal; good for all parties.

#2229 7 years ago

Ah well, the glass was just an idea. I'd end up replacing it with invisiglass anyway as others have said . . . but Phoog's stuff is better than regular glass so I figured the Skip dudes could cut a deal with Phoog to get it at the same price as regular glass as a cross promotion for Phoog and a slightly higher performance glass for Skip . . . but I totally agree with you whysnow, I'd change it out for invisiglass anyway.

#2236 6 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

puppies for ponies,
tis only fair....

Jerry the king lawlor would support that statement.

#2279 6 years ago

This is extremely high quality artwork. I can't imagine how much this labor of love is costing you guys. The artists and composers you have hired are all doing such a great job. So glad I'm in on this project.

2 weeks later
#2315 6 years ago

Yep; I'd rather wait a week or a month and get one big update than get fed crumbs. Give the boys time to develop what they are doing and we'll get a nice big update soon enough.

#2342 6 years ago

From day one I figured I had a good chance of getting my game around Christmas 2013; I think that still sounds about right. I'm in the first 1/4th of orders.

#2391 6 years ago

Yep; I think the boys are doing this right, don't discuss pin two till pin one is being produced. I think that is the way to go.

1 week later
#2473 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

A little birdie says SkitB will have their biggest update yet the first week of April if all goes as planned!
I can't freaking wait,
Chris #4

Just don't have it be on April 1 or we will all call BS. LOL. I'm hoping they make it out to the TPF!!!!

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't worry, corvair....as long as you're on the list...people always drop out.

I have long predicted a 25% drop out rate when the first sizable payment is due. I won't drop but many will in my opinion.

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree...and gave ya some Karma!

The thumbs up is a very under utilized feature on pinside.

#2617 6 years ago

Predator related: Deadline for holding deposits has been set for March 15th. Currently there are about 30 people we haven't yet heard back from. An email has been sent out to those pre-owners some time ago, so if you've been on the waitlist for a little while, there's a good chance you'll be hearing from us next week.

Good news for many on here who are on the wait list.

1 week later
#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Any updates from Texas. Isn't the newest version suppose to be there?

They were not here at the show sadly. Was really hoping to see the whitewood and meet the gang. I agree with everyone on here, Predator by Christmas and it is a successful release time from start to finish.

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Bound to happen. Everybody in until money actually has to change hands. No worries.

I actually thought they should have charged $500. That would have really weeded out those who are in and those who are not. I'm glad the $250 opened up the spaces for those that really wanted in on the project though. Sounds like everyone that was on the wait list got in, which is awesome.

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

grapevine says BIG updates and reveals at the Michigan Pinball Expo next month.

I'm hoping for a full art package reveal. That would be awesome. Also, a realistic date of when the first game ships. As I've said all along, Christmas 2013 would be a monumental achievement by these guys doing all this work with their own money out of their garage.

#2828 6 years ago

Best update is Kevin said he'd be extremely disappointed if half these machines were not out by Christmas. That is freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!

I was half worried we were further away than that. What a great Christmas many will have this year.

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Kevin, please do not announce any specific release date. When it's done it's done. Learn from the WOZ shitstorm.

Agreed on no specific release date issued. But it is good to know that the game will be released this year. Seriously good news.

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't even like him saying that!

I hear ya. I'd be disappointed if the game slips to 2014 but I'd certainly stay in nevertheless. The project is worth waiting for.

#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would still expect a good number of people on the wait list to get games. Once they actually start requiring significant payments, more people will drop off. Kevin said less than 10% dropped during the deposit stage. Even if you use numbers like 5-8% (which I feel is low) at the next stage, that frees up 12-20 spots. If I was on the wait list below number 20, I would feel pretty good.

I think he is extremely safe being No. 9 on the waiting list. Big difference in asking for $250 as a refundable deposit and $4,250 when the game is ready. People may simply not be able to come up with the case; I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.

That said, I'm sure glad I got in on this early so I don't have to sweat it out, cause this game is going to be epic! No. 37!!!

#2860 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The number should be low, but as stated, there WILL be changes in peoples situation. Things might be greatly different 3 to 5 months from now.

This is why I think the drop out rate will be high. Also, pinball fanatics tend to be a little impulsive. Some may run out of room. Some may drop their wad on Star Trek. Some may go through a divorce. Just never can tell.

I think the game is going to be phenomenal though and everyone who drops out is going to be missing out BBB style. You other guys may be right and perhaps the 10% that failed to make the $250 deposit will represent the bulk of the drop outs . . . but there are a lot of people in on this game that have never bought a NIB before . . . that may get cold feet last second.

For all you on the waiting list, I sincerely hope you guys get your chance.

#2876 6 years ago

Great minds think alike!

Sorry, I can't help myself. LOL, every time I hear the above I think of the counter quote.

Fools.jpg

#2918 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

man, I hate to be "that guy" but I almost wish they held back on the toy until the playfield art and everything was ready to show with it.

I was hoping for an art package reveal. I gotta learn to be more patient; things look to be coming along nicely.

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I dont think people should get too hyped on the "interactive toys" thing, i think it'll be like something you do with the ball makes the toys move, or the ball passes through them or something, nothing crazy, but thats just my guess. It's still gonna be sweet.

Quoted from Cursed:

I actually think that would look awesome with one on each bumper and they jiggle with each hit on the pop. That would look great! Will need some sort of tree foilage with them though, would look odd as just the bodies.

They could do it like the dummy on party zone. When you activate it the body twitches.

#2944 6 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

I saw the full sized playfield artwork tonight and it looks tits. I promised to not share any pics of it with anyone until the show opens tomorrow. But yes, be excited!

Sounds like you need to get a second, under cover, handle on this website and load some pics up for us.

#2949 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Is the expo open yet?? I can't wait to see some pics of the playfield art - you've got my excitement peaked!

I'm waiting too; I keep checking!!!!!!

#2951 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The MPE did open at 8AM today but SkitB speaks on Saturday @ 5PM, I hope we don't have do wait that long!

I won't make it to 5pm. Will stroke out with excitement before then . . .

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Pix or it didn't happen...

Out of all 650 posts you made this week, this is BY FAR your best one!!!!!!

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If I get time after the next big update I may start a thread reporting the information on the machine and keeping it closed from comments. That is of course if some of you would want me to otherwise I won't waste the time.

That would be awesome! Many people have requested this; I think it may require Skip-B to have their own sub-forum or to sticky the post though so the updates can be read.

Skip-B getting their own sub-forum, they are bigtime now!

#2968 6 years ago

Sorry, side effect of typing while on a conference call.

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Glad TigerLaw is also goofing off on Pinside while at work.

Yea, occasionally I'll get stuck on call where my counter part is prattling on and on and on about nothing and I'll pull up pinside. I think most of us hyper posters do the same; beats listening to most of the jabbering. LOL

#3089 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Where the hell is TigerLaw? I hope he didnt stroke out!

Haha! Man, it was terrible for me. I had a client come in from out of town and I to take him for boiled crawfish, so literally couldn't even check pinside on my phone. Just now catching up on this thread; these pics are awesome I think!

#3092 6 years ago

I JUST CREAMED MY F<(*!N JEANS
Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Profanity

LOL, I know I got it in bad for pinball when I gave this a thumbs up and thought the same thing. Ha!

#3094 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

New pics of the awesome pf, Blondetall educating us on breast sizes...
THIS THREAD F'ING ROCKS BOYS!!!! RRRAAAARRRGGGHHH!
Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

Oh, absolutely. This is the best thread on pinside (well, Rob's 100k celebration thread got to be pretty good too).

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tiger has gotten distracted by cleavage and won't be back for a few days...

LMAO! Those distractions usually last for just a few minutes. Glad to see this playfield. Predator No. 37 will be sitting in my game room before the end of the year.

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well with artwork now we can mock up a game of Predator in Visual Pinball and try out the shots!

Hmm, anyone else think that looks awfully similar to BSD?

#3240 6 years ago

So, other than the art package reveal, were there other nuggets of information that can be shared from their speaking engagement for the rest of us? Thanks in advance. Loving the tid bits.

No. 37

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I believe the speaking engagement is tomorrow at 5 PM?

Ah, gotcha. I hope someone records it and puts it on youtube for those of us who can't be there.

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Is it 5pm yet??

Seriously, don't make me threaten to stroke out again (though that seemed to work for the art reveal).

#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seriously, don't make me threaten to stroke out again (though that seemed to work for the art reveal).

Man, seriously, this sucks. It is 5pm, updates should be coming literally any second . . . and my wife is making me go to a wedding for people I don't even know . . . arg! I will sneak peaks at my cell phone.

#3372 6 years ago

I heard BUILDING not shipping games in may or june. Big difference.

Man, that is great news. As I've been saying this I got in on this project last year, if they are shipping games by Christmas 2013 they have really accomplished something special in an amazing amount of time with nothing more than energy and determination. That's awesome.

#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I thought that the point of them being a non-profit company right now was that they aren't actually making any profit on the Predator run, and anything they do make is being put back into the company so they they can grow it. I think this is a "look what we can do, take us seriously" venture and they'll plan to make money on the next game. You've got to prove what you can do, and so far these guys certainly are doing that. Like they said on the video, people are taking notice and/or taking them more seriously now.

Agreed. As a non-profit they can still pay themselves some salaries by the way.

I think the biggest difference now from a few months ago is the confidence level everyone has in these guys working out of their basements and garages (with no financial backing and no usable deposits) and that people really believe this project is going to get completed and that they will get their machine.

There are so many start up pinball companies right now and I doubt half the machines planned to be built by all these companies will see the light of day. They will turn into after thoughts like the Crocodile Hunter game or the remakes of Kingpin, CC or MM. We now know that one day (and in the not too distant future) we will have a Predator pinball machine.

What an exciting project to get to be a part of!!!

#3389 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Out of curiosity, they aren't really a 501c3 are they?....

I am not sure; early on they said they were going to go the non-profit rout but they have looked into and decided the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

#3395 6 years ago

Small shot count games can be fun. Look at Doctor Who, as an example. The playfield layout to Predator looks a lot like BSD, which is a pretty awesome game. I'm not concerned about this game lacking shots.

Check out their video where they go through shots and show some you can hit with back hands from a half craddle, they are thinking about shots very carefully.

#3397 6 years ago

The software rules/sounds are terrific in the game so far and I am sure the lighting will be very cool

Are they doing all LED lighting? I can't remember.

#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Lighting will be LED but if you prefer it not to be they can put in regular bulbs upon request.

Cool. That's what I thought. I'm in for all LED'd out!

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Estimated? Bah!...it's done when it's done. (let's not fall into the WOZ Trap)

Agreed about not falling into the trap, but it is good to have some general idea of when we may be seeing this machine. A lot of us have space issues and may pass on a machine if we think Predator will be done this year but we may go ahead and pick up that machine if we think we are more than a year away on Predator.

I fall into the group above. I'd like to buy the RFM in Lafayette that is up for sale right now but have space issues so I am not picking it up. If Predator was more than a year away though I would go ahead and buy the RFM and then sell it 9 months from now to free up the space.

So knowing this game may go into production in June has helped me make the decision to pass on the RFM, because it isn't worth the hassle for two or three months of play time, but if it was a year away I would buy and play the RFM in the interim.

#3531 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Y'all are trying to get me in trouble again. I'm not allowed to talk about boobs.

I hereby revoke your ban about talking about boobs. You may now discuss them freely. (Not sure if I have the power to do that or not, but it is worth a try).

Quoted from Jetzxi:

I remember asking them about a shaker motor last year and they said it will not come with one. They were never a big fan of shakers but since I asked, they would add the code and a harness so that we could put an aftermarket one in if we wanted.
Chris

I want shaker's in all my games. Glad they are coding for it. Next to invisiglass I think shakers are the best upgrade for any machine. Anything that gives the player greater feedback is desirable. I hope the games come pre-drilled like the ones for Stern for the shaker install.

#3551 6 years ago

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.

Shaker motors are more important for some themes than others; I totally agree. That said, shakers are one of the few non-optic add ons you can do for a pinball machine (literally the only other non0optic add on you can do is an improved sound system). In my mind, ANYTHING that gives extra feedback to a player is great, few things give as much feedback as a shaker.

While I agree that you guys shouldn't incur the cost of installing them, having the game wired and drilled for them is super handy as most people who buy NIB games buy shakers too . . . at least that is my observation.

#3558 6 years ago

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.

Hey Kevin, not to pester you on this subject (but your post and my post above got me thinking), are you guys planning to pre-drill the holes for those of us that plan to install the shakers? I assumed since earlier you guys said it would be coded for a shaker that you would also pre-drill for it, but then it occurred to me that ya'll never actually said that. Thanks in advance for your response.

#3649 6 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth. Metallica has countless fans, but Megadeth fans know what's up. Spinal Tap is pretty awesome too, but they're so weird and funny that I think it would end up playing out like a backstage pass to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or something

For some reason I could picture you guys doing Primus.

Actually, what would be pretty darn good would be if ya'll snagged the license for South Park and did that theme right . . . you could do it as a partial/hybrid music pin since they have so many songs from their movie and TV show. South Park would be an awesome theme and giving it a musical twist would be pretty freaking cool.

(Plus you could toss in a song or two from Orgasmo if you did South Park.)

#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Have you seen House of Mormon??

Do you mean the Book of Mormon broadway show the South Park creators wrote?

#3684 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think that's a firm ah tive

I don't think they have confirmed yet whether it will come pre drilled for the shaker but did say it would be coded for the shaker. I might have missed a post on it though.

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Next title

Next Title

We're all working to try and convince them to do Orgazmo at the moment. "Stunt Cock Multi Ball".

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I suspect stern pre-drills the holes, so they only need to make "1" cabinet for all models (including LEs which ship with factory shakers). So it makes life easier for them, and we benefit later by having the holes there.
Skit-b would have to take on extra work for us with no benefit to themselves other than making us happy (and they don't even get to sell us a shaker).

Not all the LE's come with shakers from Stern. They seem to be backing away from that little add on.

#3709 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Yes, how am I looking? Did I move up any yet?
Chris #4

LMAO! Who all is in front of you?

#3711 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, really...

Getting close to your 100k karma party. I hope you saved some gif's for your own party and didn't blow it all out for Rob's party.

#3712 6 years ago

Just gave ya some thumbs up for some extra karma.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3723 6 years ago

Got this for your party Ted

The party is on; got our own thread for it today! Head over to it!

#3770 6 years ago

Oh, my, those thread tags made my whole day.

You should read that entire thread, from post one through the end. Truly and epic thread with all kinds of plot twists and turns. The only sad part is the OP hasn't returned since the final twist.

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

SkitBPinball
Can you make it out to the Houston Arcade Expo Nov 8th and 9th to talk about game #2?
http://www.arcadecenter.com

Man, that would be AWESOME!!!!! I remember they took donations to make it out to another show that was far from them. Perhaps us locals can get a pool going if that would be the place they would announce the theme for game number two? I'd toss in $100 for their flights happily; we'd raise the doe easily.

#3786 6 years ago

Me and a couple buddies were chatting about yalls pin number two or three today. A Roman theme would rock and you guys really seem to be the only group interested in "R" rated stuff. What would y'all think about a Spartacus pinball machine?

Talk about a lot of material and characters to pull from.

#3797 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought they said the next one would be in a light hearted vein....

I hope they stick with adult theme'd games. JJP and Stern are going for the family crowd. The Predator boys should stick with the R themes. Of course, something like Orgasmo is light hearted.

Spartacus would make for awesome pinball though. Just think of the dots on the DMD.

#3873 6 years ago

Even though many have said for the Predator guys to steer clear of the JJP trap and not announce a date they expect to start shipping (because there are likely future delays coming they can't foresee right now) . . . I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Even though many have said for the Predator guys to steer clear of the JJP trap and not announce a date they expect to start shipping (because there are likely future delays coming they can't foresee right now) . . . I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

Although, I should clarify, I think the original deposit for everyone should be $500 and not $250 just because I think that looks in who all is buying better. I have no issue chipping in an extra $250...just not the full amount.

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

oh man... IF ONLY. Hellboy is my hands down favorite comic character.

I wish they would do just one more movie and wrap up the story. It is left so open after the second one and both movies were so good. They could tie things together perfectly with one more flick and have a pretty kick butt trilogy of movies.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

That's dangerously close to another comic book super hero theme.

Oh, that's true. Although, Hell Boy is more of an independent comic book theme; like Judge Dredd or the Walking Dead. They are a little different, in my view, from DC and Marvel (which I think many are generally burned out on after the back to back releases from Stern).

#3966 6 years ago

This guy disagrees

Punisher or Ghost Rider would be cool pins if they went dark enough. SPAWN as well.

#3972 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...in 6 days a bunch of us will be standing around the Predator machine laughing and playing...
...anybody else here startin' to get a bit excited??

I'm excited for ya'll to report back to us poor saps that don't get to play it. Take some video and notes for us.

#4056 6 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks for the photos. Not to be greedy...but does anyone have any video?

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

It looks like it has come a long way but it looks like it still has a ways to go.

The toys haven't been added to it yet. It will look more complete then. I agree; the boys still have some work to do. It is awesome they are this far along though!!!

#4063 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I`m sure they will be going full bore again after this weekends show. I wasn't expecting to see a populated playfield with artwork, that's for sure.

Totally agree; they are further along than I thought. Very impressive. These guys are going to make one heck of a completed game.

#4090 6 years ago

I honestly think it just needs to be a bit darker. Literally, I mean, like the color palette. And maybe the background the same blue/grey as the translite.

I agree with this; just darken it up some. Nothing wrong with the artwork at all it is just a little on the bright side.

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

4200 posts and going strong. Of course, we're back in "sit, wait, and post pics/videos to pass the time" mode.

Tell us a story to pass the time. Something with ponies and boobs and this thread will catch fire immediately!

#4253 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Tiger- I am trying to behave these days now that I have a deputy's badge. Set a good example and all.

You are a cop? A tall, blond, cop, who likes pinball. Thumbs up for you!!!

#4254 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are a cop? A tall, blond, cop, who likes pinball. Thumbs up for you!!!

Oh, I see, they made you a mod. Congrats!

#4261 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ps. How does the bump to moderator work? Did you get an email asking you to do it?
Is there a ceremony? Trumpets? A uniform? seriously though Im Curious how it happens?

I second this question, I'm curious as to the process as well if you would share us?

#4267 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

No trumpets or uniforms, but i should see if I can incorporate a secret handshake so we at least have something cool going on.
I woke up Monday morning and had an email from Robin asking if I would like to join the team. I said yes, and by the time I got to work, my title had changed to moderator. Kind of exciting to me but really not that great of a story. It took 1 day and 8 hours for anyone to notice, and even now I dont think most know or care. I did close a thread today so that got a little attention. Those who do notice have replied with "congrats?" or "yay?" as if they arent sure if it is a good thing. So far, nobody has told me off or sent me hate mail, so thats good.

Seems like we should throw you a party or something. Like RobT's 100k karma party. I'll start a thread for you!

#4269 6 years ago

Alright, we have a full fledged party thread going on for BT now. Come join us and bring "gifs".

#4274 6 years ago

LOL Dude, everyone from this thread went to blondetall's party thread; why didn't you show up over there?

I agree, I'm ready for a video update myself but it seems they have a lot of stuff coming together even as I type this so perhaps in another week or two they will have a nearly fully functional playfield with toys and what not.

#4301 6 years ago

Everything looks good to me! Good improvements.

1 week later
#4515 6 years ago

I am ready for an update. Can't help myself; I'm greedy.

#4541 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I want a free pinball machine, even if it's X-Men Pro.

X-Men pro is a kick butt machine. It doesn't have the annoying Ice Man ramp and the night crawlers on the LE don't really add to the LE experience on that game. The only cool playfield feature X-Men pro is missing is the spinner around Magneto's magnet (not a big deal). The artwork and backglass are nicer on the LE as well, but that is minor.

#4544 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm big on total theme integration. Also, my brother and friend are voice actors. The call outs in that game are cringingly awful. I'm one of those people who gets embarrassed for OTHER people's fuck ups and I actually blushed the first time I heard X-Men in action.

You might find this is a game worth revisiting since the last code update. I stuck through this sucker and all the crap that was associated with it and I'm happy as I can be now. In fact, the two games I play the most by far now are X-Men and LOTR's. My beloved Tron LE and my Doctor Who (which some people refer to as my oldest child) see almost no action right now.

#4571 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Any new updates with Predator? Seems like we haven't really gotten anything new in quite a while. I'd love for an updated video with you playing it. The few recent clips I've seen of people playing it at shows were all pretty terrible (mostly it seemed because of the people playing it).

He mentioned earlier that he hoped the next major Predator update would be the last . . . that, in my view, means give them time to work out whatever other parts issues they may be having as they want to do a very thorough update and make sure they have sourced whatever it is they need to source to start manufacturing.

#4635 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Man I wish I was there to play it. My 1st hands-on with Predator won't be till' expo in Chicago

My first hands on probably won't be till the box makes it to my house!!!! I'm jealous of everyone who has a show between now and release that gets to play it. Lucky SOBs!

#4649 6 years ago

Man . . . what a great stream. So glad they got some floor time. I was pumped for this game before . . . can't even describe how much I'm ready to play this sucker now!!! These guys are truly making a game for home users and players.

#4655 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So Kevin, any chance of you guys bringing Predator to Gamewarp in Orlando at the end of next month?
http://www.gamewarp.org/

Does someone have a list of all the summer pinball shows somewhere? If so, link please. I may RV it out to one of them.

#4656 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man . . . what a great stream. So glad they got some floor time. I was pumped for this game before . . . can't even describe how much I'm ready to play this sucker now!!! These guys are truly making a game for home users and players.

I actually had my wife watch the stream this morning too. She is like "wow, that sounds like it is going to be your favorite game". I think she is right. I'm still nerdgasiming over here.

Are the LED's going to be color changing like WOZ and the recent Stern LE's?

#4660 6 years ago

Ok so I failed you guys... I got to the show yesterday and Predator was down.
Kevin came by and fixed something and then quickly tested the game
(that's him playing in the video)
Then I jumped on it and racked up about 1.5 bil points my third ball got stuck and Kevin was gone
So I was unable to get any more video. It was late day so Kevin was getting ready for his seminar.
Sorry for the lack of video guys
Hopefully someone gets a decent video today.
ยป YouTube video

We appreciate the effort! What you got was cool!

#4661 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I want my GAME!!!

Man, me too!!!!! Can't freaking wait for this sucker; I hate asking for a release date because I don't want them to fall into the WOZ trap and it'll be ready when it is ready . . . but it is so hard not to ask when this sucker may ship. I'm in the top 1/4 of deliveries too . . . so mine will be an early one.

#4667 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Oh my God.
I just lost my whole fucking write up.

Yea, Yea, Yea, and the dog ate my homework. Get back to re-writing!!!!!! We need tidbits!

#4669 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Has anyone posted Kevin's presentation?
Dan

Yes, see Tweedlefuzz's post on this same page, about 20 up. Worth every second of watching it too!

#4692 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sorry guys but I played this at the nw show and was awful.
Hopefully it's as you say and it's only because its stripped down.
However why take it to shows in this state when people will not like it? Won't that scare off potential customers cuz they will think it sucks?

I think they have answered this question here already. The guys decided they wanted to give people longer play times so they lowered the pitch and they also under powered the flippers to stop things from breaking.

For some of the hard core pinball players who just finished playing a blazing fast dialed in Tron I am sure Predator did seem slow . . . but that is a demo game they are lugging around the country and the point of it is to give people an idea of how it will play and how the music is and modes will be and what the dots will look like. I'm just glad they are bringing the prototype around to shows.

#4697 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I am changing my plaque to "it's not a tumor"

I need to think about my plaque. I want to change mine to.

#4703 6 years ago

the negative feedback lately has me a little apprehensive

Yes, negativity breeds more negativity. Keep in mind though you are on a message board which generally are breeding ground for negativity. Whenever you a totally open process, like has been the case with Predator, you get a lot of people who lose interest and what not during the process . . . this is why Stern does there short little pre release videos that are like two minutes and that is all you get from them.

Predator has been an open book from start to finish; so you get positive reviews and negativity. Don't read too much into either. There is plenty of data now available for everyone to make their own call. I personally feel this is the safest $4,500 I could spend on a pin.

#4726 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

4700 posts. That's one hell of a long thread!

Still a ways to go to catch XMen's pre-release and immediate post release thread. I can't remember where it ended up but it was around 7k I think.

#4727 6 years ago

No word from Kevin since the NW Pinball show
Did he make it home ok?

Hopefully he is grinding away on getting the game ready. He indicated his next large update would be the last before mass construction commences.

#4731 6 years ago

My prediction when this project commenced was the first final game would ship around Xmas of this year. It is a huge undertaking these guys have embraced and they did so with basically no prepayments. What they've already accomplished is pretty darn amazing.

#4756 6 years ago

I am that guy! Whatchya know about nerds yo?!
However you're both wrong/right. She says two versions, "El Diablo cazador de hombres", the demon hunter of men, and, "El cazador trofeo de los hombres", the hunter of trophies made of men.
She's not a native speaker, eh what?, so it makes sense. Combine them and it's easy to get, "The Demon who Makes Trophies of Men".

Oh man, all I can say is you win this. Haha!

// Error: Image 110280 not found //

2 weeks later
#4860 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would REALLY like an update on timing estimate along with an updated production # email. Just something general for timing would be great (i.e. hope first games to g o out the door by Q42013 or Q?201?).
I am one of the guys that has limited space and limited funds. I would like to know when I can expect Predator to start moving out the door so I can better plan.
If things should start being delivered still in 2013, then I will just hold onto my current collection for a while longer and decide in a few months which of my 'keeper' games I will have to sell.
If things are planned for mid 2014, then I may opt to trade/sell a game sooner and have a year to try out something else in my collection for 8-10 months before reevaluating what gets sold prior to Predator arrival.

I'm in the same boat. I have an itch to go after an MM . . . but if I snag an MM I am done with pinball machines for 2013 (my wife would freak if I added three machines in one year and I just added RFM and have a Sorcerer getting a top flight restore right now) . . . so I'm not going to scratch that itch if Predator is going to make it out this year.

#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Lol, I just saw that one for 12k and had the same thought. If I grab that no Predator, Zombie and ST though. So I passed.

Gambit has an amazing one for 13.5k, looking for a trade and not a sale though.

#4888 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Those words have been uttered countless times on Pinside . The sickness will only grab hold deeper.

Haha! Always hear those words said!

#4890 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

While I generally agree with this, the one caveat is I would like an idea of whether the game really is coming this year or if it will slip to next year. If it is next year that is perfectly fine with me, I can wait for it and I won't bail out, but if it is going to be next year I will likely buy another game in the interim.

A realistic (and not optimistic) time frame update is what I would like. I don't need any other updates but that one and I will be happy till they have the final product ready to show us.

#4914 6 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

As a professional web-developer, I can say the message displayed before was Skit-B simply forgetting to pay the DNS registrar bill.

I would normally fully agree with this, but about one day before the site went down they said it was going to go down for a bit as they were changing something . . . not sure what they were changing, but they knew beforehand it was coming down.

#4949 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

1) Its good to see everyone not committed to this project for the love of the game and theme or only in it for potential resale value (when there very well may be none) getting out now so people that really do want a Predator pin can get in, why get in the first place if you dont love the theme?

2)If you're going to commit to a pin shouldnt it be in your budget from the get go for the most part? and doesnt any kind of delay only give everyone more time to save? Personally I've been putting money away since I first got on the preorder over a year ago.

I don't get all the huff. They said no more updates til the game is done and they said they're website would be down.

This is a good post. We all know things are moving along with these guys; just last week we saw the skeleton parts for the toy being manufactured in mass and, as I said earlier, they told us the website was going down. I am not concerned about the shirt issue; just wasn't a priority for them . . . people say it is an indication they don't know how to run a business . . . they are doing a start up from scratch for the love of the game and not paying themselves anything at the moment - they are an nontraditional business model at best so I think it is worth forgiving some minor issues like t shirt shipments.

Again though, I would like a general idea of when the game will ship for the one and only reason that I want to know if I should add another game in the meantime. If the game is shipping this year, I'm not going to add anything other than the Sorcerer getting a restore right now. If the game is not going to ship this year, I will look to add another game . . . because I have an itch to scratch!!!!

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Personally I've got far bigger concerns over the Hobbit. Far more cash down and a company with a pretty patchy record of missing delivery dates and releasing machines that aren't ready. Compared to that waiting for the Predator is a breeze!

I think this is fair. I'm concerned JJP may be using money from Hobbit orders to fund the slow build out of the WOZ machines. WOZ is really growing on me but people need to remember that the person hurt most by the delays with WOZ was JJP as he still had to pay employees and what not . . . his business plan did not foresee this delay he had; so he either raised more money or is doing something else . . . creative . . . to keep the company going.

This is not an attack on JJP; I want that company to be successful.

#4983 6 years ago

This thread just hit 100 pages and no one noticed!!!! That amazes me.

#4990 6 years ago

We all know there is only one way to get a thread back on the right track.

boobs-jiggle-21.gif

#5007 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

What about big heavy fleshy boobs? Or, a $100 bill every time you put your hand in your pocket?

Yes, both better!!!!!!!

#5096 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

He used to be on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights every now and again.

He was also in a Wrestlemania. Had a "boxing match" with the "fabulous Mark Maro" if my memory is correct.

1 week later
#5120 6 years ago

Nice Kevin. I love some easter eggs

The more easter eggs embedded in the code the better for me. Sounds great.

#5122 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, page 102 and over 5k posts in this thread!

Are you in on this one Ice? Can't remember if this was one you hopped in on. Been looking really good thus far.

#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm in and anxiously awaiting the next update!

LOL, if a game is not yet released . . . Iceman is in and ready for it!!!! Gotta say, your view towards the future of pinball is great and I agree with it; the best is yet to come . . . not games from 20 years ago (though they are awesome as well and there are plenty older games I'd love to own and covet).

#5146 6 years ago

All these people being adding means they will likely updated the build order list too.

Funny, I think just about 100% of these 250 games will be owned by pinsiders or good friends of pinsiders.

2 weeks later
#5213 6 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Just yours, they are individually sent emails. I moved up one spot in production order

I moved up two spots (I think anyway); I'm now number 70 whereas I was 72 as I recall.

#5235 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

If level 4 included an "extra" translite that was signed, I would be inclined to pay up.

If the translight were mirrored that would make paying up in full a very very tempting option for me as well.

#5241 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Moved up 10 or so i think,
production #44

Hmm, if you moved up ten I must have moved up more than two. Will have to go digging to see where exactly I was last time they did the build order.

I tell you what, I'm ready for this game to become a reality. Sounds like they are making a great many improvements to the ramps and what not...I'm glad they are opening them up some to make the game have better flow. Tight shots kill flow and that was one of my bigger concerns.

1 week later
#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Any other new updates yet. Thread not moving much anymore. FB and website look to be under construction for a while now?

BackAlleyMatt just gave us a peak of the hand made paint job on the spinal cord and skull. That is a good tid-bit for me for a Sunday evening.

#5301 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

really ready for an update! It's been too long. They were supposed to be shipping first units by now.
skull looks amazing!
D

I could be wrong but I don't think they were ever really firm with a release date. They only posted optimistic time frames. More recently they were I think they said the first would go out late in the year (that is my memory anyway, someone will correct me if I am wrong).

We all want a larger update of course, but I think we can all assume the boys in their garage have been learning a lot recently that will improve the final product for all of us. Remember Jack's frustration in dealing with suppliers for WOZ, I'm sure the same is happening here and they will get through it.

2 weeks later
#5385 6 years ago

That would make one sick topper for a house with 15 foot ceilings!!!

#5395 6 years ago

New website is up now. Predator news coming soon, guys!

Glad the website is up. Can't wait for the big reveal!!! I'm assuming it will be at the expo.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Buyers need to have some confidence in Skit B I order to send $5k of hard earned money.

My understanding is that when the machine is next seen we will have a lot more stuff to see and they will be ready for release. I think it was smart for them to pull back a bit while they are going through the frustrating and time consuming parts supplier ordering portion of the project. They are doing all this on less than a shoe string budget and get a couple extra passes in my book (especially since they have only taken refundable deposits from people).

#5396 6 years ago

Kevin,

In another thread there was discussion that Predator was going to have some color changing LED lighting tied to the code? In my view, this is the biggest innovation in pinball over the past decade or so. Can you confirm that Predator is going to have color changing LED lighting tied to the code?

Thanks!

1 week later
#5449 6 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Anything new on the Predator front ? ? ? ?

At the expo a lot more shall be revealed. Expect a lot of silence till then I believe . . . but I think at the expo some people are going to be very happily surprised with the game.

#5451 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

is this speculation, or do you know something.

Sorry, I should have clarified that is just my personal opinion and speculation. I know what everyone else on here knows, that they are planning a full unveiling at the show.

#5457 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Expo can not get here soon enough!!!! I am such a nerd counting down the days.

I'm with you on that. What's even more embarrassing about it with me is I'm not even going and I'm counting down the days!

#5459 6 years ago

Ah, I wish. Sadly you missed the key word in my sentence.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

not even going

Wish I could make it, but alas it wasn't in the cards for me this year. Next year I plan on figuring out how to be there though.

#5466 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

12 more days. (....in 15 minutes)

Those 12 days need to come and go so we can get the big unveiling! I bet the boy are slammed right now trying to get things ready. I hope they have the flippers at full power and the music turned up so we can all hear call outs and sounds.

Get some video gang! Lots of video!

#5471 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Are we going to get an 'official' video prior to expo, or are we just going to have to hope some random pinhead shoots a quality vid at the show? Is it looking like the game will be ready in time?

Random pinhead is going to do it; no official video prior (unless they surprise us). My understanding is whysnow is planning on taking some video for us all.

1 week later
#5829 6 years ago

I'm as disappointed as everyone else. Of course, these guys started this project with no funding, no deposits, no history, no employees, nothing. They have come a long way from the white wood days.

Enthusiasm does seem to have dampened a bit with many. Things have changed a lot from 18 months ago in the industry and this game still feels long away. That said, I'm sticking in the project; I think in the end they will deliver; it will just take more time.

2 weeks later
#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I like skill shots that actually require skill.
1) First skill shot can be the 'gimme' + super skill optional
2) Second, regular becomes super skill, super skill becomes a combo, with commensurate greater reward.
3) etc.
As long as the display, audio and light show are clearly informing the player of the shots, the progression won't overwhelm and frustrate players.

You must be a big fan of FGY. That game has a couple pretty darn tough skill shots with great call outs if you hit them.

1 week later
#6343 6 years ago

I think they should do Ghost-busters. The new slot machine theme'd after Ghostbusters does awesome business on the floor of casinos. It is raking in the cash for IGT right now.

1 month later
#6585 6 years ago

Just watched the video. Looks great. Can't wait to see some updated gameplay and what not.

#6630 6 years ago

It has actually been referred to as the longest on PinSide, but I haven't had the drive/time to confirm.

It is number 3, behind the primary XMen thread started by pmwolf and the TF to Robin thread.

#6641 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Reading this entire thread? I wouldn't wish that on a broke-dick dog.

It does have long periods of dead air. Good thread though.

#6669 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I certainly hope not.

LMAO. In your case we hope it would be grow some and not grow more!

#6807 6 years ago

With how much action is in this thread I think it may make the jump to longest thread on pinside ever. XMen is in trouble!

2 weeks later