View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#22 11 years ago

Can't wait to see what you all come up for the final version. Such a cool project, hope all goes smoothly for you all while finishing this bad boy up!

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

kickout on the right side. Could you talk about the design choice to put it there? Looks like you could get a lot of accidental hits there. Is it mostly intended to be an exit only type of deal or is there a shot intended?

Yes they explained it briefly in the video and in past discussion. They will have a gate on there that will only allow for exits and not allowing accidental hits.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where do I email? I can't seem to find an email address...
Also, how much do I have to put down to get on a list?

No money down until your machine is up next to be built. Half then and half upon completion is the info we have so far on that.

Email: kevin@skitbpinball dot com

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Is the pre-buy list closed? Is there a wait list?

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

There will be no more than 250 machines produced, and yes, there are a small number of pre-orders still available

To be put on the list Email Kevin at address mentioned above.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Hey Kevin,
I sent you an email & a PM. How can I get on the pre order list???

Email Kevin at: kevin@skitbpinball dot com
(dot being spelled out is just to eliminate spammers it is .com)
Include:
Name - This will be engraved on a numbered plate on the apron, so make sure it's spelled right and it is the name of the person who will actually receive the game.

Preferred production number - Games will be marked with their production number. If there is a number you'd like to have, like an old high-school football jersey number or something, let us know. It's probably best to include 2 or 3 numbers that you'd like, in case the ones you like have already been taken.

Contact information - An email address is good to have, but a phone number is necessary in this situation.

Where you live - Country, State, City. Full address would be preferred, but isn't totally necessary.

1 week later
#530 11 years ago

Is there any video showing actual gameplay viewing the playfield at the Expo? I logged on my wife's FB to view the ones up there but could find none of gameplay did I miss something?

#541 11 years ago

We're looking at something of a "players' guide" for the game, one video at a time, to explain the rules as best as we can so people can understand how the game works on all levels. What do you guys think?

I think that would be awesome!!! Great idea.

#596 11 years ago

Got X-Men Pro and absolutely loving it. Not in on WOZ because the theme and look is just not for me. Also, not in on BHZA due to the price and very long wait before getting the pin you put a good amount of money down for already.

I am really rooting for Skit-B to pull this off and create a top notch pin. I think a magnet drop (ala TOTAN genie magnet) symbolizing the Predator taking a victim in the jungle area would of been one heck of an addition to the pin. Right now we have no real indication how any toys will look or interact with gameplay and it does not appear that there will be any magnets in this bad boy. I really like the stat track feature and UV lighting idea along with buttons to affect the outlane shots really cool stuff there. I love Skit-B's enthusiasm and hope they hit a home run with this one. Skit-B keeping the price well below many of the pins being released now not taking any money up front and the theme factored big in my interest to get Predator.

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You gotta keep in mind the cost of magnets. That said, something like mist multi would be killer, except its being dragged up the playfield to the vuk

I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cool feature like you and I brought up for magnet inclusion.

1 week later
#689 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The Big Lebowski "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine"

Well saind man. I'd be right there along side you with a White Russian in hand to celebrate.

Quoted from blondetall:

Wait... Does this mean now I need to watch Big Lebowski too?

Yes it does have a few drinks and enjoy the ride such a hilarious movie!

#718 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

I love the dude, but
Lebowski over pulp fiction. No way. Pulp wins in every department.

Your_Opinion.jpgYour_Opinion.jpg

#796 11 years ago

Again, we're still in the planning stages of this idea, so we are trying to figure out all the specifics. We'd like to say it's fully refundable, but I simply can't say it that way until we know for sure how we are going to go about this.

I definitely see the reasoning behind taking deposits. That said, I hope you do make it refundable as sometimes there is no way to foresee what may come up to prevent the purchase of a machine. Considering this is a change of plans from what we were told early on and you seem to have a decent waiting list I think it would be a fair way to go about it.

#809 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I would worry about a buyer on a 5k pin not having $500 for a deposit at any moment.

It's not about having it but rather about the type of money you want held up on a project for an extended/unknown period of time. There is no official release date yet and there is no official pricing yet either. Asking for too much down may not be a problem for some but I bet it may preclude a few people that would very well of paid the full price for the pin upon completion. If so many are interested in putting more down then go ahead if it would make you feel better and those that don't can just put the required 5% down.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade and I have been and still am a big supporter of the project just throwing my opinion on the subject out there.

#852 11 years ago

Wish I were closer to MI so I could do my best to get some initials on to that bad boy and meet the team. Such a fun project to watch come together!

#912 11 years ago

It was just an email to touch base with the people that pre-ordered. I bet it was even a bit of a test for Kevin to see what the best way to do this would be. If you were told you are on the list you have a spot so there is no need to freak out.

Give Kevin and the team some time not only focus on building a great pin but getting the communication line ironed out. So far out of any pinball machine maker Skit-B has been the most up front and communicative with the community I think that should provide them a little slack here.

#939 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That part alone would be reason enough for me to upgrade the speakers, even if it already sounded good.

Early word was Michael Pupo from Flipper Fidelity was going to work on the sound system for the pin and there would be no need to upgrade. Not sure if that is still the plan though.

#1038 11 years ago

I am up for seeing how the new technique would work it sounds promising. As far as testing I think it would need a good amount of play to get a genuine idea about it's reliability. If using a new technique for something as crucial as the playfield it would need to be well tested before distribution. Playfields are a PITA to replace not to mention costly so if extra testing can help ensure reliability before shipping to buyers it is well worth it.

2 weeks later
#1284 11 years ago

Looks like it is coming together thanks for sharing the video with us! I enjoyed the sound you have in the game very much at this stage. The ramp positioning seem to be improved with the latest playfield design.

The few things I noticed was a lack of overall light and flashers. I do realize it's a darker theme but even with a theme like TAF the lack of overall light on a stock pin always seems to piss me off while playing it. Lighting is one of the easiest things to add especially if they are LEDs I wish more attention was given to that department. Especially now since game lighting is really being taken up a notch by modern pins. .

This is such a fun project to see come about thanks for sharing the process with us. The way you all have taken and even encouraging constructive criticism really sets you apart from other pinball makers. Thanks for your approach Skit-B it is much appreciated.

#1328 11 years ago

I just watched the latest video by Skit-B again and am starting to get very excited. I know I am a pinball nerd but what can I do I am who I am. The sound is great cant wait to see the playfield art and toys being designed. Great news that you set up paypal for deposits. Best of luck to you and the team Kevin and thanks for dreaming up and making the Predator happen for us pinheads out here!

#1380 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I will, and I mean this, pull my name from the project the second any half assed Arnold impersonator yells Jackpot at me. The governator himself? Well, I'll deal with it. But the voice work on Oz is an f'ing travesty and if I was given one by a rich benefactor I'd have to play it on mute. I pray to the hell of the horny dragon nothing like that happens here.
Not that I'm worried exactly.

I hear you but I do wish they had a different sound for jackpot myself. Like the quote from Dillon when he finds the papers at the camp he yells "jackpot gotdamn jackpot" or something to that effect.

#1439 11 years ago

Kevin was the black light actually on for the last video? I wish you would add a few playfield lights so we can see what we are doing a bit better. I guess that can also be done after we get it easily enough if need be. Also, I did not notice Long Tall Sally song, hopefully you have that song playing once you reach super jackpot in all the multi-ball modes that would be awesome.

Deposit sent last night, good luck during the home stretch Skit-B!

Quoted from shootar:

Is the back of the line a bad thing? Gives them some time to iron out the bugs...

If anything the way I have seen Skit-B conduct themselves throughout the process I would assume they would pay very close attention with the first pins being made to ensure their are no bugs to iron out. After all the first machines will be going to pinheads that supported Skit-B's project from the very beginning so I really think they will pay close attention to detail when making them for us. If there are problems with the first ones sent out others in line will know about it which is another reason why Skit-B will be on their game while starting to build em.

#1463 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I don't remember were there any time we have heard the Predator laugh during the game? If not maybe have the laugh noise after the last ball drains!!

I have a feeling those characters over at Skit-B incorporated it into the wizard mode end game. I don't think they would leave out such a cool sound bite from this pin.

1 week later
#1629 11 years ago

Please stop with the drama. Pinballdad you have clearly stated your position some may disagree and that is fine. Lets stop with the back and forth and move on please.

#1632 11 years ago

Pinballdad this is my second and last request that you stop trying to take over this thread. You stated your opinion if you continue on I will consider it trolling.

1 week later
#1809 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Please no button. Please any God that your pray to, let it not be a button.

From the begining Skit-B indicated it is a button shooter. I don't think that has changed. I would prefer a plunger myself as well but still very excited about the direction the pin is headed.

1 week later
#2007 11 years ago

Color changing lights controlled by software illuminating the entire playfield is bad ass! Big thanks to Kevin and the whole Skit-B team for pushing this project to new heights again and again. Such a fun project, I can't tell you how excited I am to eventually play this pin with family and friends!

#2039 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

there are quite a few of us who like pinball machines to not look like someone puked several bags of skittles all over the playfield.

Hahaa, well quite a few of us are also very excited about the new software controlled color changing LEDs being used in new machines like WOZ & Predator. I say use them to your full advantage without over doing it to draw players into different scenes/modes. As always though to each their own.

#2056 11 years ago

Color changing lights are cool, but I'm still not sold on them being used in inserts and such. The Ac\Dc at our local venue has them and it confuses me hard. It's an awkward feeling to be confused by a pinball machine after playing them for 25 years (especially since I'm only 30...), so I can only imagine how weird it must be for new players...

I see your point but with how popular AC/DC is within the Pinball community and the excitement generated by the light show on WOZ I think most new pins will find a way to incorporate new technology in some way. Software controlled lights being new I can see why it may be a different experience and a bit disorienting but when playing AC/DC and WOZ I was not confused when it happened at all. I guess everyone experiences things differently.

I can see sticking to an old school approach but with no LCD this would be an opportunity to make the machine feel more modern. Not saying overdue it but rather make use of it a bit if it is an option. Of course some do not prefer modern but when I buy a newly made pin now a days I am intrigued when it can incorporate new technology that was not used in pins over 20 years ago.

#2075 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I wish JJP would move on from having all their inserts colour cycling constantly, it just looks a terrible mess. Haven't seen a video for a while, maybe that bit is finished now.

Yes the demo model I played did definitely cycle colors way too much I agree with that 100%. I think they were more showing what it could do and did go a little overboard. I haven't seen any recent video's either but my gut would say they did tone that down a bit and better integrate the color changing.

Quoted from system11:

My prime complaint against bathing the playfield in coloured GI light more than just occasionally, is that it spoils the artwork. On a lot of the LED modified games you see, you can't even tell what colours the playfield art was supposed to be once they're switched on.

I have seen that as well and see your point. It can definitely be overdone and while learning what looks good and what not to do I have been guilty of overdoing it myself. However, as I've gotten more experience with different LEDs it has become much less of an issue. This is why I really like the Premium 2 LEDs from Cointaker they are not as saturated color wise as super brights and provide better overall illumination (especially purple). Sorry, don't want to take over the thread just wanted to let you know I definitely can relate to what your saying.

1 week later
#2191 11 years ago

Great update! Thanks for showing us some of the technology that will be running the machine it was cool to get a look at what you have planned for it. How you all have gone about handling the comments and building your first machine has been very impressive. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop over here at Pinside it is much appreciated Skit-B!

1 week later
#2294 11 years ago

Looks like you all have an artist that takes pride in his work. Thanks for sharing to photo can't wait to see this thing come together!

2 weeks later
#2406 11 years ago

I agree please don't go all JJP on us and announce/start thinking about pin #2 before delivering on #1. Bummed it won't be TBL but glad you did not rule it out in the future. So your telling me there's a chance.....

1 week later
#2521 11 years ago

If you did not expect prolonged delay from the original expected release then you had your head covered deep in sand. $250 deposit likely refundable is nothing compared to what other companies are requiring. It looks all good to me they are making progress and with each update I am getting more excited. Keep your head up Skit-B can't wait for the next update.

#2523 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Dude! I just recorded TBL and will FINALLY watch it this weekend!

Ted you have never watched it .... A director foregoing the beauty that is TBL.... And to think I picked the winning number in the Gorillas first give away you ended up winning... Hope you like it as much as I do buddy.

#2526 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

And if you weren't a fan of John Goodman before TBL, you will be after you see it.

Walter is my favorite character out of all the movies I have ever watched (and that is a lot). Brilliant job by Goodman! Okay sorry for getting off topic I better go make a few white russians now.

#2541 11 years ago

LOL, wow relax all it is pinball and we are talking about a new pin with an awesome theme from a new pinball company. It's fine to have criticism many of us have expressed it here and in the other thread. What I think kind of sucks is to call many that are just excited about the project and actually like the way things have progressed so far fan boys. So they have a different view point of the situation they must be fanboys? Many of the so called fanboys in this thread at one time or another have made criticisms of the project. So if you have real criticism express it or don't. Marc came in expressed that he has criticism but will not say why. Then why say it at all?

The good part about all this is many are excited and if anyone feels that the project is not their style they can likely get their deposit back easily and a pinhead on the waitlist gets the call they have been waiting for. Not saying if you have any criticism just give up your spot just stating that it is a good luxery to have for us on the list.

1 week later
#2635 11 years ago

I so want this project to be a game changer that many pin makers thought would be impossible. Very solid code upon release and an adult theme. Buying it I kinda feel like I am giving a finger to some of the other makers out there releasing pins with incomplete code and almost exclusively non adult themes.

2 weeks later
#2799 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

"New New New Predator Info Thread"
I wonder how beneficial it would be to have them with a locked thread that only they can update? I mean, I love chatting with them and the interaction, but I know it gets tiresome looking for info in 56 pages of 'boredom filler.'

Not a bad idea I wouldn't mind coordinating that if Skit-B wanted to do it. They would just need to PM when they would like me to unlock/lock it. I would be happy to.

Thanks for the update Kevin. I was itching to see/hear more about the pin. Looks like within the next month we should be seeing a lot more. I was hoping to see most of it at the start of the month. However, these things take time we all know that. You all have really surprised me with how far you have come with this project. We are cheering for you all to succeed in a major way!!

#2855 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.

I don't think it will be that high due to how limited the run is. Sure there will be some but I think it may be closer to 10%. A great theme at 250 is such a small run and with the emphasis being put on software I think this pin has a great potential to go way up in value when released and in the years to come. Not to mention the how affordable the pin will be if they hit the $4750 mark compared to all the other pins being released nowadays. I could be wrong it definitely would not be the first time it's just my gut feeling.

It will be interesting to see how many actually do drop out. Either way, I look forward to getting this pin and playing the hell out of it!

#2880 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think that's a good number to be. I originally referred to the first dozen or so as guinea pigs, but changed it so as not to offend anyone.
Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem being early because I think these guys are going to be pretty careful with the game.

In that case I'm happy to be a pig. Never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth thats for sure.

I have faith in the team they know getting them out right from the start will be very important to the success of the project as you mentioned. Skit-B seems to be putting some serious dedication and focus in on this venture. They have done and said the right things to this point. I want to get some serious play time on this pin as soon as possible. Oh man this pin addiction is something else I want this pin in the house as of yesterday.

#2962 11 years ago

I'm sure they want to unveil the playfield art at their seminar. I do hope that pics are shared with us soon after that happens. We have many buyers on Pinside and we all know how impatient us pinheads can be.

Quoted from ChadNC:

Really!! 100 new posts and nothing? I read through 100 new posts and thought sure theyre was something. We need a thread for updates only.

If I get time after the next big update I may start a thread reporting the information on the machine and keeping it closed from comments. That is of course if some of you would want me to otherwise I won't waste the time.

#2977 11 years ago

Okay I will work on it. Please help me out by not posting in it if you see it open as I will have to delete the post to make sure it is 100% information on the pin. Favorite the thread and it will make it easier for you to keep track of I will bump it to the front page from time to time to help you all find it. It will be called 'Predator Updates'. It will take some time to compile the info so please cut me some slack I'm just trying to help make it easier on those that want information on the pin.

#3079 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

It's a bit more "colorful" than I was expecting,
But ill reserve final judgement until we see it all populated. It makes a huge difference.
I always think of the Dark Horse comics when I think of Predator. I guess I was envisioning a darker look.
Either way, well done for the artists first effort.
If it were me I'd probably be taking this finished art into Photoshop and playing around with different tonalities and effects to explore a few different options for the final.

Well said Drano I'm with you 100% on that.

#3118 11 years ago

Texturing detail look great and I love the camo look on Arnold's face. Only thing glaring to me was the left and right shoulders of Arnold what is going on there? It looks off doesn't it? Well that and the coloring of the skull the Predator is holding that could be made to look much darker/creepier IMO.

#3121 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

EDIT: I should note, I understand what you folks are seeing, but for whatever reason it's not an issue with me. I think it's pretty clear the drawing is a mash up of at least these two stills:
http://entertainmentmongers.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/10104031aarnold-schwarzenegger-predator-posters.jpg
http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/p/r/e/predator-1987-07-g.jpg
The general set of the pose is in the second, as is the grip on the gun, but the shirt off look and the set of the shoulders are from the first. Note the squared flex of the forward shoulder. The combination of the two poses, one basically at rest, the other flexed might be adding to the unnatural look some folks are seeing. If I still had Photoshop I'd do a quick alpha reduction overlay to compare the two.
The forward shoulder has a bit of extra meat on it, I see it, but... I don't know. Seems like heroic perspective to me I guess. I'd not be disappointed to see it trimmed a bit, but if I'd way rather see that skull recolored and the insert above his head missed.

Navajas, I agree that first picture is likely what was used for the drawing. However, if you look at the shape of Arnold's left shoulder in the picture it looks much different than the shape of the shoulder in the drawing. Big difference there IMO. I think that may be the main reason it looks off to some of us. I agree with you on the coloring of the skull.

#3280 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Tron LEs they made 400 and they were 5600.00. They also didnt sell out right away either. Also Stern has a little bit more overhead than some kids in the basement.

That is not today's price point for LEs it is well above that now and 400 is a lot more than 250. Also, all that overhead and stuff to do make some things get overlooked like the code on the pins upon release. Some have been almost unplayable and some have gone unfinished. I think the code upon Predator's release will feel done to players which would be a welcome change IMO.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I also want to point out nobody here has seen the UV layer yet. Wanna get my eyes on that.

I was caught a little by surprise by the art package and was expecting something a little different given the backbox art they went with. However, as you said there is a whole other dimension to the art package (UV layer) that we haven't seen yet not to mention the plastic and toys. As Skit-B mentioned the art is not final so there may be some revisions to come. So I will just have to wait to pass judgement it's hard to get a feel for how it will all come together at this point.

#3382 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am also assuming there will be some sort of randomizer (magnets?) in the finished game, esp since the pops currently do very little to randomize the game (i.e. causing more drains).

From what they have said I doubt any magnets will be going in the game. That is one of my concerns as well that left side seems pretty bare and the only randomizers appear to be the two targets. I guess how the two ejects kick the ball into the pops may provide some unexpected gameplay but I'm also wondering if that is enough.

#3491 11 years ago

Shape of Arnold's left shoulder a bit off and too big IMO. Image posted by spfxted above has a much different more natural shape to it. An artist should be able to identify it. New skull looks great big improvement IMO. Love the idea of adding more foliage To make it more jungle like darkening the background color/tone would also be an improvement. Man I am getting so excited to see this beast come together. Best of luck on the home stretch Skit-b.

Your response to customers feedback is absolutely unheard of and very much appreciated!

#3536 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It just always seemed to me that putting in something that shakes a machine full of electronic equipment is not a good thing...

Come on Ted pins are designed to be shook about. Shakers add a cool effect like TigerLaw I want em in all my pins. I can see that some don't prefer that type of feedback though as always to each their own at least it's optional both can have their preference here.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope the games come pre-drilled like the ones for Stern for the shaker install.

That would be nice for sure I was thankful Stern started doing that on all their pins.

***On a side note Robin was nice enough to sticky the 'Predator Updates' thread to the top sticky material in the main forum page. I will try to keep it as up to date as possible.***

#3539 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

How hard is it to put one in and/or take one out? I may have to get one for my new Spidey and then maybe swap it to Predator just to see what the difference is.

It is not all that hard at all. A little stressful drilling through the bottom of the pin but it comes with a template you put the wholes where they are supposed to go and install and uninstall are pretty simple probably 15 to 20 minutes a bit longer if it is your first time and you take your time.

#3540 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yer gonna have 100 people looking at the artwork and 100 opinions. At some point ya gotta take it in and do what YOU want to do. No matter what, SOMEONE is not gonna be happy. Don't knock yourself out with every little comment. If the art stayed as it is now, I would not be unhappy.
It's great that you were able to make some changes, but, this COULD go on forever...

I love that Skit-B asked for constructive feedback and will change some things to benefit the game for its buyers. I would never want to discourage this rare desire to hear what the customers have to say about certain things. They seem to be doing a great job of identifying what feedback could really make the pin better and running with it. It's not going on forever since they said this feedback needs to be in quickly because they will be running with any changes and coming up with the finished art package very soon.

Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it was great talking with them because I FINALLY found someone like myself that is NOT a fan of Shaker Motors, Mini-Playfields or Multiple Flippers!

I certainly hope they don't rule things out like those things in the future. I hate when Pin companies limit the creative process and do things only one way. Spice it up provide a little change in your pins let the creative process dictate what to put in the pin. To never release a pin with three flippers or mini-playfields would get a little bland after a few of em.

#3627 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I know we talked about this a year ago. Has it been stated if any of the music from Predator is gonna be in the pin?

It's going to be many of the musical scores from the film including Long Tall Sally for Multi-Ball Super Jackpots. A different score for each mode is what I remember all taken from the film.

#3772 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Now payment plan? Didn't see any information on the Predator updates about this.

Man I am on vacation give me a day or two to put this stuff up cut the dude some slack.

#3877 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

One way to generate a LOT of Pre-pays is to produce all Pre-payer games before those that chose not to Pre-pay.
The order of the Pre-pays would still be ordered based on original production number.
Being in the 200s, I would be more likely to Pre-pay if that meant I could jump the line over those that do not Pre-pay.
The incentives now for Pre-payment are not enticing to me.
Just a thought.
Marcus

That would be totally contradictory to what early supporters were told. From how SKit-B have conducted themselves throughout this project (class acts) I highly doubt they would consider doing this. Would be like taking people's money to cut in line just not the right way to go about it IMO.

#3936 11 years ago

Lets get some lasers in this beast either for topper or playfield looks like Sterns upcoming release will have something to the effect we would be looking for in a 3 beam triangle.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-with-frikkin-lasers#post-829000

#3945 11 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Probably asked about already, but are the dangling bodies and the skeleton VUK the only toys for Predator?

A while back they mentioned a proposed total of four. One that will most likely be in the game not mentioned above is the Predator claw that will steal the ball off a made left ramp shot to symbolize a ball being locked.

Quoted from shootar:

Mine will be getting tri lasers regardless whether its factory or mod....

Yea if it isn't in the production game it will be a must add mod but I'm still holding out hope they may find a way to include it somehow. I think it would be a great opportunity to generate some excitement if they find a way to make it happen in the final design. Lasers do have their safety issues so an alternative would likely be needed making it less likely to be incorporated in the production game unfortunately.

#3974 10 years ago

I can't wait to see this beast come together! Big thanks in advance to anyone that can send some video or pictures our way. You know us addicts need our medicine.

#3979 10 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

Is the shaker motor code going to be for a Stern shaker or some other type? I have a chance to get a Stern shaker, but do not want to waste my money on it if it will not work with Predator.

I am almost positive you will be able to use a Stern shaker to work with the game no problem. But there is no real need to buy a shaker in advance unless it is at a great deal.

#3992 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Here's a question I'm not sure if it's been asked or not. Is the game gonna come stock with protectors on the kickouts or possible problem areas such as ramps and drops?

Good question I don't remember hearing anything about this type of stuff. I'm not sure why they don't go the route of putting a metal protector in the area the ball kicks onto the ramp like in the picture below. I know they say their ramps are pretty solid but it is concerning seeing an area where the ball drops on a plastic ramp with no protection.

metal_drop_protector.jpgmetal_drop_protector.jpg

#4075 10 years ago

I must say I'm liking the look of the refined artwork looks much better than before.

#4080 10 years ago

No pin is for everyone maybe no one should talk you off the ledge so another pinhead that wants on gets a shot at getting it.

#4103 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

When I make up my mind *if* I decide to bow out another pinhead will certainly get a shot as I know there is a line behind me. Trying to get others opinion who may be teetering like me. But thanks for trying to nudge me off the ledge over the cliff.

I didn't mean it in a bad way or to get your goat. Some of us won't be able to play it so we have to go with our gut about the look and play. If yours is telling you it isn't for you then you may not want someone to talk you out of it that is all I meant.

#4131 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Everything sounds great, but man, what happened to that great bone colored skull they showed us and who put strawberry jelly all over my wintergreen skull? Ha. Damn!

I think the art is starting to come together. I do hope they end up with darker shade of white on the big skull (use same white as on smaller skulls just below the inserts) and go with the same blood style/look that is currently on the left outlane on the skull. That would look great IMO. A darker shade of blue would also be a welcome change to the lower playfield.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4179 10 years ago

They have asked for opinions/criticisms and I think change for the good has resulted from the back and forth. I am as big a fan as anyone of this project and how Skit-B has gone about this so I am by no means hating or encouraging it. Rather pointing out some things that looked off to me as some others appear to be doing.

Some of us have not played it so the only critiques we can provide is regarding the aesthetics which are important especially with a theme like this. Its a testament to the Skit-B crew that they have been so open and asked for our take on the state of things. I am cheering for them without question as most of us on this thread are.

#4273 10 years ago

I'm craving a big video update. Man I am a pinball addict for sure. I know these guys are working hard & these things take time. I am just excited to see whats in store for us!

#4309 10 years ago

Wow, you guys are awesome!! Thank you so much for fixing Arnie's shoulder it looks much better now. This is such a big reason why this project is so cool. Here you all are working your tales off and you have some pinheads (me included) voicing concerns regarding a few details in the art. Instead of rolling your eyes and just moving on you listen and actually make changes for the better. This project is just so fun to be a part of and mainly becuase of the Skit-B crew and their approach to building the Predator.

I suspect most if not all the artwork is on or close to the final version. If it is not final then one suggestion I would make is to remove most if not all of the the smaller stray dots of blood on the skull and connect the top line of blood along the crown. I think that would make it flow better and give it a bit more natural look. I know I'm nit-picking here just throwing it out there in case there may be another revision.

2 weeks later
#4543 10 years ago

X-Men Pro is a bad ass pin if you don't want it I hope it goes to another pinhead that loves it.

#4600 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The hanging body is not attached to a coil or switch.

It should be IMO especially if there will be only one swinging body. That way it could shake and be interactive with certain hit shots/modes. Adding a coil to activate the swinging body would of been a very welcome addition. Still very much looking forward to seeing how this beast turns out. Best of luck to the Skit-B team!

1 week later
#4693 10 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of proto machines at conventions they seem to give some fans & potential buyers the wrong impression about a pin and its play. I have noticed that with some protos I have played at expos. Like to see them there but man somtimes the play & setup of a proto can turn potential customers away.

3 weeks later
#4864 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, I just saw that one for 12k and had the same thought. If I grab that no Predator, Zombie and ST though. So I passed.

Been there and played that a hundred times before bring me Predator and a bad ass Star Trek pin and I will be all good. That said, any pin that starts at over 10K you can count me out.

#4911 10 years ago

Oh ye of little faith. I'm still with you all Skit-B and happy to be early in the production line. I know it is tough to give estimates on when a game will be delivered. But could you maybe start by providing an (non-optimistic) estimate on when the first totally complete pin will come to fruition?

#4931 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Be careful what you wish for when it comes to asking for any types of dates weather optimistic or not. When you have money invested (yes, you are an investor) in a startup company like a JJP or SkitB, its extremely hard to be critical and supportive at the same time as the whole situation can spin in another direction real quick.

I disagree on a project like this with only $250 invested it is not like JJP taking 6K + for 2 years. And it is not unreasonable to want to know when you will have to pay for a machine. All makers should strive to provide solid/honest estimates IMO. I am more careful with my money then I am about asking when it needs to be put towards a project.

#4993 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Anyone politely or impolitely asking for updates because they have at least $250 in the deal needs to just chill out and wait. If you can't wait, get out. This is not the pinball machine for you. Quit pestering Skit-B. The more you pester, the longer it is going to take. Does anyone realize how long it takes to get back on task when you get interrupted?
I personally do not want a rushed out piece of crap pinball machine just to satisfy the few squeaking wheels.
My message to Skit-B: Ignore us and do the job!

I'm going to politely suggest Skit-B ignore this message. Please do not consider your fans questions and requests as pestering. We are spending a good amount on this project and don't deserve the well if you have questions just get out. It is easy for some on the back end to say oh it is all good come out when ever. You will get an idea on when you will get your pin based on the ones before you. Those in front do deserve a bit of notice. IMO it is a big mistake for us to communicate to makers 'ignore us' we are their fans and buy their products. Instead I would say listen to us even if you don't take everything 100% serious listen to your fans. Just as others have begun to listen to fans complain about unacceptable code and improve on games that might of been left by the waste side if fans did not speak out and say something.

#4997 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

But i guess if you have never "worked" for a living, you have no perspective. "I want (my Skit-B pinball machine) a golden goose daddy and I want (it) one now (stamps foot)!)
How many people work at skit-b? Two? Three? Do you want the skit-b time focused on making a kick ass pinball machine or fluffing your junk?
When I see some of the replies on this thread I just cringe at the selfishness and entitlement attitude.

Well you make some serious presumptions for not personally knowing the people you claim have never 'worked' for a living and have no perspective. If you were trying to imply it in my case I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Not to mention pretty rude. You are welcome to run your business how you feel fit but it is a bit short sighted to think all businesses should or will operate in the same manner.

If by fluff my junk is referring to wanting to know when $5K will be needed then yes give it a good fluffing please. What makes me cringe is people pretending like they personally know others and throw out silly words like if 'you've never worked for a living' and what not. Like you can barely see those you are looking down upon from your high horse. I am fine agreeing to disagree but am not with someone throwing out broad insults regarding people they don't know anything about.

#5056 10 years ago

Sounds like crunch time best of luck to the Skit-B team! We know this is not a set in stone timeline as this is the teams first crack at this. Skit-B seems determined to make sure it is right before starting production. Thanks for the target date you have a bunch of pinball addicts pulling for you and drooling in anticipation.

Quoted from spfxted:

We don't complain about boobs!

You sure about that Ted?
image.jpgimage.jpg

#5091 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

That boxer is Butterbean, "King of the Four Rounders". His real name is Eric Esch.

Oh I remember him I was an avid boxing fan back in the day.

#5110 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I like it! Sounds like its a deep game with lots of layers to it that will have people playing for a while.

I hope your right! I want Predator to be in the collection for a long time to come. This has been a fun ride to be a part. I just can't wait to see the UV layer and plastics. I have a feeling this is going to be something special at a great price compared to other skyrocketing NIB pin prices.

1 week later
#5166 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure if there are TONS of people dropping out. We knew there would be a bunch when it got serious. There are also some trying to figure if they want a Predator, Star Trek, Hobbit, etc. Many can only afford one a year.

Hit the nail on the head Ted. I think it has to do with that and the fact that pinheads are an impatient bunch sometimes. Most of the time we want pins in the house now not later. The good part of this are new pinheads that really wanted in on this have their spot in line. I'm hoping to be blown away by the next update and have the feeling I will be. Congrats to all those that made their way onto the official list!

#5176 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm looking at a $40k movie poster....

I have a nice NOS movie poster I can give to you for the very reasonable price tag of $19.5K. Buy one now I will send a second one free you just pay the extra shipping and handling.

1 week later
#5191 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Been over 3 weeks now Kevin. I have not received any email updating build order. I have waited several months for this information. Can you update me?
Thanks,
Pinballdad

Dude, honestly unless you are in the first 10-20 to be produced does it really matter at this point? Let them get the first complete pin built then give you a number which will still be meaningless in terms of when you will get the pin untill we see how long it's taking them to produce pins. The number is even more meaningless now since large deposits have not been asked for. Who knows how many more will drop out at that stage? It's going to take some time.

Their primary concern right now is probably (and rightfully so) getting the first complete model built and accumulating all the parts needed for production.

#5197 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

The original concept was half at production and half at delivery.

That is what I meant by large deposit Marc. My point is most likely a few will drop out when half is required when their machine is up so production numbers could still change a bit.

Quoted from Pinballdad:

Your business is yours...mine is mine. Please don't try to force your opinion on my business. I fail to see anything wrong with my business wanting to receive something that has been promised face to face and also in this thread.

It seems to me like you have trolled this thread on more then one occasion. That makes it my business. You have made your desire to be updated very very clear in this thread on numerous occasions. No one wants to hear someone request something numerous times then throw a fit each time they don't get an answer. Please, I am asking you to stop with that on this thread.

#5202 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

That is not trolling, come on. Is somebody days he will send you something, and he does not. Why cant you ask for it then? Your even a costumer.
And so far i see, he asked it nicely.
This forum is full of people that like to call anybody a hater or a troll, just for nothing. Its becoming so bad that the trollers are mich less worse then all those whiners about trolling.
Just discuss pinball and have fun. And when somebody asks something you dont like, dont respond.

That is your opinion. As a moderator when I think something has gone over the line I have to step in and say something. In reviewing the entire thread I disagree with you and that is the reason he was asked to stop.

#5204 10 years ago

You are more then welcome to disagree with my assessment. That said, when I ask for someone to stop something they do need to stop doing it. People can ask questions but when it goes as far as it had throughout this entire thread at some point it needs to stop. This is that point.

#5224 10 years ago

Well doesn't look like any in the top ten have bailed. Come on guys move outta the way! Thanks for the update can't wait to see what is in store for us!!
Machine #23, Build #11

#5229 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Anyone remember (off the top of their head) what page of this thread that went over the Tier pricing (and what you get for each tier)? I'm kicking the idea back and forth, but I have an issue sending in half when I haven't even seen the plastics in the game (so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on much by only submitting full payment after I see the finished product).

That information and much more can be found in the Update Thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

#5271 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

You stop with jumping in on my business trolling. Simple.

When someone wants to make a thread all about them and their drama that is where I draw the line. I am sorry if you disagree. However, when asked to stop something please do. Posting 4 posts in a row it is not stopping it just makes things worse and further demonstrates the statement made earlier regarding trolling the thread.

#5288 10 years ago

I'm hoping a topper is one of the surprises they have for us made by Matt of Back Alley Creations. Perhaps with a LED triangle to look like the Predator laser, fingers crossed.

1 week later
#5341 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If we can get a high rez copy of this art, I can do the graphics and get it ready to be made into an alternate translite....

I like this one.

2893697-The_Predator.jpg2893697-The_Predator.jpg

1 month later
#5456 10 years ago

Expo can not get here soon enough!!!! I am such a nerd counting down the days.

#5458 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm with you on that. What's even more embarrassing about it with me is I'm not even going and I'm counting down the days!

You lucky dog!! Hope you have a blast wish I could make it. Well I guess I'm pretty darn lucky as well as I get to find out the gender or my 2nd child that Friday.

Play pins like there is no tomorrow at expo and have a blast my friend.

#5460 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I wish. Sadly you missed the key word in my sentence.

Hahaa, yes I did. There were a few beverages involved tonight so you need to make some exceptions.

1 week later
#5483 10 years ago

Finalized paint job and ready to install. Definitely more to come, but this was just too cool to not share right away!

That looks awesome thanks for sharing the pic!! Good luck to you and the crew at expo and in the weeks to come!

#5531 10 years ago

I just can't wait to be playing the finished pin in person. Such a fun project to see coming to fruition. So excited to see what is in store for us.

#5537 10 years ago

Better get ready because it is coming and it's awesomeness might just overwhelm every last one of us if we are not prepared.
PREDATOR.jpgPREDATOR.jpg

#5541 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

where did that picture come from? the art definitely originated from the playfield art, did they end up redoing it?

No this was just a picture I came across not from the playfield art to my knowledge. Just thought it looked pretty similar to the art on the field which is why I posted it.

#5551 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Anyone know about Cliffy's for Predator? A search didn't bring up anything. I PM'd him since I live close by and offered my game for measurements.
Do you think Predator needs them (i.e. do you see potential wear spots)?

No I really don't see to many spots for wear other than usual shooter lane. The jungle scoop seems to be much like the doc ock scoop and I never notice any wear around that area left unprotected on SM. The right scoop may be a candidate for something but it is hard to tell. Only thing that I can think of other than that would be the ramp entrances perhaps.

#5600 10 years ago

Come on guys no more customs until Predator is at my house being played.

#5606 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Why do the moderators censor profanity? It seems pretty ridiculous, especially in a thread about a adult Pinball game. Not to mention they could easily implement/enable a profanity filter if it was really deemed inappropriate.

Why complain about it or just not do it? You can censor your self a bit so all know what your getting at. This isn't 'nam man there are rules.

#5612 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I think editing "naughty" language on this site is completely f*c*ing ridiculous. (How many '*'s are required before a string of letters is deemed inoffensive?) There's a big difference between adults speaking like adults and someone going out of their way to be an a55hole. I type like I talk... once my kids go to bed anyway. Calling someone a moth3rfuc**r deserves moderation and discipline but it's the sentiment and intent that counts, not the letters conspiring to offend our... what, eyes? Ears?
I think in 20 years we might be beyond this bu11sh!t, but who knows?
And, while I think The_Dude is an excellent moderator and is only enforcing the rules of the site, it is just about the height of irony that a Lebowksi fan spends his time running around editing out people saying "f**k".

What I think is ridiculous is that a bunch of pinheads that love and use this site focus on the things they dislike about the staff that keeps things running and the rules they don't like instead of expressing a bit of gratitude. Just sayin...

#5617 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Gotta love the unwritten rules that are arbitrarily enforced!

You could always make your own site and have your own rules there...

#5633 10 years ago

NAVAJAS, no issue with you just hear a lot of this type of stuff and said something this time. Usually I just let it go that is probably the best thing to do. I don't think you attack people or are a problem here. It's all good.

#5727 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Some more pics.

The previous translite looked much cooler IMO but I love the red trim!! Thanks for the pics all you guys rock!!

Quoted from Jared:

Some guys just hooked up a UV light to shine on the play field here at EXPO. It was said that the glow features were in this play field...
Nothing showed up.
Watch a recording of the video here.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Well I hope it shows up when the lights go on under the glass this was one of the major selling points of the pin IMO.

#5730 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

What was different about it? It just had Dutch and Hawkins (or Poncho?) at the bottom and the Predator title was a little higher right?

I liked how it kind of blended into each other cool effect IMO.
image-920.jpgimage-920.jpg

#5738 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quick notes:
-hanging body paint will match skull/vertebrate
-IMHO vertebrate looks like crap since it is now shifted to the side instead of over the VUK wireform. It appears that VUK is taller and hence spinal cord needed to be twisted to side in order to fit under glass. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED which would probably mean Matt needs to make a new spinal cord for in the game (side note> the topper add-on/extra I assume? big spinal cord looks really cool!)
-Plastics are much better in person than in pics. They are a bit cartoony but work for the most part.
-Cab and cab art looks AMAZING in person! WOW. Red trim> WOW. New plasma display (I got to see some animations while Kevin was going through code updates >> WOW
-Ramps look muck better but since I did not get to play it I can't really evaluate them.

Thanks for sharing pics and thoughts much appreciated!

#5740 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Showing you can't please everyone, I love the cabinet, think the translight is way better, and, unless it grows on me soon, really don't like that red armor. Ha. Oh well.

Yeah for sure sounds like we like/prefer totally different things on this one. To each their own.

#5750 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There are games with UV reactive playfields, like Scared Stiff and TFTC. There has to be a way to make it work through clear coat.

I sure hope so!! They still have lighting strips on the side walls so here's hoping they figured or will figure it out.

#5798 10 years ago

Yeah this is definitely a bit frustrating after waiting so long for any substantial updates. Kind of stinks that there is absolutely no info on Predator on the Skit-B website. I almost wish they just focused on getting everything buttoned up and released a video for us rather than going to expo with a machine not ready for prime time.

#5834 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Kevin. Please know that although there are some frustrations being expressed most of us are still pulling for Skit-B's success and great anticipation to get the pin in our homes. So sorry to hear about your loss wish you and the family the very best. Keep your head up buddy us pinball addicts want to see you all hit this out of the park!!

#5925 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Hehe, you guys are too funny. I'm sure my number will find a good home, however as of now I haven't heard back from Kevin yet on my refund so for the time being I guess it's still mine.
Muahhahahahaha (in my best evil genius laugh possible)
The bidding shall start at Eleventy Dollars!

For obvious reasons you will have an open invite to come on by and play Predator at my place when I get it.

#6025 10 years ago

I agree looked cool indeed. Thanks for the video!

#6119 10 years ago

A lot of people like the clearer inserts, but I have to admit that I on somewhat on-the-fence about them. Let's put it to an informal vote! Also, no color-changing LEDs on this game. Am I seriously the only person who gets confused as hell by color-changing LEDs and what they mean for the game in play?

This is somewhat of a bummer IMO. To me nothing is confusing if some lights in certain modes change a different color than the regular. It adds to the overall ambiance of the mode it coordinates with. If different colors indicate progress on different modes especially if they stack it can actually be very helpful. Stern did a pretty good job on this with ST and hopefully will refine it. Not to put too much of an emphasis on it but I do remember you said there would be some color controlled lighting a while back. Way too monotone to put bright white in all the GI if there will be no color changing going on IMO. Bright white has a way of washing out the art on plastics.

I really hope you do include some colored inserts especially if there will be no color delivered via lighting.

#6123 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Thus, I'm more in the Skit-b camp on this one. Unless the color is really being used to heighten the effect, I'm indifferent about its inclusion.

I think some color changing type of lighting effects for some different modes would really help immerse the player in the game. It's not the 90's anymore with many pins pushing the envelope looking to come up with some new things. It wouldn't hurt to try and use a little programed LED color changing technology to draw people in. They did mention that they would use this a while back which is why I was a bit disappointed. Just putting bright white LEDs in for all GI is kind of an easy way out. I guess we will have to wait to see how effective the UV layer is. Some colored inserts would be nice especially if all the light will be simply bright white. Each buyer has their own expectations after somewhat disappointing non-reveal at expo I want to be excited about the project. Still big fan of the project without a doubt but at the same time I have some concerns.

#6192 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

That's one of the reasons I think they're cool. Look at the video, the color comes through fine. Anything could be lurking under those khaki inserts. I was surprised to see that the color appears totally unaffected.

The khaki inserts are growing on me I must admit. What about khaki for all the circles but some color on the center inserts?

1 week later
#6248 10 years ago

Did I mention I'm a bit prone to rambling?

Ramble on Kevin we don't mind here.

#6283 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

\
completely agree. I'd prefer a switch that triggers a coil to bounce the bodies (like AFM/RFM style).

Yeah plus three on that seems like ball hitting the body could result in some on target shots missing/not going up the ramp. Trigger with coil would be awesome Stern is starting to realize using this type of thing really adds a cool dimension to toys on the field (Sparky and Vengeance ship).

#6288 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

From what I understand the IP owners are only allowing 250 to be made period. So no more after that.

From the start Skit-B have emphasized that this first project will be limited to 250 total units. I would think that Skit-B would stick to that number since that is what they told pre-order customers from the get go. I do hope their second release is a higher production run but it would be a little suspect if after basically guaranteeing pre-order customers that only 250 total would be produced they went and produced more of them.

#6297 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I don't really care either way. 250 or 2000, as long as its a good game.

We'll from a risk standpoint I think it does matter somewhat as jonnyo mentions. It's their first design, code, & cab ever assembled as a manufacturer so there is risk involved the limited 250 production run makes it more enticing to take the risk and purchase Skit-B's first production pin.

1 week later
#6357 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm think the going rate is $20k-ish.

Ouch that is about 15000 too much IMO. I know you are probably right about that but I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay so take my comment with a grain of salt.

#6359 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

I'm paid in full and was wondering if you have a final release date

No they don't and if they did it probably would not be very accurate. Hard to predict with a first time project like this.

#6362 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You are right. As crazy as it is they are selling for that amount - with competitive bidding. Crazy.

Part rarity, part collectibility, part history and a lot of fun playing the game. It really is a great playing game with full featured modes, great theme, and black light done well with great glow effect. It absolutely is too expensive - but everyone who has played it so far loves it. Really try hard to strip away the "wow is that a BBB" from the evaluation but I know it still factors in. Oddly, Mr Remorse here doesn't have one single ounce of regret. Enjoying the hell out of it. In the end, that's all that matters. Sold AFM and MB to fund it. No regrets.

Yikes I would never trade those two or even one of those two for a BBB (taking money consideration out of it). But understand everyone has their own preferences. Glad you don't regret it and are enjoying playing that's what it's all about.

1 week later
#6399 10 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

Any news on that hanging body? ( magnet,mech )?

I'd rather it have a coil that would kick and swing the body when the ramp is hit. I think you would get a better effect that way but unfortunately I don't think that is in Skit-B's plans.

1 week later
#6434 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Even though I was a supporter of the khaki inserts, seeing the colored inserts with the black border on the PF looks just as awesome! Great work

Agreed, the insert coloring goes great with the rest of the art work well played Skit-B, well played! Please color match with LEDs to save us the time and $ to switch them out.

#6459 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm forgetful in my old age Kevin, did you guys end up going with that playfield material that was supposed to be damn near indestructible? I remember reading something about that quite a while ago.

They had to scrap that plan as it did not do well under testing.

#6480 10 years ago

Up until this latest unit, they were green inserts. Once we had the clear inserts in it we had a chance to play with pretty much every color in every place to really get a feel for what worked out, and the red just seemed to fit better with everything. This is how the HUD ended up blue/purple instead of the yellow/orange it was before, as well. The updated colors really make it appear much more modern, if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure that's what we have in there currently. It's really turning into a mix, as far as GI goes, at this point. Using mostly the premium2's for the sake of overall illumination, with flexi-heads strategically placed to either light up some hard-to-see spots or to aim the lights away from the eyes.

We're using the wide-angle supers, currently. For the insert lighting, it all comes down to what lamps fill the insert the best, and this is what we've found does that the best so far. I will take another look at the frosted lamps, though, as this seems to be a fairly supported idea.

See what I mean?

No, we had to cancel on that. To be fair, the MATERIAL held up to some seriously crazy amount of abuse (like a butane torch, no joke), but pressure over time (read: posts screwed into the playfield) caused some delamination, so it had to go. Never got around to trying bombs on it, though

Your mother was kind enough to be an Easter Egg for us. She also makes great cookies.

troll-face---problem_17-62320312... 25 KB

Premium 2 LEDs are great for GI and the best for inserts IMO. Strategically placed flexes could work out looking great as well.

#6484 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Is there going to be code for coin op, I do intend on having this on route eventually.

Yes

#6545 10 years ago

That looks SICK!!! Exciting to see it love the colors on the field and the UV layer takes it way over the top. Well played Skit-B, well played!!!

2 weeks later
#6795 10 years ago

Yes please get the Skit-B crew to CAX such an awesome expo!

2 weeks later
#6923 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Which moderator gave me a warning for nothing? Without any reason?
What a sad state this forum is nowadays.
PFFFFF

I'm not sure which moderator gave you a ban vote but given your history I can see that there probably was a good enough reason. Please don't troll this thread or try to turn it into a moderator bashing as that will result in another vote.

2 weeks later
#7009 10 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

What a disasteress thread this has turned into, can't wait till I have my machine if only so I haven't got to read through this crap

If your looking for updates I'm pretty good at getting them up as soon as possible after info hits Pinside. Just go to this thread and you don't have to read through this all just to get news related to the pin.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

They've already shown most of what to expect on the final version of the pin and provided a target release date of April 7th. I'd rather have the pin sooner then have to wait just so they can hold our hands and talk to us while they are in crunch time trying to get stuff done. Not sure what more we expect they've shown the playfield art with UV layer, the toys going in the game, cabinet art, translight art, a lot of info on game modes, info on the hardware going in the pin, info on how the system will save individual player data ect. Along the way they've taken our input into consideration and even made some changes due to suggestions. What else do you want at this point other than the pin in your houses?

#7058 10 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

That thread is 6 days old and no video on it either

That's because it does not exist. You can't update something without there being an update.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.