Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sammiesguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Never having played a machine with one, can someone tell me the utility/appeal of a shaker motor? When / how does it come on? With the knocker? With multiball? Is it just like a big 360 rumble thingie for your pinball machine?

The shaker motor adds an additional element to the game. Both my LOTR and AC/DC have one. Certain modes, shots, and multiballs will cause the entire cabinet to shake. With the amount of shaking varying depending on what is going on in the game.
If Predator is equipped for one, I will almost definitely be adding it. I could see the rumbling matching machine gun fire, which would be pretty awesome.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Are they strong enough / intended to effect the movement of the ball? Are they on/off or can the intensity change?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never seen any indication that they effect the movement of the ball. I'm sure you can turn it on or off. As far as intensity goes, I haven't looked in the settings to change the intensity. But the shaker itself adjusts intensity depending on what action is going on.

1 week later
#409 7 years ago

I'm with those that prefer the helmet on look myself. In the movie, the predator didn't even take the mask off until the last 5-10 minutes.

1 week later
#621 7 years ago

Predator only for me for now.

1 week later
#757 7 years ago

I don't think 5% is unreasonable to ask at all.

#880 7 years ago

Yeah. Make sure to check your junk email. Mine went there too. Received around 4am. #84

#934 7 years ago

I love the part where they are all in the helicopter on their way to the jungle with "Long Tall Sally" blasting. It would be great if that song was somehow incorporated, although that's doubtful.

#938 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Kevin got to a mode at expo that had the song in it. It sounded pretty good.

That part alone would be reason enough for me to upgrade the speakers, even if it already sounded good.

1 month later
#1572 7 years ago

I was also shocked to see Skit B never responded to the people who were asking for ponies on the last page. They paid their money too. Skit B, the ball is in your court.

1 week later
#1735 7 years ago

Nice! Nothing says Christmas better than a skinned body in the outlane.

1 week later
#1850 7 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

I would be pretty disappointed/devistated if they did. I've gotten into pinball so much since being on the pre-order list it would pretty much ruin it for me.

Nah. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that. Kevin made a point to mention that they wouldn't just bump people off the list lightly. Especially without notifying you. It wasn't a hard deadline. Check with them and see what happened.

#1955 7 years ago

I think Hawkins looks like...Hawkins. I didn't realize he went on to write Lethal Weapon, along with doing some other great things. Sweet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/

#2010 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never heard of Firefly.
Just looked it up and it looks a cool theme - a western in space

There is also a movie from firefly called serenity. Probably one of the most underrated sci fi movies made. Never got its due, but I really enjoyed it. (I've never watched firefly though)

1 week later
#2169 7 years ago

If the game is even half as good as your ability and patience to answer questions, we have nothing to worry about about. Thanks.

#2219 7 years ago

I thought this was pretty cool. Wonder if predator makes the list?:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60412

1 month later
#2453 6 years ago

Academy awards day bump. Did you know that Predator was nominated for an academy award for visual effects in 1987?

It ultimately lost to innerspace.

1 week later
#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I like it. Has that Predator feel that the Danny Glover sequel and the VS movies lacked. Its not perfect, but its a super fun ride.

Yeah. It's not the best, but it's pretty good as far as I go. It was nice to see the predators get back to some killing after the terrible taste left over from the Alien vs predator movies. Which were an abomination IMO.

#2606 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There was more than one AvP movie? I liked the first one...

Yeah. The first one was rated PG-13. At least the second was rated R. But that's the best I can say about it. But maybe you will like it. Check it out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/

Edit: Here's the first one in case you wanna have a marathon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

3 weeks later
#2749 6 years ago

Like a couple people said above, if you put in a deposit, I would be pretty sure you're in. These guys have been good about making sure people who want one and are in line are given a chance. From what I remember, they even set an initial deposit deadline, and allowed a lot of leeway for people on that well after. They will get back to you eventually I'm sure. No worries.

#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just got email confirmation that I'm 9th on the wait list. Thanks Kevin! Can't wait to receive a request for deposit.

I would still expect a good number of people on the wait list to get games. Once they actually start requiring significant payments, more people will drop off. Kevin said less than 10% dropped during the deposit stage. Even if you use numbers like 5-8% (which I feel is low) at the next stage, that frees up 12-20 spots. If I was on the wait list below number 20, I would feel pretty good.

#2865 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is why I think the drop out rate will be high. Also, pinball fanatics tend to be a little impulsive. Some may run out of room. Some may drop their wad on Star Trek. Some may go through a divorce. Just never can tell.

Yeah. It's very difficult to predict the drop out rate on a game like this, that's why I just went with a number around their initial rate. Im not sure we will have any idea where it's gonna go until the first dozen or so people get their machines. Their receptions may make a big difference. That should give us a good idea.

Im eagerly awaiting what's next.

#2871 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

production order 40 for me.
So there should be some good feed back by then.

I think that's a good number to be. I originally referred to the first dozen or so as guinea pigs, but changed it so as not to offend anyone.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem being early because I think these guys are going to be pretty careful with the game.

#2933 6 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

As people drop out, does everybody else move up a slot?

Im pretty sure that's how it works.

#3091 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Same but you've seen the same previews i have. They were going for a "comic book feel" and i believe it wasred nailed.

Yeah. They said they were going for a comic book style with the artwork. I think they pretty much got that dead on. Im good with it.

#3206 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

A Predator wouldn't hunt skinny villagers in any case.

The predator will hunt anyone as long as they are armed. He would have killed the girl if she picked up a weapon, and he massacred a whole subway of people in the second one. Including an old lady. He doesn't care if you're skinny or not, as long as you're armed.

#3252 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wonder what the actual margins are for the home brew....I love the boutique model, especially the range of choices now...Jpop, Skitb, and Spooky..
It will be very interesting to see if you can make pins at that price, make money, thrive and stay in business for the long run...I'm rooting hard, these guys have a great attitude

I wonder what the margins are as well, and I think the guys you listed above have an idea. But I don't think even they can be sure. None has actually produced a game (Jpop is the closest obviously). Until they do, who knows?

Im really rooting for these guys too. It's a difficult and complex undertaking, and if they succeed, it will great for everyone that loves pinball.

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillyfan:

For example, a brand new Tron which I think is a top game, it's probably a solid A-list or high B-list game. Costs about the same as Predator. I'm not trying to be down, but pointing out that for the cost of Predator, we could get NIB Tron for example.

If Stern only makes 250 of a pin, it gets called an LE and costs 7k. That's the big difference.

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down? I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope. Just like every other game... I don't own it till it is in my house.

Yeah. I don't add the game until it's in my possession. Kind of superstitious (and realistic) that way.

Quoted from tonycip:

It looks cool. but if I'm reading this right there only making 250?
if thats the case I'm just waisting my time reading about it since I'm never going to get my hands on one...

As others have said, get on the wait list. It certainly can't hurt. And there is a good chance many people on it will get games when the time for real money comes up, and some bail.

I agree with the comments many have said about the colors. I was looking for a darker tone as well, but I believe the SkitB guys will figure out what works best. And the toys are awesome, with the skull being maybe the coolest one on a pin Ive seen.

I think they may still be a little ambitious with their timeline, but it certainly appears they are moving forward at a good pace. Im more excited for the game now than I was when I first read about it. And Im usually a pessimist.

#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

What kind of armor will the game have- legs, rails, lockdown? Any chance of a Camo powdercoat?

Quoted from hAbO:

Nothing has been mentioned but I'd assume stainless steel "standard" for cabinet hardware to keep costs down.

I would assume either that or black. These guys are going to have to keep things like that pretty basic IMO. As you said, they need to be pretty vigilant on costs.

The good thing is that this game appears to open itself up to all kinds of different mods. Which could be a lot of fun if you're into them.

#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

If anything said not for commercial use, it would be the VirtuaPin itself. The measurements are a bit different from the Predator, as well. If you'd like, I have a sample cab here that was built specifically for us and I could toss up a picture or two.

Please do. The more stuff to see the better as far as I go. Thanks!

#3765 6 years ago

Maybe autographed translites or something?

Im not so sure autographed translites are such a good idea after what happened with star wars. Reading the thread tags alone should make people wary.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value

#3855 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind doing option 4, but I wonder if we will be able to buy an additional translite. I wouldn't mind putting that one on the wall or something.

4 weeks later
#4459 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think you will EVER see a Predator in the wild. I can't imagine many are going on location. I know CPPinball in STL is supposed to have one on loan for a short time, but not sure if many will even be available for public play. Similar to BBB and MG and BHZA, I think many folks will be lucky to ever even play Predator anywhere besides a pinball show...
I will of course be sharing mine with all the local pinheads and likely taking it to MRP2014 (assuming I have it by then).

There may be a couple but very few in the wild. I think most of us are buying the game because we believe in the SkitB guys, love the theme, and are happy with what we've seen overall. Buying them for ourselves, not to use them to route. Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that as well.

2 weeks later
#4672 6 years ago

I started watching that presentation/discussion and was surprised I actually ended up watching it all. I have to say after seeing it that I am as excited now as I have ever been.

1 week later
#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"the demon who makes trophies of men"

Sounds like a stripper I used to date.

3 weeks later
#5010 6 years ago

This thread has become like Under the Dome. Everything has gone to shit.

#5031 6 years ago

We now take a break from our currently scheduled fights to bring you something may actually interest Predator fans (Although it doesn't have to do with the pinball machine, sorry):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63251

#5105 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's where Mr.T came from, too.

You rang?

3 weeks later
#5198 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Your business is yours...mine is mine. Please don't try to force your opinion on my business.

The problem is that when you post it in this public thread, it becomes everyone's business. If you don't want that, then don't post it here. Im sure many people would like it to remain your business.

#5228 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Anyone remember (off the top of their head) what page of this thread that went over the Tier pricing (and what you get for each tier)? I'm kicking the idea back and forth, but I have an issue sending in half when I haven't even seen the plastics in the game (so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on much by only submitting full payment after I see the finished product).

I was just looking at it. Here you go:

Level 1: By sending a $250 deposit, your machine will arrive with an autographed
flyer for the game tucked neatly inside!

Level 2: With a deposit of $1000 or more, you will find a sexy, limited Skit-B
Pinball t-shirt inside that will only ever be available to pre-owners who have
chosen this option or higher. Of course, you will find the autographed flyer,
as well!

Level 3: $2250 will cover half the projected value of the final machine. Along
with the two other incentives above, your Predator will ship with a very limited
edition poster to proudly adorn your game room wall!

Level 4: $4500. This will cover the entire projected value of the final
machine. If you were to choose this option, not only will you find ALL of the
above-mentioned goodies nestled safely inside your game, but when you stand the
head up for the first time you will see the translite brightly adorned with the
signatures of the designers. There will be no other translites ever signed in
the same fashion, showing that you were truly one of the earliest and most
dedicated adopters of the revival of pinball!

Edit:
Also, in case anyone was curious (I was), as of Nov. 18, I was production order number 175. Im now 150, which should mean that approximately 25 people have dropped out since then.

1 month later
#5521 6 years ago

I thought we already knew where it was going. Doesn't it cover the VUK and then follow it to the ball drop?

1 week later
#5626 6 years ago

This thread is seriously off f#**ng track.

#5810 6 years ago

Well that doesn't sound reassuring.

3 weeks later
#6300 6 years ago

Never mind, see below.

#6302 6 years ago

I can already see some weird behavior from Medieval Madness owners, as well

Me too. The moment I see one of them with a copy of The Catcher in the Rye, I'm heading for the hills.

1 month later
#6617 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is there a link to the UV video? I'm 4 pages back and still can't find it.

Here you go!

http://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/predator-pinball-skit-b/

#6651 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I am full but looking forward to jamming it in somewhere. Kevin, is the paypal payment plan still up?

The paypal payment plan is still up for now. Only Kevin can answer when it will be closing, but I remember him saying it was getting close.

#6653 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Dude, take that link down.

Oops. Sorry. Was just trying to help. My bad.

#6689 6 years ago

Are there ever questions that make you think "f@#k this guy, and his question"?

This question included.

#6703 6 years ago

6666. We gotta be due for a new thread in this new year.

#6756 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't think that is true, despite JJP having vastly more resources, as Kevin as said, they were trying to 'reinvent pinball', Skit-B is trying to recapture what was great about pinball in the 90s and bring it up to date for the needs/desires of today's 'collector/player'.
This is not meant in anyway to take away from what these guys are doing, which I think is pretty darn amazing.

I don't think so either. Im truly impressed with what Skit-B is doing, but there have been some delays and letdowns here as well. I don't particularly care because Ive known from the beginning that this would require lots of patience. I remember a post where it was said that if things went well some people could have Predator under their trees for Christmas. That was Christmas 2012. (I think it was, unless I've lost a whole year in my mind)

#6819 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hold on boys! Let's wait to comment on the new Robocop AFTER we've seen it...

It's PG-13. For me, that's a non starter. Robocop cannot be PG-13 and do it justice.

2 weeks later
#6898 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Maybe the license isn't actually fully approved and that is the hold up? I's to be dotted and T's to be crossed is my guess - hence why the game isn't on the website either.

I'm pretty sure that they aren't that insane.

3 weeks later
#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

yeah i do because I am getting one. Has that for a f#$king horse?

So don't get one if you're unhappy.

#7106 5 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

When did you get on the wait list, and when did you get on the buy list?

There was this thread, although no one mentioned in it that you aren't allowed to sell spots. I don't particularly care but plenty of people might.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-sell-a-predator-for-6000

#7115 5 years ago

If that was a HOP reference, well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12,500.00
$ 208.87
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sammiesguys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside