Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playboywillis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by playboywillis. You are on page 1 of 2.
#39 7 years ago

1:39 to 2:09 is basically how I feel right now.

#43 7 years ago

What does it say on the DMD after Skit-B and before Predator towards the end of the video. It's a little hard to see.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hey, it occurs to me with you folks being in MI that if you wanted to tap a population right in your intended demographic with an absolute shitload of disposable income, and if you could overcome any hard feelings / team allegiances, you might want to hit up Clay Matthews with an email about the machine. I'd be amazed if he wouldn't want one, and word of cool toys spreads real f'ing fast through NFL players. I know you're close to sold out, but if you're planning machine #2 and it's similarly badassed in theme, you could do a lot worse for word of mouth than NFL locker rooms.
Just don't forget us, much, littler guys!

clay mathews? CLAY MATHEWS??? It's Michigan, not Wisconsin!

Get that Green Bay crap outta here!!

SUUUUHHH

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Did you miss the part of the post talking about overcoming that?

Probably. I get blinded.

Anyway, Skit-B I'm not complaining, just asking, is there any way to change the contrast on some of the dmd shots or is it based off the brightness of the actual scenes in the movie?

It's just that I've noticed some scenes like Arnie with the binocs, and The Body with Ol' Painless look great on the DMD, while shots of Hawkins and Dillon, amongst others, during the mini wiz buildup are almost impossible to see.

Thanks,

#58 7 years ago

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did find the dmd videos hard to see, so I'm not sure what I missed. If Dutch is IN the game somewhere, I'm happy.

They showed the shot of him with the binocs about 100 times in past videos. Plus I'm sure he's in Showdown mode.

Edit: Ok they show it twice. Maybe I just watched it 100 times. But it's the animation for "Tracking"

Edit again: They also have the shot of him jumping over a log when the nuke goes off

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm sure, though I don't think we've got to hear it yet, telling you to get to the Choppaahhhh!, etc...

4:21

#91 7 years ago

Puuuuure Michigan

#99 7 years ago

Lol navajas. I see what you're doing. The game will be spoken for very soon and what better way to drive that resale price up. Ehhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhh?

#119 7 years ago

So I was watching the NEW video trying to just listen to the game sounds. Can't believe we missed it but there it is.

8:21. Multiball ready =GET TO THA CHOPPPAAA complete with the scene of Arnie saying it

#123 7 years ago

Man these guys up at 5 am to bring you Predator!!!

Jersey Jack get up that early but that just for breffast and a mall stroll!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

The short answer for this is yes. Predator can use a plasma DMD with no software modification, you would just need to add in your own display driver board to power it.

System 11. Now that you got your answer, could you give us a little how-to. I'd be interested in this down the road I think.

#138 7 years ago

Well a lot of people knock MB and Sopranos layouts but I love them. I get the idea SkitB is going for a deeply stackable rule set with player controlled mode options as opposed to things like, say, a moving ramp or a spinning disc or some compartment with rubber bands that shakes the ball around.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

The layout is basic unless I'm missing something, you know? I was laying in bed last night thinking about the playfield (what?) and I can only really think of three things to shoot for with the left flipper and two for the right, unless you count the two bank right in the middle for either. I have to admit to being a little leery of these thoughts.
Look, I am in love with this project and my money's in the pot. The theme is perfect, and from what we've seen, its integration might be peerless. The code looks awesome (and the select an orbit can basically be thought of as another shot for either flipper I guess), the modes fun and innovative, the sound is great, etc...
I do not like Sterns toy box explosion playfields, I don't need pointless glitz and a game doesn't have to have a toy bash to be good. But I'm a big boy, they guys at SkitB are talented and cool, and I can admit the shot count seems low, especially compared to some modern pins.

For the record, I believe there is a fourth shot from the left, a small hole above the bumper. You can see lights leading to it.

Also, both ramps and the lock hole can be backhanded from the looks of things. I think the game's gonna have some awesome flow and from the looks of things, a can-be-complicated set of modes. In a good way.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Another thought, I see some people saying it might be to basic, personally I'm more worried about the a casual/non-pinball player playing it and not having any clue what to do due to all the different modes and stacking that can be done. Like choosing what lane to shoot during a mode andd how to stop the ball going all the way around the back etc if they have not followed the development of this game like all of us.

Bud, this is a pin that is going to take a long time to master. There are going to be little things with modes that are going to take a long time to figure out. Just don't watch Bowen's papa video!!! The point is not a game to try to high score as soon as you get it, but a game that takes a long time "to beat" the right way. At least that's my opinion.

And as far as the two targets in the center are concerned, I think that for all the people that say it's an "easy" layout, the middle targets make it a lot more challenging don't you think?

#167 7 years ago

I

Quoted from SPeD66:Is the backglass art set in stone or temporary? I prefer art that demands scrutiny, not the casual glance.

The kind of pin that straddles a fireplace that we can sip a snifter of brandy by?

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Cheers but would be good if Kevin could confirm, would suit certain sited locations as well.
Also can't wait to see the graphics, would be cool if a black light backlight effect could be done with the translite so when the back light comes on the Predator could be seen otherwise hidden amongst the juggle graphics.

He already confirmed it way back in the last topic

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kevin, have you called Arnold? He may down an interview or something, he got some ties to pinball in the past and has some time on his hands now.

Plus he might want one for his new son

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After seeing that last update and the cool dudes behind it I'm finally in at #224!!!
Predator along with Silence of the Lambs my two favorite movies of all time.....and Tommy Boy of course!
BHZA, WOZ and now Predator on the horizon....I'm loving it!
Congrats on passing 50k Ted!....

Ahh made a believer out of ya again, huh

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have it on my Tron. With "maximum" settings my cabinet is shaking all the time. I think it is a lot of fun and makes a big impression with people. Just imagine rumble from your consoles, except in your pinball.

I live in a townhouse and am going to have to play with the volume down some.

Is a shaker going to piss off my neighbors?

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

EDIT: You know, apparently I've never seen this guy without his mask on, or didn't pay much attention. I kinda feel like I need to put a CENSORED bar across him...

Haha you still haven't watched 2 have you.

Glover calls home p***y face.

#233 7 years ago

Thanks guys

#257 7 years ago

Damn straight Iceman. I just wish I still I lived in KZoo. I'd have played this game by now

#311 7 years ago

Seriously Kevin. No Aliens? Not even once?

Predator and Aliens are practically related! (No I'm not talking about comics or team-up movies)

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Bill Paxton is the only man alive to have been killed by a Terminator, an Alien, and a Predator.
Aliens would be pretty damned awesome. Thing is, as wonderful as the Dark Hourse source material is, the Vs. movies are indescribably shitty. A stand alone Aliens? With smart gun spinners? Drop ship and APC loops? Pulse Rifle pops? Hot stuff right there.

Dude! Lance Henrikson!

Terminator = Terminator

Alien = Aliens

Predator = Aliens vs. Predator

#333 7 years ago

This post will have me humming the "Now You're A Man" theme song all weekend. Orgazmo is one of my all-time favorite movies, but seriously, it's not exactly the most well-known of licenses out there. I could think of SO many voice call-outs you could use for that game, though... How about an "A$$-F*ck Twins" two-ball? "Stunt-c*ck" add-a-ball? That's just the tip of that iceberg!

Hey enough! I thought we said we weren't gonna do hamster style anymore.

Seriously though, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin, but I think unicorns are kickass.

I had to edit this. Buick Century multiball?

#345 7 years ago

Guys I love the niche of the big lebowski. But ic Predator is a hit (which it will be) we.should be talking about the kids in the B to be going bigger than 250. I mean, I'd think they'd have deserved it by then.........seriously i only have room for one pin!! Hahha

#351 7 years ago

So badass.

I like the mask on shit

#378 7 years ago

I was hoping there might be something like Preds wrist countdown timer to countdown mode times. Is that what that is going to be????????

#381 7 years ago

Like the new logo

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kevin, if this pinball gig doesn't work out you could make it as a runway model

Lol. I think thats Aaron in the pics

#412 7 years ago

Is someone gonna take a video lol.

#419 7 years ago

Haha someone should set their phone to unlimited video size!

Awesome sounds on there guys!!!

#426 7 years ago

Its just sharpe playing it from a sideview

#442 7 years ago

I have a question for all though.

So they have the actual scenes on the dmd. I think this keeps the look from being more cartoony. In reality this mightve been done to save on some graphics guy cost.

However, on the playfield, the soldiers are hand drawn. Is it just me, or is Blaine the only one that is a spot on image? I just think Arnie an Mac look a little goofy.

Thoughts?

#447 7 years ago

Ok, to clear a little up. I completely agree with the DMD being scenes from the movie. I think that was definitely the only way to go.

The question was if the artist could draw realistic likenesses of the cast themselves, but like you said, it was just a quick drawing.

And yeah, I have no idea how you'd get one out by Christmas. I think these guys have been busting their asses but it's still going to take a bit for it to all come together.

#478 7 years ago

Not going to quote the whole thing, but in relation to t-800's post, this is the pin I've been waiting for, and I doubt I'll ever see one in the wild, let alone one close to home.

It was the main reason for dropping this kind of money, but the more I wait and the more I hear, the more confident I am that it will be worth every penny.

Congrats Aaron and Kevin. Good luck moving forward.

#496 7 years ago

Haha good posts KingofRad. We know you're James' friend and all but I don't think anyone threw him under the bus. I'm sure SkitB appreciates the constructive criticism? Can't speak for everyone but I can think of about 250 people that disagree with you. Most of them in this topic.

Anyway, welcome to pinside I guess. Can you find your own way out of this topic?

#520 7 years ago

LOL once again, stand-up guys

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interactive toys....thanks for a start.....with all these posts, no guesses, suggestions, ideas or inside info.......

I haven't even talked with the guy who will be making the toys yet, so we are still in the 'coming up with ideas' phase. We have a pretty solid rule, here, though, regarding the toys that will be going into the game: All toys, no matter what they are or where they are on the machine (playfield or not), WILL have something to do with the gameplay and WILL interact with either the player or the ball in some way.

^^ Skit-B quote from a couple months ago.

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Can you also show us where we are in the production order, so we will know when we have to happily start getting money together
thanks, Demian

You havent started???

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

yes I started but the dang washer went out, so there went a chunk of the fund. Hell I will do what ever it takes to come up with the money, Just curious how hard and fast I have to try I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about it this year.

Yeah I think you have a couple of months.

Here's hoping that tax returns be fat

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Compared to the smaller run goals of the other projects (WOZ excepted), 250 from Skit B is a huge accomplishment. Really shows the value of a license. We all rag on Stern for being license only, but obviously it's just cold hard math.
If this was just an unlicensed game being made in a garage called "Jungle Monster" and no "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" call outs, it would probably fall into the very limited boutique numbers.

Right but it's skits first pin. Stern has enough fanatics that they could sell out Jungle Monster without even showing a playfield.

On another note, for 10 grand, I'd expect a game to tickle my balls while I played it.

#595 7 years ago

Only if it was based on the 90's pc game of the same name.

Full Throttle that is

#597 7 years ago

You gotta keep in mind the cost of magnets.

That said, something like mist multi would be killer, except its being dragged up the playfield to the vuk

1 week later
#651 7 years ago

Note to self. Google woman eating banana immediately.

#687 7 years ago

Do me a favor and make like 3000 of the next one so my broke ass can find one on route.

#701 7 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

if it was up to me,top 5 wishes
1.High Plains Drifter or the Good,Bad,the Ugly. Westerns severely underserved( include a gun battle that,if lost, drains your ball)
2.Matrix
3.Punisher
4.a haunted house
5.the Godfather

I second the first three with GB&U dropping to 3 and Matrix dropping.to 2.

A pin based on Garth Ennis' Punisher is a cream dream. Almost as much as Prexator

#711 7 years ago

And on the subject of the Punisher, anyone who hasn't seen the video "Dirty Laundry" should definitely check it out. Nasty and violent, so kinda NSFW, but this is exactly what I think of when I think of the Punisher.
ยป YouTube video

Dirty Laundry was awesome.

Thomas Jane was a good Punisher, but the whole "I'm more than half dead, drink a bottle of Wild Turkey and 5 seconds later I'm fine" kinda lost me.

No, Garth Ennis wrote Punisher Max for a few years. Probably one of the best and definitely the coolest thing I've ever read. Walking Dead has nothing on it.

Google that shit people!

#773 7 years ago

Jack on the Rocks. Favorite movie ever. Love pinball. Can see from the videos what the game entails, and I don't have an opportunity to play the game before it's made. I hope this can help you to understand better. I would play a used game first so see condition, but this baby's NIB.

I have no problem with 5% without a playfield pic first, but would like to know if the drawings of the soldiers are rough drafts or not. Blaine looks awesome, but the other dudes kind of look like caricatures of themselves. It's better than I can draw, but it would look funny to have real pics of the guys on the trans, and then hand drawn pictures of them below that look kinda funny.

And I too would plan on picking up the game directly from SkitB.

#803 7 years ago

Man, how about we let Skit B figure out the deposit info.

#864 7 years ago

So I've seen Drano on here with #3. Kevin has #1 and Aaron had #13.

Who has #2

#901 7 years ago

Condo on your wrist

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Already taken, see above.. Nah it dont matter. Only so many catch phrases.

Lol my girls name is kate. Thought about "the other kate"

And long tall sally is definitely in. Havent you seen the videos?????!!!

#975 7 years ago

How about
Dedicated to Jim Hawkins

Anytime

Got yourself a stew baby

#1014 7 years ago

No one asked. How much would the increase be exactly. And were we looking at 4750 or 5k?

Tip: underlord. Drop the "I'm"

#1032 7 years ago

Haha well is that what you want yours to say?

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Will this fit? "What's the condoms and chloroform for?"

"Turn around," Mac whispered.

#1055 7 years ago

That's a real nasty habit you got there

#1059 7 years ago

I'll trade you 192 for 202...

#1064 7 years ago

Any word on the SPF?

If not, I got to find a way to play this when I get back to MI this December.

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Sergeant Mac Eliot: [whispering] I see you!
Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.
Dutch: If it bleeds, we can kill it.
Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.
Hey Kevin!!!! It would be so cool if each machine had a sound clip of the saying you want if it is from the movie and it played each time you launched the ball..or maybe just the first ball of a game..or even better maybe 15 or 20 clips that would call out at random when you launch...how hard would it be to do??

They have like 4 - 8 different new game quotes

#1083 7 years ago

On another note, we've had a lot of people ask for a playthrough of a full game beginning to end, so we will be offering that up in the next few days, as well. Anything specific you'd like us to shoot for in the video??

My vote would be anything but wizard mode. Maybe show a few hunt kills, how that works into it maybe.

#1130 7 years ago

I've been fighting with this thing all night to get a decent game going and I'm just playing like crap,

I feel like I've been checking Skit's site every ten minutes since I read this haha

#1133 7 years ago

Showtime kid!

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

I will be picking mine up in person for sure.
Are you worried about going over the boarder w/ it? Im in Windsor doing some work now and i know how much of a hassle it can be to move equipment over.

Windsor. Where 19 year old Michiganders go to drink

#1207 7 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1221 7 years ago

AWESOOOMEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who the hell's usin my initials over there???

Would it be safe to say there's still a few animations that aren't finished yet?

Also, the only gripe I had with the full game was that for some modes, I didn't know what the hell you were doing and if you finished them or not.
Obviously, owning the game and playing it a few times would fix that so not a big deal at all.

Also, what did you keep grabbing up there above the shooter. Just curious.

Nice job guys. I'm off to watch it again and probably 5 more times today.

Adios

#1233 7 years ago

Navajas, I can at least tell you that the reticle with the letters was obtaining a Hunt.

KC did make somd good points and I did notice the absence of the rail uv lighting. Couldnt tell when the game was in Hunt mode. Maybe they just haven't been added to the new proto?

#1289 7 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Thought we were going to have to donate a new keyboard.

One question on a different area. You had talked about putting a proto in a bar in MI recently. I'm going to be in Michigan around Christmas. Any chance that'll be around so I can get my hands on this beauty? I'd be willing to trek a few extra hours for some sweet hunt kills.

#1292 7 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Still curious if there is a video mode? I think there is a lot of potential for this one. Have you guys worked out a method of payment yet for the deposit?

I don't think a video mode would work with this style of visuals.

You would end up with all visuals as scenes of the movie, then the video mode would be animated. Just don't think it'd fit.

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I disagree. Video modes are OK as animated dots rather than movie clips IMHO.

This is my point. Movie clips would look cheap in a video mode, kind of like sprites.

But switching out of the movie scene visuals to do a dot matrix video mode would look equally cheap.

#1300 7 years ago

Depends on what days you're going to be around. I'm curious to know exactly where you're going to be in Michigan that would be a couple hours away from the Detroit area.

I'm flying into the D the Friday night before Christmas (Dec 21(day the world ends)) and would be there for a while on Saturday, but will be in Kalamazoo for the rest which is 2 1/2 hours away. Didn't know if that place would be close and my ride could swing me by there.

Edit: I'm not trying to come to your place of business and start that trend. I just remember you guys saying something about putting a prototype on route at one of your local bars and wanted to see if that would be going.

#1303 7 years ago

By the way that pic looks awesome.

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm gonna be in Kalamazzo the 21st - 24th myself, and gonna hit Bell's for sure

Straight. I usually stay on West Main. The first time I came back after I moved, Main St. Pub had an Avatar LE. Heard they have an ACDC now. No pins until I move ya know.

#1310 7 years ago

Just noticed the end of Unload mode is Mac spinning the empty minigun. Awesome. That'd be sweet if it kept turning until the last ball dropped.

Also, the "I can make it" ball save is pretty sweet.

If you look at what would be Dillon's shoulder in that new picture with the chopper, it looks like the guys were re-drawn.

Man, I am pumped about this shit. Looks great!

#1316 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I liked this as well. I was thinking "Stick around" would be another good one here.

Haha same here but I dont want to sound demanding if they have othef plans cor it.

...I did notice the knife to belly animation during destroy the camp and didnt hear a stick around callout...so maybe

#1337 7 years ago

Great. Now 100 "paid" comments are coming...

#1340 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You mean 250 'paid' comments, followed by a bunch of 'anyone drop out' comments, followed by lots of 'nope sorry' comments, followed by a stark contrast of elation of buyers that can now really know this is officially happening and sorrow from those that are still in waiting limbo
btw >> "Paid"

Well I think we found out only about 110 preorders were pinside users

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Ha. Yeah playboy, you've always kept superfluous posts of the Predator threads...

You have a point

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I mean, couldn't we get Carl Weathers at least? I'm sure he'd do it for a very reasonable amount. Or Jesse Ventura? Or both?

Carl Weathers will work for stew

#1401 7 years ago

Guys, first of all, the original artist bailed on the project. It's understandable that the art is going to take a little time.

And not to stir up shit, but gettinv $150 from someone to give up your free spot in line doesn't make any sense to me.

#1432 7 years ago

Dude, relax

1 week later
#1469 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoss-Woods:

Hey everyone. Just a quick note to let you know we're still alive out here. Busy, busy. By the way if anyone out there can make it to the Snowball Open at The Shark Club in Howell, MI this weekend might want to. I hear there might be a Predator on the loose...

DAMMIT!! If it was the 22nd I'd be there for sure! Let me know if you end up leavinv the table there for a week.

On a side note, I must be the only person who doesn't like the want some candy quote.

#1483 7 years ago

1400 posts later hahaha

#1528 7 years ago

Man, you guys gotta leave that there until next weekend...

#1532 7 years ago

Topic is slow. Damn. If only my trip back was a week sooner. Need to play this shit.

#1541 7 years ago

What news from the north?

#1546 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

but they seem to be done scrambling to get that first proto on location

What exactly do you mean by this? I'm trying to get my hands on this next weekend.

"Welcome to the Hunt" #192

#1553 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The machine they set up at the Shark Club.

You make it sound like it's there on location...this is what I've been wondering about...if its there next weekend...I can play it........

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm pretty sure that was for a one-time event. Don't think it will be there "on location".
Sorry:
already addressed above. must---read---before---posting

NONSENSE! I saw no direct answers!

On another note. SHIT! Guess ill play it when its in my house

#1579 7 years ago

I remember when there was no update for 4 months. I'm pleased with what we now have seen and know that they'll release information on their timeline. Patience grasshoppa

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

nothing can match the feeling I'd been misled, when I clicked on the member's photo thread and 50 posts later didn't see one picture of a penis.

Pm sent

#1666 7 years ago

I'm just happy the pony doesn't have pants on

#1736 7 years ago

Blood flowing down the inlanes??? YOU GUYS ARE FU(<ING AWESOME!!!!!!!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Edited vulgarity.

#1754 7 years ago

From facebook

#1755 7 years ago

Dammit my phone wont upload it.

Someone get that facebook pic up here

#1762 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

There are more? A lot of us refuse to sign up to Facebook.

Just bigger pics of the outlanes but J got it covered

#1819 7 years ago

I thought the chopper toy was a no brainer but with two in the pf art I doubt it

#1822 7 years ago

I'm assuming the toys are the swinging corpses, the Predator claw blades and that skull. Just a guess though

Word was 4 I think

#1844 7 years ago

Can't wait to see the color

#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Will the girl from the movie be represented in the pin? I cant recall if she has been mentioned yet and Im much too lazy to look back thru this monster thread.

Think anna's sittin this one out

#1886 7 years ago

Well I meant sitting out of the playfield art and sound clips. I guess she would be featured in the "Catch the girl" mode. But, now that I think about it, she might have sound clips. I'll go back and look later today.

And I never thought she was ugly, but she's got to do something about those round baby duck teeth

#1896 7 years ago
Quoted from sarconus:

Looks great! I think the start of multiball shout be HEAD FOR THE CHAPA!

It's actually the call for when all balls locked and multiball is ready

#1902 7 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

More trivia:

And this one is represented in the movie by Anna as "El que hace tropheos de los hombres" which in reality translates more like "He who makes trophies of men."

http://i.imgur.com/oo35Z.gif

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, I keep focusing on the gun barrel, to me, something looks off. Maybe it's a little too skinny? I really love the overall art style though, it looks fantastic. I can't even imagine how awesome it's going to look when its colored and done.

Yeah, I was waiting until the shading to say something but it looks like Arnold's hands are in position for the rifle to be turned up and facing the player. But the position of the barrels indicates the gun facing right which makes it look reall short. The perspective just looks kind of skewed.

Shading may fix though and James looks like a great artist so I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

#1931 7 years ago

Ok this is what Im talking about. James has a picture on facebook that has an arnold pic referenced. Hes got the hands right but the 203 barrel needs to be more prominent than the rifle barrel.

And the handle (top) of the gun shouldnt even be seen.
_facebook_515482948_.jpg

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

The carry handle is also too small. I wish you guys hadn't pointed it out...the gun overall is just too small. The scale is off compared to the rest of the Arnie.

I think the scale is right if he turns it for perspective.

Sorry for nitpicking but since the first pic of the pf came out, it looked like Arnold had a sawe.d off shotgun

It will be arnolds real voice. No voice actors

#1943 7 years ago

Ok I wasnt trying to be a dick. I love the artwork. Navajas I remember when the art fifst came out and being critical of Dutch's face. Skit reminded me/us they ARE going for a comic book feel. So I'm not concerned with these guys actually looking for a true life feel. I mean, .. .... Hawkins looks asian.. ... anyway, I think it all looks great and I think shading will definitely help Macs face. Itz just that arnolds gun is front and center and it could use a fix. Thats all.

Edit: camo siderails and green flipper would be cool. Not so sure about dmd. Check on pinside for the guy that sells colored covers for dmds so you donf have to replace dmd itself.

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Back in the day I would sit in the company area with the fellas from my platoon and watch this endlessly. On the topic of weapons, believe me we covered it. Arnold's m-16/203 always pissed us off. It's wrong. The barrel is misaligned with the upper receiver. It couldn't work. We timed the actual firing time with a carryable load on a minigun. ( helo mounted in real life) 60 lbs of 7.62 would last all of 16 seconds at full cyclic rate. (5000 ish a minute).-- Lotta down time in the infantry.

You need to watch the dvd extras where they explained how a 1man carried minigun was the most ridiculous thing ever thought up and made no "miltary" sense.

They knew it was stupid but it made the movie badass!

#1968 7 years ago

Guys! Relax! I didn't mean to stir up a shit storm, though I'm not apologizing. I noticed the funky gun since the beginning but like I said, I wasn't going to mention it but saw other people mentioning it. This has always been a positive thread (barring two guys). Let's keep it that way! It was just something brought to attention. I'm still a supporter since day one and have my bucks down no questions asked. I may be "nitpicking" but what we're talking about is a pretty crucial piece of art being laid down. Like Frolic said though, once you see it, you can't stop seeing it.

I love everything about this project and again I'm down no matter what. We're just, for lack of better words, bored and talking. Let's not start arguing and pointing fingers! We're just shootin the shit here!

#1974 7 years ago

Awesome

#2022 7 years ago

Well, that's just like, your opinion man

#2025 7 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I watched Firefly when it was originally broadcast. Been a fan ever since. But how about Predator GUYS? what is the possibility of a Alien Xenomorph skull being hidden somewhere in the art?

Get sued like space invaders?

#2028 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

I think the next one should be Aliens. Battle your way into the alien's hive to rescue Newt... The final wizard mode battle would be with the queen alien... strobe lights along with the queen alien figure moving around screaching, etc. Tons of gun fire, flame thrower, alien shrieks, and voice samples.... Game over man... Game Over! I would by it. I would buy the crap out of it.

Wierzbowski multiball

#2058 7 years ago

Man I hope you guys go real deal Holyfield and become a staple of the pin community. Whatever the second pin is, I can't get on board, but I hope there's more than 250 out there for when I get more space than more than 1 pin.

Related question. Have you fellas quit your day jobs yet?

#2065 7 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Im planning to pick mine up in person the minute its ready.
Cant wait to see some more videos/pics. I would love to see some of the boards and tech that will be used in production. Coming from the car world this pin seems like a restomod; All the style and class from "back in the day" but modern and improved under the hood.
Btw how is everyones Pred fund coming? Reminds me i have to hit up the Coinstar again...

You talk purdy

Quoted from spfxted:

You got it, pal!

Hey Ted! They didnt forget about you man!!!
(If your shirt doesnt havr buttons I cant imagine the firestorm)

#2077 7 years ago

I was thinking Action Jackson

#2093 7 years ago

I feel I was equally screwex on Spiderman The Animated Series all those years ago. The one with NPH and Lisa Loeb

#2103 7 years ago

There was some new stuff two days ago. We're all hungry birds here

#2117 7 years ago

Pretty sure Skit's gonna wait until they have their full lighting setup before next vid.

And I haven't seen any art updates on James' facebook page since last week.

#2135 7 years ago

AWESOME!!! I've been hungry.

Side note, Arnold did an AMA on reddit. I tried to ask him about the pin. No response.

Now if it had been CW...

#2139 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Funny thing about this movie and it seems Arnold movies in general. It seems to have sunk into the consciousness of America. I was in Disney world and overheard a young kid who was around 15 years old say in the classic Arnold accent "Get to the Choppa"
Predator was out before this kid was alive much like Casablanca or The Godfather was out before my time but there are classic quotes that will be known forever.
I'm not trying to say Predator is a classic movie like those other but thst some quotes have almost become classic to a greater extent than I would have guessed possible.

That's ok. You can say it.

#2158 7 years ago

It's looking awesome guys. UV definitely looks great. Love the fact that a lot of it can be backhanded. I really appreciate that in a game. A ton of questions I would love to ask, but would like to figure out a lot of the nuances myself.

Few questions. On behalf of a lot of guys on here, any talk about the jackpot noise?

On behalf of myself, it was said (way before) that hitting the Hunt mode on a specific side would start the hunt on that side. I noticed you were trying to shoot left but the hunt kept starting on the right. I figured you would just start it with the left side button, instead of the right one. Is the hunt arrow random now, gradually jumping around, or were you moving it with the buttons?

On behalf of the world...Punisher cards? Did I see that right? Hint Hint?

#2170 7 years ago

Wow, man. You answered every single question everybody asked and then some. I'm so impressed with the game and how everything is handled by the team.

I really like the Jackpot animation / sounds, but I've heard a few say they didn't like it, so I guess we'll just put it to a vote :-/

I only brought it up because there was a lot of talk about it a while back. I don't mind the jackpot noise, I'm guessing it gets crazy when you get into the actual game. Speaking of though, I noticed the, for lack of a better word, generic sounding glass break after the Super before Long Tall Sally. May, I suggest an explosion or maybe something a little bit more epic? Sorry, one man's opinion.

And while I was thinknig about noise, are there any chopper noises in there? I was surprised you guys went with the plane flyby noise when Arnold's got the binocs instead a chopper flyby noise.

Let me reiterate again, this is just me being hyped and talking, I love what you guys are doing. Pumped every moment.

#2179 7 years ago

Oh yeah. That was a nice touch when Aaron bumped the machine and the lights turned off, then when they turned back on Arnold says, "They couldn't see me."

#2188 7 years ago

I think Predator pinball's my favorite tv show

#2221 7 years ago

A day without a green predator thread is like a day without oxygen.

#2232 7 years ago

The only fact I can give you from previous vids is that when get to tha choppa multiball is ready, the ramp shot starts it by kicking in the diverter.

Edit: they made it sound like it will be active for more than just that mode as a way to stop gameplay for mode start video purposes.

#2245 7 years ago

Yall know the Predator would eat the ponies right?

#2267 7 years ago

COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

It's awesome, but, what the hell am I going to do with thing in my house of seven and four year old boys? :-/ Maybe development will take another 8 or so years?!

Tell em it's just guys covered with ketchup and leave it at that.

Besides, I think 4 years old = old enough for Predator

1 week later
#2311 7 years ago

Gettin hungry again

1 week later
#2328 7 years ago

Awesome

#2377 7 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

Bay City is 2.5 hours from Kalamazoo and you cannot make it to Pinball at the Zoo? I am not normally a conspiracy guy but I remember all the backstabbing bullcrap that went on between MPE and PATZ. If you cannot make PATZ I cannot help the thought from crossing my mind that maybe someone with MPE told you not to go to PATZ.

Pinball at the zoo? Why come I hear about all this shit after I move outta kzoo

#2401 7 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I heard, during hunt mode, that the triple laser sight thing is going to be trained on your forehead. Crazy shit.

Here we go again.................................

#2425 7 years ago

I think the firefly discussion was in here before.

Unfortunately, joss whedon would probably insist on using his music, which would be a deal breaker.

#2442 7 years ago

Yeah. Someone wanna take the reigns and bring the skit b next pin to a new topic?

#2457 7 years ago

Whats up ben heck

1 week later
#2555 6 years ago

Lol. Where does footloose fit into that list?

#2568 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Kevin,
It sounds like the next updated should be somewhat substantial.. Can you confirm?
Also it sounds like the next update is just a few days/weeks away. Do you have a plan for when we can expect to see some new stuff? (just nice to know, as some people check this thread every time they see a new post, only to be annoyed with those of us that like to chatter on about ...) .

I'm sure Kevin will be here to answer, but in the meantime, maybe I can help. Taken directly from their facebook.

"We're working hard on it right now. We should have our biggest update yet in the first week of April. Stay tuned!" - Skit B

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Any reason to not bump production to 300 or more if the interest is there?

I would think (THINK!! Just a guess) that when you apply for a license you have to have the specific number.

1 week later
#2636 6 years ago

I know the update doesn't come out until April, but that doesn't stop me from checking for this damn thread 5 times a day

#2678 6 years ago

Updates.jpg

1 week later
#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

man we need a locked thread that just shows updates and pictures of the game so far...I'm with Sammy you have to sift through 55 pages to find all the info: so here is mini one, If i missed something just cut and paste and add to it...thanks
1. 250 units only!
2. P-roc boards, separate power supply board. No more messing with V-regs and rectifiers.
3. Hand drawn art..(this alone sold me) Are you listening Stern?
4. Silk screened artwork and Clear coats between paint then UV paint and again top coat.
5. Pin-led LED DMD..no high voltage circuit.
6. Updatable software via memory stick or usb port.
7. Interactive toys on the PF.
8. Hook up for shaker motor, prewired and preprogrammed!
9. Rumor of a cool topper!!!
10. Mood changing lighting/ UV lights for the fluorescent paint..all LEDs through out.
11. sound system by Flipper Fidelity.
12. No freaking ponies.

l help a little but im on my phone with no time to go back.

A skull toy picture. Other toys will be hqnging bodies and predator claw.

Power supply will support u.s. europe and aus power from go.

I believe 7 modes with wiz and mini.

Stackable hunt multipliers which no one outside makers really understand how they fit into modes.

Led lights

Cigars sold separately

Login system with goals that will remember you

NO VOICE ACTORS

Game release will be accompanied by additional plastics for purchase.

Every major actor and basically every quote included

Visuals will be scenes from movie. No cartoony dmd

Easter egg quotes with button presses

All i got for now.

#2823 6 years ago

Gyromite next pin?

#2938 6 years ago

Pretty sure it was said that the bodies would be in the back left of the table and swing when you went over the ramp

#3050 6 years ago

I JUST CREAMED MY F<(*!N JEANS

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Profanity

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That scares me....

Dont hide your feelings. Still good to see you a believer by the way.

Quoted from MMforever:

sorry I did not see.

Creeps me out > arousal

Quoted from blondetall:

Gosh, how dare you miss that in 63 pages.

Did you forget the 50+ from the first thread?

Quoted from Drano:It's a bit more "colorful" than I was expecting,
But ill reserve final judgement until we see it all populated. It makes a huge difference.
I always think of the Dark Horse comics when I think of Predator. I guess I was envisioning a darker look

Same but you've seen the same previews i have. They were going for a "comic book feel" and i believe it wasred nailed. The adult theme will definitely be there in the callouts. I pictured it a little more violent but the game is in the gameplay.

P.S. How dare you censor me in a Predator thread

#3197 6 years ago

I think there are enough comments on the art. None of us know if it's finalized or not. I'd be fine with it if it was. Anyway, I'm leaving these here just because.

PredSkull.jpg PredSkull2.jpg

#3198 6 years ago

You know what? I'm just gonna leave this screen grab I took a while back here too. Just because...it's awesome. Favorite still of the movie.

PredatorFire.jpg

#3204 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Actually, unless SkitB's goofing on us, I think all of us know it ISN'T finalized. And it's been almost five months since the last big update: I don't think anyone would begrudge us a couple pages of discussion!

All I meant about the comments was that one from me wasn't necessary. Nothing wrong with discussion. That's what we're all here for.

And...

Artwork: Thank you for all of the responses! Two quick things, here. First, the artwork is not finalized, but, as you can see, is VERY close.

I stand corrected.

The only question is, is the artwork not being finalized just mean adding color? I dont think you can just erase part of it and draw something over it. Well, today's technology maybe, but I've noticed the "final" art, has the exact same lines as the original concept art from months ago. So nothing has been trashed or completely revamped which is why I question how easy changes are to make.

Also, and I have no expertise in this area, how different could this actually look under a blacklight? What I mean is, everyone seems to be talking about things completely changing, as opposed to just hiding blacklight paint in the outlines of what's already drawn, when it's under the blacklight. I feel like if there was separate blacklight artwork, you would see some trace of it. Unless there's a lamenate we're not seeing yet...........dun dun duuuuuuun

Edit: I was just thinking about those movies where nothing is on the walls, then a blacklight turns on and shit just appears out of nowhere. So, I guess it 'might' be possible to completely hide blacklight artwork????

#3208 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

You could wash the whole thing to look JUST like the IR POV shots like one of those black light mini-golf courses.http://www.tiktocs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/05_Tik-Tocs-Octopus.jpg
Beats me. Can't wait!

I remember someone saying they wanted to see that when the blacklights came on, the characters could switch over to heat vision. That. would. be. amazing.

Is it even possible?

I want to believe....

#3298 6 years ago

Has anyone seen James' other art on Facebook? Shit is violent. "Dark" if you will

#3305 6 years ago

You know what I think it is is the color. The colors are bright and vibrant. Maybe that gives a cartoony illusion. In this case, a darker color palette might actually "darken" the feel of the bottom of the playfield.

Just shootin the shit here

#3307 6 years ago

Could be just lines an facial expressions. This is some of James' other work. Guy can draw

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#3309 6 years ago

Not even the background. I'm talkin the clean light green camo, the preds arm unit is a light gray. Same goes for the helmet. They have wear on them, which i expect, but its something i cant put my finger on. Also his skin is pretty bright. Things just look really clean and pristine. Maybe that's it.

#3337 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down? I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

I do. This game alone is "my lineup." That's why I'm not overly critical. A lot of guys here own the NIBs that came from Stern. I don't have a lot of money so for my money I could have a LOTR, a Tron or a Predator. Predator is my favorite movie that was ever made.

What I'm saying is that I'm started here for theme above all. But without the gameplay, I'm not. I feel like the gameplay is there 100%. So when it comes to the art, sure there are things I'm looking for but I'm one man in 250. The gameplay's there, I'm there. Anything else is just frosting on the cake.

#3379 6 years ago

About the toys, the bodies will swing, the skull drops the ball, and the hole on the left will have the claw where the ball shoots out.

Skit-B also said "no toy bashing" so if you're looking for a Frankenstein or Optimus Prime, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Also, whoever guessed that the skull would be where the ball dropped out of way back when we first saw it, Nice guess.

#3391 6 years ago

Was looking through the old pages looking for a part confirming drop target info and found this on the art.

Quoted from playboywillis:

I have no problem with 5% without a playfield pic first, but would like to know if the drawings of the soldiers are rough drafts or not. Blaine looks awesome, but the other dudes kind of look like caricatures of themselves. It's better than I can draw, but it would look funny to have real pics of the guys on the trans, and then hand drawn pictures of them below that look kinda funny.

And their reply.

Shooting for a comic-book style with the characters, and so far they're looking exactly how they were envisioned. Take a close look at Hawkins in the art. In the show he spends most of his time playing the role of a bit of a doofus, but he's still a hardened, special-ops soldier and the art reflects that perfectly.

Looks pretty good in that Visual Pin mockup luvthatapex put up IMO

#3406 6 years ago

Production starting June (maybe), $4750, better get on the wait list

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are the Blue and Green lamps at the top of the playfield and Red lamps at the bottom all GI?
When do the UV lamps kick in, I guess during a certain mode the GI turns off and you have UV lamps on?
I'm wondering if its going to bright enough to see the playfield art?

Hunt mode and tracking mode. Check out their videos!

#3449 6 years ago

Great reply Kevin! I know that the fact that most if not all shot of the shots can be backhanded, and are meant to be backhanded, sold me on the layout a long time ago. When I think of games with side targets, they are never an actual target to me unless it's the only thing standing between me and a wizard mode. Most of the time, you'll hit them by accident anyway, basically making them useless. Monster Bash's Dracula and T3's RPG come to mind.

Great point on being punished for making a shot which is a way I've never really looked at it. Again, MB comes to mind. The one I used to play shot the ball SDTM from the hole practically every time.

Skull looks awesome, wristguard looks awesome (I might have to customize mine with some pictures or maybe predator speak (yautjanese?)).

Keep up the awesome work guys! I'm hoping I might be able to make it up and check it out this summer.

#3482 6 years ago

Tweedlefuzz said:

The skulls the pred is wearing don't have the same awesome detail as the others on the middle/Left side of the PF. They dont really need blood, but some more wear/cracks would help make them look less bland white.

jonnyo said:

In the movie, the Predator used some sort of galactic goo gone to make the skulls and they were basically bleached white.

------
He used a grinder. I put the before and after pics up a few pages ago. Since this thread is running like wildfire, I don't see a reason not to throw them up again.

Before. Immediately after ripping it from Billy's back. (Which I think is the extra ball animation. AWESOME.)

PredSkull.jpg

After

PredSkull2.jpg

#3497 6 years ago

Gosh DAMN I would love to see another full game video. That last one is still badass. Can't wait to see the DMD work.

#3543 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Your not the only one, no receipt but I care little about it. Sure if you needed to it would not take long to get a refund.

The route I took was sending an email with what I wanted on the nameplate and how I would be picking it up. Did you ever send something like that after payment?

#3553 6 years ago

Would the ramp have a figure of his girlfriends mouth so you have to shoot it up there 37 times? ("in a row")

One time it'll shoot back at you

#3556 6 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

What the <edited> is the internet?!?

You must be blind as anne frank dude

#3584 6 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth.

Did you just say that?

First of all, said it before, one of the reasons Predator is my favorite movie ever is the fact that whenever I even see it on, I can't stop watching it.

But Megadeth? MEGADETH????? Are you shitting me?

You f'in guys.

I think Holy Wars is one of the greatest songs ever made. Take no prisoners, the extra track on the remastered version? I wish that song was mine.

Hook in Mouth, Wake up dead, Bad omen, killing is my business, mechanix , chosen one, good mourning, devils island. So many more. Shit the first four albums could be bound into a book.

I know youre just talkin shit, but big lebowski would have me hunting down a route pin. Megadeth would make the girl I havent even married yet want to divorce me. I dont know how youd make that into a pin but damn. Dethheads are few and far between.

I hope i chance to say whatup to yall in the near future

#3619 6 years ago

I was always a bigger astro creep fan. WZ would make a hell of a pin. Zombie could do the art himself

#3629 6 years ago

Just check out the 20 minute video! Basically all that music has been finishex ingame for a while

#3707 6 years ago

Just throwing this out there again. If anyone has 20, 202, or 220, I'd trade ya

#3713 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

What number do you have?

#3718 6 years ago

Got this for your party Ted

d7qlu65.png

#3722 6 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I have 202 with no attachment to it. I will gladly trade you.
I made the same offer for #222, a desirable number I guess, but it was my fathers unit number in Vietnam. The guy with 222 wouldnt let it loose. Dad was a sidegunner and their slogan was "Hit 'em 2 hard, 2 fast and 2 often" I thought that would have made a cool nameplate, oh well.
Jason

Awesome! Yeah, I remember you asking for that. Sorry to hear it. You could still get that quote, too. Yeah if you're ok with it, I can email Kevin.

#3788 6 years ago

Happy April 20. Late as usual.

Coming up on the end of July.

Salivating. Kinda

#3885 6 years ago

Took a year but fully saved. Going to need to see a vid and some people's opinions on the final build before I can go all in here, though.

And Rai, I think most of the modes and rules were complete in that November vid. Just missing a few of the intricasies like how hunt stacks with modes, and small things like that backhanded right flipper shot from the last vid.

What I mean is, I'm not sure there's that much more to "get."

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

if someone here understand the rules from watching the videos and would like to list them that would be appreciated.

lol. Yeah you're going to have to wait for Skit B

#3892 6 years ago

I think MET gets done a little faster when the creators don't keep changing the designs to accomadate 100 people on the message boards.

That's why I say, take all the time in the world.

#3919 6 years ago

I always thought the design that bounces a ball at the end of the ramp was done on purpose. Kind of so you always get the same drop speed from the ramp. Makes it "easier."

Not a fan, just thought was always done on purpose.

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Will there by any kind of Predator Video update this month?

#3954 6 years ago

I still have a couple of these I'd sell at a premium

#3964 6 years ago

Oh, that's true. Although, Hell Boy is more of an independent comic book theme; like Judge Dredd or the Walking Dead. They are a little different, in my view, from DC and Marvel (which I think many are generally burned out on after the back to back releases from Stern).

This guy disagrees

punishermax.jpeg

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I can't wait to see this beast come together! Big thanks in advance to anyone that can send some video or pictures our way. You know us addicts need our medicine.

Well.....it IS the end of April.....

Edit:Wrong month dumbass

#3994 6 years ago

Man. Final build vid would kick ass. I'm dyin

#4067 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

not sure about the green bumper caps, i'd go red, there is a lot of green in that area already,

You know it's been green from the beginning but after you say red, and I look at it, it would make sense considering it would look like the predators target. (Even tho it'd be upside down)

#4073 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! Let's start from scratch and change everything. I say Predator helmets for bumber caps...

Lol. I think it looks great! I was just thinking it'd be cool to buy them separately and change them out on my machine. Don't know if that's possible though

#4077 6 years ago