View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nibbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#114 11 years ago

Glad I got in back in April, looks like the gates are open and people are rushing in! So stoked on this pin, keep up the great work guys (will be donating shortly)! #50

And seriously Kevin, if there is any info on the Duck Hunt please shoot me a PM!

#165 11 years ago

^lol, wut?

#199 11 years ago

^pretty sure it won't have one installed, but will have option to install your own after the fact

1 week later
#342 11 years ago

If we're throwing out suggestions, they need to do a hockey themed pin some justice (since all others suck arse).

There really should be a Slapshot movie pin...Hanson Brothers three ball multiball, harass Handrahan (orbit shots to with samples from movie "she's a lesbian", etc from that scene). C'mon man, that's pin gold! Haha

#399 11 years ago

Predator choking out Arnold, nice!

#572 11 years ago

^LOL, very true

#614 11 years ago

Predator only. WOZ looks nice, but don't like the theme for that kind of scratch. Nemo is interesting, but the Wild Stallions style rock songs that play during a game sucks IMO. P3, too expensive (but like the idea of multiple tables on one machine).

#631 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

not a single P3 lover

I definitely love it, but $10k for a pin can kiss my arse no matter how good it is.

1 week later
#729 11 years ago

^lookin siiiiiick!

How much of that is going to be covered by the flipper bats and slings? Looks like it would be a great place to make sling covers that mimic the armor (specifically the bicep aror plate)' giving it a 3d type of look extending past the PF and giving it depth.

#743 11 years ago

5% is a drop in the bucket with all things considered regarding the final price, so I'm definitely cool with it!

But once you get my monies I ask, no require, constant updates with pics/videos

#841 11 years ago

^got mine, chit just got real!

#926 11 years ago

Mine's gonna be "Knock Knock" (Arnie line when they raid the camp), don't no one go stealing it!

#972 11 years ago

^just a general update, no payment needed yet.

#990 11 years ago

So what everyone is saying is that I'm going to be clearcoating the PF, and possibly the cab, when I get it (after a proper 'break-in' of course).

#1028 11 years ago

lol, I might have to change my nameplate to "Not For Sale"

Can't comment enough to solidify how great it is that you guys are so involved in the community and don't play that corporate bull$%^*. Cannot wait for delivery of this pin and trust you guys completely to make it a great game in both gameplay (already sold on it) and finish.

#1084 11 years ago

^^It'd be nice too if you can just have like of non-stop gameplay. Hard to get an idea of flow/speed/etc when the vids are primarily playing with glass off and using your hands to make shots (works great for showing off modes though).

#1146 11 years ago

I got all the original emails, but wanted to see when we are supposed to send the 5%, I'm guessing it's now but is the CC payment setup? If not, I can just go old school and send a check - what's everyone else doing?

Also, if we can save on group shipping to MN, I'm down!

#1162 11 years ago

^^that for sure

#1188 11 years ago

^eh, just put a piece of tape over it with the number you want when it arrives

I wanted #5 just because of my last name, but JonM took it, so I settled on #50 - don't really see the plate number adding any value whatsoever since they're being built in order of signing up (I guess the #1 will be a nice find though, but guessing that one will be handed down from generation to generation

#1190 11 years ago

^there was a thread that semi-collected most/all pinside members that were buying it.

*edit* Found it: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-owners-club-taking-names-and-kicking/page/4

#1212 11 years ago

^nice! That vid is all time!!! Great work guys, cannot wait to get mine

#1240 11 years ago

And to add, the intro to the end boss battle is so f'ing bad ass! Great work guys!!!

#1344 11 years ago

Is there any fee associated with sending the payment through PayPal that SkitB has to pickup? I might just still send a check so all of my money is going directly to them and not being leeched by PayPal.

#1388 11 years ago

No voice anything outside of clips from the movie, the jackpot sound is fine, no need to complicate a process trying to get the actual person to do custom pinball callouts...cause it ain't gonna happen, and the payoff if it did would be so minimal it's not even worth the thought.

#1416 11 years ago

^no hunt mode, and lighting was worse (seems like the sample black ramps make the pf look unlit). But if they carry the lighting from the beta, its gonna look sick!

#1425 11 years ago

Mailed my check in today cuz I'm old-school and vehemently hate paypal, haha.

1 week later
#1466 11 years ago

Midnight bump for the Pred thread pops up, click on it hoping for it to be a PF art/toys/new update, . But for everyone else not going to be in Howell, MI, can we get some pics and vids from the event?

Also, my deposit got cashed, so chit just got real

1 week later
#1619 11 years ago

*53 new posts* me = "AWSOME!" , *open thread go to last page only to see it's people b&#$%ing at each other and nothing important* me = "Damn it!"

#1624 11 years ago

Lol, this thread needs moar bewbs after all this BS-waste of time-nonsense (I would post some, but I'm on my wife's computer at the moment, and you know how that is )

#1626 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Maybe Blonde can help

Blonde, Brunette, whatev - [Michael Scott voice] It's aaaaaaw'l goooh'd [/MSV]

#1718 11 years ago

Stoked!

1 week later
#1871 11 years ago

Just send a personal check, much easier than dealing with the chit-show that is paypal...

#1914 11 years ago

Lol, Poncho photo bombing the PF

Looking great!

#1953 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

[navajas] broke my heart

Off the list!!! "No pin for you"

#1959 11 years ago

Aright, everyone get out....

#1960 11 years ago

New thread time, sans art nitpicking.

#1965 11 years ago

#2002 11 years ago

^"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"?!?!?

#2051 11 years ago

F'ing stoked!!!

#2057 11 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Can I suggest a cool little keyfob with a hint at game #2 in the Predator goodie bag (if there is in fact a goodie bag)?

This! Or a thank you card sent out on a random date with a picture hinting at the next title

#2062 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

how is everyones Pred fund coming?

Oh, it's "there" ... ... man, we need an 'air quotations' emoticon

But it'll be paid in full for sure when my game is ready to ship!

#2127 11 years ago

It'll be interesting to see if there will be a way to get some mirror blades in there with the side lighting. I think that might make the jungle scene on the game look expansive.

#2175 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I personally really like the jackpot sequence.

Same here, I dig the jackpot sound.

1 week later
#2288 11 years ago

^Only one solution, drop out and let someone else have-at-it.

2 weeks later
#2365 11 years ago

That second pin really tied the room together

#2380 11 years ago

^Are we talking comedy pin here or what? I assume the change of pace is from skinned bodies to side splitting humor? Just please don't be a niche comedy if you're going that route (I.e. Monty Python).

But whatever you guys decide to do, I'm stoked to see what you come up with for the game layout/rules/fun of it all!

#2434 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all I want is another pf art update...

x2

1 week later
#2535 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

But if it's your own secret private burden and you have no intention of telling anyone what it is, why broadcast it to the forum?

Attention whoring at its finest

#2537 11 years ago

^

1 week later
#2659 11 years ago

Thread in dire need of actual update, commencing in -1, -2, -3...

3 weeks later
#3034 11 years ago

I dig it, looks sick and will likely look even better when populated!

#3122 11 years ago

Posterior deltoid is just too big and makes the whole shoulder/arm look off. Easy fix if he can cut it down and just add the rest of Mac's collar and camo shirt to fill in the space.

#3149 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Now what if that skull is in fact Arnold's and the UV light will show the extra artwork and his face will be over the skull? Sort of uv light is reality and what we see here is what the Predator is envisioning

Would be sweet, but how would the worm on the skull fit into that situation?

#3443 11 years ago

Yeah, that looks MUCH better.

#3472 11 years ago

Ok, somebody with a little insight, please help me on this. What is wrong with the shoulder? I don't get it, and I need to pass this information along detailed.

Here is a quick PS of the issue (and easy fix) showing the shape and perspective of the deltoid muscle (with Arnold twisting his upper left shoulder essentially out of the PF, his deltoid will have a much broader shape in the front of him instead of behind him). It's a very minor tweak, but it makes the body shape agree a lot more with the perspective he is posed in.

This is the original:
Pred_1.jpgPred_1.jpg

Here is the edited version making his shoulder have the correct perspective/shape:
Pred_2.jpgPred_2.jpg

#3639 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

This one should be focussed on Predator

#3648 11 years ago

The fan a standard for the final build too? Cab looks tight like a tiger!

#3657 11 years ago

We haven't had any heat issues with the new power supply yet, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Atta boy!

2 weeks later
#4072 10 years ago

First mod will likely be my first attempt at fabbing full metal ramps (gonna be the 'Special' forces LE ); the clear plastic ramps work, but the game screams for the metal.

#4153 10 years ago

Too weathered and "old." Predator doesn't hunt for ripe trophies; he hunts for fresh trophies!

I feel like the grammar police (and seriously I'm not trying to be a smart ass or overly critical), but the more realistic skull is the one you are saying is "old" looking - bone isn't bleach-white unless you let it sit out in the sun forever or treat it. The freshest skull is the one that was scrapped (which sucks, because it would look GREAT on the lower playfield and not 'Grape jelly' like the one on there now), but I hope tou guys reconsider the art choice because the one listed By Habo above is what it would like like if the Pred just cleaned off all if the tissue on his 'new' trophy.

#4257 10 years ago

that cat gif kicks ass!

#4308 10 years ago

Shoulder looks perfect!

And someone who has PS, just do a quick cut on the 'real' looking skull and put it over the PF artwork (don't even need to do any skew/distort, just a cut and paste jobby ) so we can get an idea of how that would look.

1 week later
#4470 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I was the first to point out "the shoulders" and was chastised for it by several folks in here. I pretty much stopped participating in this thread after that & decided to just sit back and watch the show. And guess what... the art was tweaked & some of the very same posters, who did their best to make me look petty, were among the first to congratulate Skit-B for the improvement.

Someone get this man a cookie or a medal, stat!....

3 weeks later
#4694 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sorry guys but I played this at the nw show and was awful.
Hopefully it's as you say and it's only because its stripped down.
However why take it to shows in this state when people will not like it? Won't that scare off potential customers cuz they will think it sucks?

Lulz, "why da game no finished fully. Only bring 100% completed games to shows".... F$@&

#4732 10 years ago

Won't send full payment in until final build is released, but feel guilty should the guys need the moola to finish; see new posts in the thread, open up to see the new goodness - only see banter...

fbm.jpgfbm.jpg

3 weeks later
#4981 10 years ago

This thread needs more bitching about Sans-script I think....

#5094 10 years ago

I remember Butterbean from one of the Jackass movies...

He was better on Squidbillies

4 weeks later
#5226 10 years ago

Anyone remember (off the top of their head) what page of this thread that went over the Tier pricing (and what you get for each tier)? I'm kicking the idea back and forth, but I have an issue sending in half when I haven't even seen the plastics in the game (so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on much by only submitting full payment after I see the finished product).

1 month later
#5510 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Fresh ribs who's hungry?!?!?!
Working on something cool to go with the game......see you at expo

Holy chit son! That looks perfect!!!

#5514 10 years ago

Uhhh, looking at it again, that looks super long to be going for the VUK. That going somewhere else too

1 week later
#5570 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I'm thinking some sort of bracket screwed to top of pin with hook. That bad boy over the hook and standing straight up on top of the pin?

Could also just be a hook for painting.

#5603 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Nice little custom game from the Skit B and Skill Shot guys!

wtf.gifwtf.gif

#5607 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This isn't 'nam man there are rules.

well placed movie quote, deserves a thumbs up.

#5628 10 years ago

I'm just adding to the new post count for the late stragglers that still haven't opened up this thread yet today expecting an update

#5758 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

This games artwork should have been its best feature...
I saw it in Seattle and it was ugly then, and it's still terrible looking now...I feel bad for anyone still in on one...

1317614157745.jpg1317614157745.jpg

#5796 10 years ago

How is there seriously no video (even though it was down yesterday)?

#5800 10 years ago

Damn, really wanted to see some videos

#5863 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How do I know the UV got through?
The flippers glowed like none other.
Some of the things DID react to the UV light. Just not the playfield...
Believe what you wish. I was there.
In any case, excited to see finished product and hope it all turns great!

Hopefully you Guys didn't take that black light into your hotel room and shine it around, ewww

#5979 10 years ago

Please tell me someone will be there with a camera (and not a potato that somehow takes WMV video clips, or someone snapping photos with their TI-89 calculator...)!

#5983 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For the record if anyone has a potato that can take WMV I would like to see it too.

^This is truth!

#5988 10 years ago

1382887939692.jpg1382887939692.jpg

#5997 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The holes were sparse and about the diameter of a pencil. I noticed them on the major left and right side plastics. I dunno if they're making space for another layer of plastics/toys or what these are for.

Jungle canopy, dollars to donuts they're for trees

#6000 10 years ago

Potatoes weren't charged up to get the flash to work...

All I'm looking for is some reason to send my full payment in (even thought I probably missed the cutoff date for the pre-payment perks), but unfortunately I haven't seen it yet (literally a "shut up and take my money!" type of deal )

#6013 10 years ago

-Film new video Sunday.
-Edit video on Monday.
-Post video on Pinside Tuesday.

>>Prove me wrong

#6148 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Gives the hope of one day being used with colour changing leds and more superb light shows.

This is a great point and why I keep going back and forth on the inserts. With the code being open source, you can almost be guaranteed someone will rewrite code to enable the RGB LED's for the inserts (and if not, you can still put in colored bulbs/LEDS to give correct color). Plus, the only reason for colored inserts is to make the pin look pretty when it's not turned on.

#6156 10 years ago

^I'll be the first to admit I have no clue on it, but seems like the hardest part would be the coding? Everything else would be a kit to convert and bolt on.

#6164 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sorry if this has already been covered in this jumbo thread, but do buyers still get to choose a custom quote to get printed on their numbered plaque? If so, do we e-mail it to Kevin? Profanity okay?

As far as I know, it's still an option to have your name or a quote added to the plaque (it was a long time ago, but there was a part where you emailed your name and/or quote you wanted on the pin; so I would just email Kevin with what you're looking for). The profanity part I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will have the "Bunch'a slack-jawed faggots around here" on their plaque (which would be fun to try an explain if you ever had to sell )

#6174 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Half the fun of a new pin is finding new useless junk, I mean cool mods, for it..

I'm in the same boat. I had talked to Mezel about printing or molding the hut tops for the pops and would be a very easy mod to put into the game. I'm sure someone will come up with a great chopper mod for those that want it, same for the triple dot laser, etc. Maybe even create a new overlay to cover up the jelly skull with the other example that was shown

In this day with 3D printing, you could likely have someone printing up new hanging bodies to mod the original idea even farther without (hopefully) breaking the bank on price.

#6181 10 years ago

Clear/Khaki inserts, finally made up my mind on which looks best

1 week later
#6219 10 years ago

Probably similar to AFM/RFM/ACDC where you hold the flipper button down on plunge, the ball comes around the upper orbit and you need to make a ramp shot (or Jungle hole) in a certain time frame.

#6221 10 years ago

^Easy code tweak though to make it a random assigned shot (kind of like hunt mode), instead of just making any/every ramp count for the the super. Or don't allow the same ramp shot to count twice for the super (you hit the right ramp on the first ball you get the super, every plunge after won't count if that ramp is hit again).

Or have a super-super skill shot where you dead bounce off the left flipper and one-time it back up the left orbit (basically you only get to hit the flipper once before the super-super is deactivated)

4 weeks later
#6369 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It's been [six] weeks ... he stated production would begin as soon as 6 weeks from his speech at expo.

Quoted from dgoett:

It's been [six] weeks ... production would begin as soon as 6 weeks

Quoted from dgoett:

as soon as 6 weeks

Cancel your order and pay off Hobbit

2 weeks later
#6433 10 years ago

Even though I was a supporter of the khaki inserts, seeing the colored inserts with the black border on the PF looks just as awesome! Great work

#6491 10 years ago

Less pranks, more update photos.

1 week later
#6604 10 years ago

ACDC, the game kills it!

#6607 10 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

I don't believe you can compare AC/DC against Predator

Not comparing, someone just asked about the last gore in pinball, and ACDC was it "because it killed"

#6620 10 years ago

^New one to start off with official update video (or a picture of the plastics)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nibbles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=nibbles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.