View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kindofradnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#484 11 years ago

I played Predator at Expo. The problem is that I didn't have any actual fun playing it.

I don't know what you guys were smoking, but three weeks ago you posted a video where you had clear ramps on the game. You showed up at expo with OPAQUE BLACK ramps on the game.

WHAT were you guys smoking? The NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT against AC/DC is that people can't see what's going on around the right inlane, and you guys cover not only the inlanes but most of the outlanes ON BOTH SIDES!??!!?? HORRENDOUSLY BAD presentation -- put me off the game pretty hard.

It flat out DOESN'T MATTER that the clear ramps looked like crap. The point is THEY WERE CLEAR. Going with the completely black ramps meant that ANYTHING that went ANYWHERE NEAR either the inlane or outlane on either side was COMPLETELY unsaveable. You turned a game of pinball into a game of pachinko. If I WANTED to play pachinko, I'D BE PLAYING PACHINKO!

Throwing James under the bus for your incompetence/ignorance on ramp making was also very poor form as well. You would be perfectly fine saying "we wanted to have X but it didn't work out", but throwing James under the bus by name for something that wasn't his problem but a problem of your making isn't cool. James is a highly valued member of the pinball community! His product has helped me save many of my games! Not cool in the least!

Clean up your act guys -- your expo showing was low class on multiple fronts. If you're going to be in business making pinball machines, act like you're IN BUSINESS. That means you don't talk crap about your suppliers with every Tom, Dick, and Harry that walks up to the booth. (EVEN IF they deserve it, which in this case they didn't.) Being in business means that you take your lumps and go with the playable ramps even if they look like melted soda bottles. Being in business means acting like professionals, not like two guys who escaped their garage. It's entirely OK to be two guys who escaped their garage (look at Dennis & Greg!) -- just don't ACT like it.

#488 11 years ago

That's like saying that you know the wheels are going to be round instead of square so what's the problem? The problem is that as shown the game was nearly unplayable. I played it once and was so put off by them that I didn't even push start for a second. Next day I decided to give the game a second shake and after two games was still so put off I muttered "this is horseshit" underneath my breath and walked away, shaking my head. Talking with other people many had the same reaction. If it wasn't a new game that nobody had seen or played before it would quickly have found itself idle.

I guess if you don't ever play your games you might not see the problem. Try it on your own games and see how fun it is. Tape a folder over the left inlane and outlane area, and do the same thing with the right inlane and outlane, then play a game. Fun? Nope.

#498 11 years ago

Would I rather see the ramps unhittable or rather see the inlanes? Good question, but there's absolutely NO REASON I should have to make this choice. If those clear ramps were as unhittable as you claim (and I'm not so sure that's true), then you saw off the bottom third of the black ramps and glue the bottom third of the clear ramps on them. That'll fix the problem (by the time the ball gets to the clear section it's pretty much headed straight down and can be handled by anything) without throwing blinders over 33% of the critical lower playfield. It was a work in progress -- it can be ugly, but it CANNOT be dysfunctional. That's why no art doesn't rate a mention as it doesn't affect game play. Throwing blinders over the in/out lanes affects EVERY ball played on that game in a drastically negative way. You just can't do that and expect people to take you seriously.

And yes, I DO feel very smart that I disregarded the pinside hype ("suckers!") and avoided buying one of these after playing it at expo, thank you very much. Predator needs to get MILES better before it's worth much of anything except to those who like looking at their games rather than playing them.

As for the Jack/WoZ comparisons, this isn't a WoZ thread. Stay on topic.

#500 11 years ago

Complaints about game play are now being labeled trolling because they don't agree with the hive mind. Pinside hits a new low.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kindofradnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=kindofradnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.