Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#113 7 years ago

Predator #45

Just realized today that you could donate so I did, keep up the great work guys

1 week later
#269 7 years ago

Cool shirt, any chance of getting one with the game?

#293 7 years ago

I wanna give a +1 to skit-b if they decide to make Pin #2 Aliens. How sweet would it be to have the alien head on the playfield where the mouth opens and that second smaller mouth comes out and grabs the ball? Make it happen skit-b

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

A) You'll probably sell out in Chicago.
B) I thought Kevin said it would NOT be Alien or Aliens.

They may have. I was just throwing it out there in case they decide to make it down the road. It would be a very sweet pin. Maybe they are gonna go a more comical theme for the second game? Caddyshack maybe? Wishful thinking I guess.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Oh damn! To answer all the Stern comic book machines Skit B could do Orgazmo! I bet dollars to beer and doughnuts Matt and Trey would do custom voices if you wanted.
EDIT: "Now sink your ball deep in that hole Chodda Boy!"

" Now you're a man, a manny, manny, man" Classic

I'd buy it today

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

As a preface, I'm not cheap nor callous, I'm just poor. Can donate the difference to what I already have? I know how this sounds, but, it's what I got. Sorry. :-/
EDIT: Is the red what will show up under the UVs?

+1 to this although I am a cheap bastard I did the same I made up the difference from my initial donation in hopes that a shirt will come to this cheap ass here lol. Although every dollar extra I've had is going to saving for this machine. Hopefully down the road ill throw some more donations your way skit-b

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I just find it ironic that he's in here telling the SkitB boys how they lost a buyer, after they had already announced that they were sold out.
As for the criticism of the ramps, whatever. One man's opinion. Great. It could have been more constructive, but there's obviously an ax to grind. The continued keyboard diarrhea after no one else agreed with him is really funny, though. I love the "hive mentality" and "Pinside hype" straw men. 250 suckers vs. 1 enlightened, temporary black ramp hating, buddy of James', that felt he needed to carpet bomb the board with his very narrow complaint. How noble.

+250

1 week later
#638 7 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Just a bump for those w/o FB

Hell yeah I love that artwork, can't wait to see the full finalized artwork

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I'll just leave this here...

Just beautiful artwork. I can't wait to see this in full color playing in my game room. Funds are almost fully gathered, $800 left to save and it's a lock. Keep up the great work there skit-b

#746 7 years ago

Money is in hand, let me know when to send it. Thanks for the update

#748 7 years ago

I'm assuming because of this update you have high expectations of a full completed machine pretty soon? Or am I reading too much into it?

#759 7 years ago

This is probably a silly question but I didn't see it posted, is there gonna be some type of standard shipping or are we expected to set up shipping? In the US that is. I know it's early to ask about it but I wanna get my ducks in a row.

#762 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I wasn't too worried about shipping cost just if I needed to find a company to ship it to me. You answered my question though, good to know you're gonna try and contract a shipping company.

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I am also in for a 5% deposit, no problem! It would be great to get some more details though, even if they are speculative at this point. Maybe a video of a complete game being played? A shot map? How and where do you plan to manufacture the production games? And... can I get a t-shirt for my $25 donation a few weeks back?

Is second this, I sent two donations would love a shirt

#820 7 years ago

I thought the price point was 4750 did they increase it?

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I dont think so. I bleieve its still 4750.00. People have just started rounding it up.

Oh I see.

#848 7 years ago

No email yet but I second the chance to move to a lower number when someone drops out.

#888 7 years ago

#45 still no email

#915 7 years ago

Still haven't received one unless its this warning in my spam mail about vaginal mesh implants not being FDA approved, If I had to buy that for the wife I think I'd have bigger problems than not getting skit-b's email O_o

#948 7 years ago

Well I got my email. Got a question Kevin, do you have any idea on the amount of characters we can add to the name plate?

#965 7 years ago

I asked earlier not sure if you caught it, do you know how many characters we can add to the name plate?

#966 7 years ago

Well if I can add it my inscription is gonna be "Long tall Sally, she's built sweet, she's got everything that Uncle Jon needs"

Hands off peeps

#988 7 years ago

Hopefully Skit-B comes in and explains a little more in detail about the playfield process as I could see this being a deal breaker for some. My personal opinion is to not use an overlay and I'm sure the problem they are gonna run into is the price of whatever machine they are gonna buy or rent to do this. I could live with cabinet decals fading or peeling but the playfield is the most important part and needs to be treated as such.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

So what everyone is saying is that I'm going to be clearcoating the PF, and possibly the cab, when I get it (after a proper 'break-in' of course).

Well from what Kevin said earlier in the thread is that cab artwork looks to be really solid and they have tried to make it fade but that hasn't happened yet.

#1006 7 years ago

What was said in my earlier post was just voicing concern and maybe pointing out the obvious but by no means complaining or jumping ship. I haven't been this excited for a game in quite some time. Now on that note obviously I'm sure I speak for most when I say we would like to keep cost as low as you can but if its not feasible I'll gladly pay more but I would love to see someone make something groundbreaking in pinball by means of being indestructible for the playfield or as close as you can come. I've got another question regarding the contractor for the playfields, is this a company that is familiar with pinball playfields in any way? Or were you serious about military grade process? Also would be good if you could throw one out in the wild with this new type of playfield and let it get about 20k plays on it.

I hope this contractor can pull it off. I've still got my money burning a hole in my pocket with predator written all over it so no worries and thank you from a fan of yours for being so forthcoming with information. I have no doubt when we look back on pins in 10+ years this will be on top of the best of list.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or it may not be. Kevin, Just build them and let us decide. Cheers!
Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun" #190

Well obviously it may not be. I was trying to have a positive outlook.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

No one asked. How much would the increase be exactly. And were we looking at 4750 or 5k?
Tip: underlord. Drop the "I'm"

Still $4750

#1023 7 years ago

Thanks for the update and great story to go along with it. That sounds like a winner to me. Now what are you doing talking to us schlubs..... Get back to work!

#1042 7 years ago

Best name plate for Predator: "Please have a seat."

Nice lol

#1043 7 years ago

Will this fit? "What's the condoms and chloroform for?"

#1098 7 years ago

I assume this is another mass email? I haven't received it yet but it took 24 hours for the first one.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

An email was sent out providing each person with the information that Skit-B has on file. (your name, machine #, production #, your address, etc). It also indicated the $ down that they want and other misc. information.

Thanks for the heads up

#1103 7 years ago

I sent you an email with updated personal info Kevin. Thanks

#1129 7 years ago

Production Order #115, thought I got in sooner than that oh well bring it on!

#1184 7 years ago

Short answer: yes. More on this coming in a few days.

Yeah, I think it is, too... I'll get with Matt after the holiday and see if he's willing to share some stuff

Awesome news

Happy Thanksgiving Skit-B

#1227 7 years ago

I'll start with great video. Now on to my concerns. It seemed like it was fairly easy to achieve multiball then to score a lot of points in a short amount of time. Since I have no idea about the rules or scoring ill just write about what I seen in the video. I know the first game was to show off the multiballs and that's cool but was wondering when you start say the bottom tier multiball whichever one that is is the scoring for that multiball a little amount of points and then when you stack two or more the score doubles or triples? It just seemed if you were to use this game for a tournament you could just spam multiball.

Scoring:
For my own personal taste I prefer a game that's harder to score and to break a billion points would be a milestone is this what you guys think as well? I realize you're an exceptional player and my scores would probably be half what yours are but that's still high for a 8+ minute game.

Lighting:
It's looking like there is a lot to be desired when it comes to lighting. Are you using leds? Why did you scrap the rope lighting on the inside walls of the cab? Are there still plans to use the uv paint and lighting? If so I'm thinking spot lights for the center of the playfield would be good. As I'm sure you know a beautiful light show can make all the difference in a game it can help immerse the player into that world. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any flashers, are they gonna be added? Would be cool to synchronize them with gun shots and explosions in the sound system. I still loved the other video you did with hunt mode and the rope lighting would come on.

Toys:
How much of a difference will the toys make toward game play? I know you said you were gonna add the Predator claw and you were only adding toys that interact with the game. I guess what I'm asking is will it change game play and shots?

Layout:
You said you moved the pops and center targets to stop the sdtm drains but how much has that changed the kick outs that used to shoot into the pop bumpers? That was an aspect I liked and added to the feel of running through the jungle. It seemed like the kick outs didn't do much now.

Sound and Video:
I love the voice quotes and some of the sound but my concern is with being able to tell which mode you are in, it might be a good idea to change up the music and add call outs to let the player know where they are at in a game. It seems like it just has the same repetitive Predator music throughout the game. Are there plans to add a full soundtrack for the different modes and add call outs for multiball, extraball and replay?

Overall:
Though my concerns may sound negative please don't take them as such. I'm very impressed with the game at this stage in its development and I have no doubt you guys will bring a fun and fresh machine into production. Overall from what I've seen I'll give it a grade below.

From just watching the video

Rules and Modes: B+

Scoring: C

Sound: B-

Lighting: D+

Playfield design and layout: C

Overall: C+ (that's not bad at all considering there is still a lot to be shown)

All of these scores will surely change so please don't be offended by any of the lower scores. I figure constructive criticism is the best route to perfection. Loved the video btw had me grinning ear to ear by the end. I can't wait to see a sneak peak of the toys and the playfield art.

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think a major part of it is if we can know some sort of approximations on how complete things are. If they can be broken down into categories, that'd be great. If things like the lighting are still in their infancy, then it'd be less to be worried about at the current stage.

Good point and I agree

#1245 7 years ago

That's what was missing also. Maybe its in the game though, that famous predator clicking sound. Is that in hunt mode?

#1264 7 years ago

I have to admit the more I'm watching the more I like. A thought occurred to me about having a get to the choppa mode where you collect the remaining crew to escape. I'm not sure if you guys are open to add more features but it did seem like a good idea to me. You could have a timer counting down and have to collect or hit certain shots in the allotted time and if you fail the game goes dead and drains your ball or something along those lines. The timer could be the Predators timer on his wrist. Anyway just a thought.

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Does anyone else have a tough time seeing what the DMD animations are? Maybe it is just the grid lines, but I can rarely tell what the animations are?
I think it was asked before, but I do not remember the answer >>> Can we upgrade to a ColorDMD for Predator? I would happily pay more for no gridlines.

Well a color dmd would have to be programmed to that specific game and I'm not so sure skit-b has the resources for that.

#1272 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure the ColorDMD can be used in most B/W 90s games as a single color (like Phobe did it as Green in Congo at Expo). I was not wanting actual color coded animations, but rather just the ability to have the colorDMD in Predator and set to a single color (I would liekly pick red).

Well I assumed you wanted color plural. But yeah I'm sure a single color dmd would work but I don't know about upgrading through skit-b. It would be a nice way to individualize your machine.

#1330 7 years ago

Oh yeah.... I'm paid and in on the fun

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Just to confirm, the deposit is $250, right? The email i got from you Kevin didnt state an amount and i have only heard that amount being talked about here. Just wanted some solid confirmation of the total required before i pay.

Yes $250, go to skitb's Predator Page and it's there

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So now that you've got the account set up, it is time to start asking for deposits on game #2?

Zing!

#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well, my list spot just opened. I jumped off the band wagon. Just not enough substance for me. Not real art work on the play field and not much to see in the way of toy's from Matt like they claim. Allot of fixing code over and over at the expo in Chicago. It seemed to me like they were very un- pre-paired at the expo. The guys are great and I wish them the best. I would have stuck with them on the list if they would have put more out there. The computer screen showing art work was cool but way to may question could not be answered for me. Then they sent out a email asking for deposits and from the show date to the date I got the email. I didn't see anything different. I watched the video and that's pretty much what I saw at the Chicago Expo. Maybe I am missing something. I know it's hard to start up a new company so I wish them the best.

I understand your feelings. This is the only deposit they are gonna ask for. As for the toys, they said they are gonna try and get us a sneak peek from Matt. They have shown us more of the artwork in this thread but I can understand how some could be a little apprehensive since all we really have is sketches. It is a huge undertaking for just a couple of guys in their basement but I have faith they will pull it off, as for the deposit it a very small risk for the reward I believe. I believe they have been very forthcoming on info and in the end will make a great machine.

Maybe Kevin can chime in here and alleviate some of the worries you and others have?

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from screen:

Since we're discussing the waitlist and people dropping out this would be a good time to ask about how production order will be handled. I've yet to see this addressed here or even by others working on new projects but it seems to me that if anyone drops out, the production order of all buyers behind them should move up and the lucky waitlist holder that is next in line should take the last available production slot. This methodology would be the fairest to all early supporters.
As a later production number holder I would not be terribly happy knowing that I could be waiting many months more for a game to play than someone that ordered after me.

This is a good point and I agree. Just move them to the back of the line.

#1456 7 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Still looking forward to the new 16 tint LED DMD video

I second this. Maybe a toy unveiling? Come on Kevin, you know you want to.

#1507 7 years ago
Quoted from Hoss-Woods:

Is everyone really sure they can't make it to The Shark Club in Howell, MI for the Snowball Open? It seems the Predator is going to be there and it looks like Santa visited the guys at SKIT - B a little early...

Not to knock it because it's good you guys got some ramps in but I can see the left ramp in the picture cracking because of the angle in the bottom part of the picture. That needs to be rounded I would think instead of an angle on it.

#1518 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I would also like a pony, but think this one would work better.

Lol nice

#1524 7 years ago

So that's what it will look like next to my ACDC

#1641 7 years ago

This thread jumped the shark. I think its time for a "New New Predator Thread"

#1647 7 years ago

Great post and thanks for the update Kevin.

#1663 7 years ago

Yeah but can we get one in a different color? Oh and the wings are too long and id rather have a more sweet pony instead of the goth pony? I dont like the tatoo can it have piercings instead? I dont like that hairstyle and could you maybe give it a smile. Oh and I paid my deposit could that be sent to me tomorrow with the new changes? K... thanks. .. bye 2012-12-18-21-03-24--1759057629.jpeg

#1692 7 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I love this thread, likely because I didn't put any money on Predator. It's gonna be a loooong wait and if people are getting crazy now I can't wait to read months from now.

You like the rest of us have no clue how long it's gonna be till released.

#1702 7 years ago

Saturday bump and getting anxious. ... must have... my predator fix...

#1715 7 years ago

I got an updated playfield scan this morning and it's looking pretty damn good. Not completed yet, let me just get that out of the way, but maturing very well. The existing stuff has been inked and expounded upon greatly, and there are a few additions that are sure to please. I'll get a proper picture up here shortly.Oh, and don't count Matt out just yet. I have it on good authority that we'll have something up here in a day or two

Oh hell yeah! This great news

#1753 7 years ago

Ahem... toys... Christmas. .

#1764 7 years ago

You guys are spoiled, you got to see that latest pic before I did! Damned Facebook

That artwork is just plain badass! I can't wait to see the full color on it. Ordering this pin was the best decision I made. If we were truly spoiled you would show us some toy pictures or video *pounds hands and feet on the floor*
J/k

#1778 7 years ago

Wow that looks awesome! I can't wait

#1796 7 years ago

I agree with this very much. I think the WoZ is simply beautiful to look at throughout. I'm generally not a big fan of how most Stern stuff looks, but I have to admit I really dig the obnoxious green Hulk Avengers.

All of the toys will be interactive, but a some will be more interactive than others. The skull is probably the least interactive directly (no balls in the eyes like CSI, BOP, whatever else), but the finished game couldn't function without it. That's all I'm gonna say

Should be seeing some new stuff pretty soon. I was worried about showing off the skull piece before it was finished, but you guys seem to really like it and understand that it's not going to be just a white skull stuck on the game somewhere, so that's a load off. Maybe we'll get some more proto stuff up here in the weeks to come.

Man you really got me trying to figure out how the skull is needed in such a way that the finished game can't function without it? Also if the other toys look as good as the skull then this game is gonna be amazing from an artistic standpoint. The skull looks awesome and can only imagine how much better it will look with shading and definition.

#1798 7 years ago

I was thinking the skull is a shooter rod handle but I can't remember if it has a plunger or just a button. It's also pretty small by looking at your hands. Hmm... Any hints? Is this a playfield toy or a cabinet toy? I think someone said something about it going over the left sling or outlane, this would seem like a good guess. Anyway I'll stop pestering about it. I'm just anxious to play this game.

#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Pretty small? I was thinking it was pretty big actually; especially considering how much room there is in a pinball machine... (The prototype used a launch button for firing the pinball.) Needless to say, I'm intrigued as to what it will be.

Looks to be about 3 inches wide by about 4 inches long? The picture is pretty close up so the only reference we have to size is his hands and it looks to be a little smaller than his fingers. So at this point I figure the place it could go is... wait for it..... just about anywhere lol.

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Please no button. Please any God that your pray to, let it not be a button.

I would rather have a plunger also. Is there a skill shot? To me it needs a plunger if so.

#1816 7 years ago

If the game had physical locks I might have considered a plunger, but honestly the game doesn't need it, anyways. The diverter at the top stops the ball for skill shot, and it drops for super skill shot, so full-force plunging is all that is necessary.

Oh okay so it does have a skill and super skill shot, awesome. I prefer a plunger but it's really not a big deal at all.

#1820 7 years ago

I'm assuming the toys are the swinging corpses, the Predator claw blades and that skull. Just a guess though

#1825 7 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Yep who do you think sculpted the skull
More to come guys just moved in to my new place and just got over being really sick. Now back to work!!!!

Cool thanks Matt, you do awesome work. I can't wait to see the others. Happy to hear you're feeling better. I can only imagine how badass this game is gonna look.

#1839 7 years ago

Man that artwork is sick! I Love it. I can only imagine what it's gonna look like with color and uv lighting.

#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I know the fellas are busy, so I thought I'd ask here. Did everyone else that sent a deposit in get a conformation from Skit-B? I did get a paypal one so I know it went through. Thanks!

I got an email from the Nigerian Prince Skit-B-Bilacca so I sent him $250 through paypal. Its all good though cause he said he has a check for $356,000 and will send it to me upon the arrival of my deposit from paypal.....

Should I be worried?

Post edited by Kcpinballfan : edited for the sensitive crowd

#1875 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What you are insinuating is not very cool. Thumbs down.

Do I really need to add j/k for some people to understand what a joke is? I'm not insinuating anything I'm goofing around. Lighten up Francis

Oh and PS: you're getting a thumbs down for thinking people on this site are not smart enough to tell the difference between a joke and facts.

#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah the interwebs are not real good at denoting sarcasm. Others have said similar ideas about 'other' companies which have taken cash but are yet to deliver games...
Winkies help show sarcasm.
Fqer

I figured when I added Nigerian Prince the joke would have hit someone upside the head.

#1880 7 years ago

Doh! That flew right over my head lol

I thought you meant the thread being bumped

#1916 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Time for another video Kevin with the clear ramps installed.

+1

#2049 7 years ago

This is probably a silly question but is their a list of the people that donated and are getting shirts? I remember donating like $20 bucks or something then later finding out if you donated $25 skit-b would send a shirt so I sent another $5 to see if I could get one but have no idea if they are sending me one or not. Let me know Kevin? Im not home right now to see if a shirt came in. Ill have to ask my wife.

#2053 7 years ago

How do you feel schedule wise? Are you guys currently ahead or behind schedule?

#2067 7 years ago

Someone needs to make a thread with a poll seeing how everyone feels about color changing inserts and color changing gi. I think most would be in favor of both. Im all for them since owning acdc, its my favorite thing about acdc. It really is what makes it truly modern.

2 weeks later
#2260 6 years ago

Um tease much? More please lol

2 weeks later
#2324 6 years ago

Do you have a projected release date? I dont need the actual date just some where close with a guess. Ive passed up several deals for pins but if its likely gonna release in the 4th quarter of this year or the 1st quarter of next year I could plan around that better. As you know being a collector is a month by month time and money management job. Like I said I dont need an exact date or anything set in stone just a projection for those of us that need to plan around a time.

#2332 6 years ago

I received an email from Kevin regarding this but ill wait to see if he comes along and posts it. I dont wanna be out of line if he wants to release that info.

#2336 6 years ago

They are gonna release 10 per week till finished

#2340 6 years ago

This is the email I got from Kevin hopefully he doesn't get mad that I posted it but you guys have to remember this is just a projection, nothing more. It doesn't mean it will be released by the date that's posted.

Jon,

We're looking at starting proper production within the next few months and hoping to be moving about ten games per week.  Looking at our books, you're in the later part of the first half of the production cycle, so I would imagine if everything goes as smoothly as possible, you'd be looking at something like July or August.  If we get caught up on something, it may push closer to Christmas for you. 

#2343 6 years ago

Let me just reiterate what I was saying in my post above. There was more to my email than just what I posted and don't get your hopes up for that to be the release date. This is just a timeline that Skit-B is trying to iron out and problems can and probably will arise to change dates. So with that being said that was the email I received just to help me try and plan and shouldn't be taken as finalized that way no one should get upset or disappointed if it's released later than that. Other than that....

Carry on to your regularly scheduled posting and remember when all is said and done if I have to wait till next year some time this is gonna be one kickass pin!

Thanks for the email Kevin and sorry I blew the lid on that info.

#2345 6 years ago

Jon pretty much nailed it for you guys. We're extremely close to having what we would call the "release candidate" of the machine, then we're just waiting on art and approvals. This means we will have quite a bit to show in the next month or so, which is likely to coincide closely with the timing of the Texas Pinball Festival, which we are trying very hard to make it to. While I'm on the subject of shows and public appearances, we have a tentative list of upcoming shows we will be going to. Hopefully some of these are close to you guys, as we are trying to make something of a Continental tour with the completed game while poor Sulkie Stevie and his team are left in the mitten state pounding out production games.
Texas Pinball Festival: 3-15-2013
Michigan Pinball Expo: 4-4-2013
Rocky Mountain Expo: 4-26-2013
Allentown Pinfest: 5-3-2013
Northwest Pinball Expo: 6-6-2013
Pacific Pinball Expo: 2013
Chicago Flip-Out: 10-16-2013
Southern Pinball Festival: 2013

I'm actually very impressed with what has been accomplished from some kids in the basement thus far. The fact that the code is in the 90% phase is a testament to the hard work these guys have poured into this game. I would think building a pinball machine the code and rules would be the most time consuming difficult part.

I can't wait to play this bad boy. Can I pay you in beer Kevin

#2348 6 years ago

Heheh it's alright. It seems like everyone is understanding that any ballpark we throw out isn't set in stone, so I feel pretty comfortable thinking out loud in our little corner of the forums here. As I said a second ago, we are very close to our release candidate, which, to a programmer or engineer, means damn near done. Now we just have to wait for the business end to catch up, along with legal stuffs in the interim. Art finished, art approvals, toys finalized, parts lists confirmed, suppliers stocked, the list goes on. The silver lining to all of those clouds is that we've had tons of time to balance test and bug test the crap out of this game in our controlled environment. Also it has given us some breathing time to work on our own games a little bit and even got a couple more games here in the shop which has helped ease my stress a bit (I hadn't shopped a game in almost 2 years!), so that's been nice and my personal games are playing a lot better now

I can only imagine the pressure it is building a pin and trying to measure up against great pins of the past. As I tell my friends that are doing something important......"Doooon't f#*k up!"

I know it's not halftime of the championship coach speak but it's all I got lol

#2368 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can you at least verify that it will not be Alien.....

That was verified a while ago.

1 week later
#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Nope, aint gonna happen. Got an email from Kevin today saying they won't be there. Oh, I have so much I would love to write in this thread, I'm not really drinking the Skit-B koolaide anymore. I still feel Predator will be great but Skit-B REALLY needs to get there shit together as a company.

Care to enlighten us? Ive actually found them to be very forthcoming with info and gives info to us straight. Pretty refreshing if you ask me.

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Hey nava. Ok...let's be cool here. I am cool here with you. However, if...if...I backread and copy paste from Dec/2012...trust me friend. I have backread already and took a 1 month break from pinside already because of it...if I copy/paste from back then, Marc is going to come out looking like a real hero here. I don't care about me...Marc will shine though. This thread cannot digest and discuss anything remotely non-mainstream "Fan-Boy" related. It is sad and I can back up what I am saying here...sadly
Peace man...were ok

It would seem you're missing the whole point that navajas was trying to convey. Marc came in here and made a pointless statement about Skit-B needing to get their shit together. Why would anyone make a post like that without explaining? He wanted the reaction that would get people fired up, that's why. I'm by no means a fanboy either but that doesn't mean I can't support what Skit-B is doing. I've gave some grading that wasn't 10's across the board and no one seemed to have a problem with it. With all that being said I don't care what message board you frequent, the majority of them will burn you at the stake if you come into a thread and type out a half rumor without an explanation then hightale it out of here and watch the fireworks go off. That post was nothing more than trolling plain and simple.

Now as for your problem in December it has nothing to do with this current situation and when you were having problems I actually agreed with your posts. I also agree there are a select few that have a mob mentality and are just looking to flame anyone that has a differing opinion. I don't agree with that at all.

So ill leave it at this.... Marc if you know something that we don't know post it and maybe it will get fixed. If you don't want to post it then your original fire starting post should have never happened and you should have just emailed Skit-B directly.

#2570 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I got an email asking for a deposit. That's been a few months back.

Well a deposit yes, payments no. They ran it by everyone to do a one time deposit of $250. I could see how some would not want to do that. For me the minimal risk is worth the reward. If you're regretting backing out you could get on the waiting list if someone drops out.

#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

So here is a Hypothetical situation ...If one of the remaining 29 has slot #25 (i.e. 25th game to be built), will a wait list person jump the line and be able to get slot #25?Or will everyone currently in line move up and the remaining 29 slots move to the back of the production line?Marcus

"If you're not first your last"

#2641 6 years ago

Awesome Blondetall. Make it happen Skit-B.

Fra...gilll..eee

1 week later
#2802 6 years ago

Cheers Skit-B team.

3522_original_1304835379476.jpg

#2843 6 years ago

Such a tease... you're worse than my first girlfriend lol.

#2852 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think he is extremely safe being No. 9 on the waiting list. Big difference in asking for $250 as a refundable deposit and $4,250 when the game is ready. People may simply not be able to come up with the case; I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.
That said, I'm sure glad I got in on this early so I don't have to sweat it out, cause this game is going to be epic! No. 37!!!

I believe they are shooting for $4750 so it is laid out as $250 initial deposit then $2250 when they start building and another $2250 when it's shipped. Whatever the shipping cost is looking at around 5k total if you have it shipped.

#2854 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Im within driving distance!!

Lucky dog

#2912 6 years ago

Skinned body could look cool not sure yet. I wonder if there will be some king of trees for them?

#3125 6 years ago

I agree the shoulder is off. I think I'm not that big of a fan of the data east look myself but ill reserve my thoughts on it till I can see the complete game. It does look very much like special forces and I don't think that's a good thing. Hopefully the final product will look quite a bit different than special forces

#3128 6 years ago

I'm actually quite shocked that an unmasked version of Predator isn't somewhere on the playfield. Considering the game is Predator you'd think he'd be on there more than once. Don't get me wrong the profile of him is very cool but I would think a drawing of him with the helmet off and doing the battle cry would make it somewhere.

#3223 6 years ago

I think in that mock up the art is way too low.

#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, gotcha. I hope someone records it and puts it on youtube for those of us who can't be there.

+1 Someone break out the video camera

#3342 6 years ago

Starting production in a couple months. Man I need to get my money in order. Oh and btw that skull and spine look amazing. The toys are just phenomenal. The code is looking amazing. Darken the art to the tone of the game and toys like others have said and it will be amazing. I agree with others, go more the realistic approach like James other art and this will be a game changer. Awesome work Skit-B I'm still in on it.

#3549 6 years ago

We don't rule anything out, but I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to certain things.
Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.
Mini-playfield: Ted's a little off on this one, as I actually really love mini-playfields, if done right. Battlefield on Shadow and Powerfield on Twilight Zone come to mind, and I guess WhiteWater, if the upper right counts as a mini-playfield. Again, it's the fluff that I don't like. In the little time I've spent with Wizard of Oz, I'm really liking the layout and the direction of the game, but the more I look at it from a design standpoint, I have to wonder if it was worth it to add two mini-playfields with one shot apiece. The spinning house is a crazy-cool effect, though, for sure.
Multiple Flippers: Again, it has to do with how useful the added flipper(s) is (are). If there's an added flipper somewhere, I believe it should either have one very specific use (No Fear jump ramp) or many uses; something like three shots would seem good to me. It's that middle ground that gets iffy, to me. Again, citing Shadow as an example, the upper flipper on that can go through The Shadow loop, go into the Khan hole, or you can shoot for the battlefield, which is admittedly kind of sloppy but it's there. That's three shots, making it a viable flipper addition. Using Guns n Roses as an example, the upper flipper only exists to make that inner loop and a side-shot into the Axl scoop, which is nasty-difficult to pull off on purpose, especially to loop into the scoop for the Axl combo, which I may have done on purpose maybe 5 times in my whole life. Now, GnR is in my top 3 games of all time, but one has to wonder about that design choice to add that much hardware to a pin to add a shot-and-a-half to an already full pin package.
Dammit, I'm rambling again. Oh well...

Snoochie boochies!

That's what we need a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back pin. Was gonna say Clerks, clerks 2 or MallRats but those titles wouldn't make as good pins I don't think.

#3552 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, having to hit a ramp shot 37 times (in a row) could get tedious.

Would the ramp have a figure of his girlfriends mouth so you have to shoot it up there 37 times? ("in a row")

#3554 6 years ago

One time it'll shoot back at you

Touche' my friend

#3614 6 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth. Metallica has countless fans, but Megadeth fans know what's up. Spinal Tap is pretty awesome too, but they're so weird and funny that I think it would end up playing out like a backstage pass to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or something

This makes me respect you guys even more if thats possible. Megadeth pin would be awesome.

#3652 6 years ago

Oh, how I wish there was a market for Orgazmo. Probably in my top 5 favorites of all time. I could come up with so many ideas for an Orgazmo table that I just can't share here because to even call them by name would get the mods on me pretty hard for language

If you guys were to make Orgazmo im in. "And MEEEE! Choda Boy!"

1 week later
#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not care about my game # for the second pin. However, what I do care about is getting first right of refusal on the second pin for production slot.
In other words... if I like the next title and want to purchase, I would like to be offered my produciton slot prior to non-predator owners being able to jump in ahead of me.
I have been in for the ride for Predator and would like a similar slot for the next (assuming the next will also be in a limited enough number that slots will sell out).

I feel the same way +1

#3837 6 years ago

I'd choose option level 4 if I had the full $4500 right now unless that means we can make payments to the $4500 till its paid off before my machine goes into production? It sounds like deposits instead of payments though

#3846 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Those same numbers are engraved on this strange hatch in my back yard... I've never been able to get it open.

But what happens if you don't press the button once inside?

#3858 6 years ago

I fail to see how this is a payment plan? Seems like more of a deposit plan. How does this take the stress off coming up with the money? I could see if I had to send $500 a month till production as that makes sense, but putting down more of a deposit doesn't help me. If they allow me to pick which option I wanna go with and make the payment deadline of when it has to be paid off before my production date that would make more sense for me personally.

Example

I choose option 4 and send in $500 payments till $4500 is paid and it has to be paid before the production of my machine. If it's not paid in full by the start of my machines production I get moved down to option 3 as long as I have made at least $2250 in payment. Or option 2 if I've only sent less than $2250.

As it stands sending in one lump sum right now does nothing to help me coming up with the money. Am I the only one that feels this way?

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I'm ready to pay for my machine but can't get any response from SkitB. Not sure what's up.

Did you get a deposit email?

#3912 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, way back in February and I made my deposit but haven't heard anything back since.

Check your spam folder to make sure an email wasn't sent in there. Also are you absolutely sure you've got a spot? If so I can forward you a link

Send an email to kevin@skitbpinball.com and let him know you haven't received any emails after your initial deposit

#3916 6 years ago

Thank you for the clarification in the last email you sent. Sent off my first payment and will hopefully have it fully paid off before production of my machine. It's crunch time, I'm feeling really good about this game. I can't wait to see what game two is, I'd like to put in my vote to be able to lock into being able to buy game 2. I'm not sure how you feel about it but I look at it like everyone that has a spot for Predator has put faith in you guys and your business and to me that deserves some kind of customer appreciation, that's just my view and if I'm in the minority and you ultimately decide against it I'm fine with that. Cheers to Skit-B and I hope your business is very successful for years to come.

1 week later
#3990 6 years ago

Here's a question I'm not sure if it's been asked or not. Is the game gonna come stock with protectors on the kickouts or possible problem areas such as ramps and drops?

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Good question I don't remember hearing anything about this type of stuff. I'm not sure why they don't go the route of putting a metal protector in the area the ball kicks onto the ramp like in the picture below. I know they say their ramps are pretty solid but it is concerning seeing an area where the ball drops on a plastic ramp with no protection.

Absolutely, plastic ramps are still prone to breakage. They definitely need something in that skull upkick. Was also thinking in the entrances of the ramps and the jungle kickouts. Not sure exactly where the ball drops out of the ramps but if it drops close to the edge of a switch slot it could use protection there.

#4036 6 years ago

I agree with some others. The ramps need trimmed down with that thick edge and cleared. They look very boxy with not much style. If that is still for sure prototype ramps then disregard. The art between the cab and playfield do not go together at all, the blue tones on the cab are not seen in the playfield and the greens of the playfield are not on the cab. I hope this is changed in some way. Also the Arnold problem is still there and hopefully it's gonna be fixed. It looks like he's paralyzed on the right side of his body so he decided to still stay fit so he just started pumping iron with his one good arm. And I have to agree about the jelly skull, looks goofy. It looks like a skull that would be drawn on family guy. This is one instance where I think going back to straight red like it originally was would look better than this or just make it more realistic looking blood.

I'm sure it will start to look a lot better once playfield plastics are added and toys and other finishing touches.

#4039 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thanks, that's cool! IMO, this game is begging for wireform...

I agree, I'd pay extra for them or pay to mod them after the fact

#4083 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just spent a few hours with Kevin and Aaron. Everyone is going to be thrilled with UV artwork. I promised not to repeat too much. Game is pulling together nicely.
All the plastics are going to be stacked jungle theme. Even some for covering parts of the ramps but not enough to hid and shots or flipper lanes. Jungle plastics covering the claw on the ramp so when you go to lock a ball the jungle comes out and eats it.
Another co feature being woked on is they are trying to put a back panel on the back of the playfield. It's going o have info on it to keep tack of progress info like hunts and which characters collected.
It's all I can remember for now. Time to dive home. Kevin and Aaron I was great hanging out and talking with you guys again.

That sounds sweet thanks for the info

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Still on the fence *for me* I am not in love with the PF artwork.

I'm kinda in the same boat here and the only thing I can attribute it to is the clash of the cabinet with the playfield It really looks out of place.

I think a lot of the problem is we are looking at a prototype machine and it looks rough around the edges and dated. I'm banking that when the actual machine is released and you have a shiny clearcoated playfield, plastics and hardware it will change my mind. This is assuming they address a lot of the concerns we have. This is just my opinion of course.

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Personally, I'm not worried, and I can't even articulate why as I've never seen or played the game, nor met the Skit-B guys, but I'm just "following my gut". These guys just seem like two genuine dudes that, in Bryan Kelly's words, "just won't fuck it up". They care too much!

Absolutely, these guys read all the posts also and they haven't let me down thus far on concerns I've had.

#4097 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

How does it *play*, fellas? Call me crazy, but I care far more about gameplay then how it looks...
How did it feel? Were the shots satisfying? Did the ramps feel good? Was it fun?

I'd like to know as well. I know we won't know how the ramps feel until the finalized versions are added. The final ones are supposed to be rounded in the curves instead of the bent angles that are currently on it.

#4164 6 years ago

Well to be fair a lot of people didn't like the red skull and then Kevin or someone posted the yellowed skull with more realistic blood and most loved it. Then the next time we see the artwork it was changed to the white strawberry jelly skull. So now everyone that was happy with the second skull it was a bit shocking to see a different skull than the one that was supposedly fixed.

I also agree that shoulder absolutely needs fixed and it seems like the questions about it are going unanswered. I'm also really still on the fence about the clashing cab/back glass art vs the playfield art and I absolutely disagree about 90s art not matching between playfield and cabinet.

I guess I'll see what happens after production and if I don't like it ill just back out.

#4167 6 years ago

I have to be honest here... After seeing a lot of the stuff, pictures and what not posted, I'm not really excited for the game now. I hope I'm proven wrong and maybe it's because we see every little change good or bad or maybe I'm just worried about 5 grand going out the window... I'm not sure what it is but right now the thrill is gone.

I know the Skit-B team is working their ass off to deliver and I apologize if this post sounds negative its just how I'm feeling about it lately.

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You could likely drop your spot now and get your deposit back without issue if you decide to bail. I was under the impression there is still a long waiting list so somebody else would probably very excited to get on board.

I know I can drop my spot but there is now way I'm gonna drop my spot till I see the final product. Those were just concerns I have and not meant as I'm giving up. Some might be able to keep their excitement level high but that's apparently not me.

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I have to be honest here.... I'm trying not to read your posts in this thread because you have me questioning whether I like what I've seen now. I think at this point its probably best to just sit back and wait and see what the game ends up, because not much is likely to change this late in the game. You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions of course, but damn, you've brought my excitement for the game down a notch or two the last couple days.
I really, really need to see some recent video to talk me back off the ledge!!! UGH.

The last couple days, I just posted that. I'm sorry if I'm killing it for you, not my intention. I'll just sit back with a wait and see approach.

Oh and I'm nowhere near a ledge and if you are that's just crazy talk lol

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just gimme some of this....

That is a cool pic.

#4246 6 years ago

Ok my excitement is coming back, we need some video and some more progress pics and some more reveals

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When the final playfield art comes in, we'll get an update...

So what you're saying is wish in one hand and you know in the other and see which one fills up faster?

#4251 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Er, not sure what the hell that means...but the new playfield should be in soon.

Exactly lol

#4310 6 years ago

Yes! The shoulder looks great. Thanks for fixing it. I have the same concerns as others. Arnolds chest is smooth it doesn't look like a roided out guy who just did about 80 sets of lifts concentrating on his chest. And the infamous skull. I wasn't in love with the first skull but it was most connected to the movie because the skull was completely drenched in blood. The second skull was ok looking but not linked to the movie and the third and forth skull I don't like at all but it's not a deal breaker for me. Predator is not my vision its Skit-Bs and at the end of the day its what they want to release so who am I to try and have things changed? Anyway good luck with the end product I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

#4324 6 years ago

Those having trouble telling the difference here's the pic

IMG_20130514_124358.jpg

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I feel like it's a cartoonized version of this flexing gif

This is a good gif to show the chest problems with the drawing

#4369 6 years ago

I like the art. A lot don't. I see the things people talk about, skull in particular, lack of gritty feel etc. Yes, it could've been darker but it is what you see.But the constant downtalk? Well maybe I should compare. Let's look at the other Arnold pins.LAH - Ok let's see. Data East hand drawn. Lot like TFTC. Decent Arnold drawing. Other characters not so detailed. Cartoony explosions. Giant movie ticket. Lots of filler.T3 - All of it filler and insterts. Other characters tiny. Cute little T1-7. Big photocopy of Arnold's mug right over a big T3. Cool title on the pf by the way.T-2 - Ok little more popular. Cool T-101 in robot form. What else....oh..two robots who look like they're banging and the rest is just filler and inserts.Maybe these pins are a little less popular. Plus I'd like to compare to some newer pins. I'll look at some of the better ones from recent times.Avengers - Newest Stern Pin completely out. All the characters "Comin Atcha!" Sweet jumpkick by black widow as well. Rest is just filler from what I can tell. Not popular enough? How about the two big money makers?Tron - Ok now. Two cool looking bikes at the bottom. (Not even sarcastic) But then, just 4 photocopied pictures of the main characters surrounded by inserts...some dude holding a disc. I see a spaceship too. And a lot of blue. Sam Flynn, main character, appears to be missing.ACDC Pro - Big Angus mug. Hand drawn. Not bad. Other characters photocopied? What? Then an AMAZING amounts of filler and inserts.OrLOTR- Very popular. A very familiar picture of all the characters. Photocopied. And I guess scenery and a map in the background..and a lot of inserts.I do like X-men, though it's nowhere near GREAT.So what's the one thing these all have in common? A lot of inserts and fillers. So I guess all that Skit-B needed was maybe 16 drop targets, all with insert LED so that our eyes would be too distracted to see the other art like the rest of these pins then? It seems like Stern is just pretty good at color schemes, LED placement, blinding lightshows and toys everywhere that make you looke elsewhere.I'm just sayin, compared to most of the newer pins out there, this artwork is at least even if not better. And in the case of Tron and ACDC, it would appear gameplay is what puts up pricing. Not the art.

Not to get into it that much but I'm gonna compare predator to games like Attack from mars and twilight zone because these are the games skit-b wanted to stack up against to begin with. As for me I never want to just settle for "ok" I guess its the perfectionist in me.

#4371 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

AFM is a great example of a game that doesn't look like anything special playfield wise. The art is okay, but nothing extraordinary.
It's the sound, humor, dot matrix effects and rules that really make it fun to me. That and a few satisfying shots.
Part of what makes some of the shots satisfying are the sound effects that accompany them. Hitting the lone shaking martian, destroying the saucer and the light lock shot always feel great. I never tire of seeing the alien's skull get hit with the extra ball.
My point being, it's the entire package that makes a great game. The playfield layout and art are just one part of it and often times, not the most important part.

I agree and disagree with you. AFM didn't have to have a great art package and didn't need to because it's not a licensed title meaning when people saw and played it for the first time they weren't taking from memory what parts of it should look like. As for Predator, everyone knows Predator and Arnold Schwarzenegger so that is why you have people critiquing the artwork so harshly. So does that mean the game will be bad if the art isn't fixed? No. If you're a brand new company it's best try and get every aspect of the game as awesome as possible and I think Skit-B will achieve this and it's because they work very hard and take all of our suggestions serious. JMO

#4374 6 years ago

So now guys on the waiting list are jumping ahead of others as soon as they get a number? What gives Kevin?

#4378 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I am still at the back of the bus as far as when I receive my pin. The production # that was given to me apparently belonged to someone that had dropped out. Didn't mean to start a frenzy

Do you mean the game number or production number. Production number is the build number right? So confusing lol

No frenzy from me, I'm good. I misread I guess you said production number #24/250 and how I read that is your game is gonna be the 24th game built. Your game should be number 24 but it should be the last game made.

#4381 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Correct.....sorry. I should edit that i guess.

No worries, congrats on getting on the preorder list

#4384 6 years ago

I sent a couple more payments. I can't wait for an update.

#4389 6 years ago

Yep, exactly this.I know we say this all the time, but we ARE working on it. We're gearing up for the Northwest show currently, and Aaron is out of town for a few days, so I'm clamoring to get as much done as I can. I'm trying to get a video done before the game ships out for the west coast, but I want to get at least the preliminary UV layer on here first. We've got a lot of test planks hanging out here, but I want it to be shown in the game in this vid.

Great news, I can't wait Kevin. I bet that UV paint when finished is gonna look sick

#4398 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Pretty much. We see what's left of the radiation, which to us looks purple (like a violet laser), and the UV reacts with the rest which we perceive as, well, weird and glowy. Fun with UV? Shoot a violet laser at any glow in the dark toy. You have NOT seen glow until you've seen it hit with a violet laser. Also, check out photos of flowers in UV. Bees can see UV, and of course flowers have evolved to attract primarily bees, not humans. So, you can take a pretty plain ass looking flower to us, but to a bee the god damned thing looks like a bull's eye with a runway leading right to the nectar. Pretty cool.

After this post I realize we have every type of nerd/geek on the web here. You can learn a little about everything here.

#4400 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I keep forgetting to take my son's violet laser into the garden and see if I can direct a few pollinators right into specific flowers like a traffic cop. Considering how painfully bright blue it reflects off true white to human eyes, it must look like the fucking wave motion gun to bees.

Lol, probably so

#4452 6 years ago

Well I think with only seeing half of the artwork a lot of our minds will change about it once we see the black light artwork and the plastics art to tie it all together. As for the amount of shots it is a bit concerning but most of the time it's not the amount of shots it's the quality and satisfaction of the shots which is where I believe it will get knocked out of the park. As we all know software is a huge proponent of what makes a game just ok or great and I believe this is where Predator will shine. If the game has only 8 shots but they feel so damn good to hit and the software immerses you into the gameplay then it's not gonna matter about some of the shortcomings. JMO

#4454 6 years ago

There is gonna be a surprise, I'm sure....

Tell us what you know!

dw-interrogations-15.jpg

#4494 6 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

My email from skit b when they were asking for the deposit money, in response to my question about this, stated that they were using the Vishay models, so unless something has changed since then, I think that's what they are using. Unfortunately, to my eyes, this LED DMD is no better than the modern Stern LE LED DMD's when it comes to grid lines.
Follow-up question. Would we even be able to stick a standard DMD in there, or is the power not available? Would colorDMD be an option as well? If so, it would be great to gt this as an option from he beginning.

ColorDMD will probably work for whatever color you want but don't expect to ever have full color on Predator.

#4506 6 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Yeah, I don't expect them to go full color on it, but I also don't think it's a guarantee that colorDMD will work. For example, I have a DESW, and I don't believe a ColorDMD would fit in that speaker panel as designed, but I could be wrong. If it could work, I would much prefer the option of them installing it for me during assembly for a $1-200 up-charge, rather than having to spend $400 on an aftermarket thing and trying to recoup my costs by selling my regular LED DMD. I know that is asking a lot, and I don't expect it to happen, but I am also not happy about claims being made to me about the DMD that at the present time they don't look like they can deliver on. I view a DMD having visible gridlines to be a far inferior product to a traditional DMD, even with the improved brightness/colors, etc.I of course allow for the fact that I could be wrong, and am misinterpreting something. I would just like some clarification on it.

I understand. Maybe Kevin will chime in and let us know

#4509 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I guess nobody cared about the point i brought up so um....yeah have fun with that.

Yeah I care, not sure what can be done about the way the dmd looks? I haven't seen the current dmd in video or live to have an opinion. Kevin another question are you planning on cleaning up the dmd movie clips or is that the final product? Seems some say it doesn't look very good at all and I guess you can barely make out what is showing on the dmd. Anyway let us know thanks.

#4518 6 years ago

Bump in hopes of an update.

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm a little disappointed this thread hasn't hit 5000 posts yet.
Kim

If we can get an update it will get there

#4593 6 years ago

So there is only one claw and it doesn't do anything but sit above a diverter? Sounds kinda lame, I was under the impression the claw(s) would grab the ball. As for the one swinging body, I think there needs to be two but probably won't happen. I hope all this isn't true, it seems a bit disappointing. With only a few shots the toys needed to knock it out of the park (let's hope it does). Not to sound pro stern because I'm not but Metallica pro costs less and would seem to be the better deal right now since it has a good amount of shots, interactive toys, the return of metal ramps, great artwork and Lyman doing code. Only reason I'm hesitant on it is Metallica is the theme. I'm really hoping the Skit-B crew has some tricks up their sleeves and lays all the speculation to rest.

#4621 6 years ago

We need some video. I'm not seeing any of the toys attached. My guess is its not much different than it was the last show

#4630 6 years ago

Thanks for the videos fattrain and thanks for the spoiler heads up on the wizard mode. I won't be watching that one since I need something to play for when I get it.

#4651 6 years ago

Thanks for the video, I can't wait to see the fully assembled game

#4654 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Just finished watching the SkitB talk, they saved the very best for last. The fact that we can modify the game code completely to our own liking is awesome. That sounds very cool.

Yeah this game will become a modders paradise. Even adding your own sounds and what not. We could get an Arnold impersonator to say some pinball phrases and add it to the game.

#4664 6 years ago

Bring it on, I'm ready for a pinball machine with a new interface and achievements. This game is gonna kick ass. I can't wait to see the black light stuff and fully populated playfield. That video interview got me pumped back up for this project. I bet the sound is gonna be fantastic. Good job crew

#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Yup.
As soon as the final 100% machine is shown I will be starting to put my money down. Not that I don't have faith or anything like that.... more of a principal thing.
Cant wait!

I put a 3rd of the price down but that is all I'm putting down till I see more, the negative feedback lately has me a little apprehensive but I'm still pretty much confident that the game will be amazing. I understand that the prototype game was just to give people an idea of what the game is like. I wish they'd get an update out there so we could see the black light stuff since that was supposed to be shown in a video quite a while ago. I'm still fairly patient though

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, negativity breeds more negativity. Keep in mind though you are on a message board which generally are breeding ground for negativity. Whenever you a totally open process, like has been the case with Predator, you get a lot of people who lose interest and what not during the process . . . this is why Stern does there short little pre release videos that are like two minutes and that is all you get from them.
Predator has been an open book from start to finish; so you get positive reviews and negativity. Don't read too much into either. There is plenty of data now available for everyone to make their own call. I personally feel this is the safest $4,500 I could spend on a pin.

Great post and I agree with you. Its hard for someone like me to have to live vicariously through others to see how good this pin is since I cant be at these shows in person. I try and take every comment and form an opinion but it seems since the last show predator was at, the negativity is on the rise. Ive never attended a pinball show or played a prototype pin so the apprehension is formed from the few that get to attend and return to pinside with their reviews. So its a balancing act, on one hand we've got the skit-b boys who are selling a product and also the always positive crowd and on the other hand we have the constant nay sayers and negative nit wits and a few of the fans that have an opposing view but can still see the forest for the trees. So it has me wondering who is correct at this time.

Im still on board but 5k is still quite a bit of money that I dont part with easily and I just want a kick ass pinball machine. I dont care how much the resale value will be or where it ends up on the top 100, it just needs to be a blast to play and have plenty of replay value(my biggest worry). This game could be very fun but you end up playing it a couple weeks and lose interest. So with the limited amount of shots it has me concerned. 6 shots is very limited and im having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I guess at this point all we can do is wait and see what's in store.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All very well said.
If anything, you have probably realized by now that I don't give 2 squats about resale value (and frankly am disgusted with those that are more concerned with it than the value of their own word) and I think this is going to be a killer pin with tons of replay value, challenge, and excitement. That should count for something...
I am excited but still critical of this pin in a healthy way. I believe, but I will not be handing out more of my hard earned $$$ till I see the final product and am sure reality meets my logical expectations.

Absolutely. Ive already put up more cash then I should have. Im holding off on any more payments till I see the final product. I have confidence in the skit-b team and would have bailed if I didnt. I have a pretty good feeling its all gonna come together for a kickass machine. Bring on the updates

1 week later
#4770 6 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I am sure I will get thumbs down for breaking the trend, but I made full payment a month ago. I respect these guys, like what they are doing, and figured that they could use some early cash to help get things right before production starts.
Been there, done that, and know what it is like at crunch time before product goes gold.

I doubt you get any thumbs down for paying off your pin. I would have but I need to see a more finished product before I commit to the machine also if I back out down the line I'll save a bit in paypal fees. It's guys like you that will help the guys finish the machine, cheers.

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I never got the email from the crew about the payment schedule (although I did see the info on the updates thread).
Hey guys do you want any of my money yet???
#212 We need the best. That's why you're here.

It's not a schedule, it's a link connected to paypal to send payments when you want from $250, $1000, $2250 and $4500. Four levels you can send whichever one you want as many times until it's paid off.

#4784 6 years ago

They're skipping town! Quick, grab your torches and pitchforks!

j/k

I look foward to seeing the changes oh and my game

1 week later
#4834 6 years ago

Yeah I couldn't even get a flutter for that lol

#4848 6 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

LOL ok how about these pics. That's just 1 of the 25 parts that make up your spines for the game. All 250 spines are casted deflashed and getting final prep done to them. So that's 25x250=6250 parts That's gotta get the heart racing.
It's about given me a heart attack in making them all

That's a lot of parts and a lot of work for sure, now you might wanna get back to work and make a bunch extra cause I'm sure people are gonna want to buy extras lol

Very nice work though, they look great.

#4859 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just heard Kevin say, "Fill the car with gas and point it toward Mexico!"

I wonder how many people that don't frequent pinside are thinking this lol?

#4870 6 years ago

I think people are starting to get nervous with the Predator site being down and no answers or posts being made from Skit-B.

#4874 6 years ago

Im not worried at all if I was I wouldnt have paid almost half. Im sure there are folks who may be nervous about it since some have paid in full and some have made more than the initial $250 deposit. Im also in no hurry so if I dont get it till christmas or later I wont be disappointed. Ive got enough pins and projects to keep me busy. The lack of posts and email responses is what im basically referring to. I know Kevin sucks with the email side though(no offense Kevin) he should hire someone to handle that side of things. I am a little impatient to see some more of this thing though, mainly the blacklight art and the plastics.Since the toys are mostly stationary im not really excited about them. Im banking on the blacklight art and achievements being the thing that makes this a unique pin, and hoping the light show turns out amazing.

#4889 6 years ago

I think Skit-B went the smart route using the p-roc system and having the code damn near finished early on. JJP created his own operating system which we now know became a huge undertaking by their crew and is a very big part of the delays.

#4893 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Does the P-roc system need to be loaded on to custom Skit-B boards? The last time I saw Predator, it was running from a PC underneath it. That is not the way it will ship, correct?

No it won't ship that way. I don't think skit b has added any of their own custom boards. My understanding is since its run off the p-roc system it is completely customizable as long as you have an understanding of how the system works. Now I wouldnt mess with it but you could if you wanted to. It was being run outside the game on a pc that way Skit-b could mess with and tweak settings on the fly, I believe.

The game is gonna be a commercial game that could be put on location so there's no way they would have the operating system on the outside of it.

#4903 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I might not even be into collecting pinballs anymore at that point lol....that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Predator.

The hell you say, pinball is a way of life, may the pinball gods smite you down with quick drains and no extra balls.

On a side note it is difficult to wait for this pin. I still think Skit-B can do it and release the game by the first of the year. Once a single game is finished 100% then it should be a lot smoother sailing. Since they are only making 250 and they have people doing different parts of the build it should move along at a good rate.

#4989 6 years ago

And in other news....

This is so wrong

#5037 6 years ago

It's official, this thread jumped the shark again

#5107 6 years ago

Sure. Might help to keep the thread a little more on track Currently, there are I think 7 easter eggs in the game. There are a few you can trigger with the login system by entering certain initials, a few in-game that you can get by hitting a button combination during specific callouts, a few that can be accessed by meeting some criteria during gameplay,and one or two from button sequences anytime (flipper codes). I think the most infamous we are somewhat familiar with is the "big p***y" comment, that only happens if you drain within two seconds of hitting the center targets. This is somewhat compounded by the fact that there is a secondary easter egg built into that one after the fact

Nice Kevin. I love some easter eggs