Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2085 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Can I suggest a cool little keyfob with a hint at game #2 in the Predator goodie bag?

They should have each keyfob say "Drink Your Ovaltine" just to mess with everybody.

2 weeks later
#2242 6 years ago

The only way to get to pony multiball is collect a staff of herding.

2 months later
#3339 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Does everyone who thinks it looks "cartoony" think the same of the Predator or is he OK?

The Predator holding the skull is great. I was glad to hear the skull is going back to white with blood on it and the blue is being removed.

Just to add a small suggestion, I think it would cool to sneak some Predator blood onto the playfield if possible, similar to the green paint on TFTC that glows.

#3485 6 years ago

That's right. The two stand-ups on Predator are used for lighting locks, so they are super important, but you have to be really ready for some ball-saving if you're going to contest with them. It's a risk vs reward thing. Predator has been designed to reward good shots with controlled returns, but if you're looking for a solid score, you're going to have to battle with those center targets at some point or another

Somewhat related, this is why I said "no toy bashing" either. Pardon my language straight away, but I f*ckin HATE being punished for making a shot in a pinball game.

So I really don't want to open the wound (and my condolences on your BSD loss), but like BSD will there be alternate shots (similar to the big ramp in BSD) which when hit continually allow you to light locks (i.e. big ramp shots = castle lock)?

#3488 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you overlay the new skull on the old red one, its a marked improvement! Well done!
I hope this was the intent for the new artwork ... here is what it could look like.

Oh wow, that skull looks fantastic. I feel like instead of the blue, just have the bottom of the playfield the same shade of green and then just fade the green up going darker green as you go up the playfield and then into the black. I think that would go great with the jungle brush on the rest of the playfield.

#3653 6 years ago

Ok, but there is a little disclaimer here: First, Predator CABS WILL NOT BE BLUE. Secondly, I just stood up and took some pics as it stands in my garage. These photos really don't do the cab justice, but you can get a good idea of the build quality and layout of how everything is put together.

What is the length of the backbox?

#3751 6 years ago

Well I'm definitely going to Pinfest now. Room reserved.

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I would pay you guys in full right now if you could get Arnie's signature though.

No luv for Hawkins.

Pretty sweet resume:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

1 week later
#4081 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

(flame suit on) I'm a Predator deposit down secured spot guy. I love what SkitB is trying to do which is why I'm supporting them. Looking at last pics....my gut is telling me to be careful, having doubts. Hoping someone can shoot a video of recent gameplay from the show.

The UV lighting with special paint illuminate on the playfield is one feature I was really pumped about. But recent pics of playfield - putting doubt in my mind on this feature strength. Just sharing thoughts out loud, talk me off the ledge.

I didn't take any video, but I was able to play a couple of games yesterday. I will say I love the cabinet art, I am not the biggest fan of the playfield art (don't hate it, just the style of art isn't my cup of tea), but the game is extremely fun to play. Hunt mode is extremely unique, multiball modes are very engaging, lots of the shots can be backhanded, a bunch of different modes and the playfield does a great job of directing you where to shoot for each mode. The callouts for each shot/mode are probably the best possible quote you could have taken from the movie.

The only gameplay feature I would personally like to see is provide an additional way to light lock. Right now you have to commit to shooting the two center targets, but you can't hit other shots to light lock (multiple ramp shots, combo of certain shots, etc). Maybe an option in the menu to turn this on if the guys don't want this to be a default feature? I think this would add a nice layer of strategy so you could avoid those center targets that make you more susceptible to drains.

I think some special paint similar to the paint used in TFTC would be cool on either the playfield or the ramps to represent Predator blood. However, if this was too costly to do, maybe an after market mod would be easy to do in the form of a decal similar to Hooked's AC/DC ramp decals that go on the bottom of the ramp entrances (maybe have more brush with the Predator blood on the leaves).

#4115 6 years ago

I would like to see the blue gone all together. The translite and cabinet art is mostly black, so I think keeping with the dark theme, maybe start green at the bottom of the playfield and slowly fade to a dark green until you eventually reach the black at the top of the playfield. But I agree if the blue is there darken/mute it up a bit to coincide with the dark theme of translite and cabinet art.

Just my opinion and give the guys something to think about. Love what I saw and played last weekend!

#4116 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The toll of rushing to get this latest playfield into the game and making the long drive from northern Michigan was all over their faces on Friday morning, so a huge applause and thanks for making the effort guys!

Agreed, I was so psyched when I saw the playfield in the game! Great job!

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok Kevin, how about the triangular targeting laser? Maybe you can atleast throw it on the DMD...in the hunt mode maybe?

If they don't, I will.

http://www.sears.com/fieldsport-tactical-laser-tri-beam-red-laser-predator/p-SPM464781614P

5 months later
#5784 6 years ago

Well said blondetall. Having played the game I would never consider dropping my spot. Great layout and great rules.

#5879 6 years ago

Just ordered my helicopter toy

amazon.com link »

1 week later
#6095 6 years ago

A lot of people like the clearer inserts, but I have to admit that I on somewhat on-the-fence about them. Let's put it to an informal vote! Also, no color-changing LEDs on this game. Am I seriously the only person who gets confused as hell by color-changing LEDs and what they mean for the game in play?

I have to say I like the clearer/neutral inserts from a personal configuration stand point. This allows me to put in whatever color LED I want.

#6098 6 years ago

Also, no color-changing LEDs on this game. Am I seriously the only person who gets confused as hell by color-changing LEDs and what they mean for the game in play?

I think they have their place, but not on an insert that indicates a shot you need to take. For example, I just picked up a ToM and the M-A-G-I-C letters on the playfield had them already installed. They don't indicate a particular shot so it adds a nice effect.

#6143 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Really almost every game has a mix of both. There's always some clear or white inserts where you can customize easily, but they shouldn't all be that way or the playfield looks kind of bland. There should at least be some red ones.

Good idea on the red. I was thinking how the prototype looked with green, yellow and red. It looked like stop lights in the playfield. I think some reds would look pretty sweet.

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually what would be awesome IMHO is if the inserts in the forearm computer were inverted, so print dark on them to match the art around, with the text part left clear to light up. That's what the movie's computer looked like, dark squares with red alien writing lit up on them.

Second that. Awesome idea!

2 months later
#6709 5 years ago

Heh, afraid not. We'll make the announcement sooner or later

Have you started work on the next title yet? Layout? Preliminary coding? Was kinda curious how much downtime you guys will have after Predator is done and out the door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 32.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsalce.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside