View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johngravenews.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#770 11 years ago

Can't see too many bailing at 5%. I suspect that it might actually work the other way as more people will want to join the waiting list now that something a bit more tangible is happening.

Just send the email out and you'll have $62500 to start production with

2 weeks later
#1179 11 years ago

Hi Kevin,

Thinking ahead a bit (or maybe a lot). When you go into production are you planning to manufacture and sell additional plastic sets which we could buy at the same time? Inevitably, sooner or later something is going to break and I'd really like to have a back up set rather than trying to source something in 5 years time.

Cheers

John #21

1 week later
#1402 11 years ago

Don't really understand why anyone would bail just yet. $250 isn't a huge chunk of cash (a couple of nights out), especially if you can still sell your place to someone else.

I can understand there are risks but personally I'd rather take a chance that the machine will be all that I'm hoping for rather than than backing out and potentially regretting it later.

Would I like more info? Hell yes - can't wait to see the full playfield. But Kevin and the guys have taken so much time to answer questions so far that I've bought into them as much as the machine.

Anyway, it's obviously a personal decision for people to make so I'm going to shut up now.....

2 weeks later
#1652 11 years ago

Cheers for the info. Looking forward to seeing the artwork etc when it's ready

4 weeks later
#2172 11 years ago

Great update again. Love being kept in the loop as to all the tweaks and changes. Makes the waiting for completion a lot less stressful. I'd far rather know what's going on that the job to be rushed.

Bit of an aside but my son was in hysterics when your shirt turned up. Appears that the font you used on the front makes the K in Skit-B look like a h to those not in the know. Wrote it off as a 9 Yr old's interpretation until my wife pointed out the same thing 5 mins later - grrr......

2 months later
#2756 11 years ago

And that's why so many of us are still reading this thread

Thanks for all the updates

Looking forward to next month

1 week later
#2941 11 years ago

"It looks tits" Is that a strange American expression? I'm hoping it means good rather than crap!

Looking forward to the photos of the playfield

#2956 11 years ago

Can't blame us for being distracted by tits....

Anyway "spotted dick" is mild.. try Googling "brains faggots". I kid you not...... kind of think a rebranding might help export sales a bit.

Anyway, now we've established it means good bring on the pics....

1 month later
#4449 10 years ago

Not sure why people are getting stressed about this. There is bound to be some drop out as things get closer to completion (and more people trying to get onboard as more details get out).

Playfield artwork is always going to be a really personal thing. I actually prefer photoshop art to a lot of classic 90s games. Take a look at the artwork on say IJ, eyes on the wrong level and a Nazi who looks Chinese. However, other people love it.

With Predator I'd rather SKIT-B go with their vision than try to please everyone. Realistically with only 250 made and just a handful coming to the UK the chance of me playing one would be minimal, so I got on the list.

Worst case scenario, I get to own my first NIB, play the crap out of it and then sell after a year or so it if it doesn't tick my boxes. Best case, get my first NIB, play the crap out of it and keep it for ever. (obviously hoping for the second....)

For me the theme and the call outs made it an easy decision. I don't expect it to do the same things as a machine for twice the money but it's a machine that's clearly being built by people who care and is going to be the only Predator themed machine out there.

Oh, and £3500 ($5000) compared to £7000 ($10,000) for a LE Metallic in the UK is a pretty big difference when I come to justifying it to the other half.

1 month later
#4952 10 years ago

Lots of stress and angst on this thread at the moment and not really sure why. Did anyone really expect the machines to ship by now? This is always going to be a labour of love for the Skit-B guys. I'd far rather it shipped 12 months late and was right rather than have it rushed. We know from the pics from Back Alley that something is still happening so I don't feel the need for loads more info at the moment.
Worst case scenario, I lose $250. I'm sure we've all lost far more buying machines that are described as "fully working" then need loads of small repairs. I can understand people wanting to know the build order but if if budgeting is going to be a problem I'm sure Kevin would always let you slide down the order list if you need longer to get the cash together.

Personally I've got far bigger concerns over the Hobbit. Far more cash down and a company with a pretty patchy record of missing delivery dates and releasing machines that aren't ready. Compared to that waiting for the Predator is a breeze!

2 months later
#5398 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

As a buyer, I am truly amazed at the lack of communication and information. Surprised time was spent on a new site, but not an ounce of time was spent putting up just one page dedicated to the single largest project ever done by Skit B.
This is meant to be constructive, because if anyone drops out of their preorder, it is for this reason only. Buyers need to have some confidence in Skit B I order to send $5k of hard earned money.

Personally I really don't care if SKIT-B fall off the radar for months at a time. At the end of the day they don't have $5k of my money (just $250) and I'd rather that they spend their time designing, tweaking and building machines. We can then make a decision based on a finished product rather than sneaked out bits of info.

Compare this to JJP asking for thousands for a machine that is 18 months away based on a pic of a playfield layout.

Obviously I'd like more info (who wouldn't) but I doubt many people would drop out for this reason at this time

1 month later
#5743 10 years ago

Really like the red trim

Digging the plastics etc.

Not as convinced about the white skull, just seems a bit bland compared to the rest of the artwork.

Gutted that it didn't turn on. Any mention of an expected release date for the guys?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johngravenews.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=johngravenews and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.