Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

robin said:

Also wondering, is there a Skit-B distributor in Europe?

Yes, but I can't think of the guy's name at the moment. I'll add it to the initial post in a bit.

Does this mean us, the european customers (Am I the only french ???) should proceed via this distributor ?

#120 7 years ago

Just donated... and sent email to make sure my #91 is still written in blood on Skit-B list.
Why #91? ...year of my marriage. Something to remember during "Hunt" mode

1 week later
#264 7 years ago

Reaaallllly coooool....
That would help me waiting for my pin... for a while.

1 week later
#550 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

GAME LOOKS (pardon my French!). FU**ING AWESOME! YES!YES!! F*ng A!

I forgive you

#91 - Begles, France

#576 7 years ago

A slightly off-topic question. For those who signed up for Predator - I did -, are you also considering joining (or have you preordered) (an)other project(s) such as WOZ, P3, BHZA, Circe,...?

Me: Predator + Nemo... if I can afford it. Trying to save $ each month... with unexpected expenses showing up to ruin my plans

Which one are you expecting to be at home first ? - I was among the last 1/3 to sign up for Predator, so Nemo might be home first.

Can't wait for a Launch Party. I might organize a small tournament by the way. A neighbour signed up for WOZ, so that would make a fairly decent selection of recent pins.

#602 7 years ago

A full day without a single Predator post? What's going on? Hunting mode?

Just a quick update on Predator + ??? poll (Are you considering joining - or did you join - another pin project besides Predator?). Here is a short summary:
- Predator only : 6
- Predator + Nemo : 2
- Predator + WOZ : 1
- Predator + BHZA : 1 (was 2)
- Predator + P3 : 0
- Predator + Full Throttle (formely Circe) : 0

Not exactly statistically significant yet, with 10 answers only...

#611 7 years ago

Update - Woz taking the lead:

- Predator only : 7
- Predator + WOZ : 5
- Predator + Nemo : 2
- Predator + Full Throttle (formely Circe) : 0

#630 7 years ago

Update:

- Predator only : 11
- Predator + WOZ : 6
- Predator + WOZ + BHZA : 2
- Predator + WOZ + Avengers : 1
- Predator + Nemo : 3
- Predator + Full Throttle (formely Circe) : 1

Interesting mix...not a single P3 lover ? On the other hand, 3 for Nemo is remarkable, given that only 30 will be produced at best.

(BTW: please do not double post to answer this poll - I can't check if answered already. May be I should have created a "true" poll in a separated thread.)

1 week later
#691 7 years ago

No pleaase, no Big Lebowski pin... Would love it so much but won't be able to pay to for it... unless it is scheduled for 2015.

#763 7 years ago

We have a couple of contracts in the works to keep shipping costs as low as possible, and we are certainly willing to help in any way we can, but at the end of the day shipping cost simply has to be up to the buyer. In the US it shouldn't be too bad-

Well, if you know (relatively) inexpensive solution to ship to Europe please tell... By air: 1,000 - 1,200 euros for what I know?

No problem with the 5%!

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Any reason for changing that plan?

I see at least one good reason: the growing waiting list. Know at least someone who woke up too late. He would like to know if he has a chance or not. Asking for a deposit - even modest - will be a go / no go test. Hopefully for the poor souls in Limbo, some people may decide to give up.

#827 7 years ago

No problem with a refundable deposit - what I would not like to see would be people trading their spots for more than this 5%. No black market with Predator please. If one can't / won't continue, the next one in the waiting list should get it.

#851 7 years ago

I've heard this from a few people so far, so I guess we should let it sit for the night and see what happens, I suppose.

No email for me either... but #91 is still there!

#961 7 years ago

Got my email !!

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress"

1 week later
#1117 7 years ago

Production #166 for me... 2/3 of the machines will be produced before mine, so I expect all production issues to be solved by then
More seriously, I am willing to consider grouped shipping to Europe. May drive to get the machine in a port if that can save money. No hurry on my side.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Sweet, finally got both emails.
I'm production #161 for #166. Damn, would have been cool to hit that on the head. I doubt we can swap production queue or I'd hit up my French compatriot jlm!

I'll be happy to swap production #166 for #161... not much change anyway!
(except that if people drop out, I assume our production # will decrease accordingly ? so matching the two might be very difficult...)

#1210 7 years ago

Kevin,

Any information on how to pay the $250 deposit from overseas ? (credit card or paypal ?)

#1283 7 years ago

My favorite ramp is the BBB one with its nice blue lights...

#1368 7 years ago

xplorer:
Love your Mötorhead avatar - would actually love a Pin featuring Lemmy! Nice collection too.

Several Germans signed up for Predator. Did you consider grouped shipping?
BTW, It seems I am the only French so far!

#1407 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

A couple of comments about the above:
1) $250 is not a trivial expense to a guy like me at Christmas time.
2) I did indeed hope to have seen art work / toys / warranty at this point. If it wasn't for the chance to opt out and get my money back when my spot fills, I might have had to drop or ask/beg for an extension.
3) SkitB has been nothing but supportive of, and transparent with, their customers.
4) I have very few doubts that this project will be completed.
5) I have very few doubts that it will take much longer than they are saying.
6) I don't think anyone should be encouraged, cajoled or begged to stick with the game: There are people anxious to get on the list. Let them go, get folks who really want in on board.

Agreed! Well, not seeing the PF artwork is not a real issue for me. Sold a pin to get even... money instantly "reinvested" on $250 deposit, plus another pin (Zac Pinball Champ '82)... with some change left for a bottle of Champaign and foie gras for Xmas...

3 weeks later
#1733 7 years ago

And now here's something we hope you'll really like.

I do!! Can't wait for the final version!

1 week later
#1832 7 years ago

Love it !
Happy new year for the Skit-B team (should be an hectic one !) and to all those interested in the project !

1 week later
#2044 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wanna pick mine up also?

And mine too ?

Arrgh, won't work. it seems I am still all by myself in la douce France?

1 week later
#2187 7 years ago

Dear Skit-B,

Appreciate the video... and the feedback to questions and comments. Much appreciated and - to my knowledge - unique among Pinball manufacturers, big or small. I must get this Hoodie too... or at least a T-shirt.

By the way, any update on production schedule ? (especially for the poor souls like me who joined relatively late and are in the last 1/3). Any solution for overseas delivery ? Did a few people on the waiting list joined the adventure due to dropoffs ?

2 weeks later
#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not everything in a house is made for kids.
I'm sure you have Blurays that are "adult" for you and your wife, a gun showcase, some good Russian vodka, a chainsaw...

Well, I guess someone is entitled NOT to have a chainsaw if living in a big city

Then I realized that was the only object in the above list I do have at home... No blurays, but DVD, no Russian Vodka but French cognac/armagnac, no gun but Japanese martial art swords and knives...

1 week later
#2323 7 years ago

Hey frolic you just reached 10000 point with that post... Time to pay us a beer to celebrate

#2341 7 years ago

I am in the last 1/3 of the production (except if many gave up - I doubt it). I would be happy to have the pin for Xmas '13.

I assume there are (generally stupid) EU rules / certification to obtain before allowing export to Europe?

#2347 7 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival: 3-15-2013
Michigan Pinball Expo: 4-4-2013
Rocky Mountain Expo: 4-26-2013
Allentown Pinfest: 5-3-2013
Northwest Pinball Expo: 6-6-2013
Pacific Pinball Expo: 2013
Chicago Flip-Out: 10-16-2013
Southern Pinball Festival: 2013

Desperately checking my professional agenda to find an excuse to visit the right US state at the right time... Not so easy...

#2420 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree please don't go all JJP on us and announce/start thinking about pin #2 before delivering on #1.

Agreed

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Bummed it won't be TBL but glad you did not rule it out in the future. So your telling me there's a chance.....

Rather happy it's not #2... I truly love TBL but do not know yet how I could afford a second NIB so soon. Except if #2 is released in 2017...

1 week later
#2476 6 years ago

Nothing special to say... but I had to write my 10,000+ karma post on this thread!

Patiently waiting for the next update!

#2506 6 years ago

There is a waiting list.
Send an email to Kevin Kulek <kevin@skitbpinball.com>

...and pray the pinball gods.

2 weeks later
#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I Was contacted by Kevin today for a chance to get in I've been on the overflow waiting list for while, if you pay the $250.00 does that mean your guaranteed a machine?

Yes. Welcome aboard !

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Got my info today; machine #229, build#241. Looking forward to this machine. Happy to be a part of it now.

Congrats, and welcome aboard...if you have build #241 there must be 9 other lucky people joining the club as well.

Hope the attrition rate is not too high. I am (was ?) in the last 1/3 for production number and given my financial situation, being last did not worry me, to the contrary...

1 week later
#2773 6 years ago

That's pretty likely, Ted, but our initial numbers blew my mind. I expected to lose a TON of people when the holding deposit was requested, but I can tell you that we lost less than ten percent due to no deposit/no response in the end.

I am not surprised that the attrition rate is low!

Many thanks Kevin for this periodic update. It's good to see that what you answer our questions! Skit-B seems to be the only one doing that. Larger companies should copy this.You managed to build a faithful fanbase...

1 week later
#2988 6 years ago

Help me go to bed with the satisfaction of seeing post #3000 today... it's already close to 11pm local time! So... More cleavage please ?

Alternatively, Predator PF artwork images would do...

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

(Glad to see that oopsallberrys had 30 minutes to kill to look for a picture.) lol

That was worth it...

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

/\/3\/\/b! Look at your URL bar. See page/60 at the top? Change it to page/45.

Clever...

#2999 6 years ago

OK ... time for bed. Sweet Predator/Cleavage dreams expected.
Hope to wake up with 100+ new posts and great news...

#3117 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Please try and keep those dreams separate. My best friend's dual citizenship French, I know how f'ed up and twisted you people can be.

Thanks for the praise

Well, (some of) my dreams came true!
Good to wake up with these pictures.

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

The blue is getting changed

Excellent.

Quoted from playboywillis:

You know what I think it is is the color. The colors are bright and vibrant. Maybe that gives a cartoony illusion. In this case, a darker color palette might actually "darken" the feel of the bottom of the playfield.

Same feeling. That is my more serious concern: colours too bright / too vivid. And not fully matched with cabinet colours.

On the other hand, I do not mind the cartoon-like" feeling of the characters. I prefer it over photoshopped images. I love some details.

Waiting to see a final version of the populated playfield. Nice toys, by the way!

#3344 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down? I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

No. Situation might be different if I had paid it in full... I understand those who paid WOZ months ago in full and are still waiting for their machines. I would be tempted to add it to my lineup.

#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is a very new vid, pingame journal is chatting to the guys
» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing! Anyone posted a video of the seminar?

#3352 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It looks cool. but if I'm reading this right there only making 250?
if thats the case I'm just waisting my time reading about it since I'm never going to get my hands on one...

May be not. Plenty of reasons to keep reading this thread:
- there is a waiting list - so there is hope
- Skit-B will hopefully make a second pin
- there are wonderful people around

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I would be VERY happy if they are ready by Christmas.

Same for me. And I am (was) on the last 1/3 so I should have ample warning.
Need to save some $$!

In the meantime, Nemo should be there!

So guess... Nemo vs Predator launch party in 2013 or 2014?

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! I wonder how the play is?

Can't tell right now. I played a prototype last September in Madrid. Nemo was as gorgeous as it seems on pictures - perhaps even better -, but the rules were at a very early development stage (single player, no multiball, no lane change, most of the video modes not implemented at that time). Since then, Antonio has worked a lot on these rules. He released beautiful images (snapshots) of video modes.

Production has been delayed because of Playfield wood problems. Now solved. In contrast to Predator, I was among the firsts to join, so I hope to get mine relatively soon. Will post pictures and videos ASAP!

#3422 6 years ago

It would be better that way. Then I can start saving money again on Predator (don't want to hijack the thread!)

#3561 6 years ago

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park,

Volcano could use one may be ?

Mini-playfield: Ted's a little off on this one, as I actually really love mini-playfields, if done right.

I love them too, provided they are playable and do not occupy too much real estate for the major PF. The transparent ones found for example on WPT, Farfalla, PinballChamp are great. Not a big fan of single flipper upper PF such as WH2O or BK, or "separated flippers" as in Haunted House.

Multiple Flippers: Again, it has to do with how useful the added flipper(s) is (are).
(...) Using Guns n Roses as an example, the upper flipper only exists to make that inner loop and a side-shot into the Axl scoop

Right, agreed for GnR. Always wondered why this upper left flipper was there.

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

A Rob Zombie pinball is another dream pinball for me.

No we are (at least) two... Rob Zombie could be great.

But should'nt we have a different thread for Skit-B's next pins/themes? This one should be focussed on Predator, no?

#3705 6 years ago

I hope I did not move up too fast on the production line... I was in the last third, and I will need time to get the money!

What I would love is a writen summary of the rules !?

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

How does it help people "get their games more easily"? Just for people that can't save their money on their own (no offense intended)?

No offense taken. I belong to that club...

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

One way to generate a LOT of Pre-pays is to produce all Pre-payer games before those that chose not to Pre-pay.
The order of the Pre-pays would still be ordered based on original production number.
Being in the 200s, I would be more likely to Pre-pay if that meant I could jump the line over those that do not Pre-pay.
The incentives now for Pre-payment are not enticing to me.

That would be efficient for sure, but could be a bit unfair for the first converts (and in contradiction to what was announced before).

I understand the Pre payment scheme and like it as long as it is optional. I hope Skit-B will collect enough money to proceed. I am not thrilled by the incentive, but I am wondering what a "sexy Skit-B T-shirt" might be... kind of scary

#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Even though many have said for the Predator guys to steer clear of the JJP trap and not announce a date they expect to start shipping (because there are likely future delays coming they can't foresee right now) . . . I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

Let's say a rough estimate would be welcome.

It might also be interesting to know which number we now have for production, as some spots have been freed.

Finally, some plan to make a grouped shipping to Europe would be welcome. I recently tried to get a quote to ship a Pin from Colorado to France. Believe me, the cost was prohibitive.

#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

(...) I utterly F'ing hate when the ball reaches the end of a ramp and instead of falling into the return lane, bounces back a couple inches and then has to come back down and settle before it will drain properly.
This video of Full Throttle shows this in full horrible effect. http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_C0gGZLl8E?autoplay=1&rel=0

Right. Had to watch that video again to notice that. The thing I DID notice was how ugly is the artwork on that game.

#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Lemmy indicated in an interview that it would be cool if someone made one for him. What Lemmy wants he gets. The Ace of Spades. Haha!

And Lemmy is (was ?) actually a pin player. Known to hang around in bars and play before concerts.
Special song for lousy games "I am a loser..."

#3939 6 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

"hey this is what we have for your plaque, we need to hear from you by [a specific date] in order to change it"

That would make a wonderful quote, no?

#3960 6 years ago

No one counts the UV-illumination mode as a "toy"?

#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

No video yet but I just snuck in and got to meet the guys for the first time and see this
They look like they've put in a lot of hours in the last few days.
Can't wait to come back and play it.
Hope these pics come out straight.

Thanks for sharing
Exciting week end ahead! Looking forward to videos, more pics, epic interviews, riots to play the game...

#4012 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'd think of pulling the word Predator off the translite or the speaker panel.

Agreed (remove the one from the speaker panel).

Quoted from Marc:

I still don't get why the cab art and pf art are so polar opposite. Looks like the same theme with different design ideas, just doesn't look cohesive. Go with the realistic cab art or the cartoony pf art, can't be both.

I don't mind.

#4101 6 years ago

Speaking of gameplay, anyone posted a video this weekend? That would be cool.

#4180 6 years ago

Great feedback so far. Skit-B cannot please everyone on every aspect... but they try to address our remarks.

Still wondering how we could facilitate import to old Europe. Common shipping could save a lot of $$. Some of us noticed that "Ministry of Pinball" was a reseller for Skit-B... but the machine appears (unsurprisingly) out of stock.

1 week later
#4345 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Arnold looks great. (Though I thought he always did. I guess I can go ahead and admit he looks better now.) I just don't dig that skull at all. I'd be happy with everything else as is, but that skull / hand is so prominent. I honestly thought maybe the hand was not actually finished. To me it looks like an illustrator had blocked it out for spacing and forgot to finish it. And the skull... man, if we have to have that version (instead of the super fantastic version 2.0 that maybe we wish we never saw), grey or white, I just wish the blood was not so gelatenous.
It's obviously not a deal breaker, it just doesn't seem to fit at all.

Exact same impression for me. IMO, Arnold is fine, the skull is (still) not, but that's not a major issue for me and I won't cancel my preorder based on it!

2 weeks later
#4540 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Too much money / risk left up in the air regarding import. :-/
Really too bad because the theme is perfect for her, the art gorgeous, and the new attempt at music is great. I think she's now waiting to play an Oz to see what JJP is all about, and if she likes that waiting to see how Hobbit and/or Star Wars (if someone / whoever does get that liscense) shakes out. I have this terrible gut feeling that missing on Nemo will be a horrible mistake.

I might be among the very firsts to receive Nemo. I promise I will post videos and pictures as soon as I get it. Your mother may decide then. I know there are a few units left for sale so jump if you like what you see!

1 month later
#4855 6 years ago

Tried to check Skit-B website and got that message:
Something's wrong??

Screenshot.png

1 week later
#5050 6 years ago

I can only assume here, but we expect initial units to be completed and shipping out BEFORE the Chicago expo this year

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated...
When is the Chicago expo, by the way?

2 weeks later
#5134 6 years ago

Congrats stretch2 and ulmpharmd... welcome aboard!

Jean-Louis
My production number was #166 but that some time ago!

2 weeks later
#5244 6 years ago
Quoted from carbonROD:

Got my email...thanks for the update Kevin! So pumped for this pin!!!
Considering I got on the list at the start of the year & have only moved up 29 spots, that means there's only been around 10-15% pull out since the preorder list was initially declared full. I know we haven't been asked to shell out the whole amount yet, but it looks like the vast majority of us are hanging on to our spots pretty freikn tight! Keep kicking ass guys!

Right. Even more striking is the resilience of the early converts. The top 10 is still strong, and most people who bailed out seem to be in the second half. I am now #143... and still there.

At some stage we will have to rediscuss grouped shipping to Europe!

1 month later
#5545 6 years ago

Don't forget the poor souls like me who can't make it to Chicago Expo !
Please... send pictures and vidéos and don't hesitate to give your impressions.

Wish I were closer!

#5567 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

(...) I was hoping it was tomorrow (err...today)...since it's my birthday and all, but oh well, what's another day or two.

Happy birthday then

#5725 6 years ago

I like what I see so far. Still in!
Can't wait to see a video of gameplay...

#5787 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone think this is getting to be a tough sell now after ST pro same price, or MMR basically will be taking $8,000,000 off the table?
Still probably a sell out, but I am having deep reservations based on the looks basically the artwork, IMO should have been more Predator or such dark H.Geiger inspired instead of a lineup of charactures / cartoons.
No actual interactive toys or magnets, no ancillary things to shoot at.
My view, this was not anything the prospective owners were involved in. There was no asking us or a poll saying which type of art do we prefer or do we prefer a stripped down shot map or a target rich pin? Basically to was done as is with no asking any questions of what we prospective owners like or dislike.

So why don't you simply leave the boat, get your money back, and give someone else the chance to get in??
You have made perfectly clear for several months you were not satisfied. Plenty of other projects... pick the one you prefer.

The poll demand was the icing on the cake... Now we're asking Skit-B to make a pin based on a poll?? Geez... We provided feedback. They took it into account. That's already much much more than other manufacturers. Artwork won't change much -besides minor adjustments may be-.

#5838 6 years ago

Thanks Kevin. Sh**t happens, we all know that. Exciting times, but also hard times.

Give us regular feedback! Antonio from Quetzal is sending emails to each client every month or so. Not going into the details, but he did experience major setbacks too.

#5867 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Predator looks pretty amazing to me....

...and is priced a bit less than STLE...

#5909 6 years ago

(...) and fattrain's infamous #69.

I am not sure how The Wife would react to Predator #69 at home.
So I guess I'll stick to my #91... seems safer... that's my Wedding year!

The plasma display really does make a huge difference.
(...)
Now that the dust has settled, I can finally catch my breath and share the revelation that I now have a release-candidate Predator machine in my shop to tweak and finalize.

Videos! Videos! Pleeeaaaaase!

1 week later
#6144 6 years ago

Awesome game!
Good to know you are listening to your customers and fans.

Keep the faith and send us some pictures (natural light - don't bother with UV - I doubt one could get a decent rendering: one has to see the damn thing... and I know I will)

I like the ramp diverter: the abduction sensation must be great. With slightly improved ramps, this will be a great game.

Can't wait (but take your time...). Proud to be onboard ! Am I the only one in France?

Back to unanswered question: Do you plan grouped shipping to Europe? Will you use Ministry of Pinball, even for those who preordered directly from you ?

2 weeks later
#6304 6 years ago

(...) In short, no more than 250. Ever.

Pretty clear... Thanks.

#6347 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they should do Ghost-busters. The new slot machine theme'd after Ghostbusters does awesome business on the floor of casinos. It is raking in the cash for IGT right now.

Unsure about this, as America's most haunted's theme is bit similar...without the licence.

2 weeks later
#6382 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Kevin informed me that production will start in 10 weeks (via Facebook) --->
"In about 10 weeks. Just need to get one more part in here then we can go forward.".

I won't hassle him right now (I am not among the first-in-line) but I am happy to hear that...

#6391 6 years ago

Exciting times...

Kevin, any news for grouped shipping to Europe?

1 week later
#6445 6 years ago

Can't wait to see a populated PF integrated into the cabinet...
Awesome!

Quoted from nephasth:

Question, not sure if this has been covered already... Will we be able to purchase an extra playfield with our machine?

Extra plastics - especially slingshots - might come handy as well!

#6531 6 years ago

Really cool. Can't wait for production to start!

#6557 6 years ago

Kevin,

It would be great if you could tell everyone their updated production numbers. I was #166 at one stage - I might have moved up a bit... hopefully not too much... as I am a bit broke because of Xmas. Can you remind us the website or paypal account for prepayment? I might try to add a few $ whenever I can.

/rambling mode on/
Any plan for grouped shipping to Europe? Or would you advice to proceed via Ministry of Pinball which is the (or an) official distributor in Europe? (http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/predator.html). Given transport cost and hassle, VAT and import taxes, their listed price (4495 euros) seems attractive compared to what I might have to pay as an individual. Anyone is Germany or the UK made a serious investigation on organizing shipping?
/rambling mode off/

#6575 6 years ago
Quoted from MatJar:

Jlm are you the only guy in France suppose to get a Pred machine ?

To my knowledge, yes... several Germans and Brits, probably people in the Netherlands and Belgium, but no other French?

Quoted from MatJar:

I regularly pass close to Bordeaux, Wish I ll have the chance to play yours one day

Oh, you are more than welcome. I organize tourneys quite often and I love to bring machines to Pin festivals so you may have several opportunities to try it. Give me a PM: I won't resist the temptation to brag about it when I receive it, so it won't be a state secret.

Might get Nemo before which should have been home months ago if not for the guy supposed to manufacture the playfields (Mirco). Multiple failed promises to the Pin maker... then you realize that to produce a pin you are dependent on so many people: one fails to deliver and the whole process is delayed forever. The WoZ people experienced that; hopefully Skit-B will be luckier!

1 week later
#6618 6 years ago

Happy Predator 2014!

I forgot: I wish Predator could be ready for October: it would be great bringing mine to our Festi-flip event. Have a look at the article in Pinball News for the 2013 event:

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/festiflip2013/index.html

#6625 6 years ago

Happy new year, everybody! I agree, a new thread is in order, as this one is simply massive. It has actually been referred to as the longest on PinSide, but I haven't had the drive/time to confirm. What on earth will we call it, though? :-/
I'm working on getting the build totally bulletproof for the next and maybe last video. That will be a great time to start the new new predator info thread

Thanks !
PS: Got my last email?

#6637 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Predator - The Good, The Bad, The Pony.
nuff said.

Don't forget the Boobs!

Predator - The Boobs, The Bad, The Pony.

#6705 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

6666. We gotta be due for a new thread in this new year.

I noticed that too...
6666.png

#6707 6 years ago

Haha, no. Not counting Predator, obviously, or some weird and specific scenarios, I've never paid more than $1750 for a pin. Even if someone made my favorite license and it was the best game ever made, $8500 still equals at least four other pins for me. The market is a lot different now, not to mention the economy and general inflation over the years, but we used to get NIB games all the time back in the day for around $1500, including FunHouse and other big names. Despite the fact that I am notoriously cheap when buying games, I could picture paying $5k for a Predator, and that's kind of where the thought ended. I doubt it will change much, if at all, with the next machine.

I am going to frame that post...
...and send a copy to JJP, Dutch Pinball, PPS...

3 weeks later
#6912 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

9 downvotes, all from ignored goonies, LMAO.
(...)
The downvoters must be very happy with all the crystalclear communication the fans/costumers get.

Well you did not get a thumb down from me but that was close...
Sure, Skit-B communication is not "crystal-clear". But it is not a disaster either. It's rather erratic. For some time feedback is frequent, at other times non existent. see comment from Navajas below.
It probably means that the Skit-B team, in contrast to us, has a life besides pinside

Quoted from navajas:

Flag me, ban me, warn me, edit me, I don't care. But dude, STUFF IT! These guys have communicated more than any other pin builders. They could be more consistent with their communication, there's always room to improve, but to lump them in with Stern's radio blackout and JJP's overload of unrealized bullshit, is erroneous at best

Navajas, you are my pal !!

Hope you will stay on board. Currently struggling to find the $$ for Predator too...

1 week later
#6967 6 years ago

Check who is speaking during the forthcoming Louisville Arcade Expo (March 7-9)
http://www.arcaderx.com/showevents

1 week later
#7042 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

http://www.skitbpinball.com/index.html
Seems odd to me that Predator is nowhere to be seen on the website??

Predator is actually a code. The final game will have nothing to do with Predator. What we really want are Ponies, boobs and duck hunting.

#7078 5 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I think I'm going to be purchasing 2 artificial trees/plants to put on each side of the game to create more of a jungle effect. Anyone else have anything like that planned?

No, but this seems a good idea; send us pictures when done!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 79.00
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside