View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5513 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I hope the playfield art will be able to keep up with what Matt has showed us here, that spine looks awesome!

Agreed looks amazing.

1 week later
#5711 10 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The live feed isn't anything official. It is a pinsider kind enough to give people far away the ability to get a glimpse at expo.

Thanks dude.

Here. I'm at predator now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Not official. Just Jared official.

#5723 10 years ago

Some guys just hooked up a UV light to shine on the play field here at EXPO. It was said that the glow features were in this play field...

Nothing showed up.

Watch a recording of the video here.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#5731 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well I hope it shows up when the lights go on under the glass this was one of the major selling points of the pin IMO.

Me too bro.

But I was there... And the UV was very bright.. and direct...

Unless we are dumb... Nothing is there.

#5839 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

The UV works fine and the clearcoat is flawless, even though it is technically still curing on the game because it is so fresh. The UV layer on this playfield is lighter than a production game, as we have never tried it on a full scale.

Now before you read what I am about to say I want you to know something.

I am pulling for you guys... and I want this to work. For you all, for your pre order customers, and for pinball. Its a great thing you are doing, and there is absolutely no question that you are passionate about your product. I can understand how this weekend has been frustrating, and I think you have handled it well both in person and online.

But I dont believe that there is any UV whatsoever on the playfield at EXPO.

When you were gone Saturday a group of pre-order people walked over to your game, rigged up a high power UV lighting source, and put it directly onto the playfield. I was nearby when it happened so I filmed it. And yes, I was truly hoping to see something awesome.

We saw nothing.

This light was intense, powerful, and pointing directly down onto the playfield. It was more direct on the payfield art than your lights on the side of the cabinet would have been if we ever saw them on.

UV PREDATOR-277.jpgUV PREDATOR-277.jpg
Full Video Link - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/39973100

I have no problem with someone saying "Hey guys, we didnt get to it yet." or "Hey guys, its not ready". But to see you say "The UV works fine" man... its just not true.

Nothing showed up. Nothing at all.

And please... please... if I am wrong (and actually, I hope that I am) post a pic/video of it in action and say "get lost dude" and I will certainly edit my entire post for you.

Once again, best of luck to you and your team, and I really hope this gets polished out and into a badass pinball machine for everyone. It looks sick from the outside if you ask me.

#5861 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense, but your picture makes it look like you were above the glass. Did you consider that it was probably filtering out the UV light?
Edit: Damn you Vid!!

How do I know the UV got through?

The flippers glowed like none other.

Some of the things DID react to the UV light. Just not the playfield...

Believe what you wish. I was there.

In any case, excited to see finished product and hope it all turns great!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.