View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#196 11 years ago

After seeing that last update and the cool dudes behind it I'm finally in at #224!!!

Predator along with Silence of the Lambs my two favorite movies of all time.....and Tommy Boy of course!

BHZA, WOZ and now Predator on the horizon....I'm loving it!

Congrats on passing 50k Ted!....

#251 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Ahh made a believer out of ya again, huh

You've been one hell of a torch bearer for these guys Willis.......as soon as I saw these guys on the vid I had to jump in...I love the attitudes!

I've figured out that I like to support the entrepreneurs like these guys and JJ and Jpop as much as I want the pin....Predator and Zombie themes don't hurt though!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Welcome to the party!!!

Thanks Tiger......I'm excited about what's on the horizon...

3 weeks later
#647 11 years ago

Add me to Predator, WOZ + BHZA crowd...

3 weeks later
#1269 11 years ago

Great sense of humor and attitude guys.....keep up the great work!

#1341 11 years ago

Ok great, I'm sending my $$$$ in with great excitement!!!

Number 1, I love the info and attitude of these guys and just applaud the effort and seem to have their sh*t together on a much higher level than either Stern or JJ (on a relative size basis!)

Number 2, I see Stern pump out another line pins, different models, LE's designed to screw the collector, $$$ wise, and once again, it will be a half a**, half finished code product...

Number 3, While I know I will love the quality, play and innovation of Woz, I'm getting tired of the attitude, it seems, that the pin loyalist that supported these guys from day one doesn't seem to matter a whole lot anymore......

It looks like I'll be happily supporting guys like this and Jpop now and in the future...

#1343 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, Ice. I've made a decision as well. I'm not supporting the Stern method of having different machines (LE, Pro, Semi-Pro, Prem, etc) The WOZ method is best. Basic gameplay and all toys are the same. Bells and whitsles can be added later. Prices are getting crazy. My rich friends will not pay $8k for a pinball machine! (I need coffee)

Right on Ted!...We now have Options A, B, C and D to choose from and Stern doesn't seem to get it......he will shortly if I'm right about Avengers sales.....

2 weeks later
#1609 11 years ago

And so it begins....when the $$ starts flowing people get their panties in a wad over anything and everything...

Keep it rocking SkitB..no worries!

#1610 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

It would be nice if they would acknowledge everyone's whining and give us a timeline or estimated something. I'm not demanding it or asking for it, because I know they've got to be working hard on it.

"whining" is the key word.........

#1667 11 years ago

I think the update deserves a big titty shot Ted!........

#1669 11 years ago

How about titties until the big reveal!...

#1680 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, but you keep complaining about Jersey Jack all the time...and that gets tiresome too.

Maybe the bigger point was missed by most.....but Ted get's it!

Lighten up, I've got enough bitching, whining and complaining from my wife and three girls, it would be nice not to have every thread hijacked by it on here, just sayin...

Pinball, titties and beer....uh oh, shame on me

So back to having fun and enjoying this Predator project...

#1705 11 years ago

Great Gif's Ted....don't let the "bastards" wear you down...

#1792 11 years ago

You know if its Matt from Back Alley its going to be great!

#1802 11 years ago

How about the Skull in the play field like the Ringmaster in CV!.......

4 weeks later
#2243 11 years ago

What do you guys think the software will look like from day one? Stern like or complete....my guess is that these guys will tweak unforseen changes anyhow....

#2248 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing coding updates will be very swift as that is the heart and soul of the project from the start. JMHO of course.

I would think so as well because if the first dozen guinea pigs or so are not happy with the play then the rest of the orders might suffer.....I won't back out because I believe in these guys but some of the anal nimrods will....

3 weeks later
#2389 11 years ago

How about we focus on getting Predator out first!...

1 month later
#3006 11 years ago

That's freaking hilarious! Notice how the Beatmaster posted right after that pic....now we know what the "BeatMaster" really means

Nice "cups" Blondetall! And yes, that's what you get for teasing a bunch of horny old bastards like Ted....

#3064 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I JUST CREAMED MY F****N JEANS

That scares me....

Lower looks awesome, upper can't tell without population.....

Grab a seat and some popcorn...here we go!

Gotta be a choppa and it looks great overall

#3066 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Where the hell is TigerLaw? I hope he didnt stroke out!

Tiger has gotten distracted by cleavage and won't be back for a few days...

#3090 11 years ago

The color palette on Special Forces looks better at this point....

Well, the gameplay, modes, theme etc....is what's gonna make this pin fun....not necessarily the artwork, and that's ok for the $$, Jpop is still secure in that area....

#3095 11 years ago

That pic should be right in the middle of the play field!

#3098 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LMAO! Those distractions usually last for just a few minutes. Glad to see this playfield. Predator No. 37 will be sitting in my game room before the end of the year.

Hahaha!......I hear ya....I love old school, pins and cleavage and the more I look at the artwork the more I like it!...And I have a masters degree in "patience" so I'll be looking forward to next year some time along with Zombie...

#3100 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Glad you're a buyer, not the designer!

Me too, because I don't know sh*t about designing anything!

Except, the main pic should be in the middle instead of the explosions...

#3248 11 years ago

I wonder what the actual margins are for the home brew....I love the boutique model, especially the range of choices now...Jpop, Skitb, and Spooky..

It will be very interesting to see if you can make pins at that price, make money, thrive and stay in business for the long run...I'm rooting hard, these guys have a great attitude

#3273 11 years ago
Quoted from Phillyfan:

I was a bit under-impressed with the Predator art package. But then, maybe I was expecting too much. I guess, don't expect JPop art quality for Stern pro price. Something has to give. But just to me, I'd buy Predator becasue it's rare and it should be cool. But I just don't think the art is anything special (or maybe I should say the art is a subtraction in my eyes).

I think that's right on.......tough to tell without it populated though, maybe that's why the upper looks the way it does...maybe the group of characters should be much larger and less blue and explosions?....it will look great in the end!

#3320 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

The blue is getting changed

That's great news...

More like those other pics above by James....less cartoon...

#3385 11 years ago

Well, I'm trying to like the play field and keep looking at it to figure out why I don't...that said, it really doesn't matter much to me, the code, game play is what matters most....

I just hope they can make this thing for $4750 and still do well for themselves....when you are only sourcing 250 of anything I wouldn't think you'd be getting a whole lot of volume discounts...I read somewhere it cost Gene 6k to do BBB....

What an undertaking, these guys have got to be admired for their efforts! I just hope they make enough money to stay around and do it again...

#3388 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. As a non-profit they can still pay themselves some salaries by the way.

Out of curiosity, they aren't really a 501c3 are they?....

Quoted from blondetall:

I think this is a "look what we can do, take us seriously" venture and they'll plan to make money on the next game. You've got to prove what you can do, and so far these guys certainly are doing that. Like they said on the video, people are taking notice and/or taking them more seriously now.

I get that for sure so essentially they are doing this for "cost", whatever that is?

Why would they take ALL the risk? Maybe in the future they will be the first cost plus pin maker

What if you could pick options ala carte?

#3465 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Detail is going to be added to the huts up top.
Empty space, even in the upper center, won't be seen due to population.
UV layer isn't being shown yet.
Anna will likely be added shortly.
Dutch will be moving down to accommodate the light-lock insert position.
There will likely be much more foliage by the end of the project.

Sounds great....especially the "much more foliage"!

#3577 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

'm watching Predator on cable at this very moment!
Payback Time!

Me too Ted, never gets old!

1 week later
#3900 11 years ago

Way to add to the options available for everybody SkitB....Great move! You and Jpop both are creating quite the consumer experience.....

Quoted from Drano:

If you're on the wait list you probably won't see any updates until there's a spot open.
JPOP has adjusted the payment schedule slightly, but the next installment is due in about a month (instead of April 1st).
I suspect the targeted completion is still Q1 2014... but don't quote me on that.
With only 99 spots plus the 25 cointaker editions, space will be tight... especially now that they are regularly sharing progress and images to the buyers. I don't imagine many will be pulling out at this stage... but keep on him. You may get lucky.

End of Q1 is the "projected date" now but this is a work in progress and that could change as things develop.....and I would check again with Jpop right around the next pmt. due, June, and see what happens, I'm sure a few might drop out, but after seeing what I've seen I'm 1000% in....

3 weeks later
#4342 10 years ago

Wow.......ok, so that little detail is what we are down to now.....wow........

1 month later
#4773 10 years ago

Titties.......thx Ted.....

#4804 10 years ago

Crap, hoping for a real update every time I see multiple posts....

2 weeks later
#4912 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Just experiencing the "birth" of JJP and waiting for my game over the past couple of years makes the hair on the back of my neck raise straight up when thinking about Predator. The delays, factory setup, code development, initial prototype issues, and now games trickling out 26 months later just show you what it takes to get a game built, boxed, and shipped.

Me too.........

#4913 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

I agree with that Ted! Sounds like what we said for 2 1/2 yrs with Woz and if people don't want to go through that again then I'd say get out now and save yourself the agony or stick it out and reeeelax, cause it will be a similar journey....

#4944 10 years ago

Well, for $250, I'll just consider a pinball development loss and that would be ok with me.........

Hopefully, they can overcome all the problems that JJP had with producing Woz, without any funds to make it happen, I feel for the guys......

#4972 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My opinion is that it will NOT be a similar journey. I don't think we will be waiting 2 1/2 years for Predator. This is not WOZ, as stated somewhere above...

I really hope not, nobody thought we'd be waiting for 2 1/2 years for Woz either, maybe these guys have found a short cut to build a pinball machine from scratch.....

In any event, people should be prepared to be patient......

2 weeks later
#5121 10 years ago

Wow, page 102 and over 5k posts in this thread!

#5125 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are you in on this one Ice? Can't remember if this was one you hopped in on. Been looking really good thus far.

I'm in and anxiously awaiting the next update!

1 month later
#5344 10 years ago

That's pretty cool Ted, good find.....and I like the alt translite, not sure about the open mouth thing though!

4 weeks later
#5452 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry, I should have clarified that is just my personal opinion and speculation. I know what everyone else on here knows, that they are planning a full unveiling at the show.

Hopefully you are correct Tiger! Expo this year is going to be full of good stuff.......

1 week later
#5529 10 years ago

That is one of the coolest toys ever.....great job Matt!

1 week later
#5587 10 years ago

You lucky bastards! Post away, can't stand the suspense here.................

#5599 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Nice little custom game from the Skit B and Skill Shot guys!

20131017_171353.jpg 2 MB

20131017_171341.jpg 2 MB

Where is Predator?

#5613 10 years ago

So.......no Predator?

#5623 10 years ago

Any Predator sighting?.......

Dude, don't get your feelings hurt, you guys do a great job, most of the time!

#5773 10 years ago

I'm waiting to see some gameplay myself, after all, that is the most important aspect of a pin! As for the "communication" aspect, I would agree with that, look at how it started and where it is now.....

Hopefully the gameplay is awesome and the UV works with the clear coat, at this point though I'm leaning to other options especially with MM remake and hopefully Stern with TWD, maybe today will provide some more clarity for everybody!

Good luck to the SkitB boys, today will be a better day.....

#5815 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, well just imagine how the SkitB boys feel about it. As disappointed as I am to hear this, I'm especially bummed for them.

I really feel bad for those guys as well......I'm just gonna consider my $250 as a donation to pinball development and a great effort by these guys and move on, look how hard it was for JJP to get a pin out the door with a full blown factory and programmers.....I hope they have success, never give up...!

2 months later
#6695 10 years ago

I don't think anyone will be looking at 2015 at all. With our release date set in April, and our build schedule continuing at a good pace, the entire build process should be well over with by October.

Skit, glad to see things rocking along and can't wait to see the new video.

Not that you guys can't do it without a hiccup but since I'm likely in the "October" group and living through the Woz experience and all the resources that they have do you guys really feel that confident that you can do a better job than JJP of cranking out these 250 pins? I hope so

#6699 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

predator isn't mechanically complex as woz. 5 flippers vs. 2. 1 playfield versus 3.
assembly would be WAY faster than a woz. i'm dreading the day a worn out woz comes thru the shop for refurbishing.

Good point, assembly should be a whole lot easier, right Kevin I'm referring to things really more out of their control like supplier issues and unknown problems like power supply once production has begun.

#6746 10 years ago

Predator was designed and built to evolve games like Terminator 2, and to outshine games like ST or Met in terms of playability, accessibility and fun factor.

Wow, go get em big guy. Sounds great!

One thing that would be really cool for you guys to adopt down the road is once the code is considered "done" and paid for, add some power pack updates to improve "playability, accessibility and the fun factor".

With the price you guys are charging I think most people would ante up another $500 for a significant update down the road, lets say 200 at $500 per, 100k and we get a new updated game

#6773 10 years ago

The "open source" is really interesting! I love being able to change up my songs on Ac/dc.

Sometimes just a little tweak can breathe a whole new life into a pin

1 month later
#6987 10 years ago

Can we get some more stupid ponies?

Thank goodness for Matt, big time talent and a huge plus for Predator

1 week later
#7048 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I'm so sick of opening this thread thinking that maybe...just maybe there will be a new video showing the completed pin and specifics on when shipping will start. Doubt there is anything else that could throw this thread further down the trough.

yep

#7054 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You mean to tell me there hasn't been 7000 valid posts in this thread?

There has been at least a couple dozen or so

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.