View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoss-woods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1021 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Completely off-topic, but this is my favorite "plate quote." It's something of a shop-joke around here, as well. Many times when something in the software doesn't work as intended, I'll go back over to my desk and implement what I think a fix for it would be. If it gets to the point where I've tried like three or four things and it's still acting up, I slouch and kind of 'crawl' out of my chair while lumbering towards the machine to test it again repeating "I'm gonna have me some fun" just like Mac does in the movie. We may be a lot of things over here, but admittedly, we're nerds first...

It's true I've seen it myself, might even have done it myself a couple of times.

In short, no. We had a representative of the company come out to my home to talk about the project and what they could do. When he took a look at Shadow (my cleanest game), he pointed at the playfield and said "that's what I do." The best part was that he immediately noticed the sanctum wear (of course) and pointed out not only why that happened, but how his exact process would disallow such a thing. And yes, it's seriously a military grade process. When we went to pick up our prototype blank with the test application, we legally weren't allowed to enter the building further than the entrance doors and we had to sit with designated security personnel while we waited. Not to say it wasn't a pleasurable experience; everyone was very nice and professional, but it was certainly a 'different' day...

I was present both times we met with the suppliers who we have in mind for applying the playfield art and protective covering. Not only was I impressed with the reps enormous knowledge base but also with his ability to think outside the box and basically get down and nerdy with us about the project. When we went to have the prototype whitewood for the Chicago Expo covered we were led into an antechamber and told that without background checks through the federal government that we could go no further due to the fact that the same technology that is covering our playfield is also used in military applications i.e. tanks, missiles, planes, and pretty much all other kinds of badassery. Definitely an interesting day and so far no matter how we abuse it it's holding up with absolutely NO wear marking whatsoever. The adhesives being used to adhere the protective covering are to say the least high tech and have been rigorously field tested. If not in pinball machines, at least in much harsher environments. The joke that day was that this stuff was made to withstand biohazard threats, warfare, and small explosions. I doubt the rest of The Predator would survive one, but at least the playfield will still rock. As far as the art on the playfield that is being digitally applied/printed directly to the playfield itself.

-Steven Woods
Build Manager - SKIT - B Pinball

1 week later
#1107 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just got my email #197 was sent to junk on hotmail. I placed it in my inbox so hopefully it will not happen again. Is there some way for me to mark this as not junk mail in the future?

The best way I know of to prevent this is to add our email to your contacts list. This stops virtually all the email providers from placing future emails from us in the "junk" folder.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I assume this is another mass email? I haven't received it yet but it took 24 hours for the first one.

This is anything but another mass email. I would say lol but there is really nothing funny about sending out 250 individual emails. We are working on them as fast as we can, and working on the replies as well. The plan for now is to have all the emails sent out by tonight. Unfortunately some email providers may take a little longer to get it to you. Definitely check your junk folders but if for some reason you still don't have an email by Tuesday night let us know so we can find out what happened.

#1172 11 years ago

Getting the meat of the new video update shot tonight. After a time allowance for editing and hijinks you can expect to see the video sometime this weekend.

#1202 11 years ago

ERMAGERD

VIDEO SNEAK PEEK

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#1220 11 years ago

New video is finished and uploaded. It will be posted sometime tomorrow, I think you'll all really enjoy it and I hope it's everything you guys were looking to see. 'Til then, it's 5AM, good night for now

Should be worked out Monday or shortly after that. We'll definitely send out another email when we get all this sorted out.
On another note, has anyone checked the website lately?

I'm Sulky Stevie and I approve this video update!

2 weeks later
#1465 11 years ago

Hey everyone. Just a quick note to let you know we're still alive out here. Busy, busy. By the way if anyone out there can make it to the Snowball Open at The Shark Club in Howell, MI this weekend might want to. I hear there might be a Predator on the loose...

#1477 11 years ago

Pictured above from left to right: Steven Woods, aka "Hoss" aka "Doris the Secretary", Build Manager, A/V, phone calls and all around bottom of the hill guy. Kevin "Whit" Kulek, President & CEO, coder, developer, designer, guy who pulls his hair out. Kathy Kulek, Mom. Aaron Klumpp, R&D, engineer, obviously has pulled all his hair out already, scourge of the left eject.

SKIT_team.jpgSKIT_team.jpg

#1494 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'd hate to see people get kicked off the list simply because they don't check Pinside.
Come on, Skit-B. Time for a mass email if December 14th really is the deposit deadline.
Pete

No one is getting kicked off the list, first off I need to say that. Dec. 14th was the tentative deadline that we were thinking out loud about on here to get a read on everyone's reaction. If anyone can't make the deposit right away just email us or send us a message here on Pinside and let us know. We are more than happy to work with everyone. Trust me we want you to have a Predator just as much as you do while at the same time being fair to the numerous people hanging out in the green room known as the waitlist. We are doing everything we can to be in DIRECT contact with everyone on the waiting list regarding deposits, drops, and deadlines.

So, until the next post "I'm gonna have me some fun" playing some Predator today,
Steven Woods

#1506 11 years ago

Is everyone really sure they can't make it to The Shark Club in Howell, MI for the Snowball Open? It seems the Predator is going to be there and it looks like Santa visited the guys at SKIT - B a little early...

// Error: Image 58993 not found //

1 week later
#1722 11 years ago

Thought everybody would enjoy a little Christmas cheer!

PredXmas.jpgPredXmas.jpg

2 weeks later
#1989 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Will the UV ink still be used with the new lights?

Yes. The UV effect is in my opinion one of the very cool features about the machine and it is still happening.

#1998 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

... is like Christina Hendricks, Famke Jansen, Gina Gershon, Monica Bellucci and Ronda Rousey wearing pirate wench, witch hunter, naughty nun, devil woman and Princess Leia slave girl Halloween costumes (respectively).

"I'm gonna be in my bunk..." Jayne, Firefly

#2004 11 years ago

"I get confused. I remember everything. I remember too much, and... some of its made up, and... some of it can't be quantified, and... there's secrets." - River, Firefly

#2091 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Under no circumstances should you watch Serenity before watching every episode of Firefly.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Nav:
I trust your opinions, so I will try Firefly out and see.
Dan

Good. IMHO watching Firefly first is a MUST. Parts of Serenity really don't make sense much less engage you emotionally if you don't have Firefly under your belt. If you watch Firefly first I have to warn you of one thing. You, like the rest of us will feel the pain of having your soul scream out in misery at the fact that the show was cancelled so early on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoss-woods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=hoss-woods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.