Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider corvair61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2090 7 years ago

Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere.... SkitB....Are you guys going to be at the Ohio Pinball Show next month?

1 week later
#2185 7 years ago

Anyone able to confirm if SkitB will be making it to the Ohio show next month?

1 month later
#2576 7 years ago

Got an email from Kevin, confirming im on a wait list. Sooooooo.. this means nothing I guess. lol... I have ZERO patience for anything these days! Gaghhhh

Micah

# ??

#2580 7 years ago

Any reason to not bump production to 300 or more if the interest is there?

#2582 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

There are 250 being produced, and when we did a count last time there were a good 113 Pinsiders on the list. I know it has changed quite a bit so I gave up trying to keep it accurate. Sometime last October/November is when they were considered "sold out" with all 250 being claimed, then the $250 deposit came along to confirm a spot (and help raise a little $ for a few things they needed) because there were so many people that got in late and wanted a shot. At one point it was also confirmed that there were 40+ people on the wait list. I have no idea of current stats/numbers.
Edit to reply to Corvair since we posted at the same time:
Licensing rights state no more than 250 will be produced.

So those who are recently added to the wait list could potentially be shut out? uggh

#2590 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

$10k by Christmas!

Every pin you touch becomes 10k by xmas.

#2624 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Means that we still have a handful of original pre-order spots that haven't gotten back with us. If they don't get back with us by the 15th, we have to assume that they no longer want to be a part of the project and we will open their spots to waitlisters at that time.

Anybody know how many people are currently on the wait list?

3 weeks later
#2845 7 years ago

Just got email confirmation that I'm 9th on the wait list. Thanks Kevin! Can't wait to receive a request for deposit.

#2853 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I believe they are shooting for $4750 so it is laid out as $250 initial deposit then $2250 when they start building and another $2250 when it's shipped. Whatever the shipping cost is looking at around 5k total if you have it shipped.

Im within driving distance!!

#3016 7 years ago

Looks good.... Who will be the first to complain?

#3022 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Me. Flatish (edit) monochromatic red skull seems a little weird. Figured Yoric'd be more gory with little bits and such.
Happy?
EDIT: The mid-field feels just a touch empty, very likely fixed when populated. Other than that, I really like the use of color. Even un-lit there's a lot of nice contrast. Can't wait to see a better image!

Im confident and hopeful that this playfield art will be tweaked MANY times and that everyones suggestions are all taken into consideration before the trigger is pulled on the final design. Now lets see some hi res close ups!!

#3048 7 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

What about those of us who don't want the art changed. Are you saying they should only listen to the about dozen or so of you out of 250 who think the art is wrong or needs to be fixed? Art is subjective and they can't please everyone who thinks something should be changed. If they change it to how you want it, then what if someone comes in saying it looked better the old way? It would be a continuous cycle and the art would never be done.
Also, did none of you notice that they had no problem giving us art updates until a few of you wanted changes made? Yeah, the artist made the changes, but they also stopped showing the art.
While SkitB has considered a lot of feedback from us but they also have their general vision of what the machine should look like, how it should play and what all should be incorporated. I have faith that when it is all put together it is going to be an awesome machine that my wife and I are going to enjoy very much and I don't feel the need to nitpick over tiny details.
And just so I get my vote it, DO NOT CHANGE THE ART!!!
Side note: I own a JP and I like the art on it. However, Nedry's hand looks like a 6 year old had drawn it, and yet somehow I still manage to really enjoy playing it. It's such a struggle, but yet I power through.

Don't get me wrong. Im never once said that the artwork needs changed.. All im saying is that Im sure it will constantly be tweaked before production. Also, there are many outside of Pinside that Im sure have left feedback.... not saying that skitb should listen to just us "dozen" or so. Bottom line - I love the artwork and everything else the team has been doing to get this exciting project out. Pinball history is being made before our eyes. Im just glad to be a part of it.

#3123 7 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

Are you saying they should only listen to the about dozen or so of you out of 250 who think the art is wrong or needs to be fixed?

Ok.. so far I counted about a dozen +/- posts critiquing the pf artwork. Only 238 more unique posts to go before they change up the designs!

#3253 7 years ago

Is it 5pm yet??

#3357 7 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It looks cool. but if I'm reading this right there only making 250?
if thats the case I'm just waisting my time reading about it since I'm never going to get my hands on one...

I emailed Kevin in the middle of March requesting to be added to the waiting list and by the end of March I got confirmation that I was 9th on the list and that I was pretty much guaranteed a spot/machine! Go for it!!

1 week later
#3696 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I woke up this morning and checked my emails as usual. Top of the pile was an email from SkitB Pinball.
The gist of the email was this"
Maddog, some sorry sucker pulled out when it was put up or shut up. Its go time, you in or you out?
I'm officially in.

This must mean ive moved from 9th to 8th on the wait list!

#3727 7 years ago

Predator updates....where are you??!! aggghhh..(sifts through Metallica threads)

1 week later
#3941 7 years ago

Moved from #9 to #3 on the waiting list in just a month. Thanks for the update Kevin!

1 week later
#4160 7 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Video please of you destroying game, come on we are due.
Give us a little sugar and we will all give more monies , well I will if I like what is see.
Pretty please

Video or it didn't happen?

#4231 7 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Blows my mind that a major show and no one took any good video?!!!!!? Damn you all, you need to take notes from the Minnesota crew getting first ever video of Metallica out the door just hours after it was unboxed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swear to god its a conspiracy..

#4286 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well folks, I'm sorry to say but I have to drop out...I'm #140 so it will become available soon, I sent Kevin an email and requested to be dropped. I really enjoyed being part of this group, I will remain a big fan of Skidb and Predator....Hope someone else picks up this spot ASAP before I change my mind.
Kam

Im #3 on the waitlist, now #2 ?!

#4348 7 years ago

Just wait until we see a video update and this thread will hit 10,000 posts by xmas.

#4372 7 years ago

Just got done chatting with Kevin on FB. Couldn't get any juicy tidbits out of him but he did get me hyped about one thing.... I went from #3 on the waitlist to (drum roll) PRE OWNER - Production #24.. Build #250 !!!! SOOOOO stoked right now. He also seemed very excited about the UV artwork/effects on the game but wouldn't give details of course, just said "wait til you see the UV stuff. it's really mind blowing" and...... he seemed happy with the skull. Keep up the amazing pace guys, I havent been this excited since I lost my virginity.

Micah #24

#4376 7 years ago

So now guys on the waiting list are jumping ahead of others as soon as they get a number? What gives Kevin?

I am still at the back of the bus as far as when I receive my pin. The production # that was given to me apparently belonged to someone that had dropped out. Didn't mean to start a frenzy

#4380 7 years ago

Your game should be number 24 but it should be the last game made.

Correct.....sorry. I should edit that i guess.

#4409 7 years ago

Just submitted my deposit!! Who cares if my pin is last to be built. All you waitlisters... Your time is coming VERY soon!

#4411 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I hope so...how far down the list were you? I think i was at 14 two months ago or so.

I think I was #9 or #10 around the end of March. You should be very close!!!!

#4413 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I don't know about that. I'm about 30 back.

Just wait until production begins... You have no reason to, but trust me.

#4492 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

10k by Christmas?

running joke

2 weeks later
#4663 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I ma likely in the last quarter... so you are doing better than I am ;(

Im #250 and could care less!!!! Just pumped to be a part of it.

1 week later
#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No word from Kevin since the NW Pinball show
Did he make it home ok?

Kevin is on FB as we speak. He is alive.

2 weeks later
#4849 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Like dem bones, Matt.

Thats a big old pile of dem bones.

#4854 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Ditto to Whysnow above.

ditto!

1 month later
#5239 6 years ago

Production #234

Moved up 16 spots!

#5264 6 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

Production number: 0
Production order: 0

Didn't mean to laugh. But this is funny. Get on the wait list NOW!!

#5285 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Production Number: 69
Production Order: 24

You may just see yours this year!! LUCKY

2 weeks later
1 week later
4 weeks later
#5591 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Anything yet??????

We will all know soon enough...as we see over 100 new posts on this thread.

#5650 6 years ago

530 in the morning... 50 new posts... and this is all we get??

At least the Starfox pin was somewhat relative.

1 week later
#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Taking the game back out into the wild tomorrow night for an open house at our local venue here in Michigan. I'm sure some folks will score some photos and short videos, then Sunday I'll be recording the official video. I put about 25 test plays on it tonight making minor adjustments when necessary, and everything is going very well on this end.

Wish I was closer. GLWTOH

#6044 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Here are my thoughts after this latest video:

- GI lighting is flat out terrible. The whites are so bright, it completely washes out all of the plastics colors. The center of the playfield is way too dark. Hopefully there will be some spotlights added (although they weren't mentioned). Obviously you want to play this game in the dark for the UV effect, but when the UV isn't on, the playfield shouldn't be so damn dark.

I really think his camera's exposure settings affected the appearance of the PF. It was noticeable as soon as Kevin shows us the front of the cab (couldn't see the artwork, coindoor or shooter button). Im sure the GI lighting issues were thought out. Anyone who saw it in person, please chime in.

1 month later
#6378 6 years ago

Kevin informed me that production will start in 10 weeks (via Facebook) --->
"In about 10 weeks. Just need to get one more part in here then we can go forward.".

This was 4 or 5 days ago. I was holding out… anticipating that someone else would share the news. Maybe everyone should just start asking him questions and reposting the answers as they are delivered.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 23.00
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider corvair61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside