Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#295 7 years ago

Tried get on the pre-order list. Sent a couple pms and emails. A little help....

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Bill Paxton is the only man alive to have been killed by a Terminator, an Alien, and a Predator.

Survive a couple tornado's and 3 wife's at the same time.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We just posted some pics and some videos of some folks playing the Predator at the Chicago Expo on our Facebook. We'll have them up here soon.

Looking fwd to it. Some of us don't FB.....thx,#179

#489 7 years ago

The expo video I saw on YouTube, they were hiting ramp after ramp. I heard you couldn't see well but it is t permanent.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

Complaints about game play are now being labeled trolling because they don't agree with the hive mind. Pinside hits a new low.

Just curious and completely off topic(sorry) but...How could someone with under 500 karma points know its a new low for pinside. Please don't take this the wrong way. I hate you didn't have fun.

I'm just curious. Perhaps criticism like this is why Stern waits until the pin is complete before selling. I think these guys just wanted to show they're customers they are committed. I appreciate them taking it to shows. I also hope it inspires more people to start a small business.

1 week later
#681 7 years ago

Already 2 pins with Jeff Bridges(Tron&IM). Is this suppose to be the trifecta?

#740 7 years ago

No problem doing this at all. Especially if its fully refundable. #179

#747 7 years ago

I Agree once money is involved deadlines and updates would be anticipated.

#801 7 years ago

Hey Skit B, are you huys gonna be at the Southern Pinball Festival in Orlando 16-18th??

#811 7 years ago

What is the next show hou will have Predator at??

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I thought the price point was 4750 did they increase it?

I dont think so. I bleieve its still 4750.00. People have just started rounding it up.

#868 7 years ago

No email #179

#891 7 years ago

Double checked spam. No luck #179. Is it info on pin, logistics, or financial??

#921 7 years ago

Name Plate- "I aint got time to Bleed" Jesse (The Body) Ventura

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

" I ain't got time to bleed"

Already taken, see above.. Nah it dont matter. Only so many catch phrases.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Well, it all depends on what is meant by "overlay".
If the art is printed/impregnated onto a durble substrate and laminated to the playfield, it could be super durable. Think Formica
Also, there are many printers that offer direct-to-substrate printing. For lack of a better description, it would be like running a primed playfield through an inkjet printer and then sealing it with some sort of clearcoat. Just a more efficient and inexpensive means of achieving the same effect as silk screening.
I certainly wouldn't be too comfortable with a paper-backed print being laid down on the wood.

From what I understand this is similar to the way they are doing WOZ. On Charlies podcast they talked about printing direct to wood.

#1002 7 years ago

First, I trust you guys will come up with the best possible descision.
Second, If you decide to go CPR I wouldnt worry about a few extra 100 to get the quality.
Thanks for all the effort guys!!

#1048 7 years ago

Nameplate-
PREDATOR
This is no way for a soldier to die!
#179 of 250

Said when they found the soldiers skinned in the trees

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Nerdification on that quote: "Ain't no way for no soldier to die."
If you're going to engrave something, make sure it's correct!

Ha-ha your probablly right. I dont have it on dvd. Thanks

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Nerdification on the above: No, not "probably" right. I'm a million times infinity right. Trust me.

Ok, calm down, your right....ha-ha

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I received 4 of the introductory emails around nov 11, but haven't yet received the personalized email concerning production order, name, payments, etc. Anybody else still waiting for this?

Im in the same boat with yA

2 weeks later
#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We're getting Long Tall Sally!? Awesome news!

Hope its the little richard version and not the beatles or worse, Kevins version.

1 month later
#2122 7 years ago

Just checking here. Has anyone recieved a receipt of deposit? I got the one from paypal but wasn't sure if Skit B sent one out? Thought there was gonna be an email as well? Im sure its posted 20 pages back but I can't muddle through all thoose posts. Thanks for your help,
Chad# 179

#2197 7 years ago

Great update. The ball hesitates a little on the right ramp at the sharp corner. Im sure that will be rounded in the final ramps. Great work guys. # 179

4 weeks later
#2350 7 years ago

Please let us know when the "tentative" Texas appearance becomes "confirmed" thanks so much! And bring me a shirt!!

#2375 7 years ago

I hope its a BL- Caucasian Edition or White Russian

1 week later
#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sending the email now
thanks JLM33

Good luck bud. Its 250.00 down with 2250 when they start making yours and another 2250 before they ship. 4750.00 total.

#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Gave up my Predator because they wanted payments and I just didn't think they were far enough along. Now I am wondering if I made a bad decision.

Payments? I haven't heard anything about Payments?

#2572 6 years ago

Ok . That's what I thought. I hadn't heard of payments.

1 week later
#2698 6 years ago

Any updates from Texas. Isn't the newest version suppose to be there?

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

No, I believe the next update and show apperance will be MiPinball expo.

Thanks. I thought I saw they were going to TPF. Oh well, guess we'll wait.

2 weeks later
#2952 6 years ago

Really!! 100 new posts and nothing? I read through 100 new posts and thought sure theyre was something. We need a thread for updates only.

#3068 6 years ago

The artwork reminds me of the 80s image.jpg

#3080 6 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Reminds me of Data East art.

Nail on Head. LW3 maybe

#3120 6 years ago

Im in for a predator and am not blown away by the artwork. It does look like similar to special forces and the characters are drawn in the Data east style no question. Just too 2 deminsional. Sorry if this is unpopular but im just not impressed. Buy hey I didn't like ACDC pro or Xmen playfields when they were first shown.

#3157 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i agree with you, the artwork looks a lot better than LW3.

It definitely looks better than LW3? But isn't that really a Dubious honor? Theyre shooting higher than that. Its just ok, it's just not "WOW" !!!!

#3159 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Man, that dude really loves himself

That dude is so arrogant. I never knew he did LAH for Arnold. Also his neighbor slash came to him for GNR. Must have been an important character. At least he thought so.

#3183 6 years ago

Artwork-

I can't speak for everyone who has compare the art to Data East.
I think what at least i had mentioned is that its similar as far as pinball art goes. You could also say its similar to BSD. ( Hand drawn/painted, DE cartoony. Whatever)

What I was hoping for was more hand painted similar to Zombie adventure land or papaduk- Magic Girl. I like the artwork in Centaur, BBB.
I by know means am putting anyone or anything down. I don't think other people that mentioned art are either. The PF art is just closer to Data East than it is anything other Hand drawn Art in "pinball". Simple

#3278 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

If Stern only makes 250 of a pin, it gets called an LE and costs 7k. That's the big difference.

Tron LEs they made 400 and they were 5600.00. They also didnt sell out right away either. Now your right theyre around 7k
Also Stern has a little bit more overhead than some kids in the basement.

Quoted from iceman44:

I think that's right on.......tough to tell without it populated though, maybe that's why the upper looks the way it does...maybe the group of characters should be much larger and less blue and explosions?....it will look great in the end!

Im unimpressed as well. Looks like a kid drew that exploding Hut at the top of the PF.

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That is not today's price point for LEs it is well above that now and 400 is a lot more than 250. Also, all that overhead and stuff to do make some things get overlooked like the code on the pins upon release. Some have been almost unplayable and some have gone unfinished. I think the code upon Predator's release will feel done to players which would be a welcome change IMO.

Yea like i had stated above they've went up about 1000 since Tron LE. I hope its a completed pin with completed code. Im looking fwd to the UV hidden ink. I wasnt sure that was a definite fact yet.

#3321 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the color palette, the explosions, the huts.... those are the things that make it look cartoony, imo.
I think that is where the DE comments were coming from as well.
I also agree about the characters bordering on caricatures, which falls in the cartoon realm.
Someone earlier talked about the playfield looking retro... but retro games don't have realistic skinned bodies and spines and skulls.... so there is some split personality going on.
If I were to offer my humble opinion, that would be to push the art more into the realistic world, make this game look like an R-rated pin, just as the movie is r-rated. Won't be for everyone, but they aren't trying to sell it to everyone, and that bridge has been crossed with the toys.

I agree with most everything you said.
Also It sucks that some people are taking it so personal just from honest criticism. That's the thing i like about Skit-B. they seem to be listening to the customers!

#3323 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Could be just lines an facial expressions. This is some of James' other work. Guy can draw

Thoose pics don't look like they came from the same artist. Thanks for sharing. Guy definitely has talent!

#3326 6 years ago

Your right, toys are great. Dots are great. Code seems like its gonna be great.

#3623 6 years ago

I know we talked about this a year ago. Has it been stated if any of the music from predator is gonna be in the pin?

#3630 6 years ago

LTS is what I wanted to hear!!! I didnt know that it was for sure!

2 months later
#4753 6 years ago

Ready for next update!!!

5 months later
#6441 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Kevin still no contact for settling up for #70 drop me a line. Have PM you last week,
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Probably have more success emailing him.

#6454 6 years ago

Kevin, the colored inserts look great. I personally think the "Hunt" inserts would have looked good clear.
Also could you think about Cointaker Premium 2s in the GIs. They distribute light very well.

#6510 6 years ago

Kevin, do you guys know yet which show your going to be able to Debut the final project? Like to make arrangements. Thanks

#6547 6 years ago

**Kevin - do you have a guess on which show you will debut the new model at?

#6550 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If things are this close, what would it take to get a Predator game to MGC in April?
That is the PERFECT show for the big debut and also not too far from you guys.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Louisville would be better/sooner.

#6552 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well 50% right ain't bad I suppose
It would also be further and WI is pretty much the awesome!

Never been there. Never had a reason. I'm sure its great.

#6556 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

now you have a reason
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
first beer is on me!

Thx Whys , Ill put some thought into it. Especially if Predators there.

2 weeks later
#6757 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Skit-B's 2nd machine should be Duke Nukem: Adult, Fun, Action. A cool theme that would fit perfectly next to Predator. Lots of Mod possibilities as there are cool Toys around. Man that would be cool and I think Nobody came up with the idea until now....

Yea i hear ya. The artwork on Predator reminds me of "Operation Wolf" Couldn't see it in a pinball but I through a lotta Quarters in that game

#6783 6 years ago

The wife wants a "Nightmare Before Christmas" Pin or Ferris Bueller

#6832 6 years ago
Quoted from cwell:

If so could we be seeing:
Planet of the Apes
Die Hard
Assassins Creed
Fantastic Four
Kung Fu Panda
I, Frankenstein
Max Payne
Young Guns
Porky's

It won't be "Planet of the Apes". That is gonna be Sterns 3rd release this year. Count on it!

#6847 6 years ago

EDIT > Sorry. Post was suppose to be a PM. Ohhh fudggge..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
$ 5.00
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside