View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4076 10 years ago

(flame suit on) I'm a Predator deposit down secured spot guy. I love what SkitB is trying to do which is why I'm supporting them. Looking at last pics....my gut is telling me to be careful, having doubts. Hoping someone can shoot a video of recent gameplay from the show.

The UV lighting with special paint illuminate on the playfield is one feature I was really pumped about. But recent pics of playfield - putting doubt in my mind on this feature strength. Just sharing thoughts out loud, talk me off the ledge.

#4091 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No pin is for everyone maybe no one should talk you off the ledge so another pinhead that wants on gets a shot at getting it.

When I make up my mind *if* I decide to bow out another pinhead will certainly get a shot as I know there is a line behind me. Trying to get others opinion who may be teetering like me. But thanks for trying to nudge me off the ledge over the cliff.

Quoted from jsalce:

I didn't take any video, but I was able to play a couple of games yesterday. I will say I love the cabinet art, I am not the biggest fan of the playfield art (don't hate it, just the style of art isn't my cup of tea), but the game is extremely fun to play.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Being more direct on my concerns, playfield art turned out not to be my cup of tea either. I played in Chicago on older proto (very cool ideas but was not playing right - which is ok still proto and directionally neat) but haven't seen recent video. UV lighting with smooth flowing play gets me over the hump.

Quoted from rai:

Still on the fence *for me* I am not in love with the PF artwork.

Same here. No offense intended to those who love it or the artist (whom I met and is a very cool and passionate guy).

#4098 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking at it and trying to form a more specific opinion..

Agree with pts you made. Trying to add some articulation on my side too. I spoke to the artist at Expo and I thought I recall his vision was all the main characters in the middle and below them was to be the arm of the Predator with his computer as focal point with explosions scattered around playfield. Now I see Predator head on right looking at a skull in his hand dripping with blood. While cool, why the arm computer then? His vision sold me as we would be looking over Predator's shoulder almost (my words not his). Again nothing horrible here, just trying to soak it in. Not sure how UV artwork will work now too with final coloring.

SkitB guys are awesome and no question they care. So please don't take posts wrong way. Just expressing my thoughts.

#4119 10 years ago

I didn't mean it in a bad way or to get your goat. Some of us won't be able to play it so we have to go with our gut about the look and play. If yours is telling you it isn't for you then you may not want someone to talk you out of it that is all I meant.

We're good The_Dude_abides. Appreciate your clarification. That's why I'm hoping for some more live video to further review "the gut".

Quoted from rommy:

BILLY! Come on , Billy!

Seriously, you can't really get a NIB pin for that price that is called Predator anywhere else.

Quoted from rommy:

back away from the ledge, head for the cake.

All good points Rommy. Cake sounds like a good idea right now. Yummy.

2 weeks later
#4404 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Keep hoping to open this and see a updated video with a more refined game and some freaking flow. Any chance we will see a video after next show? Want to send you more money badly but cannot till my worries are addressed.

+1 on video.

2 months later
#5123 10 years ago

OMG what a train wreck of a thread. Can a mod close this one down and start a new one that just covers updates. While the gifs are entertaining I'll never get back 2 hours it took to read this.

2 months later
#5871 10 years ago

I was at Expo as well and was looking forward to seeing/playing Predator. Really felt for the Skit team on the personal loss and game not working bad luck. I'm also pulling for these pinheads based on them being hobbyists like us and their passion for the silver ball.

My only comment is why wait for any "great reveals" at this point. Now is a time when they need to over communicate and show all. The competition just picked it up a notch and the battle for our wallet just amped up. Now is the time to show pics, video, final reveal. I really want to see the UV effect and by other posts so do most of you.

Totally pulling for the guys here - as are many. Talking to others on the show floor who are in on Predator, there was a big exhale based on what we saw/unable to see. Like to gasp in excitement at what is revealed sooner than later.

1 month later
#6352 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I would be pretty pissed if I paid like 12 large for a Big Bang Bar

Need to go a little more north on this one. Trust me - I know.

#6360 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm think the going rate is $20k-ish.

You are right. As crazy as it is they are selling for that amount - with competitive bidding. Crazy.

Ouch that is about 15000 too much IMO. I know you are probably right about that but I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Part rarity, part collectibility, part history and a lot of fun playing the game. It really is a great playing game with full featured modes, great theme, and black light done well with great glow effect. It absolutely is too expensive - but everyone who has played it so far loves it. Really try hard to strip away the "wow is that a BBB" from the evaluation but I know it still factors in. Oddly, Mr Remorse here doesn't have one single ounce of regret. Enjoying the hell out of it. In the end, that's all that matters. Sold AFM and MB to fund it. No regrets.

1 month later
#6616 10 years ago

Is there a link to the UV video? I'm 4 pages back and still can't find it.

#6619 10 years ago

Thank you my friend. Very cool UV!!

Since it's now 2014 - I'd like to request a new Predator thread. This one is a bear to get through. Happy New Year!

1 month later
#6986 10 years ago

Matt had to eat a lot of chicken wings to have that many bones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.