View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backalleymatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1823 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Any word from matt on the prototype toys? Did he ever come through?

Yep who do you think sculpted the skull

More to come guys just moved in to my new place and just got over being really sick. Now back to work!!!!

3 months later
#3161 11 years ago

Seeing as a picture of the body has finally been posted I think Kevin won't mind if I post the detail pics of them. The one on the game now is the first proto body. I am bringing with the final bodies tomorrow morning. Before anyone reads to much into that "bodies" means one for the game and one for Kevin to have in his hand to show people. See everyone tomorrow.

#3165 11 years ago

Few more shots

pred_body_side.jpgpred_body_side.jpg pred_body_back.jpgpred_body_back.jpg

#3175 11 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm...As long as were nit picking, me thinks the dead bodies should be a little more slimmer, more like dead decomposing bodies..the head some how does not mesh with the bodies too well...of they're to be hung upside down, then the arms should be closer together. Right now they look like they're surrendering.

As to slimming down the bodies, there was a reason why I did not do that. I wanted to body to be that of one of Arnolds team. Not the skinny villagers that where picked off. Seeing as Arnolds team where well built guys they would have more muscle.

As for the arms being closer I actually hung from some monkey bars and let my arms hang there while the wife took pics every time I hung upside down my arms went more straight, that of an I surrender upside down pose. For my hands to be closer I actually had to make my arms move if. This was not a natural pose. There by the arms where posed that way.

Also the fingers are all touching do to molding purposes. When u hang upside down your fingers are never touching like in the sculpt especially your thumb. But if I was to cast it with all open fingers it would be extremely pron to air bubbles when casting it.

Hope this clears some things up

#3180 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it also has to be beefy so it won't break easily.

Very true!!! First one I did was a full size skeleton body that was 4 inches tall and really skinny. It broke 3 out of 4 times coming out of the mold....LOL Not sure what I was thinking But this guy can take one hell of a hit.

#3195 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Since I'm such a nerd for this movie, and though like I said right before your post, the models DO look quite natural when hanging upside down (which I just tried and you're right), I can't resist pointing out that the skinned bodies hanging from the trees were Jim Hopper's team, not Ducth's and definitely not villagers. (A Predator wouldn't hunt skinny villagers in any case.)
Regardless, the look great!

lol good point
"A Predator wouldn't hunt skinny villagers in any case"

1 week later
#3621 11 years ago

I would be all in for a Rob Zombie Pin!!!!!

2 months later
#4819 10 years ago

Just a sneak peek of some of the thousands of parts being worked on for the game.

#4821 10 years ago

Forgot to resize it, let's try that again

claw_2.jpgclaw_2.jpg

#4839 10 years ago

Thanx Matt but hard for me to get excited over that, at my age I need a little more stimulation.....

LOL ok how about these pics. That's just 1 of the 25 parts that make up your spines for the game. All 250 spines are casted deflashed and getting final prep done to them. So that's 25x250=6250 parts That's gotta get the heart racing.
It's about given me a heart attack in making them all

pred_spine_part_1.jpgpred_spine_part_1.jpg

#4840 10 years ago

More pics coming soon, only so much I can show and the rest will have to come from Kevin, but rest assured the games moving along.

pred_spine_part_2.jpgpred_spine_part_2.jpg

1 month later
#5289 10 years ago

I'm hoping a topper is one of the surprises they have for us made by Matt of Back Alley Creations. Perhaps with a LED triangle to look like the Predator laser, fingers crossed.

Can't say anything on any surprises but Kevin did say I could post the pic of the paint job for the skull. Here you go......

pred_skull_in_blood.JPGpred_skull_in_blood.JPG

1 month later
#5505 10 years ago

Fresh ribs who's hungry?!?!?!

Working on something cool to go with the game......see you at expo

predator_spine.JPGpredator_spine.JPG

1 week later
#5561 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Back Alley Matt, can you give any clarification on the other spine you posted? Is it a one-of-a-kind piece just for the machine at expo next week? or will it come with all 250 machines? or will it be an extra decoration you can buy?

All will be revealed in just about 48 hours But here's something to look at......

predator.JPGpredator.JPG
3 months later
#6978 10 years ago

I know it's not a video of the game but on the plus side parts are just about all done.
All 250 bodies, skulls, spines and claws are all casted, deflashed and sanded. Now on to a huge bloody paint job

skulls pred.jpegskulls pred.jpeg pred lot 2.jpegpred lot 2.jpeg pred lot.jpegpred lot.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backalleymatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=backalleymatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.