View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3610 11 years ago

I had to give love to Skit-B!

(I've been happy to see how many Pinsiders are Ars readers lately though.)

1 month later
#4331 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

lol. I honestly can't tell the difference in either picture.

arniebna.gifarniebna.gif

#4334 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Aurich- Thanks!
It's a little bit hypnotizing.

Yeah, I stared at that myself a little too long after making it. It's like he was dancing to the music I had on.

#4353 10 years ago

I deleted your dupes, Pinballdad.
I couldn't tell too much of a difference on Arnold either, until Aurich made him dance. Now I kinda want to put some music to it and stare at it for a bit.

arniedance.gifarniedance.gif

#4467 10 years ago

How did someone thumbs down that post? Please tell me your finger slipped.

1 month later
#4894 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

Spend your time grabbing a limited edition Deadly Spawn poster!

https://www.mondotees.com/The-Deadly-Spawn_p_1054.html

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#5324 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Here's a cool Predator print. Don't know how long it will be available. #34
http://www.mondotees.com/Hunter_p_1151.html

Heh, I was coming into this thread to post that very link. Now that's what the translite should look like.

1 month later
#5788 10 years ago

It's working at least somewhat now.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5792 10 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

Any video of the game play at the show?

All I had time for was that pic, heading to airport now.

#5836 10 years ago

Kevin looked so focused that I didn't even want to stop him to introduce myself, but then he stopped what he was doing to look up and say something nice to a small child who was obviously getting ready to grow up to be a pinhead. No real point to my story I guess, but I imagine it's stressful to have your game on the floor not working like you know it should, and he seemed to be handling it like a champ.

#5853 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

When you were gone Saturday a group of pre-order people walked over to your game, rigged up a high power UV lighting source, and put it directly onto the playfield. I was nearby when it happened so I filmed it. And yes, I was truly hoping to see something awesome.
We saw nothing.

No offense, but your picture makes it look like you were above the glass. Did you consider that it was probably filtering out the UV light?

Edit: Damn you Vid!!

#5886 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I agree. I really like the whole cabinet except the red armor. Maybe you have to see it in person.

I thought it looked great in person for what it's worth. Looked natural.

#5936 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Ya I seen it. I'm just getting anxious is all. An update about an update doesn't really do it for me

Hopefully they can get up a video before I manage to send you your damn translite.

#5948 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I really like the red. I bet it looks even better in person.

I thought the red looked great in person.

#5963 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

The apron on Sonic the Hedgehog is a doofy plastic one, but the one for Predator is definitely metal and has a bit of a texture to it. It's also the same overall size as most any other apron, so I think the funky look is just the angle of the photo.

It's more than just the angle, it has no cards in that shot, and there are no triangle shaped screened images on it either, and we're used to seeing both break up the surface of the apron into parts, instead of just one whole mass.

#5973 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

No offense but wouldn't have been nice to see different shades of camo green as the side rails... lock bar and legs....

Yuck. The red looks great in person, what you're suggesting sounds gross.

#5982 10 years ago

For the record if anyone has a potato that can take WMV I would like to see it too.

#6065 10 years ago

I just assumed the ramps were still prototypes, and that that final ones would look like normal clear ones that games have always had. Hopefully that's true, and that whole part is a non issue.

I like the jungle plastics. Feels immersive. As I said before, armor looks great in person. Wish I could have seen it play at Expo, but the video was helpful, the sound and animation really look like they're clicking right. That's no small feat, that's super important stuff that's hard to get right.

If you don't like the teal pops just swap them, I'm sure it's standard hardware. 3 red pop tops, some red LEDs, and you can have your predator laser sight. Cost you $30 and you can move on.

I've been feeling super stressed just over getting my Shadow translites out to people a week late, I can only imagine Kevin wants this to be all ready and good to go, but you gotta take the time to do what's right. I'm not a buyer, just someone who thinks it's a great project, hope to see and play a final machine some day.

#6074 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

My doors always open.

Hit you up on my "Aurich visits his translites world tour".

#6115 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

"When shooting fluorescent effects, you’ll need much more light—a much brighter effect, in other words—than you would for a live audience. Human eyes are much more sensitive to the fluorescent effect than film."

That's funny, because I took a shot with some UV LEDs the other night where the effect on the fluorescent Saturn flipper rubbers was way more pronounced in the photo than in person. I wish they really glowed that much!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6196 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I think this might be good, I think the middle playfield inserts should be colored because its supposed to be the Predator's forearm device, which is all technologically advanced, definitely wouldnt have khaki

Actually what would be awesome IMHO is if the inserts in the forearm computer were inverted, so print dark on them to match the art around, with the text part left clear to light up. That's what the movie's computer looked like, dark squares with red alien writing lit up on them.

2 weeks later
#6289 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but the announcement of a new "limited" edition over in WOZ land begs the question: Will Skit-B continue to make Predators (of any shape, color, LE, Premium, Classic, Super-Tri-Laser Edition, etc) or is it 250 and that's that, on to game 2?

I was under the impression that their license agreement limited the number, and they couldn't make more if they wanted to. I could be wrong though!

1 month later
3 weeks later
#6719 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

They had a Solar Fox at Expo.... didn't see Sonic though.

Sonic was at Expo.

#6760 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Regarding the "homebrew" comments about Predator. I gotta say that when I first saw the playfield layout, it struck me that way as well.

IMHO it's really been about the prototype ramps. If the finals looks like polished, professional plastics it's gonna make a world of difference.

#6836 10 years ago

I predict the Robocop remake will be as good as the Total Recall remake.

#6839 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Haven't you seen the DUI tie-ins? Total Recall didn't even have those!

Haha no, I've missed that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.