View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4488 10 years ago

Kevin,

Is that DMD in the prototype at the Allentown show the final production DMD? I was told be Steven that the new Vishay LED DMD would virtually eliminate the grid-line problem, and judging by the video, that clearly isn't the case.

#4493 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

i had heard they were going with a color lcd dmd

My email from skit b when they were asking for the deposit money, in response to my question about this, stated that they were using the Vishay models, so unless something has changed since then, I think that's what they are using. Unfortunately, to my eyes, this LED DMD is no better than the modern Stern LE LED DMD's when it comes to grid lines.

Follow-up question. Would we even be able to stick a standard DMD in there, or is the power not available? Would colorDMD be an option as well? If so, it would be great to gt this as an option from he beginning.

#4505 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

ColorDMD will probably work for whatever color you want but don't expect to ever have full color on Predator.

Yeah, I don't expect them to go full color on it, but I also don't think it's a guarantee that colorDMD will work. For example, I have a DESW, and I don't believe a ColorDMD would fit in that speaker panel as designed, but I could be wrong. If it could work, I would much prefer the option of them installing it for me during assembly for a $1-200 up-charge, rather than having to spend $400 on an aftermarket thing and trying to recoup my costs by selling my regular LED DMD. I know that is asking a lot, and I don't expect it to happen, but I am also not happy about claims being made to me about the DMD that at the present time they don't look like they can deliver on. I view a DMD having visible gridlines to be a far inferior product to a traditional DMD, even with the improved brightness/colors, etc.

I of course allow for the fact that I could be wrong, and am misinterpreting something. I would just like some clarification on it.

4 months later
#5801 10 years ago

My question is, why spend time on Sonic the Hedgehog pin if predator wasn't ready?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=Sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.