View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#357 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Edited previous post. You'll find out why within the next few hours

Well I'm on pins and neddles now...

#359 11 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Whole PF pic instead???

My guess as well. Such drama...Such suspense...

#364 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

It was 3 shots from the same artist, one of the pics appeared in the other big thread awhile back that everyone liked at the time. Does anyone remember the artist name on them?

Steve Goad maybe??

#372 11 years ago

Edited previous post. You'll find out why within the next few hours

Is 6 hours a few enough???

#387 11 years ago

Shirt ordered, I'm now officially into this game for 25 bucks.

#432 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not on Fb either. Glad to see our numbers growing .

What's Facebook...

2 weeks later
#843 11 years ago

nope, didn't get it.

...not sitting in SPAM either.

#858 11 years ago

Finally came in about 5am. Now, what to inscribe???

#875 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I did get #13. But I think I am actually somewhere like the 4th or 5th in line.
My inscription hasn't changed: "Stolen from Carl Weathers"

Gambit if you're 5th in line it looks like Kevin might have gone down the list in order when entering the email addresses. Seems I remember Drano saying he was 3rd and he is listed 3rd in the address field.

#979 11 years ago

I'm not sure how many characters can go on the plate, but I really doubt the whole line from Long Tall Sally will fit in there.

Will the plaque be removable or permanently attached? I'm pretty sure what I want inscribed but not sure I want it there when my kids are around. If it is going to be permanent I might have to go another route.

#981 11 years ago

I will admit that hearing that they were considering using an overlay for the playfield was a BIG let down.

#996 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

These guys are pinheads after all y'all. No way they are going to use a "decal" for playfield art.

man I hope not!! direct ink maybe but playing on a sticker is not making a game by players for players.

#999 11 years ago

Wow! I guess this is a big drawback to sharing information as it develops...

You shouldn't look at our opinions as a drawback. You should look at it as a constructive criticism or valid concern. I want this to be a successful venture, but the idea of the word "overlay" brings to mind very bad thoughts. Maybe I jumped the gun to call it a sticker but in my mind an overlay is a sticker (especially in the world of pinball). If it is a formica derivative the I would call it a laminate.

In the end this entire project is blind faith by us, your customers. I've committed to a purchase and barring anything egregious I will follow through with my purchase. Remember you can't make all of us happy and somebody will always not like something but I, with blind faith, hope for a great product.

-Marc

1 month later
#1571 11 years ago

Why do you guys that demand updates feel the Skit B team is obligated to do this for you? I want my game just as fast as anybody but hounding them does what good? They have been more than forth coming with information. Hell, Kevin maybe sitting behind is computer with a shit eating grin every time someone post for more, more, more...you have my money...blah, blah , blah (I know I would but I have a skewed since of humor). It will be done when it get done.

#1580 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

This is not a," It will be done when it get done" event. Lol...I hope you are kidding. It is a business transaction now because money has shifted hands. There surely needs to be some reasonable delivery of updates in a timely manner going forward. Not just it gets done when it's done lol.

^^^ Something you should have considered before plunking down your money. And yes I was serious, done when it's done. They have a whole $250 of my money, big deal. If they disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

#1587 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I am only saying that Skit is running a business now. hopefully a business that he wishes to succeed and be around awhile. Prioritizing public forum posts may be in the best interest in reaching that goal.

You do realize that the majority of businesses in this hobby are stemmed from hobbyist that turn their passion into tax numbers? It's not like you are dealing with the big box store down the street, just my opinion but I'd cut them some slack. These guys are in their infancy with their company, lots to learn I'm sure. Now if they hang in there for measurable amount of time past this project maybe some complaining is in order but not at this point.

1 week later
#1770 11 years ago

That is kewl!!!

1 week later
#2038 11 years ago

Had a gift on the door step.

predator_T.jpgpredator_T.jpg

1 month later
#2477 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just don't have it be on April 1 or we will all call BS. LOL. I'm hoping they make it out to the TPF!!!!

Nope, aint gonna happen. Got an email from Kevin today saying they won't be there. Oh, I have so much I would love to write in this thread, I'm not really drinking the Skit-B koolaide anymore. I still feel Predator will be great but Skit-B REALLY needs to get there shit together as a company.

#2479 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Care to enlighten us?

Nope. It's nothing egregious...just not a happy camper.

#2482 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Interesting post....If your not drinking it anymore, what do you plan on doing?

Still think the game will be great. Innovative with the UV ink. No change of plans whats-so-ever, still game #32 with build #69. Just lowering the fan boy flag, nothing more.

#2483 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

as the name suggests, they are some kids in a basement.

yep

#2489 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

you would cut them some slack for whatever perceived grievance you have.

Uh, nope.

Quoted from shootar:

So if you were expecting a multinational company you'll be disappointed.

I was and am fully aware that they are not this and is has no relevance with my concerns.

#2493 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you REALLY need to get your shit together if anything.
Either spill the beans with what your issues are or go piss in somebody else's Cheerios. All this passive aggressive hinting towards some major issue is BS.
Either man up and specifically state what your issues all of a sudden are or admit you are just trying to troll. As of right now, most of are assuming the latter since your claims have NO DETAILS and NO Substance.

Far from trolling I can assure you, passive agressive I will conceed. I also realized that it would be an unpopular post prior to hitting send. I've got thick skin so telling me to man up as you put it doesn't really motivate me. <edited>

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Inappropriate material edited.

#2494 11 years ago

My opinon that like it or not I'm entitleed to. Done on the subject.

1 month later
#3076 11 years ago

Reminds me of Data East art.

#3526 11 years ago

As far as art it doesn't blow me away. I have no art background so no constructive criticism to add, I was just hoping for more of an R rated feel. Something I wouldn't want my 7 year old playing. The current art just doesn't hit that more adult oriented theme I envisioned when they were touting the profanity in the sound quotes.

#3573 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I spoke with Ivan the Allentown promoter and he has not herd from u guys yet. He said space is limited and needs to here from you guy soon.

This makes me laugh. Vaguely familiar (or very familiar) when they said (multiple times and not just on Pinside) they were coming to TPF. I'd hold my bets.

3 weeks later
#4009 10 years ago

I still don't get why the cab art and pf art are so polar opposite. Looks like the same theme with different design ideas, just doesn't look cohesive. Go with the realistic cab art or the cartoony pf art, can't be both.

1 month later
#4601 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

At this point i am most excited about the UV paint and how it will look.
Skit B insert demo video below please

This is all that has me hanging on and it's by a thin thread. Game thus far is really not what I thought it would be from all the talk early on. I might be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath and it this juncture any excitement I had early on is pretty well gone.

1 month later
#4871 10 years ago

I'm not nervous, they only have $250 of my money which is a nominal risk. I will say that I am glad that I am not in the early part of the build order. I should be able to see exactly what the finished product will be and more importantly to me how it is supported. My biggest concern (out side of the game being good) is how Skit-B will support the product. When I repeatedly see post (and experienced it myself) of Kevin not responding to emails it makes me wonder how things will be after the game is delivered and issues come up. Will I be able to get support from the manufacturer? I think it is a valid concern.

#4895 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

Does it not give you pause that they can't even satisfy T-shirt orders? That has nothing to do with waiting for a game, it reflects on their ability to run a business.

#4919 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Let’s have a little more patience with the updates. The Skit-b team has been completely humble and up front about what they are doing and when (down to what shows they will be attending).

^^^ A perfect example. I have an email from Kevin saying he was going to attend TPF and to please help him get on touch with the organizers. Got him in touch with the organizers, gave him multiple options to get the game to Texas and he flat flaked. Not flaked by just changing his mind (that would have been cool), nope he just flat ignored emails and then a month later after we gave up on him he sends some "dog ate my home work" blah blah blah whatever email.

I don't really care about updates, I care that if you say you are going to do something that you do it. If I ever get a game great, if I loose $250 whatever. Just from my personal experiences with them I wish they had their shit together better.

3 weeks later
#5181 10 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I would also like an update. This was a community game and we have been involved from the beginning, It has been fun to see the progress and interact with the team. The lack of basic updates really slows down the excitement. Another positive aspect of updates is the improved final product from collaboration such as changing the skull and fixing Arnold's arm. I would like to see the plastics as they are being designed and know the current status of the machine. I don't expect them to rush it or give any specific dates but I do miss the involvement along the way.
A quick weekly status update would only take a half hour at most and would go a long way towards keeping the community involved.

Kevin said a few pages ago they'd have some shipping BEFORE Expo this year so you should see a finished product within a couple of months. I'll be surprised if they even have a finished proto by Expo.

1 week later
#5192 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

...since large deposits have not been asked for. Who knows how many more will drop out at that stage?

If this happens I'm out. The original concept was half at production and half at delivery. I won't do a deposit anymore than the $250 they already have (which is also a deviation from what they originally said).

2 weeks later
#5303 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Skull is awesome. I wish the playfield art was consistent with the pieces. The game feels like it has a split personality.

i wish i couldn't agree more.

#5356 10 years ago

One of my other hobbies is bikes and right now I'm on the Buell kick. This showed up for sale the other day just outside of Dallas. The guy swapped out his fly screen for what looks like a Predator mask. Predator is showing up everywhere.

Buell_Predator.jpeg_m.jpgBuell_Predator.jpeg_m.jpg

2 weeks later
#5390 10 years ago

Hope the "big update" is more impressive than the website relaunch.

#5415 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(Predator) This is a BIG reason I am even going to expo this year!

The customs are also THE reason Chicago is getting some of my money come October.

3 weeks later
#5512 10 years ago

I hope the playfield art will be able to keep up with what Matt has showed us here, that spine looks awesome!

1 week later
#5554 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

This is going to be one hot game in 2015 , can't wait to play it

Such a backhanded compliment.

#5646 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Fattrain, Get us the "get right" (pics and videos of Predator) or keep going East after the Expo.

You can't get what is not here.

#5662 10 years ago

IMG_00000379.jpgIMG_00000379.jpg
#5666 10 years ago

IMG_00000383.jpgIMG_00000383.jpg IMG_00000384.jpgIMG_00000384.jpg IMG_00000382.jpgIMG_00000382.jpg IMG_00000382-174.jpgIMG_00000382-174.jpg
#5668 10 years ago

IMG_00000386.jpgIMG_00000386.jpg
#5671 10 years ago

Kevin said the UV layer is present but is not the final iteration.

#5674 10 years ago

I will say that while I'm still not a fan of the art package as a whole and I still feel there is a disconnect between the cab, playfield, and toys the playfield art on its own is not disappointing.

#5684 10 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

It looks like all of the inserts are clear..... Does this mean RGB LEDs?

Definitely not clear.

1 week later
#6007 10 years ago

email is not Skit-Bs strong suit.

What is??? No really.

I went to Expo to see and play Predator. Nothing that was promised happened.

Maybe when Kevin posts the video tonight

I'll take that bet.

3 months later
#6964 10 years ago

The Texas Pinball Festival has posted on their Facebook page that Predator will be at the 2014 TPF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=Marc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.