View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrStarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#261 11 years ago

Welp, sent an email to see if I can get on the list. I was sold with that last video. Can't wait to check it out at Expo.

#267 11 years ago

Just got confirmation tonight from Kevin! Got a preorder! No number yet, but I had no preference

#280 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Out of the 2 fiddy, I wonder how many are going to Pinside Members?

Id bet a pretty large number. But does that say something about Predator, or does that say something about pinside?

IE would that be a result of heavy Predator pimping on pinside, or do most serious collectors congregate on pinside.

3 weeks later
#847 11 years ago

yeah, no email for me yet.

2 weeks later
#1295 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I can't think of game that has dot matrix that doesn't have a video mode(I havn't played any new Sterns)

I big chunk of the Sterns.

#1349 11 years ago

the Paypal method is just so easy. Deposit is paid and everything is cool. I am a little sad that Paypal will get a cut of this cash though. I want SkitB to get every sent they deserve.

2 weeks later
#1688 11 years ago

This thread needs to be abandoned. We did get some info from Kevin, but its blown out the window immediately. It would be impossible for someone who doesn't live on pinside to get the info they want about Predator.

VKaWX.gifVKaWX.gif

2 weeks later
#1863 11 years ago

Turned on the 2010 Predators movie tonight. Like it MUCH better than Predator 2

#1975 11 years ago

I wasn't going to say anything because its not a huge deal, but whats the general consensus about Arnold's face? I didnt think it looked like him at first, then I did, then I wondered if it was a likeness rights issue and its close enough.

#2023 11 years ago

I watched Firefly when it was originally broadcast. Been a fan ever since. But how about Predator GUYS? what is the possibility of a Alien Xenomorph skull being hidden somewhere in the art?

#2029 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Get sued like space invaders?

its got precedence! its in the trophy room in Predator 2. Just wishful thinking.

#2042 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any thought of rearranging for bulk shipping to the same region for us to pickup?

Say, for us in Florida, there are 6 buyers. One shipment same time of 6 machines to save lots of dollars, and we can pick up?

This idea does have some advantages. I happen to own a 25' truck in Michigan for instance (family owned trucking company), I already was planning on picking mine up and spending the weekend with my family. I could go and pick up any Chicago area people's orders all at once and save everyone shipping.

The other side of this is that it does bork the production orders, amongst other logistic concerns.

#2046 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wanna pick mine up also?

Id love to! But as it stands right now its not practical. I could grab a truck-full for less than whatever it would take get them from there to here presumably. But it only works if the production order is altered. First to order, first to receive is in a perfect world a wonderful idea. But practically there could be better options. I think thats why JJP is shipping WOZs out grouped by destination.

#2064 11 years ago

OK! Sounds like group shipping may be possible, so we can keep that in mind moving forward. Best not to plan anything until game start shipping, but its something to think about.

1 week later
#2146 11 years ago

Yeah! No more comic sans! Still not a huge fan of the font, but a huge improvement from a designer's perspective. Love the lighting changes!

#2194 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are we realistically looking at around Christmas time?

Last I remember, they wanted to START shipping by the end of spring. That always seemed a little ambitious for me though. Id bet assembly will probably take around a 8-9 months to make and ship these out one they start.

1 week later
#2262 11 years ago

Whooooooooaaaaaaa

2 weeks later
#2333 11 years ago

I don't want them to feel locked into a specific date, and then be dissapointed if they miss deadlines. We have seen that before in the recent past and nobody likes that.

375 degrees, put in oven, remove when golden brown or juice runs clear.

2 weeks later
#2589 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

So those who are recently added to the wait list could potentially be shut out? uggh

Also, these may pop up down the road for sale as people make room for other games. Not the end of the world. Just expect to pay 10k!

#2601 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Has anyone seen the 2010 reboot "Predators"? Thoughts? Reviews seem mixed, though I can't imaging a Predator movie having widespread critical appeal.

I like it. Has that Predator feel that the Danny Glover sequel and the VS movies lacked. Its not perfect, but its a super fun ride.

#2608 11 years ago

AvP2 is atrocious.

#2623 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

about 30 people we haven't yet heard back from.

Thats actually not bad. Thats only almost 11%. I wonder what the other new pinball companies pre-order retention rate is?

2 weeks later
#2739 11 years ago

grapevine says BIG updates and reveals at the Michigan Pinball Expo next month.

#2793 11 years ago

Im half entertaining the thought of going to MPE. Depends on how work works out next week. My Mom lives about a half hour away.

#2797 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You guys should both go and form a team for pinbrawl on Saturday!

Yeah, I saw that. You got a partner already/plan on doing it?

1 week later
#3275 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ough to tell without it populated though, maybe that's why the upper looks the way it does...maybe the group of characters should be much larger and less blue and explosions?

I think that upper area with explosions will be were the pop bumpers are and make sense. Im gonna say wait til its populated before you critique that. But I can see why everyone is complaining about the shoulders. Try to replicate that body contortion with yourself and something gun sized, it looks off I think because it looks un-natural.

#3277 11 years ago

I also want to point out nobody here has seen the UV layer yet. Wanna get my eyes on that.

#3286 11 years ago

WHAT!!!! Awesome!

#3429 11 years ago

New video game(with 80s flavor) starring Michael Biehn is coming out and it starts with a Predator reference.

#3456 11 years ago

Adjustments are happening very quickly. I woke up to this on my phone this morning:

NOW THATS a skull.

#3466 11 years ago

With that in mind, I urge you to take a look at the playfield posted above and voice all concerns now. We have to send this out to get a proper print on a real playfield very soon!

Overall I feel like I love the playfield more than most, but some things I would love to see altered:

-Some sort of motion blur on the Helicopter blades.
-Dutch's shoulders or general pose altered to look more natural
-A little more foliage on Jesse Ventura's left to cover that the rest of his gun is missing
-Slight darkening of the background colors. Not out of control but just a slight adjustment.

Really, you guys are hitting it out of the park. The fact you let us have input like this is amazing. Thanks again!

#3469 11 years ago

Ok, somebody with a little insight, please help me on this. What is wrong with the shoulder? I don't get it, and I need to pass this information along detailed.

To me, it seems his body is twisted in an unnatural way where his back shoulder is back so far that on top of perspective it is being hidden a bit by the rest of his body. It makes him look like that guy who only works out on one side of his body in Lady in the Water. phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpegphpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpeg

#3586 11 years ago

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

would rather see this that a music game!

1 week later
#3803 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still personally hope that there is ZERO talk form Skit-B about title #2 untill we all have Predator in our hands.

I hear that. Also, in advance preparation that Predator becomes the smash hit we hope it will be(and Game 2 will have as much advance buzz as Metallica after ACDC)... Do those who bought a Predator have first crack at Game 2?

#3811 10 years ago

I don't care about numbers, just the kismet of having the same number for multiple games. It would be cool, but definitely not worth paying extra for.

#3957 10 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

The second pin is Hellboy. Write it down.

oh man... IF ONLY. Hellboy is my hands down favorite comic character.

#3970 10 years ago

I liked both Hellboy movies, but I prefer the second one. Feels more like Del Toro got to do what he want, with less studio intervention (the Meyers character).

3 weeks later
#4442 10 years ago

I think Im most excited right now about the software and rules. So far it sounds like a game for anybody who ever complained about Ropp style rule-sets. Im not the biggest fan of the art either guys, but its definitely going to be a different voice than we have heard in pinball the past 13 years.

Love my Stern games. But there is definitely a Stern 'formula' that each game is only allowed to break 1 or 2 rules of on any game.

Skit-B is a niche/boutique setup. They aren't here to sell units (the best game is our current game!) They are pulling something together with a much smaller budget than WOZ. They shouldn't be compared to either company or their games.

Its not a flipper's game, sorry. Which is why you don't see most of the more virulent pinside members in this thread....

1 month later
#4852 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

LOL ok how about these pics. That's just 1 of the 25 parts that make up your spines for the game. All 250 spines are casted deflashed and getting final prep done to them. So that's 25x250=6250 parts That's gotta get the heart racing.
It's about given me a heart attack in making them all

Matt, how did you sculpt the spine? Did you use a real skeleton for reference, or did you have some other method?

3 months later
#5596 10 years ago

I thought their presentation was Friday?

You guys waiting to see pictures from the floor?

#5910 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can I switch my number to 69 please. That was my original request, followed by 250.

I think #69 was A LOT of our first requests.

#5919 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The bidding shall start at Eleventy Dollars!

I bid eleventy one!

#5950 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Two things:
1) Anyone else having troble seeing the picture that Kevin posted? I'm getting a 403.
2) Has there ever been an explanation about that mondo huge apron? Is that a virtual cabinet thing? I think the Sonic deal next to it had the same one. Or, is this just a me getting older thing and it only looks way bigger than usual.

1)Picture loads fine for me.

2) Yeah thats a big apron. Maybe we could put a jungle sticker or decal on it or something.

#5952 10 years ago

Video coming soon. Here's a nice after-midnight shot with the whole game all lit up. Cell phone quality, but still looks nice

Looks great! Is there any chance you have a schedule of the other events you will be at in the next year? I was really hoping to have some time with the game in its near-final form before I pony up the full moneys and obviously didn't get the chance I was looking forward to at expo.

#6066 10 years ago

are these the final inserts? I swore earlier versions had colored inserts and I feel like these look plain or unfinished.

edit: on rewatching the video I see the inserts are nuetral colored while the LEDs are colored. Are these color changing LEDs like WOZ?

#6194 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The khaki inserts are growing on me I must admit. What about khaki for all the circles but some color on the center inserts?

this is what Im hoping for too.

#6207 10 years ago

I dont know if this has been suggested before or maybe its actually in the game. But I just thought about this... a 'Get to the Choppah!' hurry-up. I think that would be hilarious.

2 weeks later
#6348 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Unsure about this, as America's most haunted's theme is bit similar...without the licence.

But the license is so awesome! Put head to head a licensed ghostbusters game would be preferable to an unlicensed one.

4 weeks later
#6440 10 years ago

See! I told you guys colored inserts would look bomb!

#6527 10 years ago

Wow. Blown away. Great job guys.

2 weeks later
#6666 10 years ago

there isn't one to my knowledge

#6671 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I certainly hope not.

I dunno, some dudes could be into that. rule #34

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule+34

#6781 10 years ago

My initial thought on the 2nd game was Die Hard also.

#6843 10 years ago

Can't wait for this game to come out. BTW all Chicago-centric buyers (and SE Wisconsin) Im still playing with the idea of working out some sort of group shipping. My family owns a moving company in MI and Im sure me and my dad could load up a dozen or so games in the truck and get them from there to here for a reasonable price.

Ill figure it out more once the production schedule starts.

1 week later
#6917 10 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I'm also unsure of who this 9th Goonie is.

YOU ARE! IN THE NEW GAME FROM SKIT-B!

3 weeks later
#7086 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hmm the display looks different. Did they go back to gas plasma?

I believe they are still LED but a new/different design. I think I remember them being unhappy with the number of levels of grey they could achieve with the old display.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrStarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread?tu=DrStarkweather and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.