Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 143.
#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that's why I was always skeptical of the boutique run pins. Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that anyone would take on such a challenge ...but if Jack is barely getting finished games out the door 2 years out, the timeframe for SkitB & Jpop getting finished/working games out is looking like 3-5 years, IMO. I might not even be into collecting pinballs anymore at that point lol....that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Predator.

Did you get your $250 back?

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

We probably would have heard about it if he didn't.

Besides, my guess would be that he dropped out even before they asked for a deposit.

#4903 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I might not even be into collecting pinballs anymore at that point lol....that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Predator.

The hell you say, pinball is a way of life, may the pinball gods smite you down with quick drains and no extra balls.

On a side note it is difficult to wait for this pin. I still think Skit-B can do it and release the game by the first of the year. Once a single game is finished 100% then it should be a lot smoother sailing. Since they are only making 250 and they have people doing different parts of the build it should move along at a good rate.

#4904 6 years ago

The skit-b site is back up, with a message saying they'll be back soon.

As a professional web-developer, I can say the message displayed before was Skit-B simply forgetting to pay the DNS registrar bill. When DNS bills lapse, the owner usually repoints the site to a domain they own, boasting spam and other promotional type materials.

I'm going to be optimistic here and say "Skit-B was too busy producing Predator that they forgot to pay the hosting bill".

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Is this going to be fairly straightforward? Are they using an existing board or creating their own?
I know JJP has a mix of a custom driver board and an "off the shelf" CPU.

Predator runs on a P-ROC based control system. This system has been around for a couple years now in various machines and the driver boards they run are tested and are modularized to ease repairs, lower costs, etc. (The boards are modular and can be placed next to components to eliminate the need for long wire runs). This is not about re-inventing the wheel.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that's why I was always skeptical of the boutique run pins. Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that anyone would take on such a challenge ...but if Jack is barely getting finished games out the door 2 years out, the timeframe for SkitB & Jpop getting finished/working games out is looking like 3-5 years, IMO. I might not even be into collecting pinballs anymore at that point lol....that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Predator.

I'm sorry to see you dropped out of Predator. However there's a bit of a difference there. P-ROC is not just a board, its representative of an entire pinball system. When SkitB decided to run with P-ROC, they didn't have to spend time engineering control boards or complex software systems. The P-ROC has a game framework that makes it relatively easy to get your game ideas (no matter how complex) out into the game and test. The opposite being that JJP decided to build everything from the ground up. Arguably, there are pros and cons to both approaches. However, I will say that Predator was able to deliver much of the functionality that you see out the gate. I hardly think software is a huge delay when it comes to SkitB since I've seen what people can do when they write games with our stuff (CCC for example).

Either way, its good to see new folks in pinball. Also, I wouldn't worry about having to have a tower to run the machine

#4906 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I am certainly not encouraging dropping out. I met the guys at MPE over two years and thought they were really cool. I really liked what they were doing.

Like I mentioned in a previous thread, tying up $6500 for two years while watching the trials and tribulations of JJP has not been too much fun. I guess I am just not built with the risk tolerance of others.

I really hope this machine turns out great.

#4907 6 years ago

I decided to drop out right when they called me for a deposit.

At the end of the day, I probably WOULD buy a boutique run game if it was a theme I was super into (Lebowski!). I was never really into Predator, and watching gameplay videos cemented that the project wasn't really doing anything for me so, why not let someone else enjoy #42.

Well, I am certainly not encouraging dropping out. I met the guys at
MPE over two years and thought they were really cool.

Yeah, again - anyone who takes on an endeavor like this is cool in my book. I talked to Gerry (P3) at PPE a bunch and he's the nicest guy ever...and I think P3 is incredible...but even w/ that one, I don't have it in me to put money down on it before it's finished or closer to being finished. I love the platform but I'm not a fan of what I've seen of the art direction so far...so - time will tell.

#4908 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At the end of the day, I probably WOULD buy a boutique run game if it was a theme I was super into (Lebowski!). I was never really into Predator, and watching gameplay videos cemented that the project wasn't really doing anything for me so, why not let someone else enjoy #42.

Yep, gotta get and play what you love!

#4909 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cool, thanks. Just curious...

#4910 6 years ago

Big discussion about all this stuff at Allentown. Tough to give a date as they saw the shitstorm with JJP. ANYTHING they say will be taken as gospel and the crap will flow ONE DAY after the projected date. Saying they are hoping for this year is good enough for me.

#4911 6 years ago

Oh ye of little faith. I'm still with you all Skit-B and happy to be early in the production line. I know it is tough to give estimates on when a game will be delivered. But could you maybe start by providing an (non-optimistic) estimate on when the first totally complete pin will come to fruition?

#4912 6 years ago

Just experiencing the "birth" of JJP and waiting for my game over the past couple of years makes the hair on the back of my neck raise straight up when thinking about Predator. The delays, factory setup, code development, initial prototype issues, and now games trickling out 26 months later just show you what it takes to get a game built, boxed, and shipped.

Me too.........

#4913 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

I agree with that Ted! Sounds like what we said for 2 1/2 yrs with Woz and if people don't want to go through that again then I'd say get out now and save yourself the agony or stick it out and reeeelax, cause it will be a similar journey....

#4914 6 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

As a professional web-developer, I can say the message displayed before was Skit-B simply forgetting to pay the DNS registrar bill.

I would normally fully agree with this, but about one day before the site went down they said it was going to go down for a bit as they were changing something . . . not sure what they were changing, but they knew beforehand it was coming down.

#4915 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say get out now and save yourself the agony or stick it out and reeeelax, cause it will be a similar journey....

My opinion is that it will NOT be a similar journey. I don't think we will be waiting 2 1/2 years for Predator. This is not WOZ, as stated somewhere above...

#4916 6 years ago

I would really be surprised if a machine wasn't ready by the end of the year. (and don't say which year!)

#4917 6 years ago

UGH!! All these posts w/ no update..... SHAME PONIES!!!

#4918 6 years ago

Let’s have a little more patience with the updates. The Skit-b team has been completely humble and up front about what they are doing and when (down to what shows they will be attending). They mentioned the site would be down for a bit while they redesigned it. I understand people are ready to pounce but to date, nothing has been a surprise.

// Error: Image 115324 not found //

#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Let’s have a little more patience with the updates. The Skit-b team has been completely humble and up front about what they are doing and when (down to what shows they will be attending).

^^^ A perfect example. I have an email from Kevin saying he was going to attend TPF and to please help him get on touch with the organizers. Got him in touch with the organizers, gave him multiple options to get the game to Texas and he flat flaked. Not flaked by just changing his mind (that would have been cool), nope he just flat ignored emails and then a month later after we gave up on him he sends some "dog ate my home work" blah blah blah whatever email.

I don't really care about updates, I care that if you say you are going to do something that you do it. If I ever get a game great, if I loose $250 whatever. Just from my personal experiences with them I wish they had their shit together better.

#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Oh ye of little faith. I'm still with you all Skit-B and happy to be early in the production line. I know it is tough to give estimates on when a game will be delivered. But could you maybe start by providing an (non-optimistic) estimate on when the first totally complete pin will come to fruition?

Be careful what you wish for when it comes to asking for any types of dates weather optimistic or not. When you have money invested (yes, you are an investor) in a startup company like a JJP or SkitB, its extremely hard to be critical and supportive at the same time as the whole situation can spin in another direction real quick.

I can tell you that the honeymoon gets over real fast once the first date is missed, no matter how small of an update promised. This is when true faith in a company and its product are tested....

#4921 6 years ago

I agree. That does sound a little flakey and so does not sending the t-shirts out to people who paid. People will give them some slack for those things. I'd rather them not have their shit together for little things like that then to completely implode like Wayne or start missing due dates repeatedly.

Even though I'm on the pre-order for the game and in for $250 I still feel like a positive observer. I want them to succeed but theres almost no skin off my nose right now. A majority of the pre-orders are probably in this boat. If more $$$ is invested dates are missed it would be a big red flag but right now it's like waiting for Christmas to come with the big reveal.

Quoted from Marc:

^^^ A perfect example. I have an email from Kevin saying he was going to attend TPF and to please help him get on touch with the organizers. Got him in touch with the organizers, gave him multiple options to get the game to Texas and he flat flaked. Not flaked by just changing his mind (that would have been cool), nope he just flat ignored emails and then a month later after we gave up on him he sends some "dog ate my home work" blah blah blah whatever email.
I don't really care about updates, I care that if you say you are going to do something that you do it. If I ever get a game great, if I loose $250 whatever. Just from my personal experiences with them I wish they had their shit together better.

#4922 6 years ago

Cool F'n GIF hAbO

#4923 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Cool F'n GIF hAbO

Thanks Toasterdog! When I found the Lion gif I found this one. "Herb" should love it!!!

// Error: Image 115356 not found //

#4924 6 years ago

I ended up dropping out about a month ago (too many irons in the fire) Kevin was super cool about it and immediately refunded my $250.00 He didnt even hold back pay pal fee's which i was expecting him to (and would of been more than fair)
Skit B Team is Top Shelf!

#4925 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

The longer the better for me. With Predator, Zombie and ST. The more time to save the better.

I thought you got out of Zombie Adventureland?

#4926 6 years ago

Every time you think you can get out....they pull you back in....

#4927 6 years ago

The natives are restless...

#4928 6 years ago

Actually, I hope they take a good long time, I like to read a lot of posts about people getting worked up, like Woz and such. It's fun to read about.

Me personally I could wait a long time, the movie is what like 25 years old, two governors and the director of IM3.

Pinball machines have long shelf life, I mean T2 is old but I'd still love to play it, AcDc was big when I was little and I'm not a young man.

So, take your good long time, don't stress about doing this on a short timeframe, think big picture. We don't want another Strern rush job, not that Stern is bad, but all of us could have been on Metalica or Avengers etc.. But I don't mind waiting as long as it takes to make a quality game.

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought you got out of Zombie Adventureland?

I did. Spookys Zombie. The one with the ...

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I ended up dropping out about a month ago (too many irons in the fire) Kevin was super cool about it and immediately refunded my $250.00 He didnt even hold back pay pal fee's which i was expecting him to (and would of been more than fair)

Oh cool thanks for the info. I dropped out about 6 weeks ago and haven't heard back in a while. I'll send them another email.

#4931 6 years ago

Be careful what you wish for when it comes to asking for any types of dates weather optimistic or not. When you have money invested (yes, you are an investor) in a startup company like a JJP or SkitB, its extremely hard to be critical and supportive at the same time as the whole situation can spin in another direction real quick.

I disagree on a project like this with only $250 invested it is not like JJP taking 6K + for 2 years. And it is not unreasonable to want to know when you will have to pay for a machine. All makers should strive to provide solid/honest estimates IMO. I am more careful with my money then I am about asking when it needs to be put towards a project.

#4932 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

"Herb" should love it!!!

NICE!

#4933 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I did as well. Dropped out June 11 and got my refund 3 days later.

#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I disagree on a project like this with on $250 invested it is not like JJP taking 6K + for 2 years. And it is not unreasonable to want to know when you will have to pay for a machine. All makers should strive to provide solid estimates IMO. I am more careful with my money then I am about asking when it needs to be put towards a project. Asking for an estimate on when the first complete pin will be done at this stage is not asking for too much.

Oh, I agree totally if you only have $250 invested. Heck, I'll send in $250 on a couple of titles and sit back with a smile if they take a few years.

You are correct on the $6k plus, but those were the terms of the deal.

#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

... The Skit-b team has been completely humble and up front about what they are doing and when (down to what shows they will be attending)...

Yes, for the most part I agree. However, this build order list update has me a bit ticked off. It is a normal business activity...one that should not be ignored. I understand there is no, "Front Office" with many heads staffed. Still, we all know many have dropped off the order list and we also have been informed that the list (build order) changes respectfully thereafter. Problem is this update is kept internal only. No email update or thread (Pinside update.

Many, including myself, have requested this information for months. There are different strokes for different folks remember! Some readers here will think to themselves, "No big deal...what is your problem Pinballdad"? Well, it is planning. I need to be able to budget this expense and plan for it accordingly. My household finances do not allow for $5k impulse type purchases I understand some households do Good for you! Please understand my position though

Many months already an no update or answer from Skit-B. I will keep my risk at $250 until some communication issues are improved or resolved...period.

GL and peace all!

#4936 6 years ago

Hmmm...I wonder how many of us will be kicking ourselves in the rear for opting out when this game gets released. Good news is most of us will never see one, well outside of youtube.

#4937 6 years ago

Patience grasshoppers

2013-07-12-11-41-49--1726145183.jpeg

#4938 6 years ago

I can not believe anyone would drop out over any delay and over a $250 deposit...

There has to be some concern about the product itself, meaning saw it or played it and didn't like what they saw.

I mean, if people thought it was going to be as good or better than say Tron or Metallica or like a more advanced Bsd or scaled down AFM pin or what not why would anyone drop out knowing they can see the finished product and decide to buy or not, where as dropping out may be final in that if it somehow is say as good/better than Tron you may not get a good deal on it or any deal at at reasonable price.

But if people think it will be a turkey they won't care can drop out and never own it or expect XM LE type deals after they are released.

#4939 6 years ago

For $250 I'll ride this till the end, but I understand some of the concerns being brought up.

#4940 6 years ago

Relax

#4941 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Yes, for the most part I agree. However, this build order list update has me a bit ticked off. It is a normal business activity...one that should not be ignored.

I asked a few months ago for the build number and recieved it very quickly. I dont think they will release the entire list but if you ask they will tell you.

Mike

#4942 6 years ago

I hear ya Willis. No need to panic.

#4943 6 years ago

tribbles_paul.jpg

#4944 6 years ago

Well, for $250, I'll just consider a pinball development loss and that would be ok with me.........

Hopefully, they can overcome all the problems that JJP had with producing Woz, without any funds to make it happen, I feel for the guys......

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I asked a few months ago for the build number and recieved it very quickly. I dont think they will release the entire list but if you ask they will tell you.
Mike

Perhaps you did not catch all the details in the thread. I have two posts in this thread asking for an update and (1) email. Just wondering (needing to know) the build order list. I put out $250 over 7 months ago in good faith. I learned, through this forum, that some have dropped off and thus created a situation where others advanced forward in the build # order. My needs are pretty simple. I need Skit-B (aka-Kevin) to inform what the current build order list is. Real simple request. I can imagine that K and company have some pretty serious supplier conversations...heated discussions...normal course of business...here is little ole me that has put out $250 without any formal binding details of the delivery...simply asking for what build order number am I now??????????????????????

Pretty simple and it has been a couple months. I really would like to know already Kevin.

Thanks in advance if you find the time to issue an updated build order list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4946 6 years ago

I have a lot more than two posts in the thread, and I still don't think I have the right to make demands.

#4947 6 years ago

I wish I could move up some spots

Damn # 4

#4948 6 years ago

1) Its good to see everyone not committed to this project for the love of the game and theme or only in it for potential resale value (when there very well may be none) getting out now so people that really do want a PREDATOR pin can get in, why get in the first place if you dont love the theme?

2)If you're going to commit to a pin shouldnt it be in your budget from the get go for the most part? and doesnt any kind of delay only give everyone more time to save? Personally I've been putting money away since I first got on the preorder over a year ago.

I don't get all the huff. They said no more updates til the game is done and they said they're website would be down. l2read.

#4949 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

1) Its good to see everyone not committed to this project for the love of the game and theme or only in it for potential resale value (when there very well may be none) getting out now so people that really do want a Predator pin can get in, why get in the first place if you dont love the theme?

2)If you're going to commit to a pin shouldnt it be in your budget from the get go for the most part? and doesnt any kind of delay only give everyone more time to save? Personally I've been putting money away since I first got on the preorder over a year ago.

I don't get all the huff. They said no more updates til the game is done and they said they're website would be down.

This is a good post. We all know things are moving along with these guys; just last week we saw the skeleton parts for the toy being manufactured in mass and, as I said earlier, they told us the website was going down. I am not concerned about the shirt issue; just wasn't a priority for them . . . people say it is an indication they don't know how to run a business . . . they are doing a start up from scratch for the love of the game and not paying themselves anything at the moment - they are an nontraditional business model at best so I think it is worth forgiving some minor issues like t shirt shipments.

Again though, I would like a general idea of when the game will ship for the one and only reason that I want to know if I should add another game in the meantime. If the game is shipping this year, I'm not going to add anything other than the Sorcerer getting a restore right now. If the game is not going to ship this year, I will look to add another game . . . because I have an itch to scratch!!!!

#4950 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Perhaps you did not catch all the details in the thread. I have two posts in this thread asking for an update and (1) email. Just wondering (needing to know) the build order list. I put out $250 over 7 months ago in good faith. I learned, through this forum, that some have dropped off and thus created a situation where others advanced forward in the build # order. My needs are pretty simple. I need Skit-B (aka-Kevin) to inform what the current build order list is. Real simple request. I can imagine that K and company have some pretty serious supplier conversations...heated discussions...normal course of business...here is little ole me that has put out $250 without any formal binding details of the delivery...simply asking for what build order number am I now??????????????????????
Pretty simple and it has been a couple months. I really would like to know already Kevin.
Thanks in advance if you find the time to issue an updated build order list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would imagine that stick to your original build number minus 5-10 depending on how many dropped out. With people dropping in, dropping out - unless you're build number one, your position in the queue most probably will never stay static and exponentionally so the higher you get up the order...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 65.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside