Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 143.
#4851 6 years ago

I would REALLY like an update on timing estimate along with an updated production # email. Just something general for timing would be great (i.e. hope first games to g o out the door by Q42013 or Q?201?).

I am one of the guys that has limited space and limited funds. I would like to know when I can expect Predator to start moving out the door so I can better plan.

If things should start being delivered still in 2013, then I will just hold onto my current collection for a while longer and decide in a few months which of my 'keeper' games I will have to sell.

If things are planned for mid 2014, then I may opt to trade/sell a game sooner and have a year to try out something else in my collection for 8-10 months before reevaluating what gets sold prior to predator arrival.

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

LOL ok how about these pics. That's just 1 of the 25 parts that make up your spines for the game. All 250 spines are casted deflashed and getting final prep done to them. So that's 25x250=6250 parts That's gotta get the heart racing.
It's about given me a heart attack in making them all

Matt, how did you sculpt the spine? Did you use a real skeleton for reference, or did you have some other method?

#4854 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Ditto to Whysnow above.

ditto!

#4855 6 years ago

Tried to check Skit-B website and got that message:
Something's wrong??

Screenshot.png

#4856 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Tried to check Skit-B website and got that message:
Something's wrong??

They probably switched hosting services as part of their "revamp".

#4857 6 years ago

I just heard Kevin say, "Fill the car with gas and point it toward Mexico!"

#4858 6 years ago

Im sure everything is fine

dp.jpg

#4859 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just heard Kevin say, "Fill the car with gas and point it toward Mexico!"

I wonder how many people that don't frequent pinside are thinking this lol?

#4860 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would REALLY like an update on timing estimate along with an updated production # email. Just something general for timing would be great (i.e. hope first games to g o out the door by Q42013 or Q?201?).
I am one of the guys that has limited space and limited funds. I would like to know when I can expect Predator to start moving out the door so I can better plan.
If things should start being delivered still in 2013, then I will just hold onto my current collection for a while longer and decide in a few months which of my 'keeper' games I will have to sell.
If things are planned for mid 2014, then I may opt to trade/sell a game sooner and have a year to try out something else in my collection for 8-10 months before reevaluating what gets sold prior to Predator arrival.

I'm in the same boat. I have an itch to go after an MM . . . but if I snag an MM I am done with pinball machines for 2013 (my wife would freak if I added three machines in one year and I just added RFM and have a Sorcerer getting a top flight restore right now) . . . so I'm not going to scratch that itch if Predator is going to make it out this year.

#4861 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm in the same boat. I have an itch to go after an MM . . . but if I snag an MM I am done with pinball machines for 2013 (my wife would freak if I added three machines in one year and I just added RFM and have a Sorcerer getting a top flight restore right now) . . . so I'm not going to scratch that itch if Predator is going to make it out this year.

Lol, I just saw that one for 12k and had the same thought. If I grab that no predator, Zombie and ST though. So I passed.

#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Lol, I just saw that one for 12k and had the same thought. If I grab that no Predator, Zombie and ST though. So I passed.

Gambit has an amazing one for 13.5k, looking for a trade and not a sale though.

#4863 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I wonder how many people that don't frequent pinside are thinking this lol?

I wonder how many people know where that quote came from?

#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Lol, I just saw that one for 12k and had the same thought. If I grab that no Predator, Zombie and ST though. So I passed.

Been there and played that a hundred times before bring me Predator and a bad ass Star Trek pin and I will be all good. That said, any pin that starts at over 10K you can count me out.

#4865 6 years ago

This place is dead anyway

#4866 6 years ago

Not worried about it.

#4867 6 years ago

Well. I have (2) posts within this thread simply asking for an update to build order. Also, (1) direct email. My risk is $250 and I will keep it that way until I receive feedback on this issue. I have waited months so it is not like I am impatient.

C'mon Kevin/Skit-B. This is a normal course of business issue. Respond already please.

Thank you in advance!

#4868 6 years ago

Wow I got excited for a second, thought there was a major update, last few days I forgot I actually have a deposit on Predator. Wonder when those guys will be back from MIA.

#4869 6 years ago

I was sure they mentioned that they would not be doing anymore updates until they have a final product to show?

That suits me fine. At this point i would rather see the end product than lots more 'mini' updates.

#4870 6 years ago

I think people are starting to get nervous with the Predator site being down and no answers or posts being made from Skit-B.

#4871 6 years ago

I'm not nervous, they only have $250 of my money which is a nominal risk. I will say that I am glad that I am not in the early part of the build order. I should be able to see exactly what the finished product will be and more importantly to me how it is supported. My biggest concern (out side of the game being good) is how Skit-B will support the product. When I repeatedly see post (and experienced it myself) of Kevin not responding to emails it makes me wonder how things will be after the game is delivered and issues come up. Will I be able to get support from the manufacturer? I think it is a valid concern.

#4872 6 years ago

I don't think there is any reason for concern, we've never had a pinball manufacturer have this level of interaction with us before, beside Kevin and Aaron have proven themselves to be upstanding guys ten time over...they're just busy putting the pieces together. Kevin even said it himself that updates will be tapering off now. I just think this is crunch time for them...be patient.

#4873 6 years ago

I'm paid in full and have no worries. Kevin and crew will deliver.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#4874 6 years ago

Im not worried at all if I was I wouldnt have paid almost half. Im sure there are folks who may be nervous about it since some have paid in full and some have made more than the initial $250 deposit. Im also in no hurry so if I dont get it till christmas or later I wont be disappointed. Ive got enough pins and projects to keep me busy. The lack of posts and email responses is what im basically referring to. I know Kevin sucks with the email side though(no offense Kevin) he should hire someone to handle that side of things. I am a little impatient to see some more of this thing though, mainly the blacklight art and the plastics.Since the toys are mostly stationary im not really excited about them. Im banking on the blacklight art and achievements being the thing that makes this a unique pin, and hoping the light show turns out amazing.

#4875 6 years ago

I still never even got my t-shirt after an email asking for size like 6 months ago.

#4876 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I still never even got my t-shirt after an email asking for size like 6 months ago.

Yeah, me neither, and I even hit them up about it at the Tacoma show! Every day that goes by without it is a day I'll never get back. I'll die just that little bit sadder and less fulfilled when the day comes.

#4877 6 years ago

There are big things a brewin at the SkitB Factory I think. Im pretty sure that this is some kind of psy-op tactic by the guys to watch us PredHeds squirm a little. When they turn the power back on to their website, I think we will be blown away. I would prefer to see a complete game at the next update.

#4878 6 years ago

Hey, I didn't get my t-shirt either now that I think about it.

I'm not too worried. Like others have said, they've only got $250 of my money. I was on full support/defend mode for awhile, but my excitement level has dropped quite a bit lately with no feedback, no updates, and bad reviews from the people who saw it at shows. So either they come back with something awesome and I've got a very cool game eventually, or I put the money towards the one other expensive pin on my wish list and call it done. I've got enough pins to keep me busy for now, but it would be nice to have the excitement back. Hopefully we get a big update soon. Preferably on another new thread since we're coming up on 100 pages now. lol

#4879 6 years ago

Ok now we have to know what the other pin is : )

#4880 6 years ago

I'm sure the boys are up to their necks in work, that isn't the question, but at this stage of the game it would be prudent for them to take on some additional help. The whole not replying to emails thing is not professional.

Pinside updates are a bonus for us, so no expectations there, but there should be someone responding to customer requests.

#4881 6 years ago

I think they realized they were getting too much negative feedback on the updates they were giving out and decided we couldn't handle the concept of a machine in the design phase so they just decided to wait until they could give us something we could understand..........

#4882 6 years ago

Who, me? I just got my NGG (woo hoo!) so the last big one on my wish list is LOTR. Mostly for husband, because I could care less about anything LOTR related, but a long ball time pin would be good. I'd love a few more pins like MM, but $5K for any one pin is basically the limit for me. And I still need a SWE1 kit for my RFM, then I'm done. Because by then I'll be long out of room and money. lol I get attached to my pins as if they're my kids, so it will take awhile before I'm ready to let one go to make the $/room for another, and I figure at that point we'll have 12 between my house and the parents (well, 11.5 if you don't count the P2K as 2 seperate games) and surely to goodness I can stay busy with a dozen games.

But for now I've still got a prime spot waiting on Predator.

#4883 6 years ago

Those words have been uttered countless times on Pinside . The sickness will only grab hold deeper.

#4884 6 years ago

Just experiencing the "birth" of JJP and waiting for my game over the past couple of years makes the hair on the back of my neck raise straight up when thinking about Predator. The delays, factory setup, code development, initial prototype issues, and now games trickling out 26 months later just show you what it takes to get a game built, boxed, and shipped.

#4885 6 years ago

The JJP experience also gives me pause about ALL new manufacturers. JJP is the best funded, staffed, and most collective industry experience of all of them. And, yeah... it's been a tough slog for them.

#4886 6 years ago

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

#4887 6 years ago

The longer the better for me. With Predator, Zombie and ST. The more time to save the better.

#4888 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Those words have been uttered countless times on Pinside . The sickness will only grab hold deeper.

Haha! Always hear those words said!

#4889 6 years ago

I think Skit-B went the smart route using the p-roc system and having the code damn near finished early on. JJP created his own operating system which we now know became a huge undertaking by their crew and is a very big part of the delays.

#4890 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If anyone is not ready for the craziness, waiting, etc...get out now! This way you don't have to whine about it. When they have something to show us, they will. When the game is ready, it's ready. Reeeelax....

While I generally agree with this, the one caveat is I would like an idea of whether the game really is coming this year or if it will slip to next year. If it is next year that is perfectly fine with me, I can wait for it and I won't bail out, but if it is going to be next year I will likely buy another game in the interim.

A realistic (and not optimistic) time frame update is what I would like. I don't need any other updates but that one and I will be happy till they have the final product ready to show us.

#4891 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think Skit-B went the smart route using the p-roc system and having the code damn near finished early on. JJP created his own operating system which we now know became a huge undertaking by their crew and is a very big part of the delays.

Does the P-roc system need to be loaded on to custom Skit-B boards? The last time I saw Predator, it was running from a PC underneath it. That is not the way it will ship, correct?

#4892 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A realistic (and not optimistic) time frame update is what I would like.

That is whats needed. For better or worse.

#4893 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Does the P-roc system need to be loaded on to custom Skit-B boards? The last time I saw Predator, it was running from a PC underneath it. That is not the way it will ship, correct?

No it won't ship that way. I don't think skit b has added any of their own custom boards. My understanding is since its run off the p-roc system it is completely customizable as long as you have an understanding of how the system works. Now I wouldnt mess with it but you could if you wanted to. It was being run outside the game on a pc that way Skit-b could mess with and tweak settings on the fly, I believe.

The game is gonna be a commercial game that could be put on location so there's no way they would have the operating system on the outside of it.

#4894 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Spend your time grabbing a limited edition Deadly Spawn poster!

https://www.mondotees.com/The-Deadly-Spawn_p_1054.html

#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Does it not give you pause that they can't even satisfy T-shirt orders? That has nothing to do with waiting for a game, it reflects on their ability to run a business.

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Does it not give you pause that they can't even satisfy T-shirt orders? That has nothing to do with waiting for a game, it reflects on their ability to run a business.

totally agree

#4897 6 years ago

When I spoke with the guys at Allentown, I was told they will be using a single board computer mounted in the head and attached to the P-ROC.
Something like this if I recall:
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBoard-xM

#4898 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When I spoke with the guys at Allentown, I was told they will be using a single board computer mounted in the head and attached to the P-ROC.
Something like this if I recall:
http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBoard-xM

Is this going to be fairly straightforward? Are they using an existing board or creating their own?

I know JJP has a mix of a custom driver board and an "off the shelf" CPU.

#4899 6 years ago

Just experiencing the "birth" of JJP and waiting for my game over the past couple of years makes the hair on the back of my neck raise straight up when thinking about Predator. The delays, factory setup, code development, initial prototype issues, and now games trickling out 26 months later just show you what it takes to get a game built, boxed, and shipped.

Yeah, that's why I was always skeptical of the boutique run pins. Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that anyone would take on such a challenge ...but if Jack is barely getting finished games out the door 2 years out, the timeframe for SkitB & Jpop getting finished/working games out is looking like 3-5 years, IMO. I might not even be into collecting pinballs anymore at that point lol....that's one of the reasons I dropped out of Predator.

#4900 6 years ago

I would imagine they will be using off the shelf parts and their code. Straightforward meaning it will be installed and play when you get it? Yup. You won't need to worry whats under the hood unless you want to tinker.

Is this going to be fairly straightforward? Are they using an existing board or creating their own?
I know JJP has a mix of a custom driver board and an "off the shelf" CPU.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 1,099.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside