Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 143.
#4701 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Lulz, "why da game no finished fully. Only bring 100% completed games to shows".... F$@&

Stern would never have any pins at shows then

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Stern would never have any pins at shows then

Thats quite correct, maybe we would see now the POTC / SM

#4703 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

the negative feedback lately has me a little apprehensive

Yes, negativity breeds more negativity. Keep in mind though you are on a message board which generally are breeding ground for negativity. Whenever you a totally open process, like has been the case with Predator, you get a lot of people who lose interest and what not during the process . . . this is why Stern does there short little pre release videos that are like two minutes and that is all you get from them.

Predator has been an open book from start to finish; so you get positive reviews and negativity. Don't read too much into either. There is plenty of data now available for everyone to make their own call. I personally feel this is the safest $4,500 I could spend on a pin.

#4704 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I personally feel this is the safest $4,500 I could spend on a pin.

After $250 deposit, natch...

#4705 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, negativity breeds more negativity. Keep in mind though you are on a message board which generally are breeding ground for negativity.

If anything I think this has been a breeding ground for positivity. In fact, I think this entire thread is pathologically positive, and only occasionally to its detriment. I have been staunchly supportive but without cognitive dissonance or sugar coating any critique I've had along the way, and that sometimes gets the cheerleaders in a tizzy. Compared to JJP and Stern threads, and excepting the odd, fly by night, cool kid, grief sniper like extraballingtmc who drops into every remotely relevant thread to blurt out "Predator sucks" before ducking out, this thread is remarkable, perhaps even unique, in the history of Al Gore's Internet for ratio of length to the amount of endless angst, constant moderation or falling prey to Godwin's Law.

It would be hard for me to believe this phenomenon has nothing to do with how SkitB operates their business model.

#4706 6 years ago

The thread has been pretty well behaved and positive for the most part, especially with nearly 100 pages and 4700 posts.

#4707 6 years ago

I think we all see the project for what it is and respect the Boyz! I agree, the level or assholeosity here has been low....

#4708 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree, the level or assholeosity here has been low....

Compared to what most of Pinside has been doing this past year that is true. I hate to say it but it seems Pinside has almost turned into the old RGP. At least there are still quite a few of us that don't feel as though we need to attack everyone else in a thread.

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, negativity breeds more negativity. Keep in mind though you are on a message board which generally are breeding ground for negativity. Whenever you a totally open process, like has been the case with Predator, you get a lot of people who lose interest and what not during the process . . . this is why Stern does there short little pre release videos that are like two minutes and that is all you get from them.
Predator has been an open book from start to finish; so you get positive reviews and negativity. Don't read too much into either. There is plenty of data now available for everyone to make their own call. I personally feel this is the safest $4,500 I could spend on a pin.

Great post and I agree with you. Its hard for someone like me to have to live vicariously through others to see how good this pin is since I cant be at these shows in person. I try and take every comment and form an opinion but it seems since the last show predator was at, the negativity is on the rise. Ive never attended a pinball show or played a prototype pin so the apprehension is formed from the few that get to attend and return to pinside with their reviews. So its a balancing act, on one hand we've got the skit-b boys who are selling a product and also the always positive crowd and on the other hand we have the constant nay sayers and negative nit wits and a few of the fans that have an opposing view but can still see the forest for the trees. So it has me wondering who is correct at this time.

Im still on board but 5k is still quite a bit of money that I dont part with easily and I just want a kick ass pinball machine. I dont care how much the resale value will be or where it ends up on the top 100, it just needs to be a blast to play and have plenty of replay value(my biggest worry). This game could be very fun but you end up playing it a couple weeks and lose interest. So with the limited amount of shots it has me concerned. 6 shots is very limited and im having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I guess at this point all we can do is wait and see what's in store.

#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Great post and I agree with you. Its hard for someone like me to have to live vicariously through others to see how good this pin is since I cant be at these shows in person. I try and take every comment and form an opinion but it seems since the last show Predator was at, the negativity is on the rise. Ive never attended a pinball show or played a prototype pin so the apprehension is formed from the few that get to attend and return to pinside with their reviews. So its a balancing act, on one hand we've got the skit-b boys who are selling a product and also the always positive crowd and on the other hand we have the constant nay sayers and negative nit wits and a few of the fans that have an opposing view but can still see the forest for the trees. So it has me wondering who is correct at this time.
Im still on board but 5k is still quite a bit of money that I dont part with easily and I just want a kick ass pinball machine. I dont care how much the resale value will be or where it ends up on the top 100, it just needs to be a blast to play and have plenty of replay value(my biggest worry). This game could be very fun but you end up playing it a couple weeks and lose interest. So with the limited amount of shots it has me concerned. 6 shots is very limited and im having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I guess at this point all we can do is wait and see what's in store.

All very well said.

If anything, you have probably realized by now that I don't give 2 squats about resale value (and frankly am disgusted with those that are more concerned with it than the value of their own word) and I think this is going to be a killer pin with tons of replay value, challenge, and excitement. That should count for something...

I am excited but still critical of this pin in a healthy way. I believe, but I will not be handing out more of my hard earned $$$ till I see the final product and am sure reality meets my logical expectations.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All very well said.
If anything, you have probably realized by now that I don't give 2 squats about resale value (and frankly am disgusted with those that are more concerned with it than the value of their own word) and I think this is going to be a killer pin with tons of replay value, challenge, and excitement. That should count for something...
I am excited but still critical of this pin in a healthy way. I believe, but I will not be handing out more of my hard earned $$$ till I see the final product and am sure reality meets my logical expectations.

Absolutely. Ive already put up more cash then I should have. Im holding off on any more payments till I see the final product. I have confidence in the skit-b team and would have bailed if I didnt. I have a pretty good feeling its all gonna come together for a kickass machine. Bring on the updates

#4712 6 years ago

If it bleeds we can kill it. #10

#4713 6 years ago

If it has flippers, we can play it....

#4714 6 years ago

Are they limited to 250 because of licensing? Seems based on price, title etc and the fact that a lot of people are just now finding out that there is another company making pinball machines they could easily sell more pins.

#4715 6 years ago

Yes. They made an agreement with Fox to only make 250

#4716 6 years ago

I aint paying the lock ness monster no two fiddy

#4717 6 years ago

I aint paying the lock ness monster no two fiddy

Darn.

darn.gif

Look Ted, look! I did one!

#4718 6 years ago

Why is Pinballdad thumbing everything down in the thread?

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yeah? Weird.

#4720 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Look Ted, look! I did one!

Nice one!

#4721 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I thumbs up too! Not all down.

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I thumbs up too! Not all down.

Just trying it on for size.

#4723 6 years ago

Crickets chirping

#4724 6 years ago

4700 posts. That's one hell of a long thread!

#4725 6 years ago

No word from Kevin since the NW Pinball show
Did he make it home ok?

#4726 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

4700 posts. That's one hell of a long thread!

Still a ways to go to catch XMen's pre-release and immediate post release thread. I can't remember where it ended up but it was around 7k I think.

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did he make it home ok?

Hopefully he is grinding away on getting the game ready. He indicated his next large update would be the last before mass construction commences.

#4728 6 years ago

When they say they want the next update to be the last, I'd imagine they still have a bit of work to do.

#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

When they say they want the next update to be the last, I'd imagine they still have a bit of work to do.

Yeah. Me thinking same thing. Wondering if a supplier or two is running late maybe as well? You know, something went wrong timing wise and another fit-up test or color test is needed...bla bla...need more time Kevin! Thus the delays? Just speculating out loud. No facts behind what I said.

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did he make it home ok?

Kevin is on FB as we speak. He is alive.

#4731 6 years ago

My prediction when this project commenced was the first final game would ship around Xmas of this year. It is a huge undertaking these guys have embraced and they did so with basically no prepayments. What they've already accomplished is pretty darn amazing.

#4732 6 years ago

Won't send full payment in until final build is released, but feel guilty should the guys need the moola to finish; see new posts in the thread, open up to see the new goodness - only see banter...

fbm.jpg

#4733 6 years ago

I prefer turnips over parsnips. But each to their own.

#4734 6 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

I prefer turnips over parsnips. But each to their own.

I prefer oysters over snails....

#4735 6 years ago

I think they are pondering their next move.

1000184_642269762467922_98896685_n.jpg

#4738 6 years ago

#4739 6 years ago

OldPinGuy! I just saw that picture and was cutting out the background when I took a break and checked Pinside. I was going to print on it......I'm waiting right here for the next update!

#4740 6 years ago

Games just got back from Washington today. Back to work in the AM! I'll have more time for bantering and tossing around ideas and answering questions and such after we get moving on this stuff. Tons of work to do in the next few weeks and a ton of expectations to meet and exceed!

#4741 6 years ago

I'm still waiting for You Know What....

#4743 6 years ago

Now we just have to figure out why

#4744 6 years ago

Think I finally decided on my plaque quote...

Given that the Predator is doing the hunting>>>

"El caza trofeos de los hombres"

#4745 6 years ago

"the demon who makes trophies of men"

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"the demon who makes trophies of men"

Sounds like a stripper I used to date.

#4747 6 years ago

She was hot!

#4748 6 years ago

visual minds think alike, Ted!

Quoted from spfxted:

OldPinGuy! I just saw that picture and was cutting out the background when I took a break and checked Pinside. I was going to print on it......I'm waiting right here for the next update!

Kevin, throw us a bone!!!! Something, before you dive in deep!

#4749 6 years ago

I think Kevin is gonna still have a surprise or two up his sleeve....

#4750 6 years ago

I don't wanna be that guy, but I'm pretty sure it's "El Diablo cazador de hombres"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 60.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside