Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 143.
#401 7 years ago

C’mon guys. This can't be more than an old early stage version. Kevin wouldn't react this way and I’m damned sure that he will publish something very different to what Jetzxi took a garage pic of. It's Skit-B's guys who will show us the most kept secret of the f$%¿ing universe -named Pred playfield art - so stay tuned. There's more 2 come 4 sure and I expect it to be way different.. ..

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Nice

Attachments
The_Predator_by_stevegoad.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 downloads) 13 hours old

I can hear people already thinking "Alternate Translite."

Dan

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

If anyone would like to order the shirts we are wearing at the Chicago Expo you can head over to our website @ skitbpinball.com and hit the donate button. Donate $25 and include your name and shipping address. Make sure to include what size you would like in the comments.

I might be alone, but that shirt is sort of cool, but sort of too much redneck. It's like "LOOK AT ME I BOUGHT A PREYDATUR YUP I DONE DID".

Like three triangle dots on the front and a number on the back would be cool. This is garish.

#404 7 years ago

Give the guys a forum, funny they can design modes with little trouble.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I can hear people already thinking "Alternate Translite."
Dan

-1. I know a lot of people like the fanged vagina Predator look but i really hope they stick with the helmet version for the art work.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

-1. I know a lot of people like the fanged vagina Predator look but i really hope they stick with the helmeted version for the art work.

I'm with you on this, I personally like the helmet version better.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

-1. I know a lot of people like the fanged vagina Predator look but i really hope they stick with the helmet version for the art work.

Quoted from Legacy:

I'm with you on this, I personally like the helmet version better.

I am with you in the original camp. I wasn't expressing my preference, just commenting that some would be thinking that.

I guess disagreeing with the post would mean that noone will be thinking that. That probably is untrue.

Dan

#408 7 years ago

Played it at expo, gotta say I'm impressed. Love the dark balls, love the cursing.. Very few lockups, which is impressive for a whitewood (saw them resetting and tilting stuck balls at least 6 times on wizard of oz, which is supposed to be done).

The two guys are really friendly and aren't afraid to talk shop (how parts are made, how the license works). The ramps were black, but it was because they're supplier couldn't get clear material in time. Only affected gameplay in the fact that it was sometimes hard to see the ball underneath, but wasn't a big deal.

If I had $5k to spare, I'd be all over this.

#409 7 years ago

I'm with those that prefer the helmet on look myself. In the movie, the predator didn't even take the mask off until the last 5-10 minutes.

#411 7 years ago

Any video online of Pred at the expo?

#412 7 years ago

Is someone gonna take a video lol.

#413 7 years ago

I want seminar footage! Where is it at?

#414 7 years ago

Agree helmet on, plus hoping for a real jungle feel in the artwork. It would be cool if the predator could only be revealed in the hunt mode by the black lights using the uv inks on the playfield.

#415 7 years ago

We're going to post some seminar footage as soon as we find the time. We're also gonna grab some expo show floor footage after they dim the lights and the hall gets nice and crowded

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

As a preface, I'm not cheap nor callous, I'm just poor. Can donate the difference to what I already have? I know how this sounds, but, it's what I got. Sorry. :-/
EDIT: Is the red what will show up under the UVs?

+1 to this although I am a cheap bastard I did the same I made up the difference from my initial donation in hopes that a shirt will come to this cheap ass here lol. Although every dollar extra I've had is going to saving for this machine. Hopefully down the road ill throw some more donations your way skit-b

#417 7 years ago

Talked to the artist today, while he was making measurements. I got the whole scoop. It's going to rock. I'm not giving away to much, but the helmets on and he's choking the shit outta Arnold.

#418 7 years ago

We just posted some pics and some videos of some folks playing the Predator at the Chicago Expo on our Facebook. We'll have them up here soon.

#419 7 years ago

Haha someone should set their phone to unlimited video size!

Awesome sounds on there guys!!!

#420 7 years ago

Watched the FB video and literally said out loud "Hey, I know that dude!" Very cool that they came to play.

Husband is watching football, which I could care less about, so I am upstairs with my popcorn and Predator Bluray. Just about to start it. Have only seen it once and realized I don't know all the guys names, so watching harder this time around.

We may already know this but I forgot... what kind of shooter is on the machine? I either don't know or can't remember if it is a regular shooter, gun, button, etc. Just wondering for 'womancave' pre-planning.

#421 7 years ago

Prototype has a button. Not sure what the plan is for production models.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We just posted some pics and some videos of some folks playing the Predator at the Chicago Expo on our Facebook. We'll have them up here soon.

Looking fwd to it. Some of us don't FB.....thx,#179

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

yep,FB not my thing

#424 7 years ago

Is that Roger Sharpe playing predator? That's awesome

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Yeah, please post the video on the youtube account you were using for the October update - I stay as far from Facebook as possible. #101

#426 7 years ago

Its just sharpe playing it from a sideview

#428 7 years ago

Any playfield pics for those of us who couldn't attend Expo?

Dan

#429 7 years ago

I'm not on Fb either. Glad to see our numbers growing .

#430 7 years ago

I dont do fb either and would love to see/hear more about the machine. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

#431 7 years ago

Did FB vids. Wth? Video of Roger Sharpe playing with no pf vids? Nothing substantial?

I do appreciate the attempt.

A+ for thoughtfulness.
F- for successful implementation.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not on Fb either. Glad to see our numbers growing .

What's Facebook...

#434 7 years ago

I'm on facebook. You guys missed a pretty amazing update.

#436 7 years ago

Bad news folks. Friends are there right now (one of them did a new highscore on pred ) and just wrote me: Still whitewood

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Its just sharpe playing it from a sideview

Yep, you aren't missing any inside information. You can't see the game aside from a portion of the cabinet side.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I'm on facebook. You guys missed a pretty amazing update.

is someone going to tell us what it is?

#439 7 years ago

I see no new FB updates. Other than pics of people paying it, the video with Sharpe playing it, and a pic of what looks like a yummy Chicago-style pizza.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I see no new FB updates. Other than pics of people paying it, the video with Sharpe playing it, and a pic of what looks like a yummy Chicago-style pizza.

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that also. always appreciate pizza pics, but where is the playfield!?

Dan

#441 7 years ago

I think Jonnyo was just messing around. The big update this weekend was a glimpse at their preliminary playfield art, the UV layer is going to be off the hook. They also talked in passing of some of their toy ideas..... should be some really neat stuff for sure. I don't see them going to Toys R Us for them.... .... especially with Matt working on this project! Mike from Flipper Fidelity was over at the SkitB booth talking about the speakers.

The topper idea has not been tossed out yet, so there is still hope that they can make something work.

Here is a thought Kevin or Aaron........just provide all the wiring, programming and hardware less the actual laser. Then just tell us the model number and a link to where we can purchase the laser ourselves.

They are hoping to get a couple machines out to people that ordered right away either late December 2012 or sometime in January. If everything goes as planned, all 250 machines delivered in 2013.

Chris #4

#442 7 years ago

I have a question for all though.

So they have the actual scenes on the dmd. I think this keeps the look from being more cartoony. In reality this mightve been done to save on some graphics guy cost.

However, on the playfield, the soldiers are hand drawn. Is it just me, or is Blaine the only one that is a spot on image? I just think Arnie an Mac look a little goofy.

Thoughts?

#443 7 years ago

I have a question for all though.
So they have the actual scenes on the dmd. I think this keeps the look from being more cartoony. In reality this mightve been done to save on some graphics guy cost.
However, on the playfield, the soldiers are hand drawn. Is it just me, or is Blaine the only one that is a spot on image? I just think Arnie an Mac look a little goofy.
Thoughts?

I spoke with Kevin at Allentown about the DMD graphics. He answered that he did not think normal cartoon type graphics fit the theme of the game and the style they chose was a little darker and fit the theme better in their opinion.

After that explanation, I guess I agreed. I wish there was a more lifelike display.

Dan

#444 7 years ago

Kevin said the dmd used on the proto type was only 4 color (shades of that color) and that the actual one will have 16 color(shades of that color) which should make the graphics show up better.

That wasn't the final draft just a sample which was quickly done to show us so we have an idea.

I think the playfield art looks great.

#445 7 years ago

that is good news if another dmd will allow more shades . The dmd graphics have seemed hard to see on the vids so far.

Are they still looking at wrapping this up by xmas? It seems like a ton of work left to do. Plus fine-tuning and testing.

#446 7 years ago

After talking to them and the artist I think it would be almost impossible to have a completed machine by xmass. There are also supply issues, ramps, toys, machinery, let alone polishing code and testing. Who knows tho, these guys are drivin! I wish 'em all the luck in the world. As a matter of fact I'll donate a case of Monster to the cause.

#447 7 years ago

Ok, to clear a little up. I completely agree with the DMD being scenes from the movie. I think that was definitely the only way to go.

The question was if the artist could draw realistic likenesses of the cast themselves, but like you said, it was just a quick drawing.

And yeah, I have no idea how you'd get one out by Christmas. I think these guys have been busting their asses but it's still going to take a bit for it to all come together.

#448 7 years ago

I don't care if predator is not ready until Xmas 2013, take your time guys and do what you gotto do to create an A+ game.

#449 7 years ago

It was a debated move about them not taking deposits with pre-orders, but since they haven't they won't be getting the blow back JJP has for a delayed game. No one is owed anything, so if it takes to xmas 2013, then that is the way it goes.

So, I have nothing negative to say about missing xmas. I'd rather see a 100% game. What is interesting is their programming is much farther along than a pin is normally at this stage. I would think things will come together real quick later.

#450 7 years ago

These guys have one shot at this. Time is not an issue - getting the game right, is. So, take all the time to make the best game you possibly can

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 289.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 239.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside