View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 143.
#4352 10 years ago

I deleted your dupes, Pinballdad.

I couldn't tell too much of a difference on Arnold either, until Aurich made him dance. Now I kinda want to put some music to it and stare at it for a bit.

#4353 10 years ago

I deleted your dupes, Pinballdad.
I couldn't tell too much of a difference on Arnold either, until Aurich made him dance. Now I kinda want to put some music to it and stare at it for a bit.

arniedance.gifarniedance.gif

#4354 10 years ago

Oontz Oontz Oontz Oontz Oontz

#4355 10 years ago

"I'm here to PUMP YOU UP"!

#4356 10 years ago

Que bad Austrian techno

#4357 10 years ago

I like the art. A lot don't. I see the things people talk about, skull in particular, lack of gritty feel etc. Yes, it could've been darker but it is what you see.

But the constant downtalk? Well maybe I should compare. Let's look at the other Arnold pins.

LAH - Ok let's see. Data East hand drawn. Lot like TFTC. Decent Arnold drawing. Other characters not so detailed. Cartoony explosions. Giant movie ticket. Lots of filler.

T3 - All of it filler and insterts. Other characters tiny. Cute little T1-7. Big photocopy of Arnold's mug right over a big T3. Cool title on the pf by the way.

T-2 - Ok little more popular. Cool T-101 in robot form. What else....oh..two robots who look like they're banging and the rest is just filler and inserts.

Maybe these pins are a little less popular. Plus I'd like to compare to some newer pins. I'll look at some of the better ones from recent times.

Avengers - Newest Stern Pin completely out. All the characters "Comin Atcha!" Sweet jumpkick by black widow as well. Rest is just filler from what I can tell. Not popular enough? How about the two big money makers?

Tron - Ok now. Two cool looking bikes at the bottom. (Not even sarcastic) But then, just 4 photocopied pictures of the main characters surrounded by inserts...some dude holding a disc. I see a spaceship too. And a lot of blue. Sam Flynn, main character, appears to be missing.

ACDC Pro - Big Angus mug. Hand drawn. Not bad. Other characters photocopied? What? Then an AMAZING amounts of filler and inserts.

Or

LOTR- Very popular. A very familiar picture of all the characters. Photocopied. And I guess scenery and a map in the background..and a lot of inserts.

I do like X-men, though it's nowhere near GREAT.

So what's the one thing these all have in common? A lot of inserts and fillers. So I guess all that Skit-B needed was maybe 16 drop targets, all with insert LED so that our eyes would be too distracted to see the other art like the rest of these pins then? It seems like Stern is just pretty good at color schemes, LED placement, blinding lightshows and toys everywhere that make you looke elsewhere.

I'm just sayin, compared to most of the newer pins out there, this artwork is at least even if not better. And in the case of Tron and ACDC, it would appear gameplay is what puts up pricing. Not the art.

#4358 10 years ago

Playboy- agreed. I did think it was a little too cartoon-ish at first, compared to what I thought it would be (darker, grittier) after looking at the inked version and the artist's other works, but it's growing on me. I'm not a brand snob by any means, since we've got a wide range in the family collcetion, but I really enjoy the DE games like JP, TFTC, etc. After looking at it, this game sorta has that same style, and I don't think that's a negative. Either way, I'm not going to sit there and stare at the artwork (like I am with the techno the Arnold pic above) or be so depressed about the hand being hidden by a leaf. (I've seen JP and bad hands, leaves are preferable.) I'm just going to play it.

#4359 10 years ago

Cant wait. Print it, Build it, Ship it!

Im ready for a nice video of a near "locked" machine with plastics, UV, flashers, and toys n' such. Hope we are not to far off from this point. I know the guys have been bustin' ass to get prototypes to the shows, but I hope we are still some what on track. I still dream of the "other" pred that is locked in the back room and not to be seen yet. Who knows if it exists.... but i sure hope it does.

Keep us posted boys!

#4360 10 years ago

In our homes by Christmas?

#4361 10 years ago

you guys are amazing, fixing everything we find and adjusting this and that... we don't see that anywhere else.
keep up the good work and good success in 2013 and many years to come, you deserve it.

#4362 10 years ago

Did you say 10k by Christmas??........(sorry thats my favorite pinside joke)

#4363 10 years ago

"Cant wait. Print it, Build it, Ship it!"

I agree, . the art is good enough, Well done .. Build it, The rest can do a photoshop edit with mylar and tweak what they like,, Build it , build it

#4364 10 years ago

I highly doubt they are just sitting around waiting for the art to be complete.

#4365 10 years ago

Toys...those wonderful Toys...

#4366 10 years ago

what playboywillis said.

#4367 10 years ago

You know what happens when SkitB gets free time? They make a freaking Duck Hunt pinball machine, for fun, because they can. lol I'm actually waiting for pin #2 to be completely done and ready to go by time the last Predator gets to its home.

#4368 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

You know what happens when SkitB gets free time? They make a freaking Duck Hunt pinball machine, for fun, because they can. lol I'm actually waiting for pin #2 to be completely done and ready to go by time the last Predator gets to its home.

What do you mean, "free time"? I was told they did that duck tang while sleeping after an exhausting day...kind of like sleep walking but instead sleep pin building

#4369 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I like the art. A lot don't. I see the things people talk about, skull in particular, lack of gritty feel etc. Yes, it could've been darker but it is what you see.But the constant downtalk? Well maybe I should compare. Let's look at the other Arnold pins.LAH - Ok let's see. Data East hand drawn. Lot like TFTC. Decent Arnold drawing. Other characters not so detailed. Cartoony explosions. Giant movie ticket. Lots of filler.T3 - All of it filler and insterts. Other characters tiny. Cute little T1-7. Big photocopy of Arnold's mug right over a big T3. Cool title on the pf by the way.T-2 - Ok little more popular. Cool T-101 in robot form. What else....oh..two robots who look like they're banging and the rest is just filler and inserts.Maybe these pins are a little less popular. Plus I'd like to compare to some newer pins. I'll look at some of the better ones from recent times.Avengers - Newest Stern Pin completely out. All the characters "Comin Atcha!" Sweet jumpkick by black widow as well. Rest is just filler from what I can tell. Not popular enough? How about the two big money makers?Tron - Ok now. Two cool looking bikes at the bottom. (Not even sarcastic) But then, just 4 photocopied pictures of the main characters surrounded by inserts...some dude holding a disc. I see a spaceship too. And a lot of blue. Sam Flynn, main character, appears to be missing.ACDC Pro - Big Angus mug. Hand drawn. Not bad. Other characters photocopied? What? Then an AMAZING amounts of filler and inserts.OrLOTR- Very popular. A very familiar picture of all the characters. Photocopied. And I guess scenery and a map in the background..and a lot of inserts.I do like X-men, though it's nowhere near GREAT.So what's the one thing these all have in common? A lot of inserts and fillers. So I guess all that Skit-B needed was maybe 16 drop targets, all with insert LED so that our eyes would be too distracted to see the other art like the rest of these pins then? It seems like Stern is just pretty good at color schemes, LED placement, blinding lightshows and toys everywhere that make you looke elsewhere.I'm just sayin, compared to most of the newer pins out there, this artwork is at least even if not better. And in the case of Tron and ACDC, it would appear gameplay is what puts up pricing. Not the art.

Not to get into it that much but I'm gonna compare predator to games like Attack from mars and twilight zone because these are the games skit-b wanted to stack up against to begin with. As for me I never want to just settle for "ok" I guess its the perfectionist in me.

#4370 10 years ago

AFM is a great example of a game that doesn't look like anything special playfield wise. The art is okay, but nothing extraordinary.

It's the sound, humor, dot matrix effects and rules that really make it fun to me. That and a few satisfying shots.

Part of what makes some of the shots satisfying are the sound effects that accompany them. Hitting the lone shaking martian, destroying the saucer and the light lock shot always feel great. I never tire of seeing the alien's skull get hit with the extra ball.

My point being, it's the entire package that makes a great game. The playfield layout and art are just one part of it and often times, not the most important part.

#4371 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

AFM is a great example of a game that doesn't look like anything special playfield wise. The art is okay, but nothing extraordinary.
It's the sound, humor, dot matrix effects and rules that really make it fun to me. That and a few satisfying shots.
Part of what makes some of the shots satisfying are the sound effects that accompany them. Hitting the lone shaking martian, destroying the saucer and the light lock shot always feel great. I never tire of seeing the alien's skull get hit with the extra ball.
My point being, it's the entire package that makes a great game. The playfield layout and art are just one part of it and often times, not the most important part.

I agree and disagree with you. AFM didn't have to have a great art package and didn't need to because it's not a licensed title meaning when people saw and played it for the first time they weren't taking from memory what parts of it should look like. As for Predator, everyone knows Predator and Arnold Schwarzenegger so that is why you have people critiquing the artwork so harshly. So does that mean the game will be bad if the art isn't fixed? No. If you're a brand new company it's best try and get every aspect of the game as awesome as possible and I think Skit-B will achieve this and it's because they work very hard and take all of our suggestions serious. JMO

#4372 10 years ago

Just got done chatting with Kevin on FB. Couldn't get any juicy tidbits out of him but he did get me hyped about one thing.... I went from #3 on the waitlist to (drum roll) PRE OWNER - Production #24.. Build #250 !!!! SOOOOO stoked right now. He also seemed very excited about the UV artwork/effects on the game but wouldn't give details of course, just said "wait til you see the UV stuff. it's really mind blowing" and...... he seemed happy with the skull. Keep up the amazing pace guys, I havent been this excited since I lost my virginity.

Micah #24

#4373 10 years ago

How did you go to #24? Was that just the production number that was avail? I'm waiting to find out how far I've moved up the list in the last few months as well. Started out in March at number 15, so hoping i'll make the cut soon!

#4374 10 years ago

So now guys on the waiting list are jumping ahead of others as soon as they get a number? What gives Kevin?

#4375 10 years ago

#10 stick around

#4376 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

So now guys on the waiting list are jumping ahead of others as soon as they get a number? What gives Kevin?

I am still at the back of the bus as far as when I receive my pin. The production # that was given to me apparently belonged to someone that had dropped out. Didn't mean to start a frenzy

#4377 10 years ago

yeah he's game number 24, production number 250, thats how I read it anyway

#4378 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I am still at the back of the bus as far as when I receive my pin. The production # that was given to me apparently belonged to someone that had dropped out. Didn't mean to start a frenzy

Do you mean the game number or production number. Production number is the build number right? So confusing lol

No frenzy from me, I'm good. I misread I guess you said production number #24/250 and how I read that is your game is gonna be the 24th game built. Your game should be number 24 but it should be the last game made.

#4379 10 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Cant wait. Print it, Build it, Ship it!

I am so ready to - PLAY IT!! Looking great guys...this game will rock! #64

#4380 10 years ago

Your game should be number 24 but it should be the last game made.

Correct.....sorry. I should edit that i guess.

#4381 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Correct.....sorry. I should edit that i guess.

No worries, congrats on getting on the preorder list

#4382 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree, Arnold's body has much more detail than any of the other characters, I'd personally like to see him more cartoon like the rest, show his muscles, just not the lines all over.

I think the uv light will make the 'excessive' detail in arnie make sense....

#4383 10 years ago

Bump to the top

#4384 10 years ago

I sent a couple more payments. I can't wait for an update.

#4385 10 years ago

Your game should be number 24 but it should be the last game made.

Yep, exactly this.

I can't wait for an update.

I know we say this all the time, but we ARE working on it. We're gearing up for the Northwest show currently, and Aaron is out of town for a few days, so I'm clamoring to get as much done as I can. I'm trying to get a video done before the game ships out for the west coast, but I want to get at least the preliminary UV layer on here first. We've got a lot of test planks hanging out here, but I want it to be shown in the game in this vid.

#4386 10 years ago

Can't wait

#4387 10 years ago

When is the northwest show again?

#4388 10 years ago

Kevin.....I won't even ask.....

#4389 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Yep, exactly this.I know we say this all the time, but we ARE working on it. We're gearing up for the Northwest show currently, and Aaron is out of town for a few days, so I'm clamoring to get as much done as I can. I'm trying to get a video done before the game ships out for the west coast, but I want to get at least the preliminary UV layer on here first. We've got a lot of test planks hanging out here, but I want it to be shown in the game in this vid.

Great news, I can't wait Kevin. I bet that UV paint when finished is gonna look sick

#4390 10 years ago

I understand the UV paint effect is only visible under certain lighting, but can you see it with the naked eye if you look close enough?

Can you get different UV effects under different shades of lighting?

#4391 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When is the northwest show again?

June 7th through the 9th at the Tacoma convention center.

Quoted from mulder2010:

I understand the UV paint effect is only visible under certain lighting, but can you see it with the naked eye if you look close enough?

If you're looking for it right up close, you can tell something is there. You have to be right up on it, like glass off, to notice it.

Quoted from mulder2010:

Can you get different UV effects under different shades of lighting?

What do you mean? Like different wavelengths of UV?

#4392 10 years ago

I'm trying to understand exactly what color light (say black) reveals the UV artwork, and if different colors, such as blue or green could reveal other images.

Don't recall seeing an example of how the UV paint effects work. Can you point to some examples?

#4393 10 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

what color light (say black) reveals the UV artwork, and if different colors, such as blue or green could reveal other images.

Ultra Violet doens't come in blue or green. Ultra violet is a "color" (wavelength) you can't (but bees can) see, PAST (ultra) violet (roygbiv) on the spectrum. To nerds like me it's kind of a funny joke that SkitB is using ULTRA violet to represent INFRA red. Heh.

Ultra Violet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet

#4394 10 years ago

I don't think they are using real UV lamps, I think they are more black light LEDs. I'm pretty sure real UV would fade the artwork.

#4395 10 years ago

Blacklight. I love how they're using a whole strip. If anyone's played Viper, you kno how bad it can suck if it doesn't look right

#4396 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I don't think they are using real UV lamps, I think they are more black light LEDs. I'm pretty sure real UV would fade the artwork.

A blacklight LED is a UV light isn't it. Anyway I doubt the UV will fade paint given the short periods it will be on.

#4397 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

A blacklight LED is a UV light isn't it.

Pretty much. We see what's left of the radiation, which to us looks purple (like a violet laser), and the UV reacts with the rest which we perceive as, well, weird and glowy. Fun with UV? Shoot a violet laser at any glow in the dark toy. You have NOT seen glow until you've seen it hit with a violet laser. Also, check out photos of flowers in UV. Bees can see UV, and of course flowers have evolved to attract primarily bees, not humans. So, you can take a pretty plain ass looking flower to us, but to a bee the god damned thing looks like a bull's eye with a runway leading right to the nectar. Pretty cool.

#4398 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Pretty much. We see what's left of the radiation, which to us looks purple (like a violet laser), and the UV reacts with the rest which we perceive as, well, weird and glowy. Fun with UV? Shoot a violet laser at any glow in the dark toy. You have NOT seen glow until you've seen it hit with a violet laser. Also, check out photos of flowers in UV. Bees can see UV, and of course flowers have evolved to attract primarily bees, not humans. So, you can take a pretty plain ass looking flower to us, but to a bee the god damned thing looks like a bull's eye with a runway leading right to the nectar. Pretty cool.

After this post I realize we have every type of nerd/geek on the web here. You can learn a little about everything here.

#4399 10 years ago

After this post I realize we have every type of nerd/geek on the web here. You can learn a little about everything here.

I keep forgetting to take my son's violet laser into the garden and see if I can direct a few pollinators right into specific flowers like a traffic cop. Considering how painfully bright blue it reflects off true white to human eyes, it must look like the fucking wave motion gun to bees.

#4400 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I keep forgetting to take my son's violet laser into the garden and see if I can direct a few pollinators right into specific flowers like a traffic cop. Considering how painfully bright blue it reflects off true white to human eyes, it must look like the fucking wave motion gun to bees.

Lol, probably so

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.