Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 143.
#4301 6 years ago

Everything looks good to me! Good improvements.

#4302 6 years ago

Man, what a difference with Arnold's shoulder, nice work. So subtle yet it made a huge difference. I would have to agree with MagicMako, I do like the skull better that he has pictured. It looks like the backside of the skull is shortened, possibly because the real estate limitations. Some shadowing in the skulls eye sockets would add a lot of depth as MagicMako has pictured. Still somewhat flat looking where a lot of shadowing and detail has gone into the rest of the head and blood. Be nice to see a full shot of the Playfield again with the new changes. Think that detail may be unnecessary if it all flows together. If anything, it's nit picking, I'm just ready to see some video!

#4303 6 years ago

The skull looks funky . I like the skull Magicmako shows perfectly. Place that in Predators hand and you have a winner, many ,many people have said it , the Weird line above the eye sockets is strange on the two examples , Kind of like an ATV tire track left in snow . Perhaps it is supposed to be a shadow , not sure. I looked at many skull images and do not know what that indentation is ?
Anyway I am in no matter , but as Flashburn says . it is in the spot you will be focusing on the most. on top of Flippers

#4304 6 years ago

YES!!! Flying robot shark with Lasers!!!!

I thought someone here might appreciate this. If you like 80's action movies and video games, this might be the best $15 you ever spent. Soundtrack that mimics Terminator 2, Predator, and Running Man! 80's laser shows! Dragons with lasers for eyes! MICHAEL F'IN BEIHN! Check it out
ยป YouTube video
The nostalgia makes my nose bleed.

Screen_Shot_2013-05-13_at_8.56.05_PM.png

#4305 6 years ago

Arnolds shoulder - thumbs up! THANK YOU!!!
Arnolds chest - still weird
Skull - not working, blood too thick, needs to be thinner and splattered

#4306 6 years ago

I say build it,build it now (in Arnie voice)
I will be to busy playing it to look at the Skull and Arnie's shoulder
I think it will all come together in the final product,plus still don't know what kind of effect the UV paint will have on the playfield.

Good job SkitB boyz

#4307 6 years ago

Arnie's shoulder looks great, I also agree that the blood on the skull just doesnt look right. MagicMako's skull looks great.

#4308 6 years ago

Shoulder looks perfect!

And someone who has PS, just do a quick cut on the 'real' looking skull and put it over the PF artwork (don't even need to do any skew/distort, just a cut and paste jobby ) so we can get an idea of how that would look.

#4309 6 years ago

Wow, you guys are awesome!! Thank you so much for fixing Arnie's shoulder it looks much better now. This is such a big reason why this project is so cool. Here you all are working your tales off and you have some pinheads (me included) voicing concerns regarding a few details in the art. Instead of rolling your eyes and just moving on you listen and actually make changes for the better. This project is just so fun to be a part of and mainly becuase of the Skit-B crew and their approach to building the Predator.

I suspect most if not all the artwork is on or close to the final version. If it is not final then one suggestion I would make is to remove most if not all of the the smaller stray dots of blood on the skull and connect the top line of blood along the crown. I think that would make it flow better and give it a bit more natural look. I know I'm nit-picking here just throwing it out there in case there may be another revision.

#4310 6 years ago

Yes! The shoulder looks great. Thanks for fixing it. I have the same concerns as others. Arnolds chest is smooth it doesn't look like a roided out guy who just did about 80 sets of lifts concentrating on his chest. And the infamous skull. I wasn't in love with the first skull but it was most connected to the movie because the skull was completely drenched in blood. The second skull was ok looking but not linked to the movie and the third and forth skull I don't like at all but it's not a deal breaker for me. Predator is not my vision its Skit-Bs and at the end of the day its what they want to release so who am I to try and have things changed? Anyway good luck with the end product I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

#4311 6 years ago

Arnie > looks great

Skull > looks better but still looks very flat, needs more 3d shading. I also would prefer less comic book jello blood.

JMHO

THANKS for still listening to us whackos!

#4312 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Arnolds chest is smooth it doesn't look like a roided out guy who just did about 80 sets of lifts concentrating on his chest.

I agree, Arnold's body has much more detail than any of the other characters, I'd personally like to see him more cartoon like the rest, show his muscles, just not the lines all over.

#4313 6 years ago

lol. I honestly can't tell the difference in either picture.

#4314 6 years ago

I know it hasn't changed recently, but I'm really impressed with Arnold's face, it looks just like him.

#4315 6 years ago

his chest does look a lot like bacon strips, could probably use a little tweaking there...

#4316 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Arnolds shoulder - thumbs up! THANK YOU!!!
Arnolds chest - still weird
Skull - not working, blood too thick, needs to be thinner and splattered

+1 one. Small asjustment needed on Arnold's chest, shouldn't be hard to do. Skull should be more irregular rather than being so round. Blood needs work - dripping, splatters but not big red gummy worms.

#4317 6 years ago

Artwork looks great! Keep up the good work.

#4318 6 years ago

The artwork updates look much better, thanks for listening skit-b.

#4319 6 years ago

The art is looking great!! I just want Arnold to yell "get to the choppah" when u plunge the ball!!! That would be so epic!!!

#4320 6 years ago

I believe he yells "get to the choppa" when you lite the lock

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I can't either.

I have a feeling a lot of people on the waiting list are going to be happy.

#4322 6 years ago

If you look at the shoulder in relation to the gun barrel you can see the difference, the updated version looks way more proportional and does not bulge out like the original did.

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a feeling a lot of people on the waiting list are going to be happy.

Nothing wrong with that!

#4324 6 years ago

Those having trouble telling the difference here's the pic

IMG_20130514_124358.jpg

#4325 6 years ago

...and the left. Arm is closer to gun, thicker, etc...

#4326 6 years ago

It looks like his body was rotated ever so slightly to make him face forward more.

This reminds me of that game in the newspaper comic section where you had to spot the differences in two photos.

#4327 6 years ago

Just check out the pockets on the guys behind him and how they change. Right arm gets bigger and takes over more of the pocket in the background, left arm gets smaller and more camo is visible on the pocket behind it.

#4328 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It looks like his body was rotated ever so slightly to make him face forward more.

The changes make it LOOK like that.

#4329 6 years ago

Here is my cartoon version...

ted_cartoon.jpg

#4330 6 years ago

Reading the other thread about callouts, i'm wondering if there will be any custom voice work for Predator?

#4331 6 years ago

arniebna.gif

#4332 6 years ago

Aurich- Thanks!

It's a little bit hypnotizing.

#4333 6 years ago

I feel like it's a cartoonized version of this flexing gif

81941941.gif

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Aurich- Thanks!
It's a little bit hypnotizing.

Yeah, I stared at that myself a little too long after making it. It's like he was dancing to the music I had on.

#4335 6 years ago

Thanks, this helps a lot

#4336 6 years ago

Nice work man, thanks.

Still can't believe that's what the fuss was about. I get the the jelly/skull thing, but damn.

Ah well, shoulder look good now I guess.

#4337 6 years ago

Shoulder looks great now. Good adjustment.

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I feel like it's a cartoonized version of this flexing gif

This is a good gif to show the chest problems with the drawing

#4339 6 years ago

The skull and predator's hand lacks texture and looks cartoony. Predator's wrist looks swollen. That being said as a fellow artist, hands are by far one of the hardest body parts to draw. The skull and hand portion just doesn't match the detail in the rest of the artwork, which is very good. Sorry if I come off super critical, I just feel looking at the rest of the artwork I know you have the skills to give it the same detail.
P.S I will be making my payment in full next week.

#4340 6 years ago

Well if they decide to adjust bacon on Arnie's chest, I can't wait to see the combined gif.

#4341 6 years ago

..And wearing glasses to the left, Shane Black, director of Iron Man 3.

#4342 6 years ago

Wow.......ok, so that little detail is what we are down to now.....wow........

#4343 6 years ago

Was hoping Carl Weathers face would be tweaked , Hoped Carl was going to log on for me and speak his mind on how it did not look like him but must have gotten tied up . Anyway . Can't wait to play this Title

untitled.png

#4344 6 years ago

Arnold looks great. (Though I thought he always did. I guess I can go ahead and admit he looks better now.) I just don't dig that skull at all. I'd be happy with everything else as is, but that skull / hand is so prominent. I honestly thought maybe the hand was not actually finished. To me it looks like an illustrator had blocked it out for spacing and forgot to finish it. And the skull... man, if we have to have that version (instead of the super fantastic version 2.0 that maybe we wish we never saw), grey or white, I just wish the blood was not so gelatenous.

It's obviously not a deal breaker, it just doesn't seem to fit at all. It really looks like someone else drew it, like cut and paste. I think that and the color is what makes it stand out so much.

Can't wait to see the plastics. OOooooo hope they have that together for Tacoma.

#4345 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Arnold looks great. (Though I thought he always did. I guess I can go ahead and admit he looks better now.) I just don't dig that skull at all. I'd be happy with everything else as is, but that skull / hand is so prominent. I honestly thought maybe the hand was not actually finished. To me it looks like an illustrator had blocked it out for spacing and forgot to finish it. And the skull... man, if we have to have that version (instead of the super fantastic version 2.0 that maybe we wish we never saw), grey or white, I just wish the blood was not so gelatenous.
It's obviously not a deal breaker, it just doesn't seem to fit at all.

Exact same impression for me. IMO, Arnold is fine, the skull is (still) not, but that's not a major issue for me and I won't cancel my preorder based on it!

#4346 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Exact same impression for me. IMO, Arnold is fine, the skull is (still) not, but that's not a major issue for me and I won't cancel my preorder based on it!

Agree skull looks to cartoon like. The other example posted looks much better and more realistic.

#4347 6 years ago

I dont think the skull looks anymore cartoony than the rest of the playfield. On the movie, when Pred holds up the skull, the blood does have a jelly/coagulated look to it. The only discrepancy I find is the skull has more of a red hue in the movie. Either way, the artwork is important to the feel of the game but what keeps us coming back for more is the gameplay. For example, my JM is one of my favorate pins these days(its fast as hell) but IMO has some of the worst artwork Ive seen on a pinball machine. Seriously, they blew it on that one but outta all my games my friends and I play that the most. The SkitB team has put out a playfield that to me looks awesome. If guys are dropping out because the artwork doesnt suit them, seems kinda flakey to me, IMO?

#4348 6 years ago

Just wait until we see a video update and this thread will hit 10,000 posts by xmas.

#4349 6 years ago

I cannot tell any difference in the Arnold before and after. I see a general canvas shade difference in the skull. Nothing in detail that my eyes can detect anyway. By the way, I am ok in either event and never was part of the group politely requesting art modifications.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 30.40
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 35.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 224.99
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside